What game are you playing?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Currently enjoying PGA 2k23 on the PS4. I played 2k21 to death and 23 seems a decent upgrade - few more courses and club options, plus you can play against Tiger.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm trying to find any Tower Defence game that comes even close to Defense Grid: The Awakening.

Nothing even comes remotely close.

Dungeon Defenders Awakened is a good Tower Defence game... its not like Defense Grid but it is good in its own right. It's basically Tower Defence with RPG elements. It had a pretty piss poor launch but since the launch its come full circle, fantastic game you can piss hours of your life away on.

It's changed a lot since this trailer so don't take it at face value. Gives you a rough idea though.

View: https://youtu.be/RgJMmZFKaEE

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I played Orcs Must Die for that (shich was good) and Samctum. That's been on my radar.

But I want 3d isometric style action that doesn't tax anything other than anal brain :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I played Orcs Must Die for that (shich was good) and Samctum. That's been on my radar.

But I want 3d isometric style action that doesn't tax anything other than anal brain :)
Basically with Dungeon Defenders online you can have a 'party' of heroes (only one is ever active) so you can build a team of 5 or so to swap between for different roles, you can have your debuffer who puts auras down to hinder mob advance etc, tower dps (speaks for itself), waller if you want to use walls, a hero purely built to help the towers dps and/or one to buff the towers.

It's quite fun, right now it's £23, i'd honestly tell you to wait for a sale to pick it up for £10-15, I feel its worth that.

I'm a tower defence whore and I find myself playing Arcade Maps on Starcraft 2, Dungeon Defenders Awakened and Bloons TD 6 - all great games for Tower Defence whores :p

Bodhi

Have decided to branch out and have installed Doom Eternal. Enjoying all the shooting Demons in the face, less enamoured with all the jumping around.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Have decided to branch out and have installed Doom Eternal. Enjoying all the shooting Demons in the face, less enamoured with all the jumping around.
It's the jumping around that makes it for me. But I got bored with Eternal - preferred the first.

In fact, still prefer Q3 ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's the jumping around that makes it for me. But I got bored with Eternal - preferred the first.

In fact, still prefer Q3 ;)

I miss Q3 tbh.. it was truly flawless, still is to this day but no one plays it because they all want new shite that pushes new shite. I liked the simplicity of quake3; know the map, know power up timers and you win for the most part.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I thought Quake3 was merely OK. The original Unreal Tournament instagib was the most fun I ever had in a shooter.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I thought Quake3 was merely OK. The original Unreal Tournament instagib was the most fun I ever had in a shooter.

Instagib was fun but expanding beyond that, Q3 just did it right. Rewarded people for knowing maps/timers.

Bodhi

Quake 3's biggest problem is that it wasn't as good as Quake 2.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Quake 3's biggest problem is that it wasn't as good as Quake 2.

Meh, disagree and somewhat agree. I loved Q3, Q3 in general I was quite average at but the Quake 3 mod, Rocket Arena 3 I was ranked top 10 in the UK at /flex

I'd love to see Rocket Arena 3 style gameplay again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom