Well server clone didnt work

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
The servers have roughly 6k cap, an overflow 400 or so people imo are not enough to warrent a whole new server.

Perhaps if ALL the servers were near full sure, but as it is there are still plenty of servers with listed as low/low or low/med.
There were no English core servers like that before the cloning. 3 destruction were high, rest were full.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
There were no English core servers like that before the cloning. 3 destruction were high, rest were full.

Karag Orruns was fine... There were probably others too but to be honest I didn't take much notice.

Suppose they could have been rp/open servers.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
just what the fuk do you know what i will and won't do who the fuk do you think you are???i went on the new cloned server i tried to get others to join me both destruction and order before they where even working so i suggest before you open your bigmouth about things you have no idea do some research.Trivialities wtf you talking about?? trivial that there is no one on the clone server? trivial that joining a new server means 4 day headstart wasted and the money i paid for the privalage??Where have i said i'm worried about leveling? i'm not worried at all i have 1 char. and he's a lvl19 Sorcerer so i'm hardley rushing you fukwit.i take it that you play order.....:wanker:

No need for name calling. You don't like being held responsible for your own choices. That doesn't mean you're not responsible. You are fixating on "how could I know before day 1 what the server population would be?" As I said before, you couldn't, but you had the option on day 2, when it was blindingly obvious the server was overpopulated, to move to a different server. You didn't do that an hence it is your own fault you remain on an overpopulated server. Passing up the option of moving to the clone compounds your responsibility.

You say you tried to get people to move, but I think you and I have different ideas of what constitutes making a real effort on this. And I'm not second guessing you here - if anyone had made a real effort in the community to get people to move, there would have been evidence of it on these forums. Maybe you asked your friends or within your guild, but that's hardly the same thing as it doesn't address the problem you yourself identified of having no enemies to fight. Any real effort would include both sides.

If you're not worried about losing levels, then in what way would moving to a new server "waste" the headstart?

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I think I am seeing some underhanded tactics by GOA here.

About 15 mins ago they said my server was restarting, then it went down and has been down ever since, previous to this the cloned server they had for us was low/low, now as the main server has gone down it is showing as med/high.

I wonder if any other servers have experianced the same thing, is it a conspiracy to get people to play on the cloned server.....

Maybe im too suspicious, but...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
About 15 mins ago they said my server was restarting, then it went down and has been down ever since, previous to this the cloned server they had for us was low/low, now as the main server has gone down it is showing as med/high.

Either they renamed the wrong server or I bet some monkey forgot to commit the snapshot changes after cloning and now they've realised they've got several days worth of data to commit :D

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
well my brother joined it without knowing it was cloned only to see all but 1 of his characters as lvl 1... I had to explain it was a clone from a few days ago and that our server was down.

Makes me wonder how many others are wondering why all their toons are now lower in lvl, and dont actually realise its a clone.

Just have to love the customer relations at GOA, not even an update saying why the se5rver has been down for so long.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well seems like a few moved. Gone from 20-40 min que to 5-10 min, and the Eight peaks clone had med pop on both sides.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Well seems like a few moved. Gone from 20-40 min que to 5-10 min, and the Eight peaks clone had med pop on both sides.

I don't know...still 45 minutes queue yesterday evening...
Of course, we can't expect immediate change.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Of course it won't work because people are pathetic screaming for a clone of their server when in reality they want a clone that other people than themselves can move to.

Meztli

Fledgling Freddie
Echo of War and our alliance guilds actualy did move from Karak-Azgal to Zhufbar.

Destruction side is medium populated and order low. Tier1 scenarios started the other day, so
it seems like some new Warhammer player actualy pick the cloned servers. We belive cloning
was a good thing, and have patience enough to wait for the new players to fil up the server.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
there been a slight decrease in the queue on karak-azgal, but the queue is still there

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Had a 1h 19min queue to get on Karak Azgal destruction at 22.00cet. Insane! Its actually worse today than its been all of last week, at least what i noticed.

Meztli

Fledgling Freddie
Had a 1h 19min queue to get on Karak Azgal destruction at 22.00cet. Insane! Its actually worse today than its been all of last week, at least what i noticed.

GOA did supply a alternative. It´s possible to switch to a cloned server. But instead it looks like most people continue to crowd the full servers. So i would say that the pain of waiting for queues is self-inflicted.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

A friend of mine had to queue 2h30 to enter Karak Eight Peaks yesterday :p
Well, I informed him to look on the bright side...since he has problems with CTD's, he will only have to do the queue once now instead of x times a day.

fatgit

Loyal Freddie
GOA did supply a alternative. It´s possible to switch to a cloned server. But instead it looks like most people continue to crowd the full servers. So i would say that the pain of waiting for queues is self-inflicted.

The problem with the clone system is that it's a now or never approach. Your chars are copied over, and at that moment in time, you have a choice of which to play.
However, the choice isn't an easy one. In a game that revolves around PvP you want a reasonably busy server with a good faction balance, and the clone was an unknown entity, so not many people would move over immediately. Also, if you are in a guild, it needs the decision of your entire guild to move over. What if quite a few aren't online for a couple of days - as a guild you can't decide one way or another.

Then the queues died down, and things started looking OK on some servers, on KEP it went from an hour queue to 30mins, then to 10. Great! everyone thinks, and levels their chars, gets some nice loot from PQ's or scenario's etc over the weekend.
Then Monday arrives, and the queues instantly go up to 2 hours, because people aren't crashing out and openign up spaces - great if you're teh one crashing, but sucks if you're the one in the queue (GOA can't win on that one :p ) - why don't people move to the clones ?
Over the last few days they've levelled their chars, they've got new RR's, they might have picked up an epic on a lucky roll - but the clone is stuck on last week, it hasn't levelled, it hasn't got that epic, and it means entire guilds wiping clean the last weekend if the move - PLUS however many days it will take to organise for a decision by a guild.

Anyone that wants to seriously play WAR as an RvR game would not have moved to the clone immediately, and would most people would hesitate to throw away the last 4 or so days of gameplay to go there now.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Anyone that wants to seriously play WAR as an RvR game would not have moved to the clone immediately, and would most people would hesitate to throw away the last 4 or so days of gameplay to go there now.

Bold statement. So you would say that anyone that wants to play WAR seriously wont have a toon on the new and still empty servers? How do you know, that the clone or the new servers wont fill up over time?

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie

Change the record for god's sake it's boring......
:freddyfm:

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Bold statement. So you would say that anyone that wants to play WAR seriously wont have a toon on the new and still empty servers? How do you know, that the clone or the new servers wont fill up over time?

How do you know they will and would you be willing to take the chance?

Meztli

Fledgling Freddie
However, the choice isn't an easy one. In a game that revolves around PvP you want a reasonably busy server with a good faction balance, and the clone was an unknown entity, so not many people would move over immediately. Also, if you are in a guild, it needs the decision of your entire guild to move over. What if quite a few aren't online for a couple of days - as a guild you can't decide one way or another.

Over the last few days they've levelled their chars, they've got new RR's, they might have picked up an epic on a lucky roll - but the clone is stuck on last week, it hasn't levelled, it hasn't got that epic, and it means entire guilds wiping clean the last weekend if the move - PLUS however many days it will take to organise for a decision by a guild.

I supose that you are aware of that if all use your line of argument, none would ever move to cloned servers!

Your arguments just sound as a lot of excuses to not move.

We did move from Karak-Azgal to Zhufbar with not only our own guild, but together with our alliance guilds. In total approx 250 people. So it´s doable, and not at all as complicated as you imply.

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
Cloning servers has failed either GOA force it by using a criteria , ie Guild XP and move guilds that are < or > lvl N , which im sure will cause righteous outcries from the masses

or

They make cloning a more attractive offer someway by weekly cloning KEP chars say every Wednesday to the clone server or similar along these lines.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
fatgit's point is quite valid. Once you start levelling up on one side it's hard to convince people to switch over, everyone has gained levels/ranks on the existing server - why would they spend hours doing the same thing again on a clone?

Cloning is a oneshot chance, people are unhappy with it so the queues still exist.

Meztli

Fledgling Freddie
fatgit's point is quite valid. Once you start levelling up on one side it's hard to convince people to switch over, everyone has gained levels/ranks on the existing server - why would they spend hours doing the same thing again on a clone?

No it´s not valid.

A clone is a copy. You dont loose anything in moving from a old server to a clone. Your rank, renown, inf, guild rank, etc, is the same... that´s the hole point about cloning.

You keep what you got!!!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
You keep what you got!!!

Oh really??!111!!11

The point is I've got a level 28 character on the server I didn't play on and a level 34 on the server I've stayed on. Am I ever going to switch to the lowbie character to repeat the same things I've already done?

Reread my post and perhaps you'll understand.

Meztli

Fledgling Freddie
My wrong!

I was talking about moving the actual cloning day. Did not realize you where talking about a later stage.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
How do you know they will and would you be willing to take the chance?

I have faith in the game. I did not use the clone, but rerolled from KEP to KO (the most empty server at that time) two days after I started playing.

How about you? Broken record and stuff...

Poag

m00?
Heaven forbid hes actually talking about the current situation rather than a hypothetical one!

And to answer the inevitable.

The day after cloning i logged into KEP and found the short [15-20 mins] queues quite acceptable, meant there were less "OMG neeedzz instant action" nubs around :)

So i played another 15 levels on my character with my duo buddy. The patch goes in and queues spike to 2 hours, not acceptable anymore :)
I don't even know why did the damn patch really, level 1-26/20 and again 1-20/15 and crashed twice...yep twice no more no less. Once being a black screen from messing around with my res during a keep siege, the other the client closed whilst I was adding people to our skype call.

Anyway, if the option to move was offered again now, with these new "Ultra Queues" and more advertising of said move going to occur *hint hint*...perhaps some server wide messages during prime time etc, more people would vacate the server for Tor Anroc or wherever else.

Simple fact is the queues went down and everyone went "Well, this is much better now" then they did the "Crash Patch" and now its back to worse than it was before. Its a good game..people do not want to log out! So the queues go slowly.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
They make cloning a more attractive offer someway by weekly cloning KEP chars say every Wednesday to the clone server or similar along these lines.

Bad solution IMO. You would award staying on the mother server, because you get your "progress" saved and copied over to the daughter every wednesday. 2 rank 40ies for the price of one.

People will be screaming bloody murder no matter what GOA does anyway...

Poag

m00?
I have faith in the game. I did not use the clone, but rerolled from KEP to KO (the most empty server at that time) two days after I started playing.

How about you? Broken record and stuff...

Your alot more broken record about your "Oh yes i rerolled on the second day" than anyone else is about queues. I dont think i've seen a single thread, post or comment in a queue related thread from anyone on any server that you haven't given you 2p too :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I dont think i've seen a single thread, post or comment in a queue related thread from anyone on any server that you haven't given you 2p too :)

Exaggerate much? Check my post history and count the numbers posts again. Also check if I get asked and actually deliver an answer.

If you cant help stalking me, at least do it properly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom