What do YOU really think about adding?

I think that 'adding'...

• ...generally makes the game more fun, I seek to do it whenever possible

Votes: 50 11.8%
  • ...generally makes the game more fun, though I would not add on people I knew didn't want me to

Votes: 66 15.5%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, but I add on most people unless I *know* they won't add on me

Votes: 33 7.8%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, but I will add as retaliation or as a preventative measure

Votes: 70 16.5%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, I never add on anyone unless I am certain they will add on me

Votes: 166 39.1%
  • ...is an axe being constantly ground by Slayn who is some dork with no life and his feet smell

Votes: 40 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
This is to question what you do the bulk of the time, so try to ignore hypotheticals like 'well if it's a relic raid I'd do this...' or 'if I saw a 3 vs 1 fight I'd do this...'. Instead, pick by your gut instincts, what you'd do all other things being equal.

This thread is not about deciding how people 'should' play. The way people 'should' play, for me, is the way they themselves want to play, so long as it doesn't break the CoC. Nevertheless, it is still interesting to see the actual principles by which people play the game, no?

I've never done a poll before and am confused and will probably mess this up. If I do, some mod assistance would be a lifesaver. ^^

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
If we are talking stealthers I'll add on any fg fight if I'm near it don't care if people like it or not rly if people really qq about it like what happened today I'll stay away but I play the game how I want to play the game stealthers always have added and always will people need to get over it. If its fg vs fg then it's up to the driver ofc.

Nosufer

Fledgling Freddie
Add on everything, because your gonna get zerged/stealth zerged anyway.

If i wanted a duelling game i would be playing a UO freeshard.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Voted "never add" cause I mostly only RvR with our fixed group and that option is what comes closest to our drivers policy. I don't agree with it thou.
On a day like y'day when we had only 2 clean fights within 3 hours and with stealthers pestering us like mad I'd gladly gang up with another opted group and clean the whole damn zone to vent some steam.

Gamah

Banned
Pio said:
If we are talking stealthers I'll add on any fg fight if I'm near it don't care if people like it or not rly if people really qq about it like what happened today I'll stay away but I play the game how I want to play the game stealthers always have added and always will people need to get over it. If its fg vs fg then it's up to the driver ofc.

AGreeked, I never used to add on fg fights..but being perma rolled by any rogmids and thier dogs is pissing me off, so now I add on all mid fg fights.

Other night..spotted by 3 hib groups..left alone (hibs <o/), every fucking mid group killed me, so fuck it why shouldn't I zerg back.

As for stealthers, I add on anyone who is a known zerger.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If I think you'll add on us - i'll zerg you.

Ofcourse, if ive just had a shit day then I tend to zerg people anyway (soz gotmagi :fluffle: )

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Other night..spotted by 3 hib groups..left alone (hibs <o/), every fucking mid group killed me, so fuck it why shouldn't I zerg back.
was yesterday intercepting albs otw to Behn,get 6 times rolled over from groups:mad: ---->one time a mini group let me kill a alb and left me alone.:)
Thats the ration in the game.....and not that what will come out of the poll tbh.

B

Betrayal

Voted 2), is part of the fun and of the RvR concept of the game, there will allways be a hand of players you know and wont attack them or interfere in their fight (unless they look like they need a hand as 2vs1 or alike) and they have a similar comportament towards you. The all thing that you ruin the game for others if you take part in a fight (being it small scale or large scale) doesnt sound right to me, of course can understand is annoying for the ones who get attacked, but is part of the game and it happens to all of us at some point because the number of realm helpers and defenders is much larger than the number of 1v1 2v2 8v8 *fair* fights claimers.
I can see that XXXXX doesnt understand what you say because you talk in a strange language, but when you do /no, /hug, /surrender and you still get wacked to bits because he (them) want to send you back to bindstone asap, you kind of feel like searching for the person on your terms to remind them (with an arrow or anything else at hand) that it can be both ways ^^ :>

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
such bullshit in the poll results :) a few people talking shit me thinks.

also, agree with the above poster, as far as i am concerned anything goes in Irvr, tried to play nice but plebs decided to ruin it, even some of the oh so skilled full groups have to zerg for RPs, so bollocks to the lot of them. playing ranger while we have iRVR and adding on anything i see, some great RPs so far :)

pip

Banned
I add on all in this thread+more:) and I vote for first option:flame:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
theres a lot of nice FG's running around that dont add.

I was rvring in alb bolg region most of yestaday evening and a lot of people were not adding.

It is honestly better than its ever been.

--------------

note sorry to see what has happened to apocalyse dudes. these used to be my favorite guild on server, now dwy has joined them with some other new faces they just become like synergy mark II with "hahah FU I dont give a shit attitude". shame.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Whining about adding is just BS.
Just another reason to ppl get mad at eachother.

Thanks to those whining it often happens ppl dont dare to
help eachother. Happens now and then when I fight that ppl
just stand watch me die. I take that very offending...

Aint we a team, realm that should work toghter?
All for one, one for all.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Agree with pip.

We made the test yesterday evening. We did NOT add on hibs+albs fighting. Hibs won, then zerged us, we were a 4 person group, at max bolt range.

Second test.
We undived near another hib/alb fight, and half the hibs turned on us before we could dive again and get away.

What is the point in not adding if you try not to, you get killed anyway. I twice then later killed enemy stealthers after they have won over a mid. (Only reason why i did not kill them before, was that i saw it too late to help the mid)

Again Agree with pip. "Can it Bleed - it can die" if you don't it will fire back on you and you get wasted instead.

in 4 years in RvR i have not been spared so why on earth should i turn to an unnatural behaviour on a battlefield.

Only time you should not fire on the enemy is if you see they outnumber, or have some advantage and you will get seen / wasted by them if you attack. Better to fight a bit later, from another angle or wait till re-inforcement comes.

Regards

Vonwar

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure what to vote here.

As a stealther i don't add on other 1on1's and i don't add on fg fights no matter what realm it is. However, i do add on adders adding :eek7: So if i see hibs, mids or albs fighting and someone from hib or mids adding i will attack the adders. This ofc always results in me getting the adder then getting killed by the fgs thogh.

In a fg situation i'm not sure. I've only been in pug groups but if we say we wont add we get added on no matter what, and if we start to add...Well that doesn't help the situation :)

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Adding can be be fun but it can also piss you off.

There will always be ppl who I will not try and add on but on other side of the coin, there will BE ppl I am more than happy to add on as their actions have justified it.

If I see someone who I know in trouble with say a 2v1/3v1 I'd certainly try and help even the odds

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Nul said:
Whining about adding is just BS.
Just another reason to ppl get mad at eachother.

Thanks to those whining it often happens ppl dont dare to
help eachother. Happens now and then when I fight that ppl
just stand watch me die. I take that very offending...

Aint we a team, realm that should work toghter?
All for one, one for all.

get a group

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Vonwar said:
Agree with pip.

We made the test yesterday evening. We did NOT add on hibs+albs fighting. Hibs won, then zerged us, we were a 4 person group, at max bolt range.

Second test.
We undived near another hib/alb fight, and half the hibs turned on us before we could dive again and get away.

What is the point in not adding if you try not to, you get killed anyway. I twice then later killed enemy stealthers after they have won over a mid. (Only reason why i did not kill them before, was that i saw it too late to help the mid)

Again Agree with pip. "Can it Bleed - it can die" if you don't it will fire back on you and you get wasted instead.

in 4 years in RvR i have not been spared so why on earth should i turn to an unnatural behaviour on a battlefield.

Only time you should not fire on the enemy is if you see they outnumber, or have some advantage and you will get seen / wasted by them if you attack. Better to fight a bit later, from another angle or wait till re-inforcement comes.

Regards

Vonwar

If u expect not to add for 3 times in your life and that erasing your reputation erm ^^

Gahn

Resident Freddy
xxManiacxx said:
get a group

A grip? :p

Dafft said:
Adding can be be fun but it can also piss you off.

There will always be ppl who I will not try and add on but on other side of the coin, there will BE ppl I am more than happy to add on as their actions have justified it.

If I see someone who I know in trouble with say a 2v1/3v1 I'd certainly try and help even the odds

Lately u duo with Jarvio against soloers so pls mkay?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
A grip? :p

Lately u duo with Jarvio against soloers so pls mkay?

just Jarvio ? what about Washington and the like ? :p

would love to "add" on more people, but usually that only results in even more hibs/albs popping up :x

Eyres

Banned
i think poll results here are quite useless and most zergers dont bother with the forums much, only a few have found there way here

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Gahn said:
If u expect not to add for 3 times in your life and that erasing your reputation erm ^^

Erm, I mean we were 4 -5 guys on ventrilo, in a group only yesterday, we got to discuss if it was worth adding or not, so only yesterday we made the NON adding test 3 times or so, with bad result, we died.

What i mean is the general picture from what i have seen in my time in DaoC, is that if you dont hit first, use your cover and movability you die. So for me not adding is not an issue, cause i have not seen anyone spare the life of any of my toons if i kept my hands or spells for myself and went the other way, if they have had any chance of hitting/dotting/nuking/mezzing or rooting they did, with the result of a /release command for me.

The times i have interfered i get away with it, either with the other mid dead if i interfear too late in the fight, or with the other mid alive if i see the fight soon enough. OK if i see a fellow realm mate, at for example 60% life and the enemy has 15% it is obvious that my realm mate will win and i dont interfear, and hope that the guy will not get steamrolled in 10 sek, by a FG.

Conclusion: I simply cannot see that it pays off in any way to let realm mates die, when what you see is that nobody and i mean nobody will spare your own life what so ever.

Regards

Vonwar

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:

it's not any different if you try that with a fresh char either.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Cylian said:
it's not any different if you try that with a fresh char either.

If you mean me ?

No difference if im in RvR with:
Runemaster,
Spiritmaster,
Bonedancer,
Thane,
Warrior,
Shadowblade,

Which are the prime chars i play. No difference in behavior. Quite funny actually with SB if i attack 1 other stealther he very often splits into 3 or more chars meaning he is not alone, and they of cause win, how fun is that.

Can you see the point? hope so.

Regards

Vonwar

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
hey, I agree with you Vonwar! :p

was referring to Gahn's comment that it happens due to "reputation", which just doesn't matter at all. What kind of "reputation" does a RR0, Epic geared char with less than a day /played have ?

Oh yes, "Easy RP"-reputation.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Eyres said:
i think poll results here are quite useless and most zergers dont bother with the forums much, only a few have found there way here

Yet the policy of the moderators is that threads which includes whining on adding is insta closed even though about 60% (currently, doubt it's gonna change much) of this forums users see's adding as a really bad thing and try to avoid adding, in the general terms which can be derived from the meaning of the second and third last options of the poll... Perhaps some add-whine to a certain degree at least, should be allowed, as the majority of this forums users do not like adding/getting adds, and therefore should be allowed to whine about it, especially when the adding was done by others who feel likewise.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Cylian said:
hey, I agree with you Vonwar! :p

was referring to Gahn's comment that it happens due to "reputation", which just doesn't matter at all. What kind of "reputation" does a RR0, Epic geared char with less than a day /played have ?

Oh yes, "Easy RP"-reputation.

I dunno tbh, ofc u can expect not to be zerged down or added upon by known ppl from other realms. So i dunno if Vonwar and his crew came across ppl who aren't keen to add or zerg u down or ppl who will add and zerg down everything they see in their path really ^^

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
well i think this "adding" discussion has gone a bit out of hand now on these forums. forums who really only represent some of the playerbase.

I respect all players here, everyone has the same right to play as everyone else who pays their subscription. but the game mechanics is clear, these are rvr servers. not co-op or pvp. of course noone has to be loyal to the "realm war" unless he wants to, but thats something many like here, and i think really something that is really constructive in this game, something that motivates people who plays. its a bit silly of course. the same way as with sports and different teams. but its fun. at least i think so.

if someone buys the game and make a not so great character just to play with now and then. he cant kill anything going solo in rvr. he just attack whatever he runs into, we all know that. well those players pay their subscription also. and they contribute with most of the rps we older and better equipped players get. we all have characters like that, but those have other names that is not as well known.

for me this is obvious, how can anyone not see this? there are also alot of different classes in this game and they function in different ways. offensive or defensive, some rely on suprise or ranged attacks. for me this is also very obvious and i cant understand why this is discussed at all really unless the discussion really is about something else outside the game, and i understand it is.

that was some of my thoughts, i wont discuss it more on these forums. im sure there will be 100 more threads like this one. but ill spend my time playing instead :)

/Narve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom