Misc What I did today...

Chilly

Balls of steel
I wrote some multi-threaded code and ran it on one of our bigger UCS servers. I think I melted a few CPU's.

Code:
top - 15:50:53 up 22:38,  4 users,  load average: 24.33, 24.21, 23.43
Tasks: 553 total,  2 running, 551 sleeping,  0 stopped,  0 zombie
Cpu0  :100.0%us,  0.0%sy,  0.0%ni,  0.0%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Mem:  98997276k total, 11083220k used, 87914056k free,  243044k buffers

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
23299 root      20  0 2455m 2.2g  696 R 2392.7  2.3  1271:00 amdextract

What CPUs you got in that badboy?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
...and we wonder why there are no women on FH...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Got some continuing customer work (Dynamic CRM 4 on-prem to Dynamics CRM 2011 Online - long story - , with absolutely nothing but the entities and data being actually supported) which has caused mental issues with reporting. The original developer spent ages writing them, and writing them badly. Everything they did was unsupported, to the point I've had to give an estimated X days of extra work to fix it. They signed to it. Now... After doing a metric tonne of query rewriting (isn't FetchXML fun?!) I've realised I'm going to need a lot less than X days because 95% of the stuff they actually wrote... WASN'T FUCKING USED ANYWHERE BUT WAS REFERENCED EVERYFUCKINGWHERE.

Now I look like a dick for saying XYZ needs to be done, when most of it doesn't... But it means I'll have the project done in half the time.

Got some mental consultation work coming up too, which I'm not looking forward to. A pint to whoever can teach me UAG/TMG in a day.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bought a new toilet roll spindle. It doesn't get much more exciting than that.
Went out for a Vietnamese meal

Drank a bottle of Budweiser. Tasted nasty. Why is it called the King of Beers FFS? A Bottle of Domestos would go down better TBFH.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Spent half the morning still sleeping after an epic 4 hour run of wins on MW3 last night. Currently playing with my daughter and later I shall be going out with the matezors to get absolutely smashed.

Nate

FH is my second home
I cut the rope for the light and the shower so it was shorter! YEAH!

images

Starman

Part of the furniture
I got called to change a service head that took me about 30mins and got 4 hours money plus retainer. Yay exciting Saturday thus far o_O

Ono

Part of the furniture
I just made a banana cake with choc chips with no recipe and currently about to settle down for MiB3.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I had a shave, my face hair grows faster than my head hair now :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got some continuing customer work (Dynamic CRM 4 on-prem to Dynamics CRM 2011 Online - long story - , with absolutely nothing but the entities and data being actually supported) which has caused mental issues with reporting. The original developer spent ages writing them, and writing them badly. Everything they did was unsupported, to the point I've had to give an estimated X days of extra work to fix it. They signed to it. Now... After doing a metric tonne of query rewriting (isn't FetchXML fun?!) I've realised I'm going to need a lot less than X days because 95% of the stuff they actually wrote... WASN'T FUCKING USED ANYWHERE BUT WAS REFERENCED EVERYFUCKINGWHERE.

Now I look like a dick for saying XYZ needs to be done, when most of it doesn't... But it means I'll have the project done in half the time.

Got some mental consultation work coming up too, which I'm not looking forward to. A pint to whoever can teach me UAG/TMG in a day.

Dynamics is a pile of shit. Welcome to my world :p

Our developers originally told me to do all the reporting in a program called Atlas which is a MS office plug in. The problem is that I now have more reporting knowledge than our new developers who have absolutely no idea about it and who don't support Atlas. Funnily enough they are rewriting out CRM structure at the moment.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Dynamics is a pile of shit. Welcome to my world :p

Our developers originally told me to do all the reporting in a program called Atlas which is a MS office plug in. The problem is that I now have more reporting knowledge than our new developers who have absolutely no idea about it and who don't support Atlas. Funnily enough they are rewriting out CRM structure at the moment.

I feel your pain.

I'm the only one at my company who knows how Dynamics actually works, combined with my awesome SharePoint skillz0rz I don't seem to have a day break. Being made to do my last SP exam in a few weeks for us to hit Gold on collaboration, which is nice. (Will be a MCITP, scary)

I'm now fully against any core modifications, regardless. Plugins etc are fine as they're supported, but the second something unsupported happens I know it's going to cause me issues, which I can't just throw at in-house developers... As we don't have any.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I went into Knutsford and watched the Tour of Britain come through (mobile phone image so no wisecracks)

7970968570_8b227d816b_b.jpg

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Today, I spent far too much time reading post match reports of my home ice hockey team and how the fuck they managed to lose to Edinburgh when they managed to beat Belfast who were last year's winners.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think i stole someone elses "good day dear". Woman sitting next to me on the bus, talking to hubby, BF, larva, anyway said "have a good day dear" and as it was my stop i said "Thanks, you too.".

opticle

Part of the furniture
Today I will be sitting 6 hours of exam I have under-prepared for. :(

But I did kill a lot of orcs. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I went into Knutsford and watched the Tour of Britain come through

Did the same but rode on my MTB from Bakewell to Morridge to watch 'em at the top of their route.

I'm doing fucking nothing today :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heard two weeks of work that we perfected is for nothing and we're "going a different direction". Had a smoke and a coffee. Amount of f*ck giving at this point is negligible.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Lifted weights, made breakfast and going to skii!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Think I may take the day off work & go see The Sweeney.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Think im going to go sit right behind Lamp and eat popcorn with my mouth open

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom