Well server clone didnt work

York

Fledgling Freddie
This.

Really. Myself and a friend were grouped up in a PQ group, waiting for it to reset and someone mentioned the queues were less this evening. The other 12 people in the group agreed and wondered why. So we piped up and said "They cloned the server today, didn't you know" to which the response from all 13 was "They cloned the server?"

2/15 knowing about the clone isn't a good percentage :)

Its states that server cloning had taken place on the patcher, the very first thing you see when you double click the WAR icon on your desktop.

In responce to all the complainers....

If they didnt clone the servers you would complain about queues.

If they raise the caps on the servers then you would complain about lag.

When they do clone the servers you complain that its a dead server.

If they stoped character creation on Destruction or Order you would complain about that too.

Seriously, you people must be so unhappy complaining all the time, If a game upsets you so much then your clearly not having fun which is generally the point of playing a game. I find it hard to believe with all the options available to you that you still complain. Its like Homer Simpson mentality. If you keep sticking your finger in the electric socket your going to keep getting electrocuted.

Your complaining for the sake of complaining and now you have me complaining at the complainers, damn you!

Poag

m00?
Its states that server cloning had taken place on the patcher, the very first thing you see when you double click the WAR icon on your desktop.

I see the warpatcher for about half a second before it finishes its scan and starts loading the game :)

And evidently it doesn't show it prominantly enough as 13 other people from a sample of 15 didn't see it either :)

I'm not going to get drawn into it either. Long and the short is that the vast majority of general players I encountered last night did not know a clone had taken place, or even what the clone was, ergo they will not move as they didn't know they had the choice. Thus making all these "They gave you a choice, you can't moan anymore!!!" irrelevant.

And before you say "Well they should read the site" maybe they should, but the fact of the matter is they didn't and alot of people dont read the war-europe site, I personally dont as it crashed my work pcs browser when i try and click on a news item, and it lags my macbook at home to hell and back before it also crashes firefox there aswell, so I rely on a RSS reposter bot on another site to give me the news, saves me wondering if chrome is going to crash or not.

If you want to contact people about changes to the game, the best way is to use the game itself. Like send them an ingame mail, people love mail, if you make it have some pretty bright colour on it aswell then they take more notice.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I'm terribly upset with the whole cloning thing. It took just 20 minutes to log in last night when I got home from work. Barely time to cook my dinner, never mind eat it!

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
just to set things straight..

To all you people who are flaming us people who voice their complaints.

1. you say we whine and maon. while with your posting you whining about us more then we are moaning about the game.

2. Things will only get done when people in the world voice them . if you stay quiet nothing will get done.

3. The people who are flaming or moaning about our complaints are maybe happy, and im glad you are but when the day come your not happy i hope others jump down your throats.

4. we pay for the game we thus we have right to voice what we feel will benefit us. if this upset you then so be it but im sorry that our faults with the game upset you so badly. maybe you all pointing saying we must have a unhappy life should maybe look at yourself doing the same thing moaning about the moaners

Let all play nice if you happy great . but let the people who are not happy say something without being attacked

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yes, I agree, now with the shorter queues I will probably end up starving :(

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
just to set things straight..

To all you people who are flaming us people who voice their complaints.

1. you say we whine and maon. while with your posting you whining about us more then we are moaning about the game.

2. Things will only get done when people in the world voice them . if you stay quiet nothing will get done.

3. The people who are flaming or moaning about our complaints are maybe happy, and im glad you are but when the day come your not happy i hope others jump down your throats.

4. we pay for the game we thus we have right to voice what we feel will benefit us. if this upset you then so be it but im sorry that our faults with the game upset you so badly. maybe you all pointing saying we must have a unhappy life should maybe look at yourself doing the same thing moaning about the moaners

Let all play nice if you happy great . but let the people who are not happy say something without being attacked

Actually, sorry if this sounds rude, but why do you insist on complaining?

I've decided to play on Karak 8 peaks for the DaoC community.
It was to be expected that there are going to be queues.
We brought this problem onto ourselves this way. So we don't have to blame GOA, but it's not their fault.

Way I see it, either you want to play with the Exc./Pry community, but then you learn to live with queues. Or you don't want to queue, but then you need to go play somewhere else.

Do like me, start up WAR, start logging your toon, and while you queue, make dinner and eat.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Never thought that whining would solve anything Frost...would be nice to see some suggestions to SOLVE the problem instead of addressing the problems.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
GOA needs more communication channels for announcing things like server cloning. They should've sent an email to all players with a character on any server being cloned, yet again everyone might not read their email - but it might increase the numbers aware of it.

They could do with some sort of Steam style login message which they use for adverts, but use it for genuinely important messages. A popup window for each bit of important news.

The problem is that it'll be too late for people still playing on Karak Eight Peaks who may have considered using the clone, every day which passes the cloned character gets further behind the one you're still levelling.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
GOA needs more communication channels for announcing things like server cloning. They should've sent an email to all players with a character on any server being cloned, yet again everyone might not read their email - but it might increase the numbers aware of it.

but how can they do that when email servers aren't working!

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie

The thing is, people don't read that. There was no patch to download so people wouldn't have stayed on that screen for very long. I read it, I like to know whats going on, any changes etc but a lot don't.

What should have happened was on the queing screen it should have said "Did you know this server has been cloned with ****, your characters are also on that server ready to play where there likely isn't a queue to play. Do you wish to transfer servers and avoid the queues?"

I think people would see that. I understand this would be probably impossible for GOA to do, but Mythic have been through this process and they could have do it.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
why do you bother posting. this is a disscussion board im trying to disciss what do you think they will try next .

And all you can do is cry and whine about the disscussion . if you dislike us talking about it so much why read it and post here.

so again as i stated in my original post is

What do you think they will do next. i didnt complain i just asked a question.

i sit in the 400 odd Q everyday and chat with friends.

so please stop the hate and either give a answer that would benefit or dont simple.

The world is full of hate enough without you adding to it.

Im not moaning or crying or whining im asking OK

Im 40 years of age im to old to bother about the cries of kiddies or fo rthe saying of the month . i dont say lal or plx or plox or lulz i just speak plain english the best i can and try and give some answers to those who ask or voice my feelings i aslo have a right to ask a question. and in return all i ask is some freindly advise if thats possible nowdays.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Never thought that whining would solve anything Frost...would be nice to see some suggestions to SOLVE the problem instead of addressing the problems.

Ive always been taught that to SOLVE a problem is to address it.

And could you please quote me the part in my original post where i cried or moaned. and then show me where you may think i suggested a fix and then maybe was waiting for others to add their ideas for a fix.

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
The thing is, people don't read that. There was no patch to download so people wouldn't have stayed on that screen for very long. I read it, I like to know whats going on, any changes etc but a lot don't.

What should have happened was on the queing screen it should have said "Did you know this server has been cloned with ****, your characters are also on that server ready to play where there likely isn't a queue to play. Do you wish to transfer servers and avoid the queues?"

I think people would see that.

That would have indeed be the best way to inform people that they don't have to queue if they don't want to.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Are you thick or what? Magnus post is pretty clear there are a set of things doable, they surely won't force people to not play there, nor move entire guilds on other servers.
They gave you the chance to move to a new server with all your gold, experience, rrs etc.
The deal is simple as 123, if you wanna stay here, be patient and stay in queue while you do something else; on the other hand if you can't be patient and wait 20 mins, bugger off to another server with less waiting time.
Which part you didn't get yet?

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, sorry if this sounds rude, but why do you insist on complaining?

I've decided to play on Karak 8 peaks for the DaoC community.
It was to be expected that there are going to be queues.
We brought this problem onto ourselves this way. So we don't have to blame GOA, but it's not their fault.

Way I see it, either you want to play with the Exc./Pry community, but then you learn to live with queues. Or you don't want to queue, but then you need to go play somewhere else.

Do like me, start up WAR, start logging your toon, and while you queue, make dinner and eat.

i didnt complain about anything in my original post i just said what will be next . then gave a idea for a fix.

The only complaint are the ones that are started by you lot accusing people of complaining and your hate

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Are you thick or what? Magnus post is pretty clear there are a set of things doable, they surely won't force people to not play there, nor move entire guilds on other servers.
They gave you the chance to move to a new server with all your gold, experience, rrs etc.
The deal is simple as 123, if you wanna stay here, be patient and stay in queue while you do something else; on the other hand if you can't be patient and wait 20 mins, bugger off to another server with less waiting time.

If that is aimed at me . then why ive not said i wont be patient all im asking is what do you think will be the next route of action. magus answered and all im doing is answering the poster or do nothin but flame and jump the thread with hate.

i just didnt want to move to a empty server so ill wait in the q untill its fixed somehow or i get bored and quit .

why does everyone get so angry

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Frost, you do realise that the cloning is a really good option right?
The communication about the cloning might have been better, but i think GOA did a decent job. Its on the website, forums and in the patcher....perhaps in a comming newsletter, who knows.

There wont be another solutions if you ask me. Again, the cloning is actually perfect. Like someone stated before: Its up to the community now to decide what to do. Play with a Q or play on a moderate populated server.

I am still curious if you have any suggestions yourself on how GOA/Mythic could solve this problem.

/edit:

-- Ive always been taught that to SOLVE a problem is to address it. --

I have been taught to take action if i discover a problem. Not just to address it. Its the easy way to just tell someone: Hey, you got a flat tire...and then dont offer help.

And i dont think anyone is angry. Your thread is confusing, cause imo you dont seem very satisfied with the service GOA is offering us/you/them...whatever.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If that is aimed at me . then why ive not said i wont be patient all im asking is what do you think will be the next route of action. magus answered and all im doing is answering the poster or do nothin but flame and jump the thread with hate.

i just didnt want to move to a empty server so ill wait in the q untill its fixed somehow or i get bored and quit .

why does everyone get so angry

If you been here and assisted to the death of Dyvet you would be more than happy to see that this time around, at least, they come up with a solution and they aren't promising miracles left and right.
In an MMO altho solutions don't always fall from the Sky (Mythic) but needs some help from the Community to workout.
Also i don't know why you came and sentenced that the cure didn't work, personally i experienced half a lenght of a queue yday when i logged on.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie

I think everyone agrees, server cloning is an excellent idea and one that Mythic and GOA are to be thanked for. Its a great gesture on their part.

The issue is that maybe GOA didn't advertise it enough. Thing is, a lot of people don't know about this place, they don't read patch notes and they don't visit war-europe.com. More fool them you could say but this is what happens.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
i didnt complain about anything in my original post i just said what will be next . then gave a idea for a fix.

The only complaint are the ones that are started by you lot accusing people of complaining and your hate

First off, I have no hate towards you or what you said, and I am accusing no-one of anything.
But in the post I quoted, you were obviously complaining.

And the comment of your I really disliked in that post was

I have to insist on the fact that you keep failing to see the cause of this entire queuing thing: WE BROUGHT THIS ONTO OURSELVES! We all went on the same server because we wanted to reform the DaoC community. The problem is, that you're bringing a huge amount of people who were on 2 servers, together on one server (and we have to count all those people who are now attracted to the server because k8p's reputation as a competitive server), thus inevitably overflowing the server.
We knew this would happen.
you know what will benefit the queue problem in this situation? Some people moving to another server. There's no magical solution.
There are queues, we have to learn to live with them.

Just my two cents

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Frost, you do realise that the cloning is a really good option right?
The communication about the cloning might have been better, but i think GOA did a decent job. Its on the website, forums and in the patcher....perhaps in a comming newsletter, who knows.

There wont be another solutions if you ask me. Again, the cloning is actually perfect. Like someone stated before: Its up to the community now to decide what to do. Play with a Q or play on a moderate populated server.

I am still curious if you have any suggestions yourself on how GOA/Mythic could solve this problem.

Well it may have been a good idea but it didnt work. NOONE wants to move there. why dont you set up on that server and play with the hand full of players on there.

I want to play with e freinds ive played with over the past 6 years who are all on the same server who also have freinds and so on. so do we all move??

As for give a idea i think i did on my post for which i wanted others to answer with ideas for which you dont seem to be getting. your just being a spanner in the works.

My idea was to close the clone servers and use the machines to extend the population cap. as the city rvr is in instances of 48 so it can easy be handled by extra server power. but without having alook at how they have set of the server base i cant give accurate answer.

So with your next post try and be in the spirit of things and give a maybe possible asnwer if you can think of one . beside the boring one " Delete your characters and move server " stuff

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Well, dont forget the cloned servers aren't live for a long time. Lets see what happens in a week from now. Judging a solution thats be live for 1,5 day....cmon ;)

/edit:

Extra server power for a higher cap = lagproblems/overpopulated zones/crashing zones.... Its an option yes, but its not the solution.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I think everyone agrees, server cloning is an excellent idea and one that Mythic and GOA are to be thanked for. Its a great gesture on their part.

The issue is that maybe GOA didn't advertise it enough. Thing is, a lot of people don't know about this place, they don't read patch notes and they don't visit war-europe.com. More fool them you could say but this is what happens.

I completely agree with you, but knowing their history i wouldn't have expected nothing more and nothing less sadly.
That said they got their communications channels, if people act like sheeps and can't even care nuff to go check the news etc, their fault.
The good part is that probably, showing that little interest in the game their playing, they prolly won't be a problem comes the end of the free month.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Lets get this striaght once and for all.

I was playing while typing and maynot have explained things correctly this is what i wanted to say and ill make it clear as some of you are reading between the lines and starting a argument instead of addressing the thread.

"What i wanted it to mean"

Hi all

The clone of servers didnt work although it was a good effort by GOA.

It is our choice we didnt want to move so its not GOA's fault its our own.
But never the less we have a problem with a queue and we need to sort out how to fix it.

My input would be use the clone servers to add onto the main servers and use them to up the population. Maybe not a practical idea .

Do you guys have anyidea on how we could fix the queue problem without spliting up our wonderfull DAOC community.

Miss you all i often think about the old daoc days

Your thoughts and ideas please

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
My ideas?
Give it some time.

People will get annoyed eventualy with the queu's and move on.
Also, after the 30 days free-play there will be a group of people who will not continue to play. Its the 1st month.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
So are you basically asking to make a server cluster on KEP and imbalance things horribly towards dest on the server as its alot more populated than Order?

Only thing i recon we can actually do is wait out the first month and see if the que's die down a bit.

Truth be told it will take an alliance or 2 to make the first step but until that happen's I cant see a quick fix.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
My ideas?
Give it some time.

People will get annoyed eventualy with the queu's and move on.
Also, after the 30 days free-play there will be a group of people who will not continue to play. Its the 1st month.

nicely summed up, and probably the best answer so far in the whole thread.

No need to get all worked up about this.
Basically, it boils down to the same thing as the Bright Wizard/Sorcerer root issue:

Patience is a virtue. Let's just wait a bit and see how everything evolves

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Thats better no hate just discussion :wub:

and yes my idea maynot be the best but its all i have in my head at the time of posting. but yes im sure things will settle down after 30days.

But as for destruction being overwhelming that aint enever going to happen on peaks . we dont have any healers :p so far i see it as destruction are albs and orde4r are mids.

order are well played and seem to have some well organised groups . and pound for pound they win. but it was expected as alot of old very good guilds went there. good on them

P.s " Im sure order classes hit harder then distruction" :p:p:p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
This.

Really. Myself and a friend were grouped up in a PQ group, waiting for it to reset and someone mentioned the queues were less this evening. The other 12 people in the group agreed and wondered why. So we piped up and said "They cloned the server today, didn't you know" to which the response from all 13 was "They cloned the server?"

2/15 knowing about the clone isn't a good percentage :)

hmm

it says so on the screen after the login screen where you enter your password !!!

did you expect goa to phone everyone on those servers affected to tell them in person ?

they even delayed the cloning with a day to make sure that more people knew it was going to happen.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I have to insist on the fact that you keep failing to see the cause of this entire queuing thing: WE BROUGHT THIS ONTO OURSELVES! We all went on the same server because we wanted to reform the DaoC community. The problem is, that you're bringing a huge amount of people who were on 2 servers,

over a 7 year period

together on one server (and we have to count all those people who are now attracted to the server because k8p's reputation as a competitive server), thus inevitably overflowing the server.
We knew this would happen.
you know what will benefit the queue problem in this situation? Some people moving to another server. There's no magical solution.
There are queues, we have to learn to live with them.

Just my two cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom