What AF and HP are you heavy tanks packing nowadays?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Im getting reports of 950 AF (with new spec af coming) and 3500 HP as being the norm...

tell me its not true comerades? post your AF and hits (with CL lvl to pls)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Afraid it might be true lemon.
Anyways Briton pally CL5 buffed has around 2900-3000hits and 900ish AF

Ucallme

Banned
On my Arms I have roughly
850 af and 3300 hp but at a guess im prolly missing another 300-400 hits from caps

Amphrax/Arauddry

censi

Can't get enough of FH
how is one supposed to kill one of these beasts in melee bearing in mind you gonna get potentially 75% of things blocked and a fair old whack parried and when you do hit your looking at sub 100 damage from the AF.

ontop of that warguard, battler, ip, rr5's etc....

Is it still possible for an ekkle sneak to kill a proper capped out heavy tank?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i guess up to 3500 hp and 950 AF is what you can face if you run into a heavy tank.

and no, i don`t think stealhers are suposed to win a lot of fights from those 1 on 1.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
how is one supposed to kill one of these beasts in melee bearing in mind you gonna get potentially 75% of things blocked and a fair old whack parried and when you do hit your looking at sub 100 damage from the AF.

No, your god mode is gone. Welcome to playing hardmode on Ranger now.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
haha godmode ranger melee. gratz thats a cracker.

Im thinking though rather than describing it as godmode gone.. wouldnt it be more like... well say 1 in 4 shots gets through the defense. lets say 1 in 2 so theres no arguement. I would say 100 damage is prolly a reasonable assessment of what you can hit for V 950 AF. so you would need 70 swings to kill it providing the heavy tanks uses no timers and has no SOM or WH or anything up etc (and gets no armour procs)

I would not really place ranger as godmode versus heavy tanks prior to 1.87 (in fact it was almost suicide attacking one)... but dont we have a situation now where you need the heavy tank to be afk for say 3-4 mins or just not hit you back for you to be able to win?

Im all in favour of you should be "up against it" versus a heavy tanks... but not to the extent you are praying your opponent is AFK or your toast!

maybe it wont be like that though but the logisitics aint looking good :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Think mid warriors have rougly 800 af or so.

I pack 780af on my hunter with studded.

warrior gotta be able to hit 900 surly with spec AF inc.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i think paladins can hit 1000 af with a decent amount of +AF in template. they won`t have anywhere near 3500 hp though.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
2289hp/673 af (without spec AF) on frost thane with 75con/320hp/cl10, no augs or toughness.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Imo .. no :p

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
but why are you complaining about a heavy tank bein so durable? they are meant to be like that no? espically if the pally/hero etc is in a fg with bodyguard and is a bg'er. i dont honestly see the problem. anyways archer love is inc soon, so you can twak casters for over 1k with your arrow so im told from usa sever. im sure that will keep you happy.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
3200 HP on tank at CL5/RR4 - not quite capped i dont think - will check AF tonight coz i aint got a clue ;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
but why are you complaining about a heavy tank bein so durable? they are meant to be like that no? espically if the pally/hero etc is in a fg with bodyguard and is a bg'er. i dont honestly see the problem. anyways archer love is inc soon, so you can twak casters for over 1k with your arrow so im told from usa sever. im sure that will keep you happy.

Is there any proof that engage is nerfed also against archer arrow penetration through defence?

censi

Can't get enough of FH

well my competative little mind is calculating and churning through data at the moment...

durable, tough to take down, one sided in favour of the heavy tank... yes I definetly like and want this

unkillable unless afk no.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
haha godmode ranger melee. gratz thats a cracker.

Im thinking though rather than describing it as godmode gone.. wouldnt it be more like... well say 1 in 4 shots gets through the defense. lets say 1 in 2 so theres no arguement. I would say 100 damage is prolly a reasonable assessment of what you can hit for V 950 AF. so you would need 70 swings to kill it providing the heavy tanks uses no timers and has no SOM or WH or anything up etc (and gets no armour procs)

I would not really place ranger as godmode versus heavy tanks prior to 1.87 (in fact it was almost suicide attacking one)... but dont we have a situation now where you need the heavy tank to be afk for say 3-4 mins or just not hit you back for you to be able to win?

Im all in favour of you should be "up against it" versus a heavy tanks... but not to the extent you are praying your opponent is AFK or your toast!

maybe it wont be like that though but the logisitics aint looking good :)

Censi, why don't you work out how long it will take for say a pac healer to melee down your ranger. Thats even less likely. And remember as a stealther you do actually have a chance of being able to attack afk/injured/resting players.

All non-stealth classes they try and balance for fights involving full groups. Go fight other stealthers and be happy.

With regards to the AF thing: my healer has 650 base + 15 AF from template + 93 if I use spec AF charge so thats 758. Can't really see how to increase it any further.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Cow arms cl9, 80 con 300 something hits. 930 AF (aprox), 3131 HP (just ask noobinhood if straferangers are able to kill heavytanks ;>)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
2843 HP on briton merc, dont remember AF

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Censi, why don't you work out how long it will take for say a pac healer to melee down your ranger. Thats even less likely. And remember as a stealther you do actually have a chance of being able to attack afk/injured/resting players.

pac healer is a group toon. Heavy tanks participate in scirmish and solo are and are historically a class that sneaks like to have a poke at on the battlefield. Just would make sense for them to be the strong favourite but not unkillable is my arguement. Im not saying they are unkillable I just suspect thats the case.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
pac healer is a group toon. Heavy tanks participate in scirmish and solo are and are historically a class that sneaks like to have a poke at on the battlefield. Just would make sense for them to be the strong favourite but not unkillable is my arguement. Im not saying they are unkillable I just suspect thats the case.

For a ranger i dont know, but from Inf PoV, any tank with purge and ip down is free rp, when they have purge and IP up you need to blow some arti/dotmine etc and it gets harder, still doable though

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i think a 10 to 1 loss/win ratio for a stealher vs a heavy tank in a `fair` fight is to be expected.

noone says you have to attack a heavy tank or that you are forced to solo.

i don`t consider an equal rr stealher vs heavy tank a fair fight.

i would consider 2 stealhers vs 1 heavy tank, all of equal rr a much fairer fight though ;)

fairness is not just about equal numbers.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
forget fair and even... like i say I it should be in favour of the tank :)

what im thinking is that if a heavy tank is kind of in that 900+af catagory and say 3500. Then no matter what I do I cant win... im kinding suspect this is the case.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I know i'm getting 50 env and viper 2-3 next patch to have a liddul chance to take down heavy tanks.
Not sure what rangers can do, maybe spec bow and use some of the new fotm skills to pass thru their defense before going melee.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I know i'm getting 50 env and viper 2-3 next patch to have a liddul chance to take down heavy tanks.
Not sure what rangers can do, maybe spec bow and use some of the new fotm skills to pass thru their defense before going melee.

or use cowardly tictacs :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom