What do YOU really think about adding?

I think that 'adding'...

• ...generally makes the game more fun, I seek to do it whenever possible

Votes: 50 11.8%
  • ...generally makes the game more fun, though I would not add on people I knew didn't want me to

Votes: 66 15.5%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, but I add on most people unless I *know* they won't add on me

Votes: 33 7.8%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, but I will add as retaliation or as a preventative measure

Votes: 70 16.5%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, I never add on anyone unless I am certain they will add on me

Votes: 166 39.1%
  • ...is an axe being constantly ground by Slayn who is some dork with no life and his feet smell

Votes: 40 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marc

FH is my second home
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Yeah Marc, everyone who plays internet games are nerds? Right? :rolleyes:

Nope, just the ones who cry about it

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
And maybe some in group D had pancakes that morning and a few porridge, and suddenly just feel like adding that day:p?
I think a lot of people just do what they feel like in the spur of the moment. Also we made it pretty clear from the millions of discussions that everyone do add, if not on one alt on another, or if not on 90% on the other 10% that added on them in past. So..its all useless tbh. Not sure what the discussions about it will do more then work a frenzy up and a closed thread every time:p
over and out..

Gamah

Banned
Remem said:
so funny to see marc replies :) trying to look tough irl on an computer game internet forum :D little kid or?

He's a chav, what do you expect.

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
i dont like to add, and dont see the point... but that doesnt mean i cry if i get added on :p tbh often it can turn out to be a pretty exciting fight even tho you get adds... if you walk away as winner, you prolly had a blast, and if you lose.. well just /release and go back. stop acting like someone is wasting your precious time :) all these rules is killing the fun imo......

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Slayn said:

gets complex doesnt it :p

be so much easier if mythic just changed the rp system to: no rps off a target already in combat.

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
gets complex doesnt it :p

be so much easier if mythic just changed the rp system to: no rps off a target already in combat.

Sure it is complex. But don't you think that your solution simply creates ghost RvR? RvR depends on a lot of mediocre players to stand up and trying to get some realm points. That's what the optimised gg are farming. That's where your RR10 title comes from. If they are gone, RvR is gone.
This solution would simply make it near impossible for mediocre players to achieve ranks. No gratification = another game to play. Simple as that.

If I don't know explicitely my own realm's fighters, I add. Simple as that. There is no group by group fight in RvR. There are rules for this in CS and other such games where there is a levelled battlefield with "fair" chances. DAOC is not such a game.

It's just easier not to add than to put half your realm on the /ignore list.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
So atleast 93% of those who responded add. The only variation is the excuses used when they do it. :drink:

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
I add on everything since everything adds on me.But i play casters what can i xpect?

Nuklear

Fledgling Freddie
As people prob know I play my SB mostly now trying to get him some decent RR to compete with the high RR stealthers out there.

Normally Duo with a RR8 shadowblade from guild, and I do add duo, but also solo a lot.

Yer I have added on a few fights. helped a mid out in distress and he messaged me saying dont add etc etc he would rather dye (I now dont add on any of his fights or 1 vs 1 that I see, unless I see a duo or 3 vs 1 then I will add to try help the realm and even up the fight)

As for 40 odd percent on this poll not adding yer RIGHT last few days around Berk the alb caster s have not had asecond thaught about adding on fights, you there 2000 clicks from the bridge in the forest or near the other shore and zoom in come 4 cabbies / sorcs to life tap you to oblivion.

Or there you will be having a nice one on one or a duo fight and ohh who just shot me, ohh an arrow, ohh its Jimmythecout, ohh its Joshimitsu leeching from the tower, bank with there DI bots up :) Its fun fun fun.

I like to think I actually think about adding and make a decision in my mind about it and leave 1 vs 1 alone, but jesus these Alb casters just love there adding and there 100 Rpeees

Maybe strong QQ from me.

Ohh and for the Scouts and other retarded infils that seem to love uncovering u when a FG is about 10 clicks away congrats you so well skilled :)

I also see that Washington is getting a bit like Aim and need a zerg of 3-4 stealthers to actually kill something

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
griralith said:
41% (atm) claim they dont add.... yeah right :wanker:

tbh rather than being negative - and this is to all the whining people who like to scream hypocrits as well.

The problem with this poll is that it mixes general global statements with specific statements and so it is actually really hard to tell what people were responding to. The most popular option appears to be:

"...generally makes the game less fun, I never add on anyone unless I am certain they will add on me "

Did everyone who responded to that option only respond to the ..."I never add on anyone unless I am certain they will add on me"? What if they were responding to the first bit?

"...generally makes the game less fun"

You will find in most surveys that a mix of general global statement with a specific statements are often inconclusive becuse some people are more inclined to respond to the global element (i.e. me) rather than the specific. So for example I ticked that response because well I could agree with the "...generally makes the game less fun". The second bit I actually don't agree with.

;)

hrala

Fledgling Freddie
I try not to add .. with my ranger

but it takes me sometimes a few sec´s to line up a nice crit shot on some
target. and along comes a fg with bard speed or caster with like 2 sec casting speed and ganks my target.

by then the arrow is on its way and hits the target and i get moaned at for adding.. who added who.. any 1 can add on me when on melee cause
my ranger normally don´t stand a chance..

any 1 who pm´s me in game insulting me about adding goes on my ignore list and i´ll make sure i add on all there fights if im in range in future

anyway i ain´t got a macro for adding only assisting so if any 1 wants to solo and only solo goa should make it like so the player has like a small banner
or somit to put up so i can see he don´t want help.. getting moaned at for helping and then for not helping sux´s

living

Fledgling Freddie
Its a war, you fight to survive. If it was a duel between the three lands - each king could just duel and get done with it.

roleplay when you rvr - it rly helps :> Also prevent you from getting angry and pissed while playing a game :>

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Statistics are a funny thing. You can whip them into showing anything you want them to. :)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
How many people claiming that realm vs. realm war is the way this game is designed, & thus the way it should be played, actually play this game as it was designed?? Kudos to them if the actually roleplay their characters, but I'm guessing a large proportion of them don't.

This game has something for everyone: Seem people like if for the social aspect, some people like to PvE, some people like to craft (god help them). Some people like large scale warfare, some people like to solo, some people like to 8v8. The game caters for them all so for the love of god stop with the 'I'm right & you're wrong' attitude & let people make of this game what they will.

& for those that say I pay my subs I'll do what I want - you pay your road tax & you don't get to act like an idiot on the road. Being in a society gives you rights & responsibilites, like it or not this is a society - even if it's a virtual one.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Genedril said:
Kudos to them if the actually roleplay their characters, but I'm guessing a large proportion of them don't.
Irony is, 20yrs back or whatever when perhaps some of the peeps now playing this would be sat around in someones kitchen rolling dice in an old skool *roleplaying* game...

V little proper roleplaying was really done. Most of it was just the same stuff: toons competing vs each other for the best kit (even if they were supposed to be on the same side), endless nerdyness about game mechanics/rules, endless rows about nothing (any normal person gives a shit about).

Not got much to do with the thread, but always struck me when term roleplaying used alot of behaviour in the old roleplaying games prolly had more in common with leet behaviour here than anything else.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
Irony is, 20yrs back or whatever when perhaps some of the peeps now playing this would be sat around in someones kitchen rolling dice in an old skool *roleplaying* game...

V little proper roleplaying was really done. Most of it was just the same stuff: toons competing vs each other for the best kit (even if they were supposed to be on the same side), endless nerdyness about game mechanics/rules, endless rows about nothing (any normal person gives a shit about).

Not got much to do with the thread, but always struck me when term roleplaying used alot of behaviour in the old roleplaying games prolly had more in common with leet behaviour here than anything else.

Hmm, the roleplayers I knew were actually more serious about the roleplaying than the mechanics. Not that I used to play that much, was always fun to crash their nights in while p'd out of my head. I do remember that the GM's used to give more xp for roleplay than actually twating some mob. Maybe they were an enlightened few.

Maybe Mythic should stop advertising it as a MMORPG & say it's a 'could be massive (server dependant) Multiplayer Online hitting stuff game - with added optional whine boards'.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:

Thats not my experience how we played 20 years ago. We had great fun and sure it as some boosting on who got the best hits in and so on, other then that it was as it should be...some hardcore rolplaying...even had some friends using squeeky voices etc( to endless amusement even to this day:p). I think everyone that played rpg and started buying rpg pc games finally got to daoc and hoped it would be as close as you could get to a real rpg..at least i thought so at first when buying it. I was wrong obviously, but i still put a lot of thought into my characters with names, clothing(armor etc), and i guess thats my way of making it a little bit of rpg over it:)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
only idiots with a limeted imagination use the term roleplayer to put people down. funny thing is they think people actually care :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom