What do YOU think we should get due to Prydwen's downtime?

What do you think we should get due to prydwen's downtime?

• Bonus EXP and RPs?

Votes: 72 25.4%
  • A free artifact and scroll set of our choice, for one character?

Votes: 101 35.7%
  • A Free Level/s?

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • Lots of free subscriptions?

Votes: 84 29.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
I was hot love as compensation! Sweet hot love!

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Dammit, won't let me edit that typo. So here's what it was meant to say:

"I want hot love as compensation! Sweet hot love!"

But I guess I can give you guys hot love instead. :)

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Tired of his whining

Well hes not the only one whinning, hard to win an argument like that, but feel free, not to read his post'... ;) im just annoyed, that out of a zillion spammers, zilda tells him to give it a rest, same as she/he did to you, and a few other guys in that Prydwen down post..

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Free game time would be a big drain from GoA pockets. One week is like 2 euros worth of subscription ? Multiply that for the number of accounts open - would be something like 50K-100K minimum, and we still don't know how long they will be down.

A game event would be unfair for those that won't be able to attend the hour and time.

Free xp or, worst, faster xp, would be useless for those of us that don't need a new alt. Same applies for rps, artis and any other in game object - if your alts are completely SC'd then you will just hoard rare artis.

I think the best choice would be to let the player decide. Give every prydwen alt an untradable in game item that can be converted, by an npc, in 30B xps if you are below 50, or 300K rps, a free ML, or free /level 10 on an arti if you are level 50. Before thinking it's too much, or that exca alts would benefit too much, stop for a minute and try to realize how many players we'll lose because of this, because they moved to USA servers or other games or other servers. Whatever is the compensation, better be good enough to at least win some back.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I kinda agree with you Yma, however, IF they're not going to compensate with free subscription time, they should give us some other candy to compensate. The server has been down for more than a week now, and despite the fact that this is just a game, it's still a very long time for this type of game. I like the idea of getting an item that can be converted into something else, however I think they should give us something really really nice to make up for the downtime.
I don't think it's anybodys fault that the server went down, but the responsibility still lies on GOA/Mythic because they're running the hardware, and as you say, they've most likely lost a bunch of paying customers over this incident, so the remaining should be given something extra nice.. imho :)

This is just my opinion, others may have different opinions, but this is what I think personally.

Perhaps something like either:
/level 50 x1
/realmrank 4 to 5 x1
/all arties /level 10 x1
Not sure about ml's.. would like to say /level ml10, but it's probably a bit much :D

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
I think a /level 50 is a bit much! How many people would reach 50 in 7 days? And this would be instant pretty much so minus all the boring (imo) xping.

What chance do you think there is of getting free artis/levels guys? You can say you would have "this" "this" and "this" but it's never certain. So they'll most likely give free days, that way you can spend the time you would have doing what you wanted to (If you can).

;)

Dorimor1

Banned
Nausilus^^ said:
Perhaps something like either:
/level 50 x1
/realmrank 4 to 5 x1
/all arties /level 10 x1

Somehow I don't think thats such a good idea, it would kill the whole point of the game, I could just get a sorc, ToA him up, get a couple of free RRs (MoC3 etc) and go out into RvR.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor1 said:
Somehow I don't think thats such a good idea, it would kill the whole point of the game, I could just get a sorc, ToA him up, get a couple of free RRs (MoC3 etc) and go out into RvR.

I meant either, not all of those suggestions.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
6 - dont want to offend Goa or they work cant complain, and i understand they want to test server BUT 700ish players testing server is faster.If they continuasly log/watch server shouldnt be a problem..... if there is something wrong they allways have backup.

I'm not having a go here, but thats really not going to work. Some people wouldn't read the news, they'd just login .. start going about their usual business - Sure theres a server message but thats easily missed .. everyone starts XPing, setting up groups and whatever.. and oh look, the server crashes, everyone gets pissed off and comes on FH to whine that Prydwen is down again.

They know how to test it, what to do.. I'm talking about the things players might not do regularly. Much less stress if they do it themselves, and i'm sure thats faster also as you can't rely on ingame players to test the servers working correctly.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
He probably means only one of the list, not all, and only on alts that were created before the shutdown. Being able to pick from different alternatives is the only way I see to make most happy. I agree it must be something extra nice as Nausilus says ... only the player can decide what's really nice, what's really nice for you could be useless to me ...

I think the amount should be something that could have been earned easily in one week. 30B xp is more or less what you need to ding 50 from 49, 300K rps is a week full of rvr, one or two MLs are easily doable in one week and same applies for an arti to level 10. After that, you would be probably just miss the fun - so, what about adding a title like I survived the Prydwen meltdown, and all I got was this lousy title :) ?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The prob with free subs is that many german and french do play pryd, but the majority dont, so unless GOA look at whos been active on pryd the last say month, all euro players could claim at some time they have had pryd toons and beg for their share of freebies. Too hard to seperate whos deserving IMO.

Something in game for free I like.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
first off all,.... blaim mythic once again, and not goa.

ok blaim em both :D

I would really like my subs to get the days I lost.. but that rather as standard.
But let them give a small bonus..
Like for every day that the server was down, that amount of days, we get like 150% rp and 125% xp.

I wasn't planning on getting artifacts anymore on hibernia.
I have enough lvl 50's on excalibur 2... but excalibur albion is really f*ked up.
I met some friends again wich I haven't seen in like 2 years... and I begged em to come hib prydwen ;), because I really disliked how excalibur is.( I hope hibernia is better)

Anyway's, I aint desperate like some people of you here are, my life aint depending of Dark age of camelot, nonetheless, I do want the servers be up soon because I do want to play my toons again with friends.

GoA will give the day's back... thats like 99% sure.
You're asking for a bonus..... doubt they will give it, I aint depending on it, and if they do... well it's a nice extra.

(Prydwen community for the win!!! i hope hib-excal is just like us;))

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Not an option included - but how about every mob drops randomly a gem and we can collect these and get "Gucci" stuff from a special Merchant, this could be exclusive to the server be good for all levels and all have a bit of fun doing it.

I am in the situation with my current main toon that I want to cap Leirvik - rp before I continue on to 50 - so free levels or extra Exp are not what I need, I know whatever they do not everyone is going to be happy - a tough call this one. Extra days will if given have to be given to all as they have stated no way of telling who is a Prydwen player. Above idea will suit prydwen players but is also open to other server players if they have a toon.

But definately some kind of event/treasure hunt that can run till clustering :)

Tbh I cannot see any easy solution to this one - goodluck to the GoA person that makes the final decision glad it's not me :)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Penguin said:
I'm not having a go here, but thats really not going to work. Some people wouldn't read the news, they'd just login .. start going about their usual business - Sure theres a server message but thats easily missed .. everyone starts XPing, setting up groups and whatever.. and oh look, the server crashes, everyone gets pissed off and comes on FH to whine that Prydwen is down again.

They know how to test it, what to do.. I'm talking about the things players might not do regularly. Much less stress if they do it themselves, and i'm sure thats faster also as you can't rely on ingame players to test the servers working correctly.

Easy just re-name the server PRYDWEN TEST - so no way ppl can miss it when they click on it :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Penguin said:
I think a /level 50 is a bit much! How many people would reach 50 in 7 days? And this would be instant pretty much so minus all the boring (imo) xping.

I'll be very close to having 2 level 50's done in the before the servers get up (depending on if they come up today or first after the weekend). :)

Ofcourse, that's necro+bot, so really doesn't count as real exp'ing due to easymode necro :)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
/level 50 - again how would this reward the Prydwenites - alot of the true hardcore Prydwen ppl I know have loads of 50s - and anyone with a few /level 20s on prydwen that have never been used cos they play another server would also get access to this :)

BTW not saying you are wrong, just playing Devils advocate - just imagine you are the person at GoA who has to decide what the compensation is :) a tough call glad it's not me :m00:

You can please some of the ppl, some of the time, but not all of the ppl all of the time.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
You can please some of the ppl, some of the time, but not all of the ppl all of the time.

That's why Yma's suggestion make sense. Give everyone a choise between a range of compensations. And once again, some of the suggested compensations:

- /level 50
- Full level on Artifacts on a toon.
- /masterlevel 10
- RealmPoints
- An artifact of your choise
- A full book of your choise

But, all these things are just theory and thoughts. One thing they have in common is, that they require coding. Something that takes time and resources. So... my guess is ,that GoA will pick a uniform reward, same for all, equally useless for all. :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say, just increase xp, rp, scrolldroprate by 500%, and decrease ArtiMob spawntime and difficulty by thesame amount for about 2 weeks.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I predict our "reward" will be something crap, that will cause uber whine on FH, you just know deep in your hearts this will be the case !

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
or they'll make a reward for everyone, it'll be bugged so they'll have to bring down the server again ;)

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Mauness said:
or they'll make a reward for everyone, it'll be bugged so they'll have to bring down the server again ;)

or free levels for those nice new chars you roled on excal, so that next time it wont anoy so much :p

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
That's why Yma's suggestion make sense. Give everyone a choise between a range of compensations. And once again, some of the suggested compensations:

- /level 50
- Full level on Artifacts on a toon.
- /masterlevel 10
- RealmPoints
- An artifact of your choise
- A full book of your choise

But, all these things are just theory and thoughts. One thing they have in common is, that they require coding. Something that takes time and resources. So... my guess is ,that GoA will pick a uniform reward, same for all, equally useless for all. :)

Aye nice idea - but dream on :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I'd say, just increase xp, rp, scrolldroprate by 500%, and decrease ArtiMob spawntime and difficulty by thesame amount for about 2 weeks.

Not a bad idea all that means is that when excalibur/prydwen gets clustered they can port to prydwen toa zones and farm away.

Your all forgetting about clustering and not factoring that in, any compensation will either be for all excalibur/prydwen players.

:m00:

soze

I am a FH squatter
1 Activated artifact per lvl 50 (no selling then)
5-10 free levels depending on Level
Some free realm points for all chars over 40
1 free masterlevel and 100% mlxp towards the next.

If i got that i would be happy :)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
prydwen needs some love anyway.. excal toons are higher lvl than pryd ones it seems.. well, for example on pryd/pala i was the 3rd on pryd, and would have been the 10th on excal... so every1 on pryd get free 20%-30% of the rp he collected so far, it will be a nice reward, and balancing the servers before clustering as well.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Well, they could make a sort of quest like they did in the recent past ...

Quest starting in the capital, like all important quests, where some scantly clad frostelf/elf/avalonian will recognize in you the signs of daoc deprivation and give you the Big Brutal Club of Punishment, 30 dps, 6.0 spd proccing haste ... After that you'll move to some special instance, with just one big mob ... mids could face, for example, a huge boss named Mackey that will broadcast stuff like WORKING AS INTENDED YOU OP THANE every time you hit it. The level 0 mob will have like 10-15K hps (punishment must take a bit to be satisfactory) and 0 af (big damage numbers ftw), you have to kick the shit out of him till the mob will /beg you to stop and offer any of those rewards (yes, you can click on [no mercy] and reduce him to fomorian status, should you do without your gift !). Or a Frior-mob sqweaking nonsenses about ToA and rvr ... the alternatives are unlimited !

Ruvinan MadeInDenmark

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
every1 on pryd get free 20%-30% of the rp he collected so far, it will be a nice reward, and balancing the servers before clustering as well.
Good one...

Or 1 Free RA + Full respec to all characters on prydwen imo, thats something allmost any1 can use.

Damn i miss my characters...... /cry

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
I predict our "reward" will be something crap, that will cause uber whine on FH, you just know deep in your hearts this will be the case !

I got a sneaky feeling it will be something like this:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom