Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Sagging capitols

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Theres scenarios, world RvR and capitol sieges, or did i miss a fourth option?

Well anyways: what RvR are you looking forward to?

Personally im hoping for some good old full group action in the open lands! Oooh the excitement! A zerg on the other side of the hill? How many groups are we going to fight now? OH NOES, NOT THEM! :D

So unpredictable, I love it!

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Theres scenarios and world RvR, or did i miss a third option?

Well anyways: what RvR are you looking forward to?

Personally im hoping for some good old full group action in the open lands! Oooh the excitement! A zerg on the other side of the hill? How many groups are we going to fight now? OH NOES, NOT THEM! :D

So unpredictable, I love it!

I use to love the old alliance chat going when spotting serveral groups of mids / hibs in our frontier, trying to gather everyone to counter attack them when they attack a keep etc.
Was awesome not knowing which way the battle was going to go.
I havent really looked into the pvp side of WAR, but I hope they have something similar to relics, that needs loads of people to get, which caused mass 3 way rvr (in WAR I guess it will be 2 way but meh)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
had to vote for sagging capitols.

You begin casting "Subsidence" - you critically hit building foundations for 1000 damage.

(You may have meant sacking...)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
had to vote for sagging capitols.

You begin casting "Subsidence" - you critically hit building foundations for 1000 damage.

(You may have meant sacking...)

Ah yes! youre welcome to edit my post :D

(am not from around here)

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Voted other because I'm looking forward to all three :)

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
I voted for sagging capitols too as I'm getting older I am suffering from the same thing.

ileks

Part of the furniture
sacking capitals! cant wait tbh :) I hope it involves a lot of thought and coordination to achieve tho, rather than just a big zerg battle.

Also looking forwards to the scenarios. Will be nice to be able to log in for an hour and join in the fun (a bit like irvr in daoc). Never played WoW so never experienced this type of instanced PvP, tho i am hoping for no cross server queues.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Voted Open World, as much fun as sacking the capitols sounds, i like the idea of a big open space with objectives to conquer and hold against a horde of greenskins ;)

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
1: Open World
2: Sacking Capitols
3: Scenarios

I look forward to all of them in that order, doing the same over and over gets boring so some change is needed.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I REALLY hope people at Mythic are listning, because im convinced people have the wrong impression.

Firstly, millions of people play WOW, including WOWs PVP instances (scenarios). they play them NOT because they are good, but because thats ALL the PVP on offer really (yey ayeah arena).

Scenarios are reinse repeat, regarless if they effect the outside world or not. Its a balanced ggame with hardly ANY surprises after a few goes.

Secondly, nothing imo, beats the thrill of open world PVP (with meaning). Its amazing to run with yr guild and walk into a huge battle unexpectedly and pitch in to save the day or go down in glory with your comrades. WOW has nothing of this, it is 100% par for the course rinse repeat.

I just pray Mythic DONT look at WOWs sub snumbers and think 'hey WOW has it right with instanced PVP...loads play it'.

Bring back the unexptected and battles you can remember even 5 years down the line. Where innitiative is rewarded, rather than 'who can run fastest from spawn point A to capture the flag point B.(then repeat same fight 20 time sin a row).

I really hope some1 at mythic sees sense.

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
open world, basically anything thats far away from instancing or 8v8

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I REALLY hope people at Mythic are listning, because im convinced people have the wrong impression.

Firstly, millions of people play WOW, including WOWs PVP instances (scenarios). they play them NOT because they are good, but because thats ALL the PVP on offer really (yey ayeah arena).

Scenarios are reinse repeat, regarless if they effect the outside world or not. Its a balanced ggame with hardly ANY surprises after a few goes.

Secondly, nothing imo, beats the thrill of open world PVP (with meaning). Its amazing to run with yr guild and walk into a huge battle unexpectedly and pitch in to save the day or go down in glory with your comrades. WOW has nothing of this, it is 100% par for the course rinse repeat.

I just pray Mythic DONT look at WOWs sub snumbers and think 'hey WOW has it right with instanced PVP...loads play it'.

Bring back the unexptected and battles you can remember even 5 years down the line. Where innitiative is rewarded, rather than 'who can run fastest from spawn point A to capture the flag point B.(then repeat same fight 20 time sin a row).

I think you will find the open warfare involved in sacking the cities should be fine. The instances though are part of game and contribute to the overall war.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Oh Im not saying some scenarios and indeed City sieges wont be fun, I just hope they dont rely on these scenarios as the backbone and main option for PVP.....its so reinse repeat (which team can run fastest from Spawn point to Capture flag point).

then when you win, repeat the exact same fight five more times.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with Vayasen 100% I remember when i was mad enough to get Exalted reputation on Alterac Valley <shudder>

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Too fucking right, if the PvP turns out like WoW I can't see myself playing for more than a year.

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
Abit of variation of it all....first of all im dying to get in the game now it looks very promising =D

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Open world with some sacking of stuff. That's definately what I'm looking forward to :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH

Before I begin picking this apart, I want to state that we are on the same page as far as memorable battles go.

Here is the picking apart bit, bear in mind it's my *OPINION*:
WoW's instances are good. They are fun and relatively fair-sided. The imbalance comes when "raid-geared vent gankteam" comes up against "just some PUG". Back in the day, when they were still designing WAR, there was talk of not pitching groups of differently geared toons against one another. We shall see if they pull that one off.

Scenarios can be interesting, and less rinse/repeat than having your zerg ganked at a milegate by 8-man ganksquads. You remember those 5 years on? I'm sure they outnumber by far the few battles you do remember.

I'm going to assume you never played at Alterac Valley at it's prime (pre-guard nerf). When those huge 80-man skirmishes raged for hour upon hour, for me, those were the battles you describe. Moving from point to point to protect a tower or attack a garrison, arriving just in time to save it or die trying.

After reading details about the plans Mark Jacobs developed for his post-daoc project, with all of his accumulated data from years and years of play, I'm pretty confident that this time around Mythic will get things right.

My advice to you is to just relax, it'll come good in time. You'll see.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Alterac Valley at its height consisted of people killing each other and death meant nothing apart from a quick run from Gyard back to the frontline to reusme the general melee.

Regardless of what happened at milegates, peopel were free to approach it as they wanted to.

For example, we often hid away from the zerg on a flank with stealthers watching, only to charge into the enemy zergs rear as the two forces met....that was initiative. It was open fighting. Im sure many others had other plans / ploys/ ideas that threw into the mixer with varying results.

Cmon, you know for fact AV in the old days was 2 groups just nuking and peoeple running from the graveyard to rejoin. there wasnt any real tactics. sure some move around the zerg where possible to capture towers, but it was the main fight that decided it.

AV now is just a race from start point to kill end 'boss' first...with forces just ignoring each other wherever possible to win the fight quickest for more rep/honour.

The best PVP I had in WOW, was pre Battelgrounds in the zergs of hillsbrad. No we didnt join the zerg, we would wait out on the flanks in the trees, soon as the enemy pushed our side back....and had them on the run, we would storm in from behind wiping them, varying our rally point so they never knew where we were comign from...much more interesting and rewarding then having a 'set fight' to play out time after time imo.

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
Before I begin picking this apart, I want to state that we are on the same page as far as memorable battles go.

Here is the picking apart bit, bear in mind it's my *OPINION*:
WoW's instances are good. They are fun and relatively fair-sided. The imbalance comes when "raid-geared vent gankteam" comes up against "just some PUG". Back in the day, when they were still designing WAR, there was talk of not pitching groups of differently geared toons against one another. We shall see if they pull that one off.

Scenarios can be interesting, and less rinse/repeat than having your zerg ganked at a milegate by 8-man ganksquads. You remember those 5 years on? I'm sure they outnumber by far the few battles you do remember.

I'm going to assume you never played at Alterac Valley at it's prime (pre-guard nerf). When those huge 80-man skirmishes raged for hour upon hour, for me, those were the battles you describe. Moving from point to point to protect a tower or attack a garrison, arriving just in time to save it or die trying.

After reading details about the plans Mark Jacobs developed for his post-daoc project, with all of his accumulated data from years and years of play, I'm pretty confident that this time around Mythic will get things right.

My advice to you is to just relax, it'll come good in time. You'll see.

Hence my remarks on page one about 8v8, the flaw IMO with the DAOC rvr especially with it being "viewed" on Prydwen at least as the only "Really skillful" form of rvr

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
What I loved about DAOC was that it was what you wanted to make of it.

Often we had mass battles in Emain, huge 3 way battles with more forces arriving on the scene to bolster the fight. Sure some complained about 'bah zergers', but it was WARFARE, not 'lets see who is the best 8v8'

Having said that, I also loved the change of pace in other frontiers, I personally liked to run 1fg in Hadirans and loved 2fg in Odins.

Variation. Initiative. Manouvering.

10 vs 10 Scenarios (IF they are like WOWS instanced pvp) are just rinse repeat.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Imo the great fun about RvR or PvP in general is to never know where the enemy is. Relying on scouts or intel of enemy movements, setting up ambushes or engaging in skirmishes in the weirdest of places. The thrill of the hunt or the feeling when being hunted etc.

The smaller instanced skirmish places where you know that the enemy starts at a specific point and you are in a pipe and have to meet eventually is not that thrilling. Much more fun to be roaming about then, big organized fights are the most fun this way.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I imagine RvR and PvP will be very different in WAR to DAoC, they are limiting the fighting areas so you have to be below a certain level to get in (no stupid ganking) there is no stealth so you can run solo and not have to worry about 10 stealthers at the mile gate. Also the inclusion of collision detection is going to make for some very interesting tactics, you might actually have to kill the tanks first :p

From what I’ve seen of the game it’s going to be zerg against zerg, unfortunately there are only two sides, I liked the unknown of a third force that could hit you at any time and I know I will miss that.

The problem with WoW pvp was the lack of space, there where bottlenecks that forced the armies to meet head on, it lacked any kind of surprise tactics, whilst there should be focus points like keeps, milegates etc they should be optional and not forced upon you.

The frontiers in the game are part of the game map from what I can see, very much like Emain Odin etc. It all looks very promising with the option of several choices, and if one border gets to zergy for you there are two others to choose from.

The only thing I hope that doesn’t happen is the l33t group where you can’t RvR unless you’re of a specific class and spec as you just can’t compete.

:england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom