WAR launch in Europe

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by MagnusGOA, Sep 17, 2008.

1. MagnusGOA

MagnusGOA English WAR Community Manager

Here's a couple of minor updates from today. Just some clarifications in preparation for tomorrow, really. Tomorrow is a big day and I'll try to keep visible. Keep my WAR Europe Launch Updates post bookmarked for up-to-date information during the day.

09/17 23:30 CET - Launch: what you need to know

With only hours left to the live launch of WAR, here's a short summary of what's to come tomorrow.

Other than a wave of new players, current Head Start players aren't effected much by tomorrow's launch. No additional account needs to be created and there is no significant patches coming up tomorrow; you're good to go as it is.

If you don't have a Head Start code but you've got a launch code (WARSCE, WARSBX, WARPEA, WARSEA, WARSRE, WARSRG), you will be able to validate this code tomorrow morning around. Around 7am CET, the WAR patcher will be made available (run warpatch.exe from your WAR folder). If you're running a non-english client, a 500mb localized voice pack will be included in your patching process. At 8am CET, we will enable you to join the current Head Start servers, or start anew on a freshly opened server. You'll find the full list of Launch servers in our news.

Some advice on server selection. Some servers are simply more popular than others. During the first time after launch, queues are to be expected. If you really want to play on a specific server and this server is heavily populated, we'd advice to create an alternative character on a server with a lower population and thereby shorter queues.

We've got a battery of servers already fully prepared and basically waiting for our Monitoring Team to pull the switch, along with extra servers, should the need arise.
    In short - in order to play WAR in Europe you need

09/17 14:45 CET - All systems online
    With our new Account Management pages now online, all systems are good to go. The new features on these pages are 'My Licenses', 'My Current Subscription' and 'My Billing Information'.

European players won't actually need these features tomorrow though, as WAR will not cost anything during the close future:

• One full month of free WAR is given to all customers
    • Open Beta testers have been given 7 free days of game play as a compensation for the problems during Open Beta.
    • All Head Start players have a grace period of a few days, allowing them to continue playing their Head Start accounts before fully activating their accounts
    • All Collector's Edition owners have been given an additional 7 days of grace period as a compensation for delivery delays.
    All this free game time is accumulative and will be credited your account if you are elegible.

We will deactivate the Account Management pages during tomorrow, but will bring them back online on Friday. This is a precautionary measure taken to reduce the load on our servers during Launch Day. Throughout this time, it will still be possible to create new accounts, retreive lost passwords and validate keys. Should you have any problems with any of these features, please use our help form, and a Customer Service representative will help you as soon as possible.

Tonight is the last night Europe can sleep in peace, for WAR is upon us!

WAAAAAAAGH!!
    -Magnus

• Like Like x 1
  2. Squidbot

Squidbot Fledgling Freddie

Good stuff :)
    It's been a long wait, but worth it. So glad I'm out of the starter tier, to avoid the crowds, even though there were plenty already this week.

3. Mas

Mas One of Freddy's beloved

Looking quite forward to noobing it up in the starter zones actually.

4. Congax

Congax Fledgling Freddie

I fucking hope the WAR game I won in Leipzig is gonne be in the mail tomorrowmorning or I'm gonne have to buy one anyway :(

Req -- I'll hunt you down and dye your hair pink if it isn't in the mail!
    :p:D

5. Manisch Depressiv

Manisch Depressiv Part of the furniture

2h:12m and counting ;-).

6. Fyren

Fyren One of Freddy's beloved

I can't register a code or login, all temperary unavailable :(
    Am I to dumb to get timezones?

7. Manisch Depressiv

He wrote "you will be able to validate this code tomorrow morning around." which can mean anything really.

It's past 7 am CET, but before 8 am CET.

I don't understand what's the point "This key cannot be registered as it is not yet valid." is, they're going to put unneeded load on their system again.

Gonna be a hot Thursday me thinks.

8. legar

legar Loyal Freddie

yeah it sucks the code cant be pre-entered, thats a horrible descision, and nothing about in on the main website either.. ;(

How about people that don't run to FH to see whats going on ?

9. chillyloop

chillyloop Fledgling Freddie

I am getting a message saying the server is down.

10. Fyren

We know as much as they.

11. MagnusGOA

MagnusGOA English WAR Community Manager

Latest news: another 15 minutes to go before we open all our services.

-Magnus

12. Rothzak

Rothzak Fledgling Freddie

Ooh, arousing! :D

13. Manisch Depressiv

Hehehehe. Stop touching yourself ;-).

*runs off to make a list with names to reserve on fav. servers*

14. sxx

sxx Fledgling Freddie

still not working :(
    Cant patch
    Cant press validate code - Undefined

15. Heraf

Heraf Fledgling Freddie

After a long time away from daoc in other less fun projects. i am back here for war. To bad the website aint working yet. Smooth start :)

16. Manisch Depressiv

8:14 + 15m = 8:29 at least ;-).

17. Rothzak

You might want to read all posts in this thread mate, and get out the kleenex. :)

18. Fyren

He said 15 minutes 7 minutes ago.
    Also, goa time.
    e:f,b

19. Heraf

Heraf Fledgling Freddie

Hm good call. Thought i was patient , but seem i need to work on my waiting skills.

seeing this post reminds me to get away with my daoc chars

20. Manisch Depressiv

Roflmao...

21. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

good luck guys, have a great day :)

*crosses fingers*

22. Heraf

Heraf Fledgling Freddie

And the time has passed and nothing.

Does it show that i am anxious a bit. (Got to work this afternoon so want some fun till then)

23. sxx

sxx Fledgling Freddie

same

24. Rothzak

Bleh, give it to me baby! :(

25. Rothzak

WAR Europe site:

We have encountered some slight technical difficulties and so it has been necessary to delay the launch by one hour. The servers will therefore be opening at 9am CET. The account creation pages and code validation system will be opened at the same time.

We are sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.

:(

26. sxx

sxx Fledgling Freddie

Deleyed till 9 :/

Oh, the memories starts to come back.

27. Heraf

Heraf Fledgling Freddie

O well got some time to do some other stuff then :)

28. sxx

sxx Fledgling Freddie

I wonder how big the first patch(es) are.

29. Fyren

254 mb iirc
    Also goa owes me 2 hourse of my life :lol:

30. Manisch Depressiv

Must resist...