Music What are you listening to right now?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
There's nothing to get. Sure, it's hard to play but that doesn't mean it's musically good. It just helps isolate retards out of places where you might encouter them, which is a good thing IMO.
Sweet, need MOAR music like this then to keep Wazzer away from us :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Lots and lots and lots of Olafur Arnalds. Saw him again last night and it's just silly how amazing his music is. You cannot afford to miss him, he's astonashing.

Currently listening to this:
‪Ólafur Arnalds - 3055 Official Music Video‬‏ - YouTube

From February when I saw him at the Tabernacle (unfortunately last night there was a technical hitch which meant we didn't get the lighting effect: it works a lot better in person too. Plus it would have been nice as I was in a much better position and it was at Southbank so the acoustics were perfect. (not my video)):
‪Ólafur Arnalds `Brodstjór` Live at the Tabernacle, London February 7, 2011‬‏ - YouTube

Couple of photos from last night (not mine):
Ólafur Arnalds concert at Queen Elizabeth Hall, London on 19th July 2011

Himse

FH is my second home
Turned it off after 4 seconds, not to my taste :).

I love metal, I love rock, but never got my head around my head around vomit-down-the-mic at 180 bpm.

Thanks :D BTW if you would have listened on there is singing, and that's one of our pacier songs, we're definitely not death metal!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Turned it off after 4 seconds, not to my taste :).

I love metal, I love rock, but never got my head around my head around vomit-down-the-mic at 180 bpm.

Totally agree!
There is a band in Sweden called Ghost, which have the usuall lyrics about lucifer etc. But they actually _SING_, it is amazing hiw much more listenable it is :)

(okay they are a bit further away from this music)

‪Ghost - Elizabeth‬‏ - YouTube

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Lots and lots and lots of Olafur Arnalds. Saw him again last night and it's just silly how amazing his music is. You cannot afford to miss him, he's astonashing.

From February when I saw him at the Tabernacle (unfortunately last night there was a technical hitch which meant we didn't get the lighting effect: it works a lot better in person too. Plus it would have been nice as I was in a much better position and it was at Southbank so the acoustics were perfect. (not my video)):
‪Ólafur Arnalds `Brodstjór` Live at the Tabernacle, London February 7, 2011‬‏ - YouTube

that is some lovely shit

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Totally agree!
There is a band in Sweden called Ghost, which have the usuall lyrics about lucifer etc. But they actually _SING_, it is amazing hiw much more listenable it is :)

(okay they are a bit further away from this music)

‪Ghost - Elizabeth‬‏ - YouTube

Ghost are brilliant! I love the whole thing they do with being anonymous and maintaining their stage act (or maybe it's real :eek: ) during interviews. I saw them at Hellfest this year and they were one of the highlights of the festival for me. They also played a beatles cover lol

There's a bunch of other newish bands doing a similar thing (at least musically) at the moment playing kinda retro heavy metal. E.g.

‪Enforcer - High Roller‬‏ - YouTube

I like crust punk and grind and stuff like that actually

pikeh

Resident Freddy

You managed to stay awake?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
In contrast to the speed metal posted by other Freddies, this is what I get up to. Just finished uploading this to YouTube a few moments ago and was checking that it sounded ok.

[youtubevid]07FDFrHG_EM[/youtubevid]

eksdee

FH is my second home
Also, thanks Big G and Himse for the nice comments about my band! :) The washing machine analogy made me giggle. We're really inspired by Minutemen's take on music, the whole idea of not repeating ideas and riffs and keeping everything fluid. Their moto was "we jam econo" and it's something we subscribe to in a lot of ways both on a musical and personal level.

‪The Minutemen - The Roar of the Masses Could be Farts (Live)‬‏ - YouTube

‪The Minutemen - We Jam Econo Trailer‬‏ - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom