What AF and HP are you heavy tanks packing nowadays?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I cant think of anything decent to say.. just get rid of that miss quote...

I have asked you nicely... next time i will have to come hunt you down.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I cant think of anything decent to say.. just get rid of that miss quote...

I have asked you nicely... next time i will have to come hunt you down.

You better wait for 1.88 then :p

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
my ns with 90 con in temp 324 hits i have 2554 hits and 705 af leather armor,
Tough 2-3 and con 2 :D

hum dont lather,Studded,Chain,plate all have the same AF its just the ABS that go up :confused: or dose the ABS show up in the AF now.

It does in a way. For example leather has 10% abs and 102 AF at level 51. So the total AF of leather would be 10% more than 102, 112 AF. Think that's how it goes anyway, and ofc it will go up depending on the abs of the armor.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
It does in a way. For example leather has 10% abs and 102 AF at level 51. So the total AF of leather would be 10% more than 102, 112 AF. Think that's how it goes anyway, and ofc it will go up depending on the abs of the armor.

The greenhouse effect must have frozen hell over, Samapw00n. You actually made sense there!

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Think my ROGlord pally gets something like 988AF using Cleric base AF and pally AF buff+chant. Could probably break 1000 with a Stardrop or summat. Only about 2300HPs though, but he's not even CL1 yet.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its part of the reason i gave up pvp on my hero, i used to love fights vs stealthers but over the last few patches tanks have had far to much love to make them competative vs casters. This has resulted in them being far stronger vs stealthers too. What they should have done is nerfed casters rather than boost tanks.

There was a time where you could get pretty nice even fights vs well played stealthers. its just pointless for a stealther to even try vs a well kitted out tank now. last time i checked my hero was ~3300 HP ~800AF ~350 dex ~406 str ~220 quick plus ofc you add moose/IP and life drain proc on shield, with everything up you would need to get through anything up to 7k HP . Oh in the next patch they remove the block penalty vs duel wielders so it will become even easier.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
thats kind of what I was expecting.

I would view your hero as like the equivalent of my ranger. you run a good template, you like to solo a lot you are capped out in terms of ML's CL's etc...

I the old days hyperthetically if I were to attack your hero.. and you had all your stuff down.. I got a real strong start and had all my stuff up... and I got some good RNG love... then I could maybe give you a reasonable fight maybe win... slim chance but perhaps possible??

Now if I were to attack your hero I would just get prawned with zero chance to win.

again though mythic might get wind of this in 2 years time and suddenly address the unkillable factor with change... just seems a bit suxy they are ont aware of things like this at all.

MegaMaejter

Banned
Well censi just make a US classic char and 8v8 there, mythic made the game on classic very balanced in 8v8 but solo and small scale rvr is totally ignored.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
8v8 in daoc has never been viable for me... I hate waiting around for other people.. im impatient. when I want to rvr I rvr. Whenever you rvr in a group some donut will want WC or food break... its like constant interuption.

I get annoyed waiting for like one person to show up with items if I place an order. waiting for 7 people for me is too much "fuck that factor" always has been.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
in all fairness tho sneaks shouldnt be able to kill heavy tanks like wise casters shouldnt be able to kill stealthers, or anything once in melee. moc lifetap is ridiculas
I think stealthers should have a chance against tanks. If they get off PA, BS or critshot, they should have a good chance of winning, but if they mess up and miss PA, they should be in trouble.
It's mostly been like that for my zerker, but i just recently got purge and never had more than IP1, so things got ugly if someone pulled off PA-CD on me.
With the new shield changes, i can't see how heavy tanks with shield can lose to a stealther at all. Not if they are specced and geared for soloing.

It's just wrong that so many heavy tanks think they shouldn't lose to stealthers at all, simply because they are tanks. Some even run out solo with their det5 group setup and group template and whine if they lose to an assassin that got off a perfect PA chain.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I think stealthers should have a chance against tanks. If they get off PA, BS or critshot, they should have a good chance of winning, but if they mess up and miss PA, they should be in trouble.
It's mostly been like that for my zerker, but i just recently got purge and never had more than IP1, so things got ugly if someone pulled off PA-CD on me.
With the new shield changes, i can't see how heavy tanks with shield can lose to a stealther at all. Not if they are specced and geared for soloing.

It's just wrong that so many heavy tanks think they shouldn't lose to stealthers at all, simply because they are tanks. Some even run out solo with their det5 group setup and group template and whine if they lose to an assassin that got off a perfect PA chain.

Come fight me now mate :) I'm underpowerred :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I have no problem killing higher RR IP2/Moose Heroes on my Infi and he is RR4.

No CS styles either.

Sometimes I go through 6-7k hit points and end up on 50% of mine. And I use a LW in mainhand for that and CW in offhand. When both debuffs hit I dish out up to 500 damage each swing from weapons (main + off without crit after matter and slash debuff e.g.) + poison spike + dot damage.

Add con debuff to it and you can go through a heavy tank easily.

So the shield bonus vs dual wield that is coming is justified from my perspective. I will adapt to the change and invest into AugStr and MoP and some Viper and I am sure I will have no trouble vs equal RR heavy tanks as an Infi.

gohan

FH is my second home
I have no problem killing higher RR IP2/Moose Heroes on my Infi and he is RR4.

No CS styles either.

Sometimes I go through 6-7k hit points and end up on 50% of mine. And I use a LW in mainhand for that and CW in offhand. When both debuffs hit I dish out up to 500 damage each swing from weapons (main + off without crit after matter and slash debuff e.g.) + poison spike + dot damage.

Add con debuff to it and you can go through a heavy tank easily.

So the shield bonus vs dual wield that is coming is justified from my perspective. I will adapt to the change and invest into AugStr and MoP and some Viper and I am sure I will have no trouble vs equal RR heavy tanks as an Infi.
but manish that is cos u are a good amongst us mere mortals and are therefore infinatley better, but alas we pilgrims cannot beat op classes with 7k hp an 800+af in melee :<

tho saying that in my scout vid i was equaling a warrior blow for blow an i beat a rr9 hero, but tbh id say its more becuase they were shit, on my rr4 hero in drop stealthers just in side cahin after slam (scout doesnt have purge so they should drop me all the same)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
but manish that is cos u are a good amongst us mere mortals and are therefore infinatley better, but alas we pilgrims cannot beat op classes with 7k hp an 800+af in melee :<

tho saying that in my scout vid i was equaling a warrior blow for blow an i beat a rr9 hero, but tbh id say its more becuase they were shit, on my rr4 hero in drop stealthers just in side cahin after slam (scout doesnt have purge so they should drop me all the same)

It's Manisch fyi.
If you think a Scout has the DPS of an Infi at 1.86, I can't help you.

I also described my experience from a technical point of view, not from a skill point of view, based on some observations while fighting Heros on Dyvet as an Infiltrator, not as a Scout. You can call Hero players like Solamnus or Hese shit if you want to, but it's not me who is playing on Mythic's servers vs "shit" players and makes vids after Scouts got FOTM.

gohan

FH is my second home
It's Manisch fyi.
If you think a Scout has the DPS of an Infi at 1.86, I can't help you.

I also described my experience from a technical point of view, not from a skill point of view, based on some observations while fighting Heros on Dyvet as an Infiltrator, not as a Scout. You can call Hero players like Solamnus or Hese shit if you want to, but it's not me who is playing on Mythic's servers vs "shit" players and makes vids after Scouts got FOTM.

aye melee scouts have always been fotm an always will be, thier nothing like sorcs or pole arms huh?

only reason a scout can take on a heavy tank with half a prayer is shield a decent heavey tank shouldnt lose to an assasin

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
only reason a scout can take on a heavy tank with half a prayer is shield a decent heavey tank shouldnt lose to an assasin

That's maybe in 1.87 the case, but surely not before (I didn't play today...).

My Infi is specced 50 Slash, 50 DW, 34 envenom and like I said, when the LW debuff and slash debuff hits (and that happens often enough) I hit a Hero for 500 damage without crits (MH + OH (with ~70% chance to hit with OH)). Add WS/con debuff, add poison spike, add poison dot, add Evade VII, add 5 ABS and 11% parry from CL, add 40% combat speed debuff or 30% endurance costs increase, get a good template and say how a decent heavy tank with halved chance to block vs dual wield will not lose to an assassin.

Thats is at 1.86, RR4 Infi vs RR7-10 Heros (not many Warriors out to fight). It has nothing to do with personal skill, it was just unbalanced.

1.87 might have changed it but I already said that on equal RR with some damage passives and Viper I would still try to beat one.

I am not speaking about Armsman here or Sorcs, just about one set of experience: As an Infi it's not hard to take on a Hero, 1.87 will make it harder.

Correct me if I have written anything wrong but spare me with your overgeneralizing comments.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I wonder if the scout vs warden fight would have ever ended :p

Shears would have ended it a lot sooner but I never inttended to kill you so shears was a no go.

PS. You were quite low with WH running out =P Ought to have ended within a couple of mins :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Shears would have ended it a lot sooner but I never inttended to kill you so shears was a no go.

PS. You were quite low with WH running out =P Ought to have ended within a couple of mins :)

dunno really, zephyr and battler were about to pop again :p but yes, shears would have made it 'quick'.

the new hot must be fun, is it technically possible to lose a 1v1 with it?

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sure I could lose a 1v1 with using a warden :p just mash the keyboard making mner mner noises, jobs a good un!

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie

never been raped so badly on merc as when i met you today, damn that was quite sick, dont think i even scratched ya and i dumped quite a lot. :p

I dont know how the warden changes are on a lower RR but on a high RR its a bit silly, I'd assume you've yet to be beaten 1v1 wise since this patch :>

MegaMaejter

Banned
"I'm Manish, with a C dammit! I destroy rr10 heavy tanks all day long on my rr4 infil"

Fucking unlikely, but please do tell us more about this business!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
theres to much retard mode in daoc nowadays i think.

I still stand by the statement though that if you play a visual melee classes seriously (its kitted out and at least semi specced for dick swinging and is cl5+ and ml10 etc) then you should be able to handle yourself versus anything... not saying win all etc, but mount a strong fight and win loads/loose some to strong opponents etc... but nothing should be "omg nerf that" because all visuals have "something". Like Thanes, friars, wardens, warriors, heros, champs, mercs, bm's, zerks, tics, armsen, reavers, maulers, vamps, VW's, pallys, savages and skalds (these last 2 I find a bit softer maybe)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
@VF - Fight could have gone on, but it's a downhill fight for you since you never really scratched me, although you prooved to me you knew how to play the char it was quite intresting to watch.

@Arumos - Yet to be beaten in 1vs1 combat since this patch yes, to be honest someone has to get some very lucky hits or dump some sick shit for it to happen, the Warden class has been boosted to a riddiciously state in 1vs1 fights. In all the fights I had aganist solo melee'rs tonight my mouse wasn't even near my RA's.

All in all, to lose a melee 1vs1 with a Warden at a decent rank in decent gear with CL's and ML's, you have to fuck up big time or be afk for it to happen. Maybe Lookdaddy could give me a fight if he's about, I think a reaver frontload would possibly kill a warden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom