What do YOU think we should get due to Prydwen's downtime?

What do you think we should get due to prydwen's downtime?

• Bonus EXP and RPs?

Votes: 72 25.4%
  • A free artifact and scroll set of our choice, for one character?

Votes: 101 35.7%
  • A Free Level/s?

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • Lots of free subscriptions?

Votes: 84 29.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
how about a free copy of darkness rising or half price :worthy:

:m00:
I would make it in a way, that you can get the expansion by doing a prydwen only quest :) But check the other thread for other ideas for compensation. If you can choose from some significant compensation OR sending its costs to some important charities at your option and in later case get an emblem cloak and have an event to show it, that can be good :)

yurithegreat

Banned
An event that lasts a few days where we can lvl any artifacts have dbl exp/rp/gold
Additional backpacks that can store extra items and known as a corrupt backpack :p
Free time as my BB account is due to run out any time and i haven`t had chance to use it other then lvl`ing my cleric up

Free trophies in every houses garden (a spike with GM`s heads and names on them)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Ok.

I find it so funny when people like you try to be one of the cool kids telling others to stop whining and stfu. I have barely written anything about server being down at all, I only stated I was about to lose patience thus I expect some compentsation in return from GoA, which as a matter of fact this thread is about.

Is it? I think this thread is as pointless as this reply.

Coldbeard said:
I also notice how you fail to see why some people that play on Prydwen many hours a day and got it as their homeserver are frustarted when it has been down for 1 week ? You are so blatantly naive thinking its just to play on another server and voila , no difference at all.. Guess what, playing lvl 50 rvr on pryd is not the same as leveling a /level 20 in second-hand equip on exca or some french/german server, not everyone are lucky to have alternative characters on another server they want to play.

Yes like me? I have 3 50's on prydwen, that's it! No 50's anywere else, this reply just shows you that can't play a game because you don't have your leetness of prydwen chars so you get bored. Yes I do, but I don't moan about it.

Coldbeard said:
Many people have been patient waiting but it shouldnt take this long to get server back, and tbh .. people have all the right to complain.

Yes, they do. But is this thread about complaining... no - it's about what people think they should get in return because ONE server is down and again they can't play there leet chars.

Coldbeard said:
I would also like to point out another stupid aspect of your post, what the FUCK do you know about other people here? Whom are you to judge what life people here got based on some forumposts ?

You Sir, are a first class idiot. The great immaturity in your post just shines right through.

And who are you to judge me? You are insulting me because I have judged a small majority of people whom have posted on this thread. And yet... You are judging me for making one post? Does that make you a first class idiot too ?

Coldbeard said:
Also, play another game? Sure I could do that, but I pay to play DAoC so I should be able to enjoy it. If I wanted to play WoW i'd play WoW instead, you get the picture ( Hopefully )

You pay to play DAoC and so you shall, there are other servers up why not play them........ Oooooooh right because all your leet chars are on pryd and on excal you have to go to the bottum of the ladder inorder to play it. Cry me a river. kkthxbye.

If you enjoy playing your chars on pryd because you can RvR on there but you can't on excal. Then why not make a char so you CAN RvR on excal?

Thanks.

IR in a bad mood, anyone got a cookie :(

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
i really think its funny how other peeps that dont have pryd as their main server or only server tell pryd players how they should behave etc.....

i hope it doesnt come to excal or any other server being down for this long...
but i wouldnt enter fh due to the major amount of posts, which may i add would be on exactly the same guide lines........

so, if prydwen isnt your main / only server... pls keep your opinions to yourselves.... you do not have a clue how and what peeps are feeling and going thru...

ye, its only a game... but it involves real peeps... so its more than a game.

to be FORCED to do something which you dont want to do because its the only alternative and you still have to pay for it sux ass mega style. would you see a car for sale at £17,000, pay for it then be told you have to have a banger for a couple of weeks while they fix the probs its got? no, you wouldnt buy it... period....

this as been an imperial fuck up, and i do dearly hope it doesnt happen to any other server ... honestly.

gonna stop posting / checking these posts... FH totally to be honest...
sick and tired of peeps that dont have a clue telling others to stfu etc.....

/ends tranmission
:m00:

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
like bowmaden said and a gm earlier on when the problem accured, they won't be giving free days due to the fact they have no way of knowing who play prydwen etc, and tbh i think the rp/xp boost sounds like a very good idea.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
I know most people would prefer an arti + scrolls but lets be honest, GoA aren't going to give us that, I'd expect something more realistic like free days or extra exp/rp.

A free GoV would do me :)

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
I think they should increase the size of the puppys summoned by the Whilst to size 600 or something.. and we can duel them! And increase their duration to 5hrs, and make the whilst summon other random animals like cats, budgys, snakes etc :D

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Scallers would be sexeh. However its never going to happen. It would be unfair to people who have already put in the time to level artis or below lvl 40.
I think 1x free scroll would be fairer...you can always sell it.

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
Dakkath said:
Has to be subs / play time...

Doesn't matter what special goodwill gift' GOA offer tbh as what ever you suggest just isn't really viable...

Free levels?
So people who only have lvl 50s get shafted here...

The could give say 10 billion points of exp to one char per account. This might jump a level 20 char to 40 or give you 5 bubs of exp at 49. A player with a level 50 could get an alt to 40. (not sure of the exact number that would have to be tuned.)

Bonus RPs?
How many? A gank grp player would have gotten somewhere in the 200k to 400k range. A low life leecher would probably have what, about 40k? So we could insta-ding everyone to RR5 or give some people less rps than they'd get in an evening... You could look at RP x lvl x RR I suppose but it's not great

They could also do a +100% rps for the following week (or whatever number of days the server is down).

Free Arti? Absolutely useless to anyone who isn't lvl 40ish (i'm sure that there are a few) or anyone who has completed their template.

An arti + scroll book is tradable. You could sell it. Also, I think even level 30-40 players would know at least one arti they plan to get.

Free plats? Destabilise the economy (as scred as it is) in seconds and probably lead to hyper-inflation on the ME.

Agreed, giving free money is pointless. It effectively is a bonus to people with low money and a penalty to those with lots of money, while just adding a fixed amount to all arti prices for a month after.

Free level 50? Ok so 80% of Hib would roll a Bainshee,80% of Mid would roll a warlock and Albs... OMG meights Scoutzors roxx... No one in their right mind could want this :(

Free level 40 might be more stable. 40-50 is most of the work ... in fact that's probably getting all the items.

New special item? Only useful if it's usuable in all circumstances but you can't give Pryd players some OP special item as it'll be deemed unfair on our Excal buddies when the merge comes (regardless of the fact that they now have an advantage as they can level and gain RRs while the Pryd guys stagnate)

I really can't see anything other than subs time working tbh.

It could also be a PVE item, but a custom item does seem like to much work.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
getting items or rp is kinda silly imo.. we lost play time we payed for so give us the time we missed for free, which we will get, that's only fair, stuff and exp/rp is just retarted... imo ofc!

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Achilles said:
Scallers would be sexeh. However its never going to happen. It would be unfair to people who have already put in the time to level artis or below lvl 40.
I think 1x free scroll would be fairer...you can always sell it.
Wouldn't everyone pick the same scroll.. which costs the most on the server... like GoV 3/3.. and then that'll instantly reduce the price of it from say 15p to just 3p?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
getting items or rp is kinda silly imo.. we lost play time we payed for so give us the time we missed for free, which we will get, that's only fair, stuff and exp/rp is just retarted... imo ofc!

If the server wasnt down, i would have got pheobus harp, gov and croc tears ring all lactivated by now :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Not likely that most of the players would have done a hard artifact in that time the server was down so I don't see why compensate with that.

RPs, exp or free levels is something realistic. Maybe a free level withing the current system each day or each two days and/or double the RPs for a period of 1-2 weeks or even longer.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Haggus said:
How about... erm... stfu and stop whineing cos you don't have a life so you expect free stuff cos you can't stroke your e-peen while playing DAoC. Get another game, FPS or WoW. Download the US version....... Stop being a beggers ffs.

as Tourch boy once said : Flame on !!!

P.S I hope they don't give anything because not ALL the servers are down etc. So it's not like you can't play DAoC at all.

Erm...

Sorry, but I think people have the right to expect to play within a window of opportunies they created for themself. You can't force anyone to play in Thidranki with an alt to get rolled by a FG or to level alts on servers you will never play on again and expect them to have fun.

It's not about begging, it's about trying to fix stuff that went bad and realistic reimbursement is a way to keep people happy and make them play the game again.

Let's face it, have not played for a week now, missed prolly 100-200k RPs on my Sorc, two levels and 2 MLs on my Armsman, some quests for items I'd have done (ANC and EHB) and so on and all that while still paying GoA for a service they don't provide.

Free days and a chance to catch up faster with leveling / earning (ML if possible) exp is something reasonable to ask for.

DirtyDiana

Fledgling Freddie
Not a pry player but imo it will be free subs, but it will be accross the board not just for pry which does seem a lil unfair but like they say, they cant determine who plays pry and who dont.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
Not likely that most of the players would have done a hard artifact in that time the server was down so I don't see why compensate with that.

RPs, exp or free levels is something realistic. Maybe a free level withing the current system each day or each two days and/or double the RPs for a period of 1-2 weeks or even longer.

I planned to have Danos booked for Rigante, shame server went down :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
I planned to have Danos booked for Rigante, shame server went down :(

Danos is a 10-15 minutes work with 2 dudes (one dual loging :p).

Now give the players the opportunity to get a free artifact and everyone goes beserk for Eriny's or so... Don't see the point in it. It has to be something that doesn't screw the market, so free plats should be a no go too.

Tilda

tallwiz said:
WTF?
/waves

Didn't you quit already?
Why not stop whining on the forums and go out side? Enjoy that fabled social life?
Really, seeing you post the same thing 2-3 times in every thread that appears is getting pretty borning now.

Secondly, the poll is pointless as theres no "i dont want compensation" and there are 1000x other different options.
The people demanding artifacts really need to get a grip on reality.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
Danos is a 10-15 minutes work with 2 dudes (one dual loging :p).

Exactly, got a few people queued up for it in Rigante :<

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Not a prydwen player either, but with the underpopulated realm feature - it would be a nice geasure to turn this on for ALL realms for one or two weeks - No one can say thats unfair as all 3 realms would benefi. It would also only affect prydwen players then - the ones would could really do with some fluff from GoA

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Arumos said:
like bowmaden said and a gm earlier on when the problem accured, they won't be giving free days due to the fact they have no way of knowing who play prydwen etc, and tbh i think the rp/xp boost sounds like a very good idea.

umm thats not exactly true.. main reason why they cant/wont give free days out is, because their service isnt down, only the prydwen server, and there is severel reasons why they cant give out free days.. it would take them really long, to find the "prydwen" player who was really affected by this brake down..

I think xalin mentioned something about xp boots... but we'll see.. I only want a server that works.. these things happens..

Tilda said:
Didn't you quit already?
Why not stop whining on the forums and go out side? Enjoy that fabled social life?
Really, seeing you post the same thing 2-3 times in every thread that appears is getting pretty borning now.

Secondly, the poll is pointless as theres no "i dont want compensation" and there are 1000x other different options.
The people demanding artifacts really need to get a grip on reality.

No offense but give him a rest.. I saw you warning people in the first prydwen down post for spamming, when xalin clearly had said, that he would make a new closed post, when he had some more information, and hes not exactly braking any CoC, and tbh.. all these post (spam if you want it) are pretty boring... he got a right to be mad, frustrated, angry.. if you red his post' (obviously you did 2-3 times) then you would understand him.. (which you clearly dont) hes got as much right to post (everyone here, have been doing, including myself, for the last 9 days, WE*RE BORED!) crap about the prydwen incident! and for that so called social life..

some of us, myself including, and Tallwiz, as I know him personally.. work shite loads of hours. the last thing I/we wanna do, after a long days work, is to go out on mingle with the commen people.. we wanna a game called daoc, on prydwen server, which we've been doing for a long time.. it could have been any other server.. but its PRYDWEN we play, its here we have our friends..

For me.. it has nothing to do with the money to do, the loss of xp, possible ml steps, (tho I say this a lot to me mates), I just think its damn annoying.. as prydwen its the only server I play.. :m00:

Anyway Tilda wasent anything personal.. but a little whine wont hurt nobody.. :worthy:

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Originally Posted by Ironfalcon: I think xalin mentioned something about xp boots..

hmm.. yet again my lovely english fails me.. :twak: what I went, that I think he mentioned something about so add + to xp for a x number of days..

Gamah

Banned
Ironfalcon said:
No offense but give him a rest..

I think Tallwiz should give it a rest, its like grand unspeakable act that prydwen is down for like a week. Tired of his whining, it doesn't do anything to improve the situation, and every post he makes he whines about the same recycled crap.

Going on about buying cars what the fuck? Heres a better one: You have already had the car 3 years, it brakes down and takes a week to be fix because it needs to have the petrol tank replaced..you have a replacement car while the work is done, would you go ranting like a madman because your garage needs to order in the part? Mind you I would not put it passed you. Tallwiz you talk enough shit to supply all the farms in England farms for a year.

I agree with Tilda heres my big "STFU" .. sure have a moan, but going on some blinding rampage because you can't play with your favorate toy is retarded and childish. If you go on about the money you have lost I will send you the £2.50 in the post for you to shut the hell up about it.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
downtime

ok this type of threads is all well knowed by everyone so ill be short:

Warning: ( this is my opinion )

1 - I agree that GOA dosent know wich player is a prydwen player

2 - No i dont think they will either give arti/free days to ppl for reasons previously explained

3 - yes i believe mythic (not GOA) should compensate players

4 - no there is no point QQ while we dont know what will be done

5 - I know ppl are bored and understand why ppl that only play Prydwen are upset

6 - dont want to offend Goa or they work cant complain, and i understand they want to test server BUT 700ish players testing server is faster.If they continuasly log/watch server shouldnt be a problem..... if there is something wrong they allways have backup.

Again this is just me expressing my opinion, and no its not a QQ

Best regards
Kinetic

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Set /freelevel to 1 day, for a as many days as the downtime lasted. This also gives some gold compensation, which increased exp gain does not.

Give a free week subs to all accounts that were loged into prydwen twice in the last month.

Set rp gains to double, for a as many days as the downtime lasted.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetic: Mythic has nothing to do with how GOA servers are run, and nothing to do with not spotting the database problem in time. GOA uses a different system for subscribtions, customer support (even some game commands are different for this), etc. run the software on different kind of hardware, they took this risk, if there are problems that happen only in EU they should compesate. Also the web site, and web based community support is different and it is one of the main sources of problems. No test server and no charcopy is another difference and problem (no chance to play with your 50s). Also a lack of some other alternatives can be mentioned: different types of servers, such as cooperative and classic servers can provide a 2nd home for people, a backup plan if something goes wrong in the main server. Providing such alternatives, marketing the game to make sure new players can visit them is again well within responsibility of goa. Even with current servers they had chances to manage the downtime problems better.

Ironfalcon: What most people don't understand, that a lot of people play the game because of the community, it is used to remain in touch with friends, help them about IRL problems. If DAoC is down, it hurts members of such communities even out of game. What can help with this? Either a test / temporary server, where you can have copiesof your characters and keep the community going even if you don't get rewards for it (often requested), or a working home for the community out of game. The other part of story is how the downtime is handled.

When GOA staff decided to split the games web site in 2 parts: A community and a main official site, they made a decision, but as I see, the core of the problem lies here. The community site as is, doesn't help the community managers to communicate with the community, keep them informed, since that is the source of the main official news, it has been explained. But it means: The community home for the daoc player community isn't there. And other problems (loud sounds in flash, navigation related probelms, etc) make that site impractical for anything.

Your other guess about community home would be FH. Several people mentioned it would be better with a GOA hosted forum. Why? The reasoning is simple: We don't pay for FH so we shouldn't expect too much.
  • If you try to discuss things you get warned
  • Personal attacks (even from mods) are everyday event (against the rules)
  • Forum structure has its limits
  • Very few threads have actual discussion and no place for private discussions
  • Slow response to certain events
  • Moderation related concerns
If you try to answer posts and say with replies to other posts you post about 10 posts a day you get warned. Not to mention what Xalin said, also not to mention that it was probably far less than that for most people who got warnings. Imho it shows it isn't working to keep the community happy / content, and people from other servers, ex players, etc. can laugh flame. If you argue much about it, you get banned.

It isn't a comercial service, it isn't a company home page, you aren't a customer, you aren't a client. You can't remind mods to their responsibilities, and you can get banned quickly. And if you can get banned, you will have problems with signing up to raids, etc. And have nowhere to appeal. Yes, your in game potential lies in hand of people, who are staff of a "personal" home page for someone, so they don't have to answer you. If you feel the warning was quick and unjustified, and say they act quickly with powers, and look at some old sticky posts about cancelled raids and see delays there, you see why it isn't wise to pick up the fight. And even if mods decide they wouldn't do anything, you don't know that, so if you go by your feelings, that makes it hard to use FH as a community home.

If GOA would have a functional community website with forums, or would have a formal deal with any company, and they would be responsible for helping the community, we would probably have a sub forum for this prydwen down event, and maybe have a chance to be in contact with friends. It would reduce the stress.

Closing down similar threads and not groupiing them to a subforum, means everyone is forced into one thread, both to whine, vent the steam, etc. also when you read 30th whine post, you won't read the 31th fully, even if it has some news, you will just say: "same people whineing again" and you will follow the example you see from agressive posts.

Maybe with new rules, FH will evolve, maybe things will change, and even moderators have to learn how to run communities, web sites, etc. they have to learn how to use the new rules. But in its present state, FH wasn't enough to significantly help the community.

The secound failure that makes this problem worse besides the web page one is with the volunteer and E&E system. If excal, camlann, etc. community would try to help Prydwen people and offer some events that would help. Having /level and free gear on thid while others can have opted set isn't the best past time. But if some volunteers step up, and try to organize small events (ram race, low level raids, tours and exploring) also help starting groups, etc. that can make the problems far more endurable. If GOA would offer in game rewards for people who are willing to help with crisis management, and we would have less community problems it would be much better for all.

Lack of community home and lack of a working back up plan, and lack of visible support from communities of other servers are part of this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom