Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Sagging capitols

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

kivik

Part of the furniture
Constructive, well reasoned argument. You sure as hell showed me ;)

Sorry, but your silly idea wasn't worth the time to make up some counter arguments to, as if they were'nt obvious enough already.

And I'm sad to see how everyone seem to want to ruin in for anyone who solos. I think most of you know that it will just lead to further abuse and whine, in-game and on the forums. And by the looks of it, it seems to be the major reason 'roleplaying' casuals left DAoC. Lose-lose situation :mad:

Anyways, I will be there and make sure the tradition of soloing lives on. If it means I'll mostly be lying face down studying the ground, then so be fucking it :)

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
You do know its REALM vs REALM do you not? Sorry, zero excuse to complain if u are soloing and others dont want to entertain leaving soloers alone.

kivik

Part of the furniture
You do know its REALM vs REALM do you not?

I would assume it's the thousandth time I've heard it, used as some fucking excuse.

Realm vs. Realm. Means it's two/many realms in war against eachother. It doesn't necessarily have to mean you must run among your realmmembers all the time. Soloing, full group, zerg, whatever, is a part of RvR, simple as. If you still believe otherwise, what makes you think Mythic invented Solo Kills and Solo Titles, huh? Your silly excuse of an argument says nothing.

vayasen said:
Sorry, zero excuse to complain if u are soloing and others dont want to entertain leaving soloers alone.

Sorry, zero excuse to complain if you get complained/shouted at for provoking someone.

Additionally, it's not about entertainment, it's about showing mutual respect.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Nobody is provoking any1, we are simply going to be fighting a war vs our sworn enemies.

If people want to complain, good luck to them (can u picture it, a Warhammer novel, a Dwarven Hero complaining that the orcs want to ATTACK him while he runs through their lands).

I wont reply any more because im not going to get drawn into bickering with some1 who thinks people have the right to tell others who they can and cant attack and it will just degenorate.

You play the game how you want to, we wont complain, but in reciprocally, dont tell others how they should/shpoulnt play either.

Vaya

kivik

Part of the furniture
Nobody is provoking any1, we are simply going to be fighting a war vs our sworn enemies.

prepare to be pissed off! cos i couldn't give a monkeys :p

Of course not :rolleyes:

vayasen said:
If people want to complain, good luck to them (can u picture it, a Warhammer novel, a Dwarven Hero complaining that the orcs want to ATTACK him while he runs through their lands).

Can you imagine a Dwarven warrior go all 'I'm leaving this game' when an enemy of his realm start abusing him? Guess not.

vayasen said:
I wont reply any more because im not going to get drawn into bickering with some1 who thinks people have the right to tell others who they can and cant attack and it will just degenorate.

You play the game how you want to, we wont complain, but in reciprocally, dont tell others how they should/shpoulnt play either.

If you quote a post of me where I'm telling others how to play, I would accept your reason to stop argueing with me. But since you apparently are just making up random bullshit I can just assume I was right.

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
Of course not :rolleyes:

I didnt say i was deliberatly out to provoke people, i was simply saying that i couldnt give a monkeys if i jump in on two people duelling. I think, from up there on your imaginary moral pedastal, your confusing provocation with complete indifference about joining in a fight :p

kivik

Part of the furniture
I didnt say i was deliberatly out to provoke people, i was simply saying that i couldnt give a monkeys if i jump in on two people duelling.

Gorbash said:
prepare to be pissed off!

You're basically telling soloers to prepare to be pissed off, cause you couldn't give a monkeys, when you jump in on two people dueling. Your saying this because you know soloers will be pissed you when you ruin it for them, if that's not provoking then I don't know what is.

Gorbash said:
I think, from up there on your imaginary moral pedastal, your confusing provocation with complete indifference about joining in a fight :p

I think, from down there on you imaginary moral lower ground, you aren't actually trying to provoke soloers in game. You just want to play the game it was designed to be played, but you really did want to provoke soloers on the forum with that post :)

I'm not saying that adding/zerging is wrong, cause it's not. But mark my words, if you do deliberatly go out to just ruin for soloers you're going to get another server where whines and abuse through forums and in-game becomes a part of the server. I don't think anyone of us wants to put up with that, again :)

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
so if i said 'prepare to get wet' when we all knew it was about to rain... is that provocation? or is it stating a fact? you really do dig for hidden meaning in what i thought were perfectly innocent and above all, simple, statements. dont you?

and btw... did you really need 3 quote windows to (try) to proove a pretty silly point?

And fyi: my imaginary world > yours :D

kivik

Part of the furniture
so if i said 'prepare to get wet' when we all knew it was about to rain... is that provocation? or is it stating a fact? you really do dig for hidden meaning in what i thought were perfectly innocent and above all, simple, statements. dont you?

If you are the one causing the rain on purpose, and you know the people hate rain, and you finish the message with a :p. Then yes, that's procovation. No need to dig for a hidden meaning when it's so obvious :)

Gorbash said:
and btw... did you really need 3 quote windows to (try) to proove a pretty silly point?

Sure I do! Here's another if yer want!

Gorbash said:
I like to touch myself when nobody can see me

:)

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
once again, you have completely confused 'provocation' with 'stating a fact' (most would think you'd have learned the first time) in an effort to be a smart arse (noone likes a smart arse). for that scenario to be provocative, i would have to be causing the rain purely to piss people that hate rain off. whereas here, im doing it cos the plants need a good watering, and if people happen to get wet in the process, could i give a fying monkeys? they had fair warning. :p

now.. where can we compare this situation to....? or do i need to spell it out so it might sink a little deeper than hair level into that thick skull of yours :p (THAT was provocation)

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Got kind of a little off topic huh guys? I'm in for the 'Realm group vs Realm group'. However if i'm asked not to interfere i'll also move on without spoiling the dual. If i get whinged at for steamrolling an enemy because someone didn't tell me it was a 'dual' (i'm agreeing, a 1x1 fight isn't a dual, dual is something you do for your realm, its something you do to allies) then yeah, i'll likely move on and ignore them. All it takes is a text macro saying 'i wanna take him 1 on 1' and i might just settle down to watch. If i'm told politely after the fact, i'll apologise and try not to again.

Lets just stop blowing smoke, if we're all polite, then Kivik and other soloers like him will manage fine and their playstyle fits as well as ours in Realm vs Realm title. I'll try to show consideration, and soloers can be polite if i make a mistake, its not asking a lot of each other ;)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Thing is, noone cares about people that want to solo or duel in the open world battlefield. In addition the moronic attitude of some of these soloers or duelers are kinda idiotic. In DAoC you could meet people that said fuck off if you disturbed one of their precious "fair fights" and then in the next moment crying that you didn't help him when he was losing the duel.

There is no such thing as "a fair fight" or "an unfair fight". There's only "a fight". Circumstances are irrelevant.

Enough said about this. WAR will be about teamplay, not wanking around alone.

kivik

Part of the furniture
WAR will be about wanking together, not wanking around alone.

I understand, but in the end I think I'll choose the latter, thanks for the offer though! :eek:

On a more serious note; Aesgir, that's exactly what I want to hear. The utopia for me, mutual respect.

Aesgir said:
Lets just stop blowing smoke, if we're all polite, then Kivik and other soloers like him will manage fine and their playstyle fits as well as ours in Realm vs Realm title. I'll try to show consideration, and soloers can be polite if i make a mistake, its not asking a lot of each other.

I want to be on the same server as you! :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Thing is, noone cares about people that want to solo or duel in the open world battlefield. In addition the moronic attitude of some of these soloers or duelers are kinda idiotic. In DAoC you could meet people that said fuck off if you disturbed one of their precious "fair fights" and then in the next moment crying that you didn't help him when he was losing the duel.

Those people are also called morons :>

If a guy politely asks you 'Please i want to fight alone vs this guy' what would you reply?

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
What if my guild is running through (insert a random location) and nearby are 20 other allies.

We happen upon a group of 30 enemies and I yell at our allies 'PLEASE, My guild wants to kill these ourselves, please leave them to us'.

Or, if a soloer joined in a huge melee and we say 'dont attack 'our' targets please.

You see the point, trying to exlude people from fights is distorting the the game.

By your way of thinking, I can shout 'please leave these enemies to us, we are guild killing' I could claim rights to fight any1 we meet, wherever they are and expect any1 else to keep out of it....any1 inteferering must surely be provocating us in an attempt to spoil our guild fun?

I consider myself as an honourable fighter, but attemting to distort the game with seperate rules in a warzone is a recipe for arguements, please dont try police the game and other players within it and maybe we could avoid these silly arguements both here, in release and on the server forums.
Vayasen

kivik

Part of the furniture
I have to agree there, it does sound a bit silly asking 'could you let me take this one please', depends how you ask and in what attitude. I was more thinking of if you meet a known soloer out there it wouldn't be too much to ask to just spare him. I'm not sure on your view on the matter but I wouldn't consider him the primary threat against the realm :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
What if my guild is running through (insert a random location) and nearby are 20 other allies.

We happen upon a group of 30 enemies and I yell at our allies 'PLEASE, My guild wants to kill these ourselves, please leave them to us'.

Or, if a soloer joined in a huge melee and we say 'dont attack 'our' targets please.

Of course. Those two scenarios people dont expect to be left alone, nor should feel entitled to let others out.

Scenario 1. Usually when i come across this sort were well aware that the 'zerg' is just around the corner so we dont really expect to be left alone. But if we are standing in the middle of nowhere fighting a full group we really hope that another group passing by wont add because it takes away a very good battle. One that might last for several minutes. If the group adds the figh is over in 30 or less seconds and no one really got to enjoy the action. If soloers are nearby and decide to add, thats just what happens, they usually die fast because they have no group anyways. unless the amount of soloers add up alot :D

Second scenario is pretty silly as the one fighting should know what to expect ;) But for instance you see a fight a bit away you should just go there and see whats happening, and if your realm mate is in need of help. Take the killing blow or w/e but the guys fighting there probably wants to be left alone :>

I just think its fair play towards your realm mates and your realm enemies... Can you follow?

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I do follow, but please dont try police (and subsequently judge people) in open RVR.

There are plenty of places in Warhammer to play balanced PVP.

Hounourable fighting, dirty fighting, outflanking, outnumbering, ambushing are all very viable methods of open RVR. NExt we will hear 'dont ambush people, if a team of 8 ambushes another team of 8, the fight is not fair'.

The great thing about open RVR is the unknown. The minute you ambush a smaller force and being to laugh...you might let your guard down for a moment, in that moment an emeny team trailing the force you ambushed is swarming into your flank....FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

In that situation, I sure as hell wouldnt start moanign that the extra tea m'added'. For gods sake, its warfare, its the unexpected; with tactical brains and strategy paying a huge part.

Nowhere is open RVR designed so that 1 team can fight another team...and any passing teams must bypass the fight in case they 'unblance' the battle.

For example, if my team stumbles into a melee of aprrox 4 teams vs 4 teams, are we suppsoed to COUNT the enemy before we enter the fray? Of course not, the minute we see them we swarm into their flank and aid our allies in the battle vs our sworn enemies. We count their corpses after the fight and move on to (hopefully) more glorious battles.

Open RVR = open warfare with (more often than not) unbalanced battles, where people REALLY shouldnt reproach any1 who charges to aid allies.

Scenarios - great for people wanting a balanced matchup where you know what you are getting.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Those people are also called morons :>

If a guy politely asks you 'Please i want to fight alone vs this guy' what would you reply?

You know, it's easy not to click the attack button. Fair play. But don't expect the next fella around the corner caring so much

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Dont be silly vayasen, you know exactly when your help is appreciated and when its not :>

You know, it's easy not to click the attack button. Fair play. But don't expect the next fella around the corner caring so much

I wont expect anything from the next guy, however i will pay my respects to you as, in my eyes, an honerable player.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
This is WARfare, sorry , dont try policing the battles.

You have zero right to tell / expect people not to attack enemies because 'you alone want to have the right to fight them'.

Hopefully our server will be full of people wanting a good ol battle with flanking, ambushes, chases, charges, routs and crushing victories(and maybe the odd defeat ;p)

The less people complaining that others arnt playing by their own made up fictional rules the better.

I quit DAOC some years ago, but I did hear from friends that servers became ridden with people blacklisting individuals for 'adding' in battles. What a complete load of crap. Play the game and do not distort things into a private ruleset.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
*Chuckles* well i'm never gonna try to tell someone how to play, only what i would do. A 1 vs 1 fight i view as an individual testing himself, whereas i see a large allied force under attack by an enemy force i will weigh in no hestitation, and probably ignore any 'don't kill' request. A double standard i know, but one i view as someone who wants to see what they can manage, the other i see as elitist fools. If they do group warfare, its a full realm battle, not an honorable fight in my book.

And yes i'd heard the same about DAoC, its a stupid system the playerbase has adopted, and one that made me think twice about going back. Should give you a clue that my main on there was a Dwarf Healer, i was in it for the co-operative play lol, but i never 'added' on a shadowblade sneaking around unless asked to. I doubt soloers will be as much of a common thing on WAR to be perfectly honest, with a lack of stealthers, anyone not in a group is going to be seen as fair game by most before they even reach a 1x1 fight, but if i see them and they ask not to be disturbed, i for one will happily oblige and seek action elsewhere.

And yes i can see Scenarios are the best place for a 1x1 fight, although a little difficult to manage if you have a specific foe in mind with the x-server queues. *Chuckles* probably the best thing to do as a level 40 wanting to solo is head into the lowest tier and meet the enemy, save big level 40 groups coming disturbing you. Long as you don't kill the lowbies anyway :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
This is WARfare, sorry , dont try policing the battles.

You have zero right to tell / expect people not to attack enemies because 'you alone want to have the right to fight them'.

Read my last line. I dont expect anything. And i dont tell anyone how to play. I merely ask people politely to make the game fun for me to play. They can follow my request and i will respect them, or they can disregard it and i will just see them as assholes.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
So any1 who ignores your requests (ie what u conisder is correct...even tho u are imposing distorted rules into the game) is an asshole?

I see, and you wonder why so many arguements cropped up?

Play the game. Enjoy it. You will win some battles, you will lose others.

Sometimes you will outnumber the enemy, sometimes you will be crushed by a massive force.

To those who have their own little rulesets, please play on your own server where everyone stands around doing 1 on 1 duels. Leave the rest of the servers to people wanting mass RVR without people crying on forums about it.

Roll on mass warfare

Vayasen

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Let me be clear...

Anything that moves and can be attacked will be attacked, solo or not. I saw DAoC badly damaged by this whole shitty 'I am a soloer, let me duel in peace' attitude combined with the elitest 1fg brigade who will quite happily abuse you if you happen to run into a fight and help your faction win. It was bullshit then and it is bullshit now. The game is realm versus realm, learn to live with it because WAR is going to be just that, WAR!

Those of you wanting solo fights or small group combat can and will find ways to get just that but don't expect the rest of us to have YOUR rules forced upon us. It happened once, it will not be happening again.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Well they will have todo it a couple of times before i judge them :p

But if a guy keeps on spoiling the fights im having eventho i continue to ask him not to help me out, then yes, i will think of him as an asshole. I probably wont help him out if he's in trouble either :>

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Crispy, sorry m8, but your side on your server will end up argueing and falling out. It WILL happen. YOU are trying to force rules onto people, your OWN rules.

I do pity servers that will fall out because people judge their realm8s and thereafter judge them just for fighting and helping their side win the war.

Fight solo, fight solo as much as you want, I wont complain that you are soloing, its your choice, I wont judge you.

PLEASE dont turn realms into bickering factions. PLEASE!! You need unity. (hmm for those in the know, that might be a bad choice of words ;))

Can you imagine in the outskirts of Basra, your comrade from the British welsh dragoons regiment is pinned down by sniper fire. NO MATTER WHAT, YOU HELP HIM, HE IS YOUR COMRADE AND YOU MUST SAVE HIM.

Why would comrades and allies do anything other than that in this War that is fast approaching us.

there is room for leniancy of course, but dont dare turn servers into splintered factions because YOU want your own rules.

Grrr

kivik

Part of the furniture
Can you imagine in the outskirts of Basra, your comrade from the British welsh dragoons regiment is pinned down by sniper fire. NO MATTER WHAT, YOU HELP HIM, HE IS YOUR COMRADE AND YOU MUST SAVE HIM.

Why would comrades and allies do anything other than that in this War that is fast approaching us.

Yes, cause IRL war is the same as a game :rolleyes: These comparisions are fantastic aren't they?

Despise of it being a worthless example, if the 'comrade' would've repetively said 'I want to be left alone' and gone out alone then I would respect him and let him to the thing he wants to do.

The difference is in this game you do /release when you're dead and you're ready to go again, that's why some of us don't take dying as the end of the world :p

Also I'm not forcing rules upon anyone, I want mutual respect. And I don't want a server with only soloers cause quite frankly, nothing beats a huge battle with equal amounts of enemies on both side, not even a good solo fight :)

You're not damaging the server/game when you do soloing, and you won't damage the serber/game if you do leave soloers. The problems comes into play when people start to ruin it for these people, and they start whine and abuse. Vicious circle. Personally I'll strive to get fellow soloers to behave, but it won't help if you guys will be shouting. LOL ITS WAR RVR DIE DIE DIE RPS (whatever you'll be rewarded in WAR)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom