What do YOU really think about adding?

I think that 'adding'...

• ...generally makes the game more fun, I seek to do it whenever possible

Votes: 50 11.8%
  • ...generally makes the game more fun, though I would not add on people I knew didn't want me to

Votes: 66 15.5%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, but I add on most people unless I *know* they won't add on me

Votes: 33 7.8%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, but I will add as retaliation or as a preventative measure

Votes: 70 16.5%
  • ...generally makes the game less fun, I never add on anyone unless I am certain they will add on me

Votes: 166 39.1%
  • ...is an axe being constantly ground by Slayn who is some dork with no life and his feet smell

Votes: 40 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kivik

Part of the furniture
ebenezer said:
hehehe aint it just feckin smashing to have YET another something surrounding the adding subject. When i see the ones whining over and over again, i came to think of doctor phil the other day. he would say one thing to the whiners: Ok, so you whine. I have to ask you, hows it working for you:p?
Is the adding stopping? Do you feel a lot better?
If no to the questions, why arent you changing the behaviour?
Whiner: well...i fucking just have to do something to these retards zergers!! just gotta fucking whine..they trying to impose their style into my leet gaming for foxzorz!!
Phil: is it working for you:p?

hehe my point it, if the people around you wont change, you gotta make a change. cause no matter what you do its a free game and everyone do what they want. And thats just a feckin fact:)
over and out..

And YET again you come and feed the discussion with your replies, you are just the same! :)

As I've mentioned in other thread, you are the ones provoking us in-game, stop with that and you will see less whines :)

I understand your point exactly. But no, I'm not going to change because the majority idoesn't have the same playstyle as me. I just don't find it enjoyable to RvR that way.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
And YET again you come and feed the discussion with your replies, you are just the same! :)

As I've mentioned in other thread, you are the ones provoking us in-game, stop with that and you will see less whines :)

I understand your point exactly. But no, I'm not going to change because the majority idoesn't have the same playstyle as me. I just don't find it enjoyable to RvR that way.
hehe ur really tired of me replying arent you kiv:p
someone gotta put the counterweight right:)??
or else it would just be a long thread full of eternal whines:p
Also what i said shouldnt provoke you ingame...im on noones side. I usually just solo, but i hate people abusing others and will always defend the people that gets abused, i do that in rl and will do it here. thats just what im like, if you or anyone else feel provoked or threatened by that, then so be it:)
Also kiv the part about changing behaviour wasnt meant to say change playstyle:p was about changing behaviour towards others, cause that sure aint working for ye( if you are indeed abusing others, i have no clue if you do)

kivik

Part of the furniture
ebenezer said:
The most anoying part of it is that 90% of the people are scared little kids or scared grown men that wouldnt hurt a fly in rl, but thats just part of the whole inet thing.

Awesome prejudicing, what do you know about all these people? Nothing, nothing at all. I could tell you everything about me but it would be of no point and you/others wouldn't believe me. If you still think they are scared people, why is it annoying to let them express themselves for once?

While there are some total idiots there are also people of the other kind out there :fluffle:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
Awesome prejudicing, what do you know about all these people? Nothing, nothing at all. I could tell you everything about me but it would be of no point and you/others wouldn't believe me. If you still think they are scared people, why is it annoying to let them express themselves for once?

While there are some total idiots there are also people of the other kind out there :fluffle:
thats the last 10% kiv:p Also 90% wasnt meaning whole of daoc population, that was referring to people abusing others, and believe me i know some about those kinds of people, most of them are scared lil twats inside, cause the real men doesnt go down to that sad level.
and no...i dont think abusing others are expressing urself kiv hehe im sorry..but thats not the same thing. I dont even know we are discussing the same thing kiv. think you mean expressing themself here? well fine..go ahead for all i care..whine until the threads flow over and the mods get their palms sweaty from all the removing^^
But abusing others is never to express ones feeling:p thats a sad excuse for it in that case..

kivik

Part of the furniture
ebenezer said:
hehe ur really tired of me replying arent you kiv:p
someone gotta put the counterweight right:)??
or else it would just be a long thread full of eternal whines:p
Also what i said shouldnt provoke you ingame...im on noones side. I usually just solo, but i hate people abusing others and will always defend the people that gets abused, i do that in rl and will do it here. thats just what im like, if you or anyone else feel provoked or threatened by that, then so be it:)
Also kiv the part about changing behaviour wasnt meant to say change playstyle:p was about changing behaviour towards others, cause that sure aint working for ye( if you are indeed abusing others, i have no clue if you do)

Heh well we've still got to learn to understand eachother better :)

The provoking part wasn't aimed at you at all, but at those who are indeed provoking me! :)

Misunderstood about changing myself, you are correct also. But there are not many ways of behaviours that actually work, and it's usually easier to just abuse than having a long discussion wich is why many people have that behaviour. Sometimes it has worked to talk with my enemy about things (believe it or not but I actually got Kilsimba to spare me when running his zerg and fight me 1vs1! /respect Kilsimba) but that's it. Abusing someone is stupid, however it's easier and you feel better after doing it.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
Heh well we've still got to learn to understand eachother better :)

The provoking part wasn't aimed at you at all, but at those who are indeed provoking me! :)

Misunderstood about changing myself, you are correct also. But there are not many ways of behaviours that actually work, and it's usually easier to just abuse than having a long discussion wich is why many people have that behaviour. Sometimes it has worked to talk with my enemy about things (believe it or not but I actually got Kilsimba to spare me when running his zerg and fight me 1vs1! /respect Kilsimba) but that's it. Abusing someone is stupid, however it's easier and you feel better after doing it.

hehe:)

kivik

Part of the furniture
ebenezer said:
i dont think abusing others are expressing urself

I do! :)

It's a way to show you are very mad on the person you are abusing and an exhortation to stop provoking the person, or he will throw even more abuses. May it be stupid and childish but it is and expression :)

Oh and seems like it's just you and me here! :fluffle:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
I do! :)

It's a way to show you are very mad on the person you are abusing and an exhortation to stop provoking the person, or he will throw even more abuses. May it be stupid and childish but it is and expression :)

Oh and seems like it's just you and me here! :fluffle:

haha yeh we seem lonely indeed:p
And no kiv abusing might feel good for you cause ur letting out frustration. But anyone with a amatuer psychology degree will agree with me that abuse will never work to get ur point across. It might get someone to fear you( which is unlikely since its a game, but it might work in rl) But that will only make him either hate you or just stay away from you, and again staying away from you isnt an option since in game he will just get revenge on you for getting abused. so although you might think it works cause you feel god about expressing yourself, it wont change the adding point ur trying to make with the abuse:p But that might not be the reason you abuse after all..maybe you just wanna let some frustration out hehe...

kivik

Part of the furniture
ebenezer said:
haha yeh we seem lonely indeed:p
And no kiv abusing might feel good for you cause ur letting out frustration. But anyone with a amatuer psychology degree will agree with me that abuse will never work to get ur point across. It might get someone to fear you( which is unlikely since its a game, but it might work in rl) But that will only make him either hate you or just stay away from you, and again staying away from you isnt an option since in game he will just get revenge on you for getting abused. so although you might think it works cause you feel god about expressing yourself, it wont change the adding point ur trying to make with the abuse:p But that might not be the reason you abuse after all..maybe you just wanna let some frustration out hehe...

Spot on :)

I know it's an unsmart and childish way to behave. But I can understand why people choose this way, you just have to accept it. They will only stop when they have no need to abuse. Wich is when people stop zerging/adding, but that will never stop, unfortunately. It's a vicous circle :)

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
Anybody notice me adding? If not i can carry on doing that ^^...I use to like solo fights with my champ etc, but guess what i got added so much that I'm a adder myself now with ranger blackchaoz ^^

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
voted not adding because i'd always tell my grps not to add and in case we do and i feel really bad about it i play defensively (not much of a comfort to those that get added on tho)

pip

Banned
Blackchaos said:
Anybody notice me adding? If not i can carry on doing that ^^...I use to like solo fights with my champ etc, but guess what i got added so much that I'm a adder myself now with ranger blackchaoz ^^
Yes mate can't bend over do my shoe/lase without your arrows in my butt:twak: anyway welcome to the real game:)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
you're missing one option:

...is some thing that has been discussed 3 million times and doesn't need any further polls/thread/mentions/qq/whine/etc.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
you're missing one option:

...is some thing that has been discussed 3 million times and doesn't need any further polls/thread/mentions/qq/whine/etc.

agreed it leads nowehere and adding is part of the game:) no matter what we think/feel about it

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
so funny to see marc replies :) trying to look tough irl on an computer game internet forum :D little kid or?

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
ADD? on what? How u refairing to add when u playing on a game with epic battles? maybe u playing the wrong game? search for it personally i wouldnt add an fg that didnt add back but still all is so fucked up that i add on everything this days....

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Voted adding as retaliation or as preemptive measure, but I really think they should be two different poll options, as I only do it in retaliation. Why? Cuz justice feels good.

X

xGenocidex

Personally here.. i really couldn't care less about adding... main reason.. we're at war with 2 other realms and the little kiddies that whine generally come up with "Don't add noob i was winning" however when they are in trouble and you don't add its "Wtf did you just stand there for? you noob" so like erm.. there not happy either way.. thats just my thoughts on soloing! now my thoughts on FG vs FG - same as above its a war against 2 other realms theres no rules against and no one in this whole game can post on this forum and deny they've never done it... real wars you don't stand there going /wave or /rude you get the f**k in there and do your country proud :p my thoughts on it...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
ebenezer said:
agreed it leads nowehere and adding is part of the game:) no matter what we think/feel about it

so well spoken m8 =)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Generally don't, but otherwise operate on sound Old Testament principles when it comes to getting even.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
When solo it's 100% add on stealthers for me, no matter who it is, no matter what guild he is in, no matter how many RPs he has and no matter how many people he is already fighting as I couldn't care less.
From the visable people I only add on Warlocks, BD's and other lame classes but then again you will probably not find many of them solo anyway.

When playing in a group it's the drivers decision although my finger might slip sometimes when I see a stealther fight :(

Labello

Fledgling Freddie
I usualy don't add in a 1v1 and 2v2 fight, but i am not perfect :)
I usualy add on a zerg vs zerg tho (if it count's)

I almost always kill all caster, casters have being stealthers worst enemies from way back, they have always added on us.
But sometimes you meet friendly casters, then i just try not to kill him.
but who the fuck remember all the names :D

And yeah, Stealthers shoud kill casters togather, even if they are from another realm. Or atleast try not to help casters.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
wheres the '...generally makes the game less fun, i dont add on ppl who dont add on me but accidents do happen and sometimes after being added or zerged down for the ~15th time that night my morals start dissolving and if its a pickup grp when half the grp adds i have to add too' option? :(

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
oh and the '...generally makes the game less fun, so I seek to add whenever possible' applies to a certain percentage that one ;)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
such bullshit in the poll results :) a few people talking shit me thinks.

also, agree with the above poster, as far as i am concerned anything goes in Irvr, tried to play nice but plebs decided to ruin it, even some of the oh so skilled full groups have to zerg for RPs, so bollocks to the lot of them. playing ranger while we have iRVR and adding on anything i see, some great RPs so far :)

What he said.

If 40% of fights i had i didn't get added on, I would be VERY pleased.

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Infanity said:
What he said.

If 40% of fights i had i didn't get added on, I would be VERY pleased.

Well. As always with statistics, what they tell you isn't always that obvious.

For example, say there are three people seeing each of your fights... then the odds of *no one* adding, is 0.4*0.4*0.4 = 0.064. i.e. only 1 in 15 fights will end up add-less.

So there's a difference between the statistics lying, and you minsinterpreting them.

Another thing the statistics won't tell you is how the adders are distributed. For example, say you're soloing emain and you know for a *fact* that 50% of people add. There are 16 enemies in the zone. That means that 50% of people passing you will add? Wrong. What if the 50% adders happened to be a guild group running together, and the other enemies were solo'ers who never add. Then you'd get adds much less than 50% of the time. Equally, if there was a fg operating non-add policy, but all the rest were solo stealthers who insta-add, then you'd get added on far more than 50% of the time.

The statistics above are useful. But as is normal you can't expect, on the face of the statistics alone, to learn the whole story. To discover that your own brainpower is required, unfortunately. ^^

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
The interesting thing for me is to look at how the different criteria here interact, so:

Group A - add no matter what
Group B - add, for most intents and purposes, though potentially would not if asked politely
Group C - add, unless another group have proven they won't add on them
Group D - add only as retaliation
Group E - never add, except vs perma-adders

I think you learn a lot if you apply these settings to different imaginary situations.

For example, say Groups C and D are meeting eachother for the first time ever; the settings dictate that C will add on D but D won't add on C. However, if C adds on D, then D will remember this and always add on C on future occasions. Even if D doesn't add on C at first, and C realises, there is every chance that C will accidentally add on D at some time in the future, due to its more aggressive policy. And once this happens, it will be an uphill battle to stop both groups perma-adding eachother all the time. Yet these are both groups who believe that adding makes the game less fun.

If Group C and D had been able to 'advertise' their policies to eachother ahead of any fighting, by communication or some way of visibly identifying themselves, maybe something different would happen.

Overall, it's hard to figure out how exactly the interplay will work, but I think it would go something as follows:

Group A - will add on Groups A, B, C, D, E 100% of the time.
Group B - will add on Groups A, B, C, D 100% of the time, and Group E 100% of the time unless there is some reliable way of communicating/identifying themselves.
Group C - will add on Groups A, B, C 100% of the time, Group D probably very close to 100% of the time, Group E maybe not 100% of the time but certainly will add sometimes.
Group D - will add on Groups A, B, 100% of the time as retaliation. Group C probably close to 100% of the time because of Group C's initial aggression. Other Group D's probably more rarely. Group E (hopefully) never.
Group E - * Probably never add (fg at least).

*I'm not certain here. I know myself although in theory I will add on groups that perma-add, I don't end up doing so because a) I still won't do it if the perma-adders are fighting non-perma-adders, and b) Often when passing by a fight I don't allow group to get close enough to even see who both parties are, so even if it was two groups who perma-add, we'd probably end up leaving them to their fight. I think in practice Group E never add on any fg fights, but will gank solo'ers/duo'ers who they recognise or perhaps just suspect as adders.

Marc

FH is my second home
kirennia said:
Seriously, everytime I see that 'joke' I contemplate ripping my eyes out with a rusty spoon. Please make it stop :(

Dont let me stop you, i would pay good money to see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom