Music What are you listening to right now?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Work playlist so far today: Manitoba & The Weeknd. Jens Lekman or Craft Spells next depending on how bad it gets!

eksdee

FH is my second home
The tightest live band I've ever seen bar none:

‪Ted Leo + The Pharmacists - Ativan Eyes (live) (2010-03-11)‬‏ - YouTube

and

‪Shellac - Steady As She Goes‬‏ - YouTube

Burn to Shine (the series this is from) is well worth checking out if you're at all into American underground rock music in the very broad sense. Some incredible bands on the series from Fugazi to Q And Not U to Shellac and beyond.

and

‪The Van Pelt | Bielefeld @ AJZ | Nov 26 1997‬‏ - YouTube

Got to see Chris Leo (the lead singer of Van Pelt) a few years back and it was absolutely incredible. I don't think I've ever heard a band sound as simple, stripped down and yet outright beautiful. Every song is a masterpiece. Their LPs are two of the finest I'll ever own.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Possibly the 'best' sounding 'rock' band of all time? Really can't fuck with the way Steve Albini produces bands. I could probably fill a whole thread with stuff he produced which I love.

Here's a lesser known one:

‪Nirvana - All Apologies [Steve Albini Mix]‬‏ - YouTube

Steve Albini's mix of In Utero actually got rejected. It was better (mostly) than what got released in my opinion. He did do a couple of weird things with one or two songs, but the overall sound was great. Just listen to those drums. Beautiful.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
"I Finally Found Someone" - Bryan Adams / Babs Streisand

embarrassed.gif

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Got the album the other week, have to say I prefer Kezia (prolly one of my favourite albums of all time though) over their newer stuff but its still proper good :)
Heh I must be the only Protest fan who doesn't think Kezia is their finest work, I much prefer Fortress :p Still love Scurrilous and Kezia though.

Himse

FH is my second home
Heh I must be the only Protest fan who doesn't think Kezia is their finest work, I much prefer Fortress :p Still love Scurrilous and Kezia though.

Not the only one!

I much prefer Fortress, I really don't like their new album, it's getting a bit crazy like Iwrestledabearonce or some shit. Heretic's and Killers was great on Kezia but that was about it for me!

*I know they are much more talented that IWABO!

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Not the only one!

I much prefer Fortress, I really don't like their new album, it's getting a bit crazy like Iwrestledabearonce or some shit. Heretic's and Killers was great on Kezia but that was about it for me!

*I know they are much more talented that IWABO!

I used to prefer fortress but I like Kezia more now. The new album isn't bad but it didn't really grab me at any point so I only listened to it a few times :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I think you're both crazy, I'm proper loving Scurrilous atm, the new direction they've taken is right up my street :D

pikeh

Resident Freddy
hmm yeah, fortress is amazing as well, but blindfolds aside on kezia!!! <3

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Aye there is, the one I posted is from Newcastle, the others from christ knows where :p I prefer ours like! :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
the theme music to Peppa Pig. lol

peppa-pig-thumb-240x285.jpg

My young neices are over :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom