What AF and HP are you heavy tanks packing nowadays?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
assassin can compete vs those but in straight up melee they will have a big advantage against archer classes / minstrel really

it's nice they nerfed malice because now there is no reason whatsoever to keep it equipped rather then reapply poison. viper3 + making sure enervating and lifebane are always applied will really win fights vs visuals. add the fact all assasins with every spec will now have some form of after evade stun = perfect way to make people purge before putting dotmine down. allthough dots are slowly losing its value with everyone constantly gaining shitloads of hp

i just wish they would remove IP, hands down the most useless RA 1v1.

and yes, there is too much retardmode. melee classes nowadays use way more spells then melee styles, most of them insta. :rolleyes:

characters got too strong and players got 'too good', might be a fairly elitist comment but without cannonfodder the game is less fun. having incredibly hard fights one after the other is good for the challenge/sport factor (atleast in 8v8s, 1v1 is too much about luck) but not for the relaxation/fun factor

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
A good start would be to nerf insta HoTs(put a 2 sec cast on it, make it interruptable and not castable on the move) and fumble debuffs, imo.
Those spells don't do too much in group fights, but are extremely OPed in solo RvR. At least the insta HoTs.

Something's wrong when the healing hybrids, like friars, valks and wardens, are some of the best solo melee chars.

It doesn't matter if a tank has 3500 hits as long as my valk can cast HoT over and over and over again. I'll just put on a power myth and a shield with a 20% power heal reactive. :\

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
"I'm Manish, with a C dammit! I destroy rr10 heavy tanks all day long on my rr4 infil"

Fucking unlikely, but please do tell us more about this business!

At least I am not an idiot playing an Armsman on a classic server trying to troll a discussion Infi vs. Hero on a ToA-server.

Clueless fuck ;).

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
Valkyn warrior cl 10 - HP 3038 AF 680

How do u get so high AF? Spec AF dont work on me. I can get +50 AF in temp, and +75 from charges, giving a max of 805.

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
got 711af and around 3100hps at cl7, i think.. add a nice capped afspeccbuff and i dont really know what i'd land on

MegaMaejter

Banned
At least I am not an idiot playing an Armsman on a classic server trying to troll a discussion Infi vs. Hero on a ToA-server.

Clueless fuck ;).

Trolling or not I base my claims from playing a close to rr8 minstrel, rr8 ns and a rr6 ranger and was latest active in 1.85; and I know a rr4 infil claiming to be killing high rr heavy tanks all day long is an obsessive liar.

Perhaps you base your claims from fighting lvl 45 tanks trying to exp in PoC or something, I mean you also claim to ebay daoc accs for sex wich is also unfucking likely, as I said an obsessive liar.

And calling ppl clueless tools for not buying your made up stories is quite rich to say the least.

And for claiming that you hit high rr heavy tanks for 500+ dmg a round with LWs ( fury + 20% passive magic resists ) and anytimers after leaper/harm abs debuff is also a lie since the cap dmg of garrote/achilles with 50+18 10/10/10 4.2 1h spd is not close to that.
But hey sure if your talking about the PvEing trash in PoC then I guess you got valid points, would love seeing you rape bradlex or Nux's thane for exampel.

Anything you would like to add Manisch?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Trolling or not I base my claims from playing a close to rr8 minstrel, rr8 ns and a rr6 ranger and was latest active in 1.85; and I know a rr4 infil claiming to be killing high rr heavy tanks all day long is an obsessive liar.

Perhaps you base your claims from fighting lvl 45 tanks trying to exp in PoC or something, I mean you also claim to ebay daoc accs for sex wich is also unfucking likely, as I said an obsessive liar.

And calling ppl clueless tools for not buying your made up stories is quite rich to say the least.

And for claiming that you hit high rr heavy tanks for 500+ dmg a round with LWs ( fury + 20% passive magic resists ) and anytimers after leaper/harm abs debuff is also a lie since the cap dmg of garrote/achilles with 50+18 10/10/10 4.2 1h spd is not close to that.
But hey sure if your talking about the PvEing trash in PoC then I guess you got valid points, would love seeing you rape bradlex or Nux's thane for exampel.

Anything you would like to add Manisch?

Yeah, you're still a clueless trolling fuck.

Opening fight vs RR7 Hero in my upcoming movie is exactly how it went. Fights versus other Heros (Hese and Kani) that were even higher RR had similar outcome.

Afair, ability/RA enhanced magical resists do not protect from LWs, at least Heretic RR5 doesn't and no Hero I fought used it, even if, switching to Slash MH ain't hard.

Garrote/Achilles has lower damage cap than Amy/Dia and Dual Shadows, some Infi tested it with thousands of swings and that one of the reasons why I went 50 DW/50 Slash. They have very good to hit bonus and land almost often.

It's much harder to fight a Champ/Warden/Valk/Thane than a Hero on an Infi (1.86).

My template has 400 hits, 101 con, 40 AF with LW out and I run with 150 ablative charge up and have SoM up often (so do my targets). With debuffed weapon skill, decreased attack speed a LW or S/S Hero had a hard time til 1.86 - specially versus Evade VII.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
got 711af and around 3100hps at cl7, i think.. add a nice capped afspeccbuff and i dont really know what i'd land on

3060hp on teh luwi atm, 711 af or 802 with charge (nevermind the stardrop). It should be possible to get some more hp in there though.

MegaMaejter

Banned
More made up nonesense

Mani your a rr4 infil. You barley have any dmg ra's, and if you do you don't have purge.

You do not hit high rr heavy tanks with a 50 slash/dw spec for 500+ dmg / round, you are an outright liar.

Going DW I'm guessing your spamming DS, wich supposedly nowadays has the full advantage of the 50 WS spec and has OK anytime dmg. But without leaper chain your damage on a heavy tank with abs buff (ani buff wich solo ppl use in hib) + battler + wh + som + 830ish af + warguard + 5% cl resis + fury + 20 passive resi + cl resis + ip2 + purge + moose + health pots + omni shield is equal to = NOT pwn high rr heavy tanks. Your outright lying, wich is not such a big surprise, after all its you.
I'd guess your anytime dmg with DS on another stealther is around 190-220 and with crits 300ish.
Pritty amazed your actually went 50 slash 50 dw, any stealther that gets an evade on you will 4-5 shot you basically.

Well, not much point continueing this discussion since your here to troll anyway, so have fun "pwning" them tanks with your rr4 infil. :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
assasins can do good melee damage straight out the tin.

500 damage swing after leggy debuff is possible versus a heavy tank. would need low matter resist and crappy AF. but if achievable. definetly an exageration from the norm though.

I found from from my brief time on NS it was pretty effective versus heavy tanks. U evade ALOT. U gimp down their damage a bit with debuff. Like VF says dont ever blow PS unless they have purged (unless its looking hopeless). So if you play it right lifebain and PS and debuff are unavoidable elements against the tank. If u cycle lifebain as well like thesa used to do its a bit like having an extra 100 damage a swing. I could never be arsed to do that though was to hardcore for me.

From playing me hero which is prolly best described as gimped. I dont think I lost to an assasin if I had my toys up (i didnt have WG) IP and moose etc... However I felt a bit like PA fodder and if the assasin PA chained then kited I would prolly loose. but my hero was never really even close to being anything close to decent.

I remeber Eul PAing chaining graendel once and like after the CD stun went off graendal 3 shoted him. bang bang bang dead.

guess RNG is important.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
well i dont even have labby yet:) but i got 3k hp and around 700 in af.
I still do quite allright on hero and win most fights. But now and again i loose and i noticed that my temp and the combination that and people got labby makes it a little tougher then it used to be.
But when i have all up i very seldom loose as you said cens.
But then again now ih all new toys etc its getting a bit silly. I met a warden on US servers with my warrior which i have a very good template....omniprocs and mytherian of health etc. I was rr4 and he rr11 or 12, none of us could kill eachother. he buff sheered me , and healed himself all the time so i couldnt get him down..he hit like a 2 weeks old badger female and didnt move my healthbar:p
My health kept gaining more then he could hit cause of the procs and mytherian^^
Ow well..

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
assasins can do good melee damage straight out the tin.

500 damage swing after leggy debuff is possible versus a heavy tank. would need low matter resist and crappy AF. but if achievable. definetly an exageration from the norm though.

I found from from my brief time on NS it was pretty effective versus heavy tanks. U evade ALOT. U gimp down their damage a bit with debuff. Like VF says dont ever blow PS unless they have purged (unless its looking hopeless). So if you play it right lifebain and PS and debuff are unavoidable elements against the tank. If u cycle lifebain as well like thesa used to do its a bit like having an extra 100 damage a swing. I could never be arsed to do that though was to hardcore for me.

From playing me hero which is prolly best described as gimped. I dont think I lost to an assasin if I had my toys up (i didnt have WG) IP and moose etc... However I felt a bit like PA fodder and if the assasin PA chained then kited I would prolly loose. but my hero was never really even close to being anything close to decent.

I remeber Eul PAing chaining graendel once and like after the CD stun went off graendal 3 shoted him. bang bang bang dead.

guess RNG is important.

After testing a bit against a nightshade over many fights, the poor guy, we actually found in most cases plain old normal Slash weapons were reliably better damage against armsmen with good templates.

Unless the tank is stupid enough to have low magic resists the combination of 10% cl buffs and passive heavy tank second tier resists just made legendary weapons far to poor to be viable.

Of cause this is for any half decent tank, there will always be rog lords and people to stupid to cap resists, but they just deserve to get owned if thats the case :flame:

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
3060hp on teh luwi atm, 711 af or 802 with charge (nevermind the stardrop). It should be possible to get some more hp in there though.

agreed :) only got around 270hps in template, but 101con. need to get the warrior out more - miss her like hell :(

and id trust VF to know what he's talking about since lasted around 12.7secs against her(!) with grpspecc at rr6, was it?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
After testing a bit against a nightshade over many fights, the poor guy, we actually found in most cases plain old normal Slash weapons were reliably better damage against armsmen with good templates.

Unless the tank is stupid enough to have low magic resists the combination of 10% cl buffs and passive heavy tank second tier resists just made legendary weapons far to poor to be viable.

Of cause this is for any half decent tank, there will always be rog lords and people to stupid to cap resists, but they just deserve to get owned if thats the case :flame:

And any stealther with any brain would be attacking me with Cold legendary weapons

:D.

also, viper3 isn't all that good against heavy tanks who feel the need to buff cleric resists on top of already stupidly high resist. :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
:D.

also, viper3 isn't all that good against heavy tanks who feel the need to buff cleric resists on top of already stupidly high resist. :p

oh how clever, you quoted a post from 2005 before we had heavy tank second tier resists or even champion level buffs.

Nice try, have another go.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
It's Manisch fyi.
If you think a Scout has the DPS of an Infi at 1.86, I can't help you.

I also described my experience from a technical point of view, not from a skill point of view, based on some observations while fighting Heros on Dyvet as an Infiltrator, not as a Scout. You can call Hero players like Solamnus or Hese shit if you want to, but it's not me who is playing on Mythic's servers vs "shit" players and makes vids after Scouts got FOTM.

lol...please leave me out of it!!. And as long as i was playing heste wasnt soloing at all. is he now?:)
Who said i was shit btw??:p Hmm...this gives me motivation to play more and retemplate etc^^
Grrraaaoul!

MegaMaejter

Banned

400 dmg done 1h @ 1.8 s/ swing I'm guessing? Would love to see liddul Manisch and his "owange infil of d00m" pwn that all day with 500+ dmg a round with a 50 slash 50 dw ( as in no abs debuff + battler nerf patch) using LWs.

Mani ur nothing but a compulsive liar.

To prove my point of he not beeing able to do 500+ dmg as rr4 ill post a SS of me hitting a rr8 at the time infil for high dmg, and my dmg would never be higher then this in 1 hit.

[img=http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3437/sshot021eh6.th.jpg]

aika

Can't get enough of FH
look at my inf sig.. more than 500 dmg not counting dots and could be higher with crits, its on a ranger though

Edit: If you take the 66 dmg dot into calculation that's 800 dmg in one round, without a mainhand crit.
You seem to forget assasins can swing 2 weapons.. so basically you can break 500 dmg with a 250-300 base mh dmg with some crit or crit on offhand.

MegaMaejter

Banned
:p
look at my inf sig.. more than 500 dmg not counting dots and could be higher with crits, its on a ranger though

Edit: If you take the 66 dmg dot into calculation that's 800 dmg in one round, without a mainhand crit.
You seem to forget assasins can swing 2 weapons.. so basically you can break 500 dmg with a 250-300 base mh dmg with some crit or crit on offhand.

I'm very aware that assassin can swing 2 weapons. What you are not aware of is that Mani said he is 50 slash 50 dw wich means no abs debuff styles.

Your basically backing Manis claims up by posting a SS of you hitting rib sep on Noobinhood, one of the worse archers around on the server ( no offence its a nice guy and all ).

On my own ranger, lurikeen and all, I ran around on 780-800ish af, 24xxish hits, pd4, 32 all melee resis, +9% abs buff from ani. Now I ask you do you think you would ever had hited for "almost 800 dmg a round" on that ?

Not trying to drag you into this discussion but, it's no use posting a SS of trash and say "hey this is my normal dmg and I rocks" :p

Its a childish discussion, but it's always fun to poke mani around, god knows I got banned for that so many times :/

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
oh how clever, you quoted a post from 2005 before we had heavy tank second tier resists or even champion level buffs.

Nice try, have another go.

indeed, kinda reminds me of the quote in your sig ;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
indeed, kinda reminds me of the quote in your sig ;)

My playstyle has never changed, the class has. The latter I can do nothing about.

Though i'm sure you'd re-roll straight away if your classes got to much love :rolleyes: glass houses and stones spring to mind.

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
On topic (or almost... Skald not heavy tank but still :)):

834 AF (inclusive spec AF)
2604 HP

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Though i'm sure you'd re-roll straight away if your classes got to much love :rolleyes: glass houses and stones spring to mind.

He rolled a melee scout when was bored of remedy easy wins, tho.

715 AF 2100 ish hp on warden, CL1 no AF spec.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
lol...please leave me out of it!!. And as long as i was playing heste wasnt soloing at all. is he now?:)
Who said i was shit btw??:p Hmm...this gives me motivation to play more and retemplate etc^^
Grrraaaoul!

Well the muppet arguing with me said I kill level 45 roglords or so, I stopped the discussion with him, not worth the effort.

Septina

Part of the furniture
got 2969 hp and 1015 af on my tic, pretty nice af and remember just wairing Cloth´s:) just waiting till heretic´s get some love and can use studded ore maby even plate:p

Sure, that will happen the day sorcs get plate, Evade IX, access to IP, savage shouts and chambers. :)

scherer

Fledgling Freddie
got 2969 hp and 1015 af on my tic, pretty nice af and remember just wairing Cloth´s:) just waiting till heretic´s get some love and can use studded ore maby even plate:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom