What do YOU think we should get due to Prydwen's downtime?

What do you think we should get due to prydwen's downtime?

• Bonus EXP and RPs?

Votes: 72 25.4%
  • A free artifact and scroll set of our choice, for one character?

Votes: 101 35.7%
  • A Free Level/s?

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • Lots of free subscriptions?

Votes: 84 29.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I'd say, just increase xp, rp, scrolldroprate by 500%, and decrease ArtiMob spawntime and difficulty by thesame amount for about 2 weeks.

Most likely with this you'll get some people camping certain artifacts 24/7 for when the bonus is gone, thus controlling the market for those artifacts. Would be nice, no doubt, but I think those who would really benifit from that are the pure pve players who have time to camp those artifacts all the time.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Most likely with this you'll get some people camping certain artifacts 24/7 for when the bonus is gone, thus controlling the market for those artifacts. Would be nice, no doubt, but I think those who would really benifit from that are the pure pve players who have time to camp those artifacts all the time.

Yep, increased arti spawntimers would only result in the same 2-3 farmers harvesting tons and tons of artifacts - it certainly wouldnt help the average player anyway.

Anyway, i think the compensation will be something that doesnt require alteration to the game code (think thats the last thing they want to do after this debacle), such as faster /freelevel, and increased exp/rp gain, since those are tools already there that they can easily control.

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
... so every1 on pryd get free 20%-30% of the rp he collected so far, it will be a nice reward, and balancing the servers before clustering as well.

If my fictive Midgard caster, with omg-you-can-still-nuke-me-root as cc, has RR2L0 then this would give me 30% of 7125 = 2137 rp ; total to 9262 pr and almost RR2L1

My fictive enemy RR7L0 enchanter, with 9sec pwn-ya-ass-stun, gets 30% of 1755250 = 526575 rp ; total to 2.281.825 rp and RR7L5+

Somehow I dont see the balance in that one, imo it is hard enough for non l33t players like me to get started in RvR, so please dont make it worse :D

How about this:

GOA could place a NPC in all 3 realms capital city where 1 char from each account could visit and choose between something like this:

1) A free /respec all for all chars on the account
2) Insta rr5 (if lvl 50)
3) A month free subscription for that account
4) Insta ML10
5) A free artifact of own choise, activated and insta level 10
6) If char is less or equal to lvl 24 you get lvl 44, RR2L0 and coins
7) If char is over or equal to lvl 25 you get lvl 50, RR3L0 and coins

Imo that would bring some love for just about everyone, exept those that choose to cancel subs ofc :)

Would love GOA if that ever happens!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Leahc said:
2) Insta rr5 (if lvl 50)
4) Insta ML10
!

is that serious? :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Leahc said:
How about this:

GOA could place a NPC in all 3 realms capital city where 1 char from each account could visit and choose between something like this:

2) Insta rr5 (if lvl 50)
4) Insta ML10

Your more likely to get this

1) a weeks free subs
2) increased XP
3) increased gold
4) increased MLxp
5) a weeks free subs
6) increased arti xp
7) two weeks free subs

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
Leahc said:
Nah, was just dreaming :) lol

Kinda like when you go to your boss and ask to get more money for your work. Always say way more than you expect so you dont get dissapointed when you get half of that ;)

But I am pretty sure there wouldnt be many whines if GOA did like that. Oh wait a sec, yes maybe from Excal ppl that want their server to crash for a week or two also ..

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Leahc said:
If my fictive Midgard caster, with omg-you-can-still-nuke-me-root as cc, has RR2L0 then this would give me 30% of 7125 = 2137 rp ; total to 9262 pr and almost RR2L1

My fictive enemy RR7L0 enchanter, with 9sec pwn-ya-ass-stun, gets 30% of 1755250 = 526575 rp ; total to 2.281.825 rp and RR7L5+

Somehow I dont see the balance in that one, imo it is hard enough for non l33t players like me to get started in RvR, so please dont make it worse :D

i see where you're coming from, but think about it. rr2 mid caster vs rr7-insta-stun-dd-dd-pwnzor hib caster is a lost battle anyway. that 30% of rp wouldnt matter much in that fight. on the other hand, you cant give out 200k rp insta to everyone because that would be rr1->rr3l5(or something like that), and to someone else that might not even result a simple realm level ding..
also in these weeks when the servers had been down, honestly, how much rp would have that rr2 mid farmed? 10k-15k? i bet a baseline stunner rr7 ae caster would have gained far far more..
this wouldnt involve coding changes either, and would make (almost) everyone happy..

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
i see where you're coming from, but think about it. rr2 mid caster vs rr7-insta-stun-dd-dd-pwnzor hib caster is a lost battle anyway...

True, lost battle indeed unless rr7 player is afk ;)

Righthandof said:
that 30% of rp wouldnt matter much in that fight. on the other hand, you cant give out 200k rp insta to everyone because that would be rr1->rr3l5(or something like that), and to someone else that might not even result a simple realm level ding....

Again true. But the fact that the RR1L0 got to RR3L5 wouldnt matter much to the players with high RR tho. Maybe he even would get more active in the frontiers and that is good .. or?

My point was just that it wouldnt bring much balance with +30% rps.
Going to be hard for GOA to find right compensation :) LOL

Righthandof said:
also in these weeks when the servers had been down, honestly, how much rp would have that rr2 mid farmed? 10k-15k? i bet a baseline stunner rr7 ae caster would have gained far far more..

Depends. What if the RR2 was running in a GG with 7 other RR7+ ppl all week?

I can understand your point also, it just isnt easy to balance so everybody gets something good :)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Leahc said:
I can understand your point also, it just isnt easy to balance so everybody gets something good :)

yes, my idea isnt a perfect solution either sadly..
i really wonder what the "big guys" will come up with tbh :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Leahc said:
2) Insta rr5 (if lvl 50)
4) Insta ML10

And for those of us who're above rr5 and fully toa'd? :p

yurithegreat

Banned
The ability to lvl to 51 (with cool titles for doing so)
Instant 10 extra RA points *outside the standard rr`s* so every character gets them even rr10`s
Bonus exp/rp so even lvl`s 50`s gain exp as 51 would be the new cap
Reduced ress timers for 51`s
No con loss for 51`s
No skill points for 51 but maybe increased drop rates??
PvE bonuses for hitting 51 (only works pve ofc and gives maybe a damage sheild or an instant heal every 20 mins??)
Free subs to make up for the days we lost due to problems

Lvl 51 would be something for all and wouldn`t unbalance the game as the bonuses would be for pve not rvr
Give the bonus exp for 50`s only (permanent) so it`s easier to lvl to 51 then it currently is
Be the only server that u could lvl to 51

aslos

Fledgling Freddie
hmm so it says about the compensation we will be getting on the official website, but not when prydwen will be back up?

Outlander

Part of the furniture
aslos said:
hmm so it says about the compensation we will be getting on the official website, but not when prydwen will be back up?

i read monday

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
yurithegreat said:
The ability to lvl to 51 (with cool titles for doing so)
Instant 10 extra RA points *outside the standard rr`s* so every character gets them even rr10`s
Bonus exp/rp so even lvl`s 50`s gain exp as 51 would be the new cap
Reduced ress timers for 51`s
No con loss for 51`s
No skill points for 51 but maybe increased drop rates??
PvE bonuses for hitting 51 (only works pve ofc and gives maybe a damage sheild or an instant heal every 20 mins??)
Free subs to make up for the days we lost due to problems

Lvl 51 would be something for all and wouldn`t unbalance the game as the bonuses would be for pve not rvr
Give the bonus exp for 50`s only (permanent) so it`s easier to lvl to 51 then it currently is
Be the only server that u could lvl to 51

I belive there's up to RR12, and you can gain xp beyond lvl 50 but with no gain :)

Anyways, this would massivly imbalance the game upon cluster :twak:

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Esselinithia said:
Kinetic: Mythic has nothing to do with how GOA servers are run, and nothing to do with not spotting the database problem in time. GOA uses a different system for subscribtions, customer support (even some game commands are different for this), etc. run the software on different kind of hardware, they took this risk, if there are problems that happen only in EU they should compesate. Also the web site, and web based community support is different and it is one of the main sources of problems. No test server and no charcopy is another difference and problem (no chance to play with your 50s). Also a lack of some other alternatives can be mentioned: different types of servers, such as cooperative and classic servers can provide a 2nd home for people, a backup plan if something goes wrong in the main server. Providing such alternatives, marketing the game to make sure new players can visit them is again well within responsibility of goa. Even with current servers they had chances to manage the downtime problems better.

Mythic>GOA in fact if you see the copyright you will see C 2001-2005 Mythic. since they are the owners its their responsability so its them that have to decide not GOA. I dont think they took any risk... IF they use any other software im sure it was approved by mythic and not downloaded from tucows/download.com and cracked by cracks.am. :touch:
As i said before as for the testserver charcopy etc etc etc....dont really think its GOA´s decision....then again what would i know....

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Mythic>GOA in fact if you see the copyright you will see C 2001-2005 Mythic. since they are the owners its their responsability so its them that have to decide not GOA. I dont think they took any risk... IF they use any other software im sure it was approved by mythic and not downloaded from tucows/download.com and cracked by cracks.am. :touch:
As i said before as for the testserver charcopy etc etc etc....dont really think its GOA´s decision....then again what would i know....
Wrong. The missing test server and server types are a decision by GOA.

GOA buys a licence to run the software, Mythic has not much say in how they run. GOA also pays for some modifications, and does other modificiations themself, and install the stuff in a platform that should be compatibile but needs a lot of further testing. It is also their decision. Mythic has no control over these decisions, so GOA are responsible for them, and their consequences.

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Close this thread imo, we've been told what we'll get as compensation. More than enough threads regarding prydwen being down anyway.

:/

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Or make a subforum for threads about this events, and delete subforum with all threads when the time period for compensations, etc. expire.

Tilda

Closing this now as Ogen wants to spam it, and its no longer relevant nor on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom