News War with Russia

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Does your stereotypical russian, sat at home watching the news believe their media? Genuine question.
The older generation was still raised in Soviet times. They all had a fair idea that what was presented to them was what the party wanted them to know and nothing more. They weren't that stupid.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Does your stereotypical russian, sat at home watching the news believe their media? Genuine question.

Nexta_tv had some interviews with furstrated Ukrainians at the start of the war, who had parrents, cousins, uncles, aunts and grandparrents in Russia. The family members in Russia didn't believe that Ukraine was under attack by Russia. It was all lies and western propaganda. That was 2-3 months ago though, so who knows about these days. Everyone must know someone who knows someone who lost someone in Ukraine by now.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Hell theres (Finnish) people in Finland who are swallowing the Russian state medias whole, its all a NATO proxy war, NATO are the aggressors, Ukrainian Nazis are committing genocide and blaming Russians yada yada.

Ukraine is doing a far better propaganda job imo, large scoops of salt from either side whenever news comes out tbh

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hell theres (Finnish) people in Finland who are swallowing the Russian state medias whole, its all a NATO proxy war, NATO are the aggressors, Ukrainian Nazis are committing genocide and blaming Russians yada yada.

Ukraine is doing a far better propaganda job imo, large scoops of salt from either side whenever news comes out tbh

Quite, but territory doesn't lie. Russia has gained nothing, in months, and lost loads since. Their initial blitzkrieg, ultimately failed. They are now 1 step behind general mobilisation, the last roll of the dice. Russia has lost a huge amount of boots on the ground, if they hadn't then they wouldn't be dragging people out of their houses (and economically positive jobs) to get thrown into the grinder. The Russian army is clearly badly trained, badly supplied, badly motivated...and they think people that are essentially you and me will make the difference...

They will die, in their thousands.

I'm sure you did wood work at school, the Russian army is the bit of wood you pushed into the belt sander, it disappears, quickly.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Everyone is fleeing Russia now. Time to close the borders. If they don't want to go to war, then they need to make Putin aware.

Russia might collapse in days.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Talk of closing border here. Wonder what all the wealthy russians with their giant SUVs parked at Helsinki airport will do when they return but discover they cant cross the border by car

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Talk of closing border here. Wonder what all the wealthy russians with their giant SUVs parked at Helsinki airport will do when they return but discover they cant cross the border by car

That seems rather silly tbh, why not let the anti-Putin Russians in? Makes sense, no?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That seems rather silly tbh, why not let the anti-Putin Russians in? Makes sense, no?

They aren't necessarily anti-Putin though, they are anti-getting killed.

Gwadien

They aren't necessarily anti-Putin though, they are anti-getting killed.

Probably still better than pissing them off and giving them a reason to grudgingly accept conscription?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I think the logic is that if they cant get out of Russia they might actually do something about their government

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Russia is already haemorrhaging talent, or at least it was before they went mad. Losing a further 300k, probably economically active people, will be a disaster. Many will become refugees, basically.

Anyway, Chechnya will kick off first.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The thing is they can't even fully outfit the troops they've already sent or keep them supplied, let alone another 300,000 or a million. I just have this image in my head of them running into battle carrying just a spoon and fork.
I just see Enemy at the Gates in my head.

Gwadien

I know I'm going to be shouted at for a pro Putin apologist or something...

But those rifles have never been improved since WW2, and it looks like he has an optic sight on it which may suggest he's a marksman and those optics are more expensive to produce than AKs...

I mean, millions of AKs were produced doing Soviet times, even if they weren't all sold off officially or through corruption, it'd wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine there's still lots in storage.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The thing is they can't even fully outfit the troops they've already sent or keep them supplied, let alone another 300,000 or a million. I just have this image in my head of them running into battle carrying just a spoon and fork.

Yup, the conscripts are being given WW1 equipment + they have no vehicles left hardly and are unable to repair tanks because there are no workers due to conscription

They're quite literally being sent into a meat grinder, i'd be surprised if they last more than a week Vs what the Ukraine has been given to use.

Also been reported by an EX - NATO Commander that the USA will destroy Russia's Black Sea Fleet if they use Nuclear Weapons in the Ukraine.

Gwadien

Yup, the conscripts are being given WW1 equipment + they have no vehicles left hardly and are unable to repair tanks because there are no workers due to conscription

They're quite literally being sent into a meat grinder, i'd be surprised if they last more than a week Vs what the Ukraine has been given to use.

Also been reported by an EX - NATO Commander that the USA will destroy Russia's Black Sea Fleet if they use Nuclear Weapons in the Ukraine.

The only example of a WW1 weapon I've seen was the Ukrainians using a PM M1910 machine gun, which is bizarre and amazing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The only example of a WW1 weapon I've seen was the Ukrainians using a PM M1910 machine gun, which is bizarre and amazing.

Russia are that desperate atm they're buying shit back off North Korea as well apparently... imagine being THAT desperate.

Gwadien

Russia are that desperate atm they're buying shit back off North Korea as well apparently... imagine being THAT desperate.

Buying back?

China produces AKs and they sell loads to NK using cheap NK labour, it's probably cheaper to buy from NK who have been bought from China rather than buying directly from China (and also keeps China out of the shit from the rest of the world.)

But yeah, cool, this is why I don't really discuss the war much here because y'all (and the majority of the West) have some weird fantasy about the war that's going on...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Buying back?

China produces AKs and they sell loads to NK using cheap NK labour, it's probably cheaper to buy from NK who have been bought from China rather than buying directly from China (and also keeps China out of the shit from the rest of the world.)

But yeah, cool, this is why I don't really discuss the war much here because y'all (and the majority of the West) have some weird fantasy about the war that's going on...

Alright, not literally buying back but definitely buying. Russia gave them a load of shit at the end of the Korean war, I just found it amusing that they're there cap in hand now.

Among some of the things they're buying

Small arms ammunition
Rockets

Doesn't seem to be doing them much good.

Gwadien

Alright, not literally buying back but definitely buying. Russia gave them a load of shit at the end of the Korean war, I just found it amusing that they're there cap in hand now.

Among some of the things they're buying

Small arms ammunition
Rockets

Doesn't seem to be doing them much good.

I'm not implying that it's going well for Russia, but it's definitely being overstated how badly it is going - up to 100,000 Americans fled when the draft was called for Vietnam, I'd be interested to know more about numbers, but it'll be a while before any kind of accurate numbers will be given.

As for NK, it completely makes sense, the AK-47 is still one of the best, cheapest and reliable weapons made, far superior to the M16 which the Americans used at the time, and it took a very long while for them to make anything nearly as good. To reiterate - whilst I understand that it's laughable for them to buy them from NK, NK is a complete mess, so I'd imagine the asking price is ridiculously low, so why would they not?

It's the same shit for when the MLRS was introduced into Ukraine, sure, it's had an impact, but there's never ever been a conflict where a state of the art weapons system was brought in and it drastically changed the course of a war, I don't see how or why it would make a significant difference.

Russia was also criticised *heavily* for using their own version of the MLRS in the early days of the war because they're not entirely accurate, whilst I understand Russia intentionally targeted civilian targets in the early days, it's pretty naïve to suggest that the Ukrainian use won't have any effect on their own civilian population, in fact, I recall when that mass graveyard was found in Izium that there was a bit of a story about how a bunch of the dead civilians there were there due to an attack by Ukrainians, which was quickly forgotten about.

Just to be absolutely crystal clear, and I've said this so many times, I do not support Russia, I absolutely support Ukraine, but I just don't see the benefit of believing Twitter as a source of information.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm not implying that it's going well for Russia, but it's definitely being overstated how badly it is going - up to 100,000 Americans fled when the draft was called for Vietnam, I'd be interested to know more about numbers, but it'll be a while before any kind of accurate numbers will be given.

As for NK, it completely makes sense, the AK-47 is still one of the best, cheapest and reliable weapons made, far superior to the M16 which the Americans used at the time, and it took a very long while for them to make anything nearly as good. To reiterate - whilst I understand that it's laughable for them to buy them from NK, NK is a complete mess, so I'd imagine the asking price is ridiculously low, so why would they not?

It's the same shit for when the MLRS was introduced into Ukraine, sure, it's had an impact, but there's never ever been a conflict where a state of the art weapons system was brought in and it drastically changed the course of a war, I don't see how or why it would make a significant difference.

Russia was also criticised *heavily* for using their own version of the MLRS in the early days of the war because they're not entirely accurate, whilst I understand Russia intentionally targeted civilian targets in the early days, it's pretty naïve to suggest that the Ukrainian use won't have any effect on their own civilian population, in fact, I recall when that mass graveyard was found in Izium that there was a bit of a story about how a bunch of the dead civilians there were there due to an attack by Ukrainians, which was quickly forgotten about.

Just to be absolutely crystal clear, and I've said this so many times, I do not support Russia, I absolutely support Ukraine, but I just don't see the benefit of believing Twitter as a source of information.

I don't 100% believe Twitter at a glance but a lot of information that has been accurate has been coming from it/confirmed via other media sources. Is there a lot of bullshit and inflated numbers on Twitter? yea, for both sides undoubtedly. At the end of the day I'm glad Russia is finally being shown for how weak and ill-prepared they are, it's just fucking sad it's being done through poorly equipped Civilians that don't even want to be on the front lines while smarmy bastards like Putin sit in a safe room somewhere because he's scared someone wants to stick a slug in his worthtless neck.

It's rare I'll wish death on a human, in Putin's case though? it can't come soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom