what are the PL'ers going to do now

R

Ravenbourne

Just wondering, are we going to see a return of the old style of exping where people worked for their level 50's. where "i have 4 50's" actually ment something rather than "i have 4 50's and i sat on my arse at wewere's for 3 days" I heard a story of a bm that dinged 50 at fins who had never actually even bothered to set up any quick bars.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
Just wondering, are we going to see a return of the old style of exping where people worked for their level 50's. where "i have 4 50's" actually ment something rather than "i have 4 50's and i sat on my arse at wewere's for 3 days" I heard a story of a bm that dinged 50 at fins who had never actually even bothered to set up any quick bars.

why should we?

xp is a fucking drag, takes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too long.

i've leveled 3 lvl 50's the normal way(23d,10d, 7d /played), wtf shouldnt I be allowed to get a toon that I havent played till he was 50?

I dont WANT to spend 30mins trying to scrap a group together, get crap xp and get wipeouts yet AGAIN.

I dont wanna spend 15mins on a horse to get to a group that splits after first wipe etc etc etc

I dont wanna group with monkeys that cant play worth a crap and get us killed more often then not

lvl 50 means shit, just like rr5-6-7 etc (even if my highest isnt rr7 and so on)
I personally know I earned every single of my rps the hard way (almost atleast) not in some pre-set group playing 14hrs a day, and thats all that matters.

O

old.SOSAGES

i will miss having an insta grp with a chanter + healer and then letting who ever join ..

shame really but i will try and get my eld to 50 before its all over :)

O

old.Gillaien

I lvled both my 50s up the old fashioned way, I will lvl my hero the old fashioned way (except for the /level part) and the only exception I make is my buffbot

But since I PL him with my menta I don't care about any focus shield fixes ;)

I would like to see a comeback of real pve groups because I don't want to be duoing all the way to 50 once my hero gets a little higher :)

People from the old days without PL groups and even w/o using pb have a lot more playskill imo... I know everyone denies it, but I have played since the first day of open beta and it is just something I have seen in all the time since

Nowadays you can't trust anyone under RR5, and why? because to many of them, like you said, set their first QBs when they ding 50. Sad, innit? No, ofc most of you think different... well... I don't care

F

Faeldawn

Re: Re: what are the PL'ers going to do now

Originally posted by Arnor
why should we?

i've leveled 3 lvl 50's the normal way(23d,10d, 7d /played), wtf shouldnt I be allowed to get a toon that I havent played till he was 50?

Afraid im inclined to agree even though i have never been pl'd or pl'd another.

Lvling 1 50 the old way was reasonably fun as it was all new.

Lvling a second 50 was a drag for me, as i kept thinking i have done all the same crap before :/

Now lvling my BM, at 41 atm, and hating every second of the xp grind, if i had access to a chanter/drood bot combo i would pl him to 50 without a second thought.

Once focus shield gets nerfed people will find another way to pl alts, its inevitable.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Ravenbourne

Itll never be as hard as it was a year or so ago. No one knew what focus was, pl didnt actually work due to exp caps, the levels took more exp to make, no SI/DF for decent exp, no SC / Alchemy on your clothes.

Back to pb pl groups.

I

ilaya

HoF have a policy of NOT pl'ing 1st chars anyway.. since it breeds a better type of player who understands just what it takes to reach 50 the hard way.

the nerf is gonna effect our alts really.. but.. still think mana chanter+ mana ment is gonna own.. and providing i get my druid to 50 before that.. HoF dont have prob really.. so i can play mana ment when doing alt-pl ofc..

as far as i know.. focus is gonna be nerfed on the high level mobs.. ie high red-purple.. but theres other stuff out there.. go explore peeps.

i soloed 80-85% of my way to 50 with ilaya.. and so did Boni.. so dont dare whine at us ok about pl. we worked for everything we got. i just hope the up and coming hibs realise that a lvl 50 aint that easy to get (hence our policy) and we get better players.

in some ways the nerf is good (as above) and in some ways bad.. (further above).

hib used to exist on pb grps before we REALLY discovered focus.. we will still have the peeps.. only tanks cant go afk any more at fins :) hehe

good thing imo.. :)

i am waffling i know.. blame my doctor....

R

Ravenbourne

i must admit i am abusing focus on my chanter atm, leveling it with a druid and sometimes a guildie ment or bard. I understand why people pl their new alts but i will never accept pl, i grouped raven 1-50 and solo exped my ranger 1-50 both very rewarding in the end. The way i see it is when you get a pirate copy of a game. You pay £5.00 for it and think oh this isnt that good and not bother anymore, i mean whats £5. You buy a game for £40 play it for a bit and think, this isnt that good but instead of binning it you carry on, you paid good money for this. You then decide you ctually quite like it.
Question is, how many power leveled people who dont have existing level 50's or decent guilds can you see still being around in 6 months, very few imo

N

-Nuked-

someone pl my ns quickly plz b 4 its 2 late

O

oblivion_6

i personally loved the old way of xping

i took nik obli and pag all to 50 the fair way

with the exception of paga who grped with nik for end song but that doesnt count :p

if they got rid of focus grps then maybe it would benefit the realm as we would have people who would know their chars inside out which would help in rvr

T

Tyka

Without the PL'ing, Hib realm will be overal 10 times better without all these fucking newbies who roll a enchanter to get deathspam in emain + we dont have to be afraid that we might invite one of Eneqs 100 PL'd noobs into our groups wich he might one day turn against us because we did'nt play the game he wanted to.. lol

Anyways remove focus completely imo, it's for lazy and asocial people.

W

Whandall

I never thought id ever agree to you Tyka but i really do here in that case :clap:

O

old.SOSAGES

focus is also very boring but i spose people just get greedy/lazy why wait 1 hour for a grp and get crap exp when u can just go straight away and get excellent exp .. would be nice not to be pmed to get my chanter in to lvl a ranger / ns when the new patch is out

S

Solarius

Never mind the PLers, what are the Galla farmers going to do?

I suspect a way will be found, and tbh I'm not sure it'll be back to pb groups. Think about it, a typical pb group needs, as a minimum, 1pber 2-3 tanks and probably at least 2 healers and preferably mr and end. Thats not leaving much room for pl.

More likely the current focus group (chanter, druid and mr) will expand slightly to include a pber, since that would still leave 4-5 slots for pl (depending on if mr is in or out of the group). There are other options too, so don't be surprised if pb or tank groups don't suddenly become the norm again.

O

old.Nol

I've been powerlevelling my hero with my bard...been 6 months now and I am on 25...

I don't get this powerlevelling thing, it's not so good...

M

mars

considering it will take a shitload of time until 1.65/66 reaches EU why talk about this now zzz

S

shadybrack

I'll be glad when PL is nerfed it'll still b possible but im hoping the amount of times im asked for PL by friends and random lvl 5's will decrease a hell of alot. I hate PLing its soooo boring get offered 5p from random ppl 2 pl em but still don't do it, focus pulling for days isn't my idea of fun.

edit:: did it a lil last week but got bored :p

O

old.Laryssa

Originally posted by Tyka
Anyways remove focus completely imo, it's for lazy and asocial people.

but who would feck up the FE raids then?

T

Tyka

Originally posted by old.Laryssa
but who would feck up the FE raids then?

No one, only organised ppl IE VGN + the ppl they choose to invite will be able to do galla raids wich are not FFA.

And not as you see it now.. every random noob that have'nt got shit experience from the game.. all they know is how to pull from CM pit, and apparently that's all you need for galla raids.

O

old.Laryssa

Originally posted by Tyka
every random noob that have'nt got shit experience from the game.. all they know is how to pull from CM pit, and apparently that's all you need for galla raids.

that is what i preach since ages :(

classic > pl

O

old.chipper

cant wait for focus to get nerfed classes might balance out again and not 80% of the realm will roll druid bard chanter etc

ppl will be able to get grps, most classes will be needed again
sooner the better imo

people will actually get to know there chars again before hand instead of dinging 50 then taking a month to figure out how to effectively play there char in rvr

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Solarius
Never mind the PLers, what are the Galla farmers going to do?

Any half decent galla farmer is rolling in cash and drops already.

Oh, and menta hot still works, and seeing as you can take down galla mobs without using a single heal, nothing much will change. Probably wont be able to farm GSC or some of the larger bosses, thats all.

T

tomee

I got my first char a tank to lvl 50 the old fashion way of a real grp tanks holding aggro mages doing damage and it was fun.

My second char a NS i solo'd most of the way 50 apart from the odd TS raid and the odd old style grps i set up myself.

I did ask some chanters who were PL if i could join to save the bordom slog of solo etc was told sorry any more would reduce xp for char's being PL.

Role on the old style method as without your own personal chanters tanks have a hard time getting grps to lvl.

X

Xeanor

use mentalists and you can PL even better... :m00:

S

Sichama

There is no standard way to play a game and there is no such thing as a "right" way to do it.
Is PL wrong or right? no one can say...its not a matter of learning to play the game or your character, surprisingly or not you don't need a university degree to play DAoC it's really quite a simple game. Others learn fast others learn slow and others can't seem to get it at all, i have seen people from every group.

Is PvE or RvR most enjoyable? some enjoy one of them immensly others detest it and others like a balance.

One thing is sure though, every time something big changes in the game there will be also a change in the population of the game, easy leveling will bring in more people that are interested in the end game while slow leveling will brobably chase away most of them and bring in a group of people that enjoy the content of a game.

All in all its a game, and there are alot of people that play it for different reasons, generaly its good for a game to be able to satisfy as many people as it can but it is impossible to satisfy them all.

Personaly i started determined to live the game at its fullest, doing alot of quests, leveling the "right" way, which for a Nightshade meant 90% of the time solo etc. etc. but frankly DAoC is a very poor game content wise, i wouldn't do it again even if they paid me to, so for me it means that i would either be stuck to one character, or be able to level easier and faster than how i allready did it, if i didn't have the option i would play for as long as i enjoyed it and when i got tired of the specific class move to another game.

Hell even PL'ing other characters is like pulling out my fingernails, if i had an option never to hit again a mob once, and could level my characters through RvR i would consider DAoC the work of a genious and never abandoned it, but thats just me....

R

rose

Blah blah blah pl whine whine whine.

I dont give a s**t im pl my NS to 50, I have done the hard slog since open beta.

XPin is boring etc. PL works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread