• Goa/Mythic

Votes: 80 38.6%
  • Your mom!

Votes: 32 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brad

Fledgling Freddie
so the server is down cause someone maybe rp farms his alt on another realm in some remote place? ok......................... seems it's impossible to have a reasonable conversation with you anyway. Maybe if you open your eyes one day, you will see.

Don't worry lasttime. Just give up with the roleplayers. :kissit:

Lethul

FH is my second home
What I feel is killing the server:

CM, ppl like them and especially D@n.dk.. They AC, zerg and add, which is the root of all evil in a game like this! It makes people leave the server which is atm our biggest problem

Isn't it quite strange that all "alive" servers have (ACing, Zergs and Adds)*10 compared to Dyvet?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Isn't it quite strange that all "alive" servers have (ACing, Zergs and Adds)*10 compared to Dyvet?

They also have *10 the population which results in a higher playerbase of fair players aswell. :) Hence, more fg vs fg zones are being arranged and such. :p

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Wheres the option for Doom mongers speaking their bile about a server they don`t even play on anymore putting off people who do? <cough> Raven , Kinag etc etc etc....

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
What I feel is killing the server:

CM, ppl like them and especially D@n.dk.. They AC, zerg and add, which is the root of all evil in a game like this! It makes people leave the server which is atm our biggest problem

OOh .. I thought the server was dead already when i entered DaoC.. for 1year +/- a few days ago ..

Shame on me .. /cry

Shadowss

Banned
Albion 11
Hibernia 0
Midgard 1

Lol made up of mids and hibs defiantly...

:kissit:

kk just voted hib heres why... *ahem*

1) Hibs QQ like bitches on FH
2) This causes a chain reaction.. where all the mids get jealous of all the attention the hibs are getting so they QQ on FH
3) Hibs start QQ'ing so much they forget what they are QQ'ing about...
4) Hibs Stop playing the game to prove to everyone else that there QQ'ing was for a point.. but it really wasnt coz hib is made up of 5 year old girls who love fairies.
5) Some Mids leave coz of this coz Mid love shagging Hibs and they both used to love to shove both there cocks in albions ass
6) Hibs go on a raging homosexual QQ
7) Some Albs and Mids go to Hib becoz they feel sorry for these raging homosexuals
8) thus lowering the population of these 2 realms
9) They gain the hib QQ mentality of 5 year old girls who love fairies and QQ on FH and then end up quitting to prove something they cant remember
10) Rinse and repeat

thats the history of the server

aika

Can't get enough of FH
how hibs can qq on FH, thought all FH was mids? or is it hibs now ? :)

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
only one thing killed the server, declining population, people would still be playing there now if there were enough players to make it worth it.

daoc is a game which was made for large scale battles and variety in the players you meet in rvr. its no fun to meet the same armsman, hero, sorc etc every time you make a run which is what dyvett has sadly become... a state of the "o its him/her again" its only until you play on a high populated server you realise why you started playing the game in the first place ;)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
inane ramblings from a twat

You have all the charisma of a pair of last years flip flops. Do us ALL a huge favour and fuck off from the game/fh. You know fa about the game or its mechanics, all you do is post farm and tbtfh you are shit at that too.

Go back to playing your banjo and "playing" with your dog. Just don't post anymore bullshit here please.

Shadowss

Banned
You have all the charisma of a pair of last years flip flops. Do us ALL a huge favour and fuck off from the game/fh. You know fa about the game or its mechanics, all you do is post farm and tbtfh you are shit at that too.

Go back to playing your banjo and "playing" with your dog. Just don't post anymore bullshit here please.

lol mate since when did game mechanics come into this discussion?

You challenging me to a nerd duel????

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Time killed the game , nothing more nothing less...

so i voted ur mom :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Lack of any fix for population inc now, anytime soon, or in fact ever on the basis of principle - iirc goa have said they will always be an exclusive english speaking server - means really the situation will only get worse.

Which puts peeps off rolling here, or bothering to invest time in toons on here or playing full stop when they know it's a dead end.

re: the whine threads. I doubt they have any effect on the server at all, but they aren't even funny or entertaining anymore, just 100% spam, crap. The quality of action on server is mirrored by quality of posts on forums.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Actually action did pick up for summer, from a low when there was almost nothing out. Just wonder after october when students go back from hols if we gonna go back to this.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Actually action did pick up for summer, from a low when there was almost nothing out. Just wonder after october when students go back from hols if we gonna go back to this.

Yup, i'm worried about that to. Traditional thought was that it goes quite over the summer and get more players in winter - Last year definately didnt support that theory, and the increase over the summer all but blew it out of the water.

So my hopes arnt high. If action continues on like lastnight (which I hope was just i blip because of no irvr and mids missing a relic) then I dont see any point in running a regular full group.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Unfortunately there is no option for the age of the game. People naturally tire of the same thing all the time and either hop servers or move onto pastures new. I agree that GOA/Mythic should have recognised there was a dwindling population sooner and taken steps to address matters.

Personally I see the best way forward is to allow char copy onto the US servers. This would attract a huge number of players back and swell already active servers.

I like many, was hoping that there would be a single EU server for all but it seems as tho this won't happen.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I like many, was hoping that there would be a single EU server for all but it seems as tho this won't happen.

I'm clearly against this because I truly believe that this would make this one server collapse. Salisbury was a healthy classic server and when it got clustered with the eng. one, the cluster broke down.
The reason behind this is the different attitude of different countries. Sure this sounds like generalisation, but there is something like a "server mentality". This has also to do with age and a lot of german players are a bit older for instance and from personal experience I can say that they don't like having to speak english to understand their groupmates.
I'm not talking about a fg or solo scene, as these only represent a very low percentage of the general server population, but I speak of the "standard player" (no offence meant) who goes out to kill stuff and that's it. You can say whatever you want, it's those people who keep a server alive, cause as long as they're there, you will find action at some place. The more of them you have, the more fg's will be built aswell and the more soloers you will find and this keeps the server active.

Now if you cluster different languages, some of these players will get upset, because they can't play as easily as before and they will swich to a new game. This starts the downward spiral cause of the balance I mentioned above.

The idea to charcopy to the US would be a much better thing, but unfortunately this would be rather hard for those who play on different EU servers. There would be more zergs at the beginning, that's quite sure, but then new fg's will form and the game will evolve again.

Advertising for eng. Servers now is definately impossible, because there is no playerbase to support new people. If you start as new player right now and manage to grind through some levels, you will face a lot of resistance because the remaining players have adapted to doing everything alone and don't really need anyone new for PvE. Lots of times on Avalon I've been asked by people if I can help for GoV and we did it with lots of players. On Dyvet I kinda manage to solo GoV, but duo is stress-free. Same goes for many PvE encounters ofc. Also, the amount of people willing to spare some time for new players is decreasing with the general server population aswell, simple math =)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Charcopy to the US servers would lead to an amusing community atleast. :p
Don't think i've EVER played another server that has so many people just mindlessly adding, zerging non stop. :p
I'd take it any day over Dyvet in it's current status tho.

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
population...delete the last 6 pages and givf minutes back of my wasted life time

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
One of the things that keep the US servers going is the ability to play all 3 realms, meaning a character from Hib, Mid and Alb. Some of you say thats cheating (its against Arthur's will meight!!!!11), but you cannot expect people to still play the SAME characters they leveled up at Pygmy goblins 5 years previously

i think you have to look at this from a slightly diff perspective.

let`s get away from the traditional GOA / mythic diversion.

i think there is the US population, large enough to support further reduction in players to keep player base on cluster playable.

there is the german population, same as US population

there is the french population, same as US population

there is the english population, dieing out !!!

there is the spanish population, dead server before it was even launched.

there is the italian population, even smaller population that the UK cluster, but they were never big anyway and seem to have suffered less than UK server from loosing players.

so, why is the UK cluster the one with MOST problems ?

i think :

a) it`s the first cluster to hit a certain critical level in number of players left where certain play styles become unrewarding and/or frustrating.

b) the call to go play US has always been much louder on uk than in germany or france. with EVERY expansion, there hase been a drain of players who went to `check out` the new stuff in US before it came out in Europe, and who kept on playing in the US. this is just a language issue that makes that more people from uk than from german or french server migrate to US.

c) pryd database crash had probably an impact on player numbers on pryd.

giving realms, adding and zerging the reason for less players doesn`t make sense to me, as they should impact EVERY server as much. not just the english server.

UK population was/is the lowest population of the `4` original populations and as a result, is the first population to really suffer from the games age.

my opinion ofc ;)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Lack of any fix for population inc now, anytime soon, or in fact ever on the basis of principle - iirc goa have said they will always be an exclusive english speaking server - means really the situation will only get worse.

i think GOA is under contractual obligation to keep at least 1 server in each of the 5 languages. so they can`t merge the italian, spanish or english servers with higher population but diff language servers.

i don`t know if the pvp server counts as and english server though for the purpose of having an english server left ;)

i don`t know if making a new english server called dyvet and scraping the excall and prydwin server, and giving everyone of those two servers a char transfer to dyvet + 1 other dif server of choise, is an option really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom