Warning to all guilds: protect your guildvaults

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
here´s what happened:

An apparently new player joined Blade&Quill a couple days ago. He had lvl 5ish toons and was asking all kinds of n00b questions in /gu, what "skills" a Paladin needs and what armour a Necro can wear etc.
We gave him access to our guildvault, where we stored a whole bunch of stuff for low-mid level xp´ers and some guildies gave him some cash to buy equipment. The same evening, the entire guildvault was empty. Of course, I spoke to the guy and he said he´d only took about 5 items off the vault for his chars. I RightNowed, asking for a check of the logfiles and got the response, that two of his chars have taken about 50 items from the vault, completely emptying it. All his chars are deleted and are removed from B&Q, none of his alts is in my guild anymore. RightNow is taking abuse investigations against his account.

So.. a warning to all guilds: be careful with new people and giving them rights to your guildvault until this case is closed. It´s very likely, that this guy will try the same trick again.

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Probably a good idea to just give senior guild members the rights to take things from the vaults, and give view rights to everyone else so they can see whats there and then ask for it.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yup, that´s the case with almost all vaults we have. However, this one is specifically for low-mid level people and tbh it´s highly unlikely, that someone wants to steal oodles and oodles of uncontrolled ROG´s. So it wasn´t really a great loss for us, however, it might be different in other guilds, so I decided to start this thread. :)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Heard about this kinda stuff before. Ta for the heads up

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
Don't give access to guild vault except to trusted people...it's that simple :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Don't give access to guild vault except to trusted people...it's that simple

Thanks for your patronizing thoughts. They surely help and encourage the members of this community to share their experiences and make the guilds protect themselves against abuse.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Theodoric said:
what a slut .. hope the fucker gets his acc banned

that's never gonna happen, since basicly he didn't do anything illegal. That's it's lame is another thing.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
that's never gonna happen, since basicly he didn't do anything illegal. That's it's lame is another thing.

It probably falls under griefing, Goa has actually been better at policing this kind of crap than Mythic.

Circulous

Fledgling Freddie
Same thing happened to our Guild on Prydwen. Level 20 joined us and played few days to level 27. Then he disappeared for 3 month.

One day our guildvault was plundered and we lost few thousand duskwóod boards, some metal bars and items.

Investigation by Goa reported that it was the level 27 Char but they cant do anything and they cant give us any information what has happened with our stuff due to privacy of that thief. He has deleted those Char and made a new one which we dont know. Goa wont tell us the names or guild :eek7: .

We made our consequences that new members arent allowed much. Thats not the way i like to play a game but necessary :mad:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Use draconian rules, in my small rvr oriented guild, only me and my brother can take or put items into the guild vault, members may check what is in them and ask if they need something (I don't care if I've known the guildie for a year or 2, better to be safe than sorry). Mids not in the guild can't even see what the chests contain.

Dekker

Fledgling Freddie
Int' my day we used to leave the back door open and we'd wonder in and out of each others houses all day long, and if someone stole summat we'd tie em up and drag em round t'streets with a horse.

Dropkick

Fledgling Freddie
I made a mistake gave someone access as I thought it was someone else.

He cleared the vault,cm,merchants, forge. GOA would only confirm that it was a the person who nicked the items. The asked on my behalf to return them , he would not so they banned his account. Only found that out when it turns out the account was shared and somebody from his guild started bitching at me for not contacting the guild even though I explained I had no information about the alts.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Dekker said:
Int' my day we used to leave the back door open and we'd wonder in and out of each others houses all day long, and if someone stole summat we'd tie em up and drag em round t'streets with a horse.

LOL :bazbeer:

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
We have it in RoC so that only officers and GM's can remove items from the vaults but anyone can see whats inside and put things into the vault, if they need something they ask an officer or GM, usually one on at least :)

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Same thing happened to us during the nonsense with the hotmail hack.

Similar to you guys it was only the low rank vaults which only contained random levelling rogs which got replaced in no time. But it does make you wonder where people get the time and required boredom level to be doing pointless shit like this.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
My god!

If GOA has to investigate all of ur stupid mistakes, no wonder RightNow takes so long to get answer from!

I blame all of u fools!

-sigh-

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Arindra said:
does make you wonder where people get the time and required boredom level to be doing pointless shit like this.

Amount of time taken to win our trust and be promoted out of "New Recruit" rank so you can access the lowbie ROG guild vault: 1 weekend.

Amount of gold you'll get by emptying said vault: 100g.

Getting your account banned for malicious griefing: Priceless!

:)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Pfft @ needing a weekend to make 100g from a vault. Gimme a good bot and I can pharm 20p

Newbies these days - make cash unfairly and then make a silly amount of it =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom