[INFO] WAR addons download links

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
For those that are not aware curse gaming has a war addon section

Warhammer Online Addons | Warhammer Online @ Curse.com

Some you might like

auto loot

AutoLoot | Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Addons | Warhammer Online @ Curse.com

heal grid

HealGrid | Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Addons | Warhammer Online @ Curse.com

fps

Approximate FPS | Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Addons | Warhammer Online @ Curse.com

Scrolling Combat text

Warhammer Scrolling Combat Text | Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Addons | Warhammer Online @ Curse.com

the easist way to install is to download and use the curse client installer first

Curse Client Beta - CurseForge.com

then just click on the addon and will install these automatically. The new beta curse client is compatible with both WoW and War, you will need to install this if you have both installed.
:m00:

Mod Node: Just as with anything you download from t'intarwebs - be careful you're not getting anything nasty along with it... virus checkers, adware filters, and just making sure you trust the people you're downloading from are all good things to do. If you do download an add on for the game - make sure you download it from a reputable site (e.g. the site of the person that makes the add on), if it's a collection site make sure they police their downloads for viruses etc.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
or you could *shock horror* just play it the way it was designed instead of making it play itself ?

such a stupid mentality , came from WoW, im still waiting for the "i want the program that plays my char for me to be legit" whine

auto loot ?! too fucking lazy to click something ? :p
heal grid.. l2 pay attention ?
fps..fair enough
sct..hmm, maybe

oh and apparently the curse stuff has a serious prob with it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Anyone else think the curse client is a Sontaran invasion fleet in disguise?

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
or you could *shock horror* just play it the way it was designed instead of making it play itself ?

such a stupid mentality , came from WoW, im still waiting for the "i want the program that plays my char for me to be legit" whine

fps..fair enough
sct..hmm, maybe

In that case wtf would blizz & mythic make their UI modable if they didnt want people to make the mods?....

Now granted some mods even i wont touch .... some on the other hand are very usefull.... i like the clock, i like having my spells go completely red when out of range (no thats not a L2P thats being able to easily identify and not having to fck about in the heat of battle whether i'm in range n stuff)

autoloot is just plain ease of life.... sure i only have to press shift to loot but why should i?.......

learn to properly critique posts rather than just blatantly flaming them.....

Kreuger

Fledgling Freddie
Stupid question, but what pathway should it be unzipped in?

c:\games\war\...??

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

fps..fair enough
sct..hmm, maybe

you dont have to use them if you dont want to, feel free to click the loot :)

:m00:

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
No I agree with mabs, WoW pvp became and case of gear + addons > skill. Some of the addons were game breaking and for people like me who play the game vanilla it becomes very annoying. I hope it won't be the case here but I won't hold my breath.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
The only thing I will use if it comes along is a thing to stop health bars fading.

I guess this kind of thing leads on to macro monkeys and stuff, loads of shit in the background playing the game for them.

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Mods i'd like to see

Something that keeps my healthbars visable.

A Notepad system for the guild screen, makes it easier to see who is whos alt and such.

I might install the clock aswell and maybe the buff/debuff bars since they are a tad bigger then the tiny icon under my portrait.

Mods ruined WoW ? maybe but honestly L2 live with it, without Mods there was no way I would have ever gone though all raid instances from Molten Core to Black Temple as a Healer (and later tank).

Draig

Fledgling Freddie

fps..fair enough
sct..hmm, maybe

It also has a clean unitframes UI setting which helps to lose the noddy WoW UI look the game has, so thres pro's n cons, but agree really dont need those stupid addons that WoW had that warned you everytime a boss mob was about to fart... or tell you whrn to heal etc

Mabs

yeah sorry, was in a bad mood when i posted that :D

to clarify, i dont like mods that DO STUFF, rather than CHANGE HOW THINGS LOOK
im just worried that it will be killed by the WoW mentality

the classic one for me was the healadin mod for WoW. its a macro. you press it
it :

targets most hurt person in group
casts heal that will do most benefit without overhealing

create it, spam "1", win

thats how u ruin games :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Wouldn't mind a Grid like group bar (not the one posted at the top) that shows who is being targetted by enemy players and shows only the debuffs I can cure etc.
Don't understand why people dislike mods, they help you and change the boring and sometimes weird layout from certain things.
Think most people dislike macro's and not mods as far as I see it, give a spellwarning mod imo that shows what spells being casted at you and enable you to instantly target that person to disrupt his cast etc.

Mabs

, give a spellwarning mod imo that shows what spells being casted at you and enable you to instantly target that person to disrupt his cast etc.

NO

learn to WATCH PEOPLE in rvr, learn the animations/effects , know when you need to move, when your out of range, etc.
instead of having some script tell you

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly curse has a long history of hosting infected addons & displaying virus-embedded addons. Their policy also used to be only running virus scans on a sample of new addons, rather than all of them & updated revisions.

So I will either write my own, or wait til a more secure host appears.

Personally I find it a bit suspicious that Curse was ready with addons very early on in Beta, while other addon makers were unable to even get access. It implies a degree of collusion I am not happy with.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
NO

learn to WATCH PEOPLE in rvr, learn the animations/effects , know when you need to move, when your out of range, etc.
instead of having some script tell you

I know very well how to do that but as a healer you have to watch many targets, in WoW you had such a thing and people used that in 2v2's which imo should be alot easier to watch out for stuff like that opposed to 24vs24 or zerg v zerg.
An enemy AP bar would help also to control the AP draining.

Hi troll still not banned yet? I see the mods taking their time.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hi troll still not banned yet? I see the mods taking their time.

WTF are you talking about?
I just think if you start introducing mods like the one you suggested, the game will become shit real quick. People won't rely on skill to get anything done, they won't have to learn the game.

It seems a lot of people dissed the game for being like WoW, then people want WoW like features in it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I just think if you start introducing mods like the one you suggested, the game will become shit real quick. People won't rely on skill to get anything done, they won't have to learn the game.

It seems a lot of people dissed the game for being like WoW, then people want WoW like features in it.

I think it was within 1 month of release ( chinese servers) they had done black temple, half of the ppl in nothing more than Heroic gear & blues.

how i wonder !

Light

Loyal Freddie
you guys will whinge at anything :p

dont like mods dont use em, most people do and they enhance the gameplay with things the dev's didnt think of or didnt have time to implement - e.g guild event manager, guild managment tools, raid helpers to build groups up etc. These are useful tools that make playing the game more enjoyable and theres nowt wrong with that.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
you guys will whinge at anything :p

dont like mods dont use em, most people do and they enhance the gameplay with things the dev's didnt think of or didnt have time to implement - e.g guild event manager, guild managment tools, raid helpers to build groups up etc. These are useful tools that make playing the game more enjoyable and theres nowt wrong with that.

enhance the gameplay? lol.

If the gameplay is meant to be enhanced it needs to be done in a fair and balanced way. one person with a mod that makes targeting and understanding actions easier is a cheat, pure and simple.

People need to learn to play games as they are.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

You ask I was talking about while you post a "lol"?
Atleast have the decency to reply with a solid counter argument instead of lol.
While I respect your opinion (finally in the 2nd post) I don't see how my suggestion would make the game shit real quick, it's the same as adding a Target of Target which the game lacks atm.

And who said anything about turning the game into WoW? I didn't mention anything like that I just said some mods would be nice to have from WoW it's the same as people saying that they want certain features of other games being introduced to WAR there's nowhere where I said "yeah let's ditch the PvP balance and make the end game into killing the same bosses every week!".

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

As much as I support your point, you're contradicting yourself here Mabs: Sadly the game is designed to play by itself partially and people are taking the functionality since it's in and using it.

I'd be just happy if Mxn/NixUI/GhostUI would get "ported" to Warhammer.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
At least Healgrid (can't turn it off) and Ismocasts (buffs/debuffs flashing on screen) is broken.

Didn't try the others.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
You ask I was talking about while you post a "lol"?
Atleast have the decency to reply with a solid counter argument instead of lol.
While I respect your opinion (finally in the 2nd post) I don't see how my suggestion would make the game shit real quick, it's the same as adding a Target of Target which the game lacks atm.

And who said anything about turning the game into WoW? I didn't mention anything like that I just said some mods would be nice to have from WoW it's the same as people saying that they want certain features of other games being introduced to WAR there's nowhere where I said "yeah let's ditch the PvP balance and make the end game into killing the same bosses every week!".

I apologise in that case for my first response, I just feel Mabs reply said it all.
AFAIK, WoW is over-run by macro-kiddies using scripts to do the work for them. It's not a game anymore, its a process. Target lowest HP ally > heal most effective heal spell. There isn't much difference in the script you were suggesting, and to me and I'm sure a lot of other people, consider it cheating. Like Aimbot in CS.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The only thing I will use if it comes along is a thing to stop health bars fading.

I guess this kind of thing leads on to macro monkeys and stuff, loads of shit in the background playing the game for them.

You can change it to keep healthbars on all the time... by default it only shows health bars for hurt enemies.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
You can change it to keep healthbars on all the time... by default it only shows health bars for hurt enemies.

I've tried and for me it dosen't work. Ticked all the relative boxes etc, they keep fading however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom