What game are you playing?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was going to wait for the Steam launch of Red Dead Redemption 2 anyway but it's disappointing how poor the port sounds. Not just crashes and "normal" launch issues but actual fundamental parts of the game seem to be poorly done - eg mouse and keyboard control apparently feels like a lash. Hopefully it's stuff they can address and fix before the Steam launch but I'll probably pass if not. Which would be a pity because I've been wanting to play it since RDR1 came out on consoles.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Back on Uthgard with my Chanter.

Im the only one who should be on these forums.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
These forums were around long before the DAOC mob rocked up.

Job

I used to post in the daoc forum and then the off topic and weve morphed a few times.

Cant remember where it all started.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Once upon a time there was a place called Barrysworld ....

Job

Yes I know it was Barrys..wasnt it sort of official for daoc

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yes I know it was Barrys..wasnt it sort of official for daoc
Barrys world was around long before daoc. Daoc had part of bw and was advertised that part as the official unofficial forums for eu daoc. Was lots of quake and cs and stuff before that on bw from what i understand.

i was a daoc heathen tho.

Job

Yeah..and I cant quite remember the steps from there to here.
It was off topic for a long time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Barrysworld had to become Freddyshouse because Game fucked everything up and wouldn't give up the BW IP iirc. @DaGaffer would know more.

georgie

FH is my second home
So was BW a subsidiary of Game?

I think I first became aware of BW when I was playing TFC. There we some BW servers and (I think) a BW league. I mostly floated around on the Demon servers (public ones) and played in UKTFCL and MORAT leagues. Then as @Moriath said they were kinda promoted as the (un)official Daoc forums, which is where I joined.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think Freddy was the name of the first quake server that deebs and ted the dog spun up. Then they ran BW, which got bought by Game, game folded it but wouldn't give 'em the name back - so moved forums to Freddyshouse.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No idea about Freddy but Barry the Sprout was a Robert Rankin character.

Job

So where did you lot start posting?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In Barrysworld. In the supreme General forum :)

Job

Its a bit hard to search back..but heres a post of mine from 2004....what forum would that have been in...it wasnt front room back then.

Went to buy SWG today, just to try it for a month

I am NOT repeat NOT going to start playing it, but here's the thing, GAME had none and WOULDN'T ORDER ONE FOR ME!!!
Nor would HMV, they might get some in but don't know when.

WTF is it with mmorpg's, they never have em, and arent interested in them, the shelves are packed with second rate shite ,and I come in with cash in hand and they send me packin

I'm awfully sorry I was under the impression selling things was your sole method of income, I must be mistaken.

WHY IS IT WHEN EVER I'M ASKING FOR ANY MMORPG STUFF OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH DAOC, THE SALES ASSISTANT TREATS ME LIKE I'M IN THE WRONG END OF TOWN LOOKING FOR THE LOST SCROLLS OF XANADU AND THAT IF I DON'T SCARPER SHORTLY I'LL GET DONE OVER BY THE LOCAL TRIAD GANG FOR ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!

Job

Ok, when we moved over we became old.xxxx

This was under old.job in 2003
Sweet just bought one of these to go to work, its a chinese copy of the original 60's Monkey bike.

Will look a total twat on the road......or maybe ubercool

Job

Ok...nov 26 2003 I made a 'joke' thread undr general discussion asking about Custer.
I moaned it got ruined by us moving to off topic.

Custer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom