[INFO] WAR addons download links

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
enhance the gameplay? lol.

If the gameplay is meant to be enhanced it needs to be done in a fair and balanced way. one person with a mod that makes targeting and understanding actions easier is a cheat, pure and simple.

People need to learn to play games as they are.

With that reasoning TS and ventrillo is also unfair?

All you cheaters stop using vent and TS, name and shame now!!! :twak:

:m00:

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
My G15 keyboard tells me if im in a Senario Q on its LCD screen.

I smashed it up to make sure I didnt have an unfair advantage!

364113564_4e842149a7.jpg

Ok its not my G15 but if I could afford a new 1 it would look simular to that!

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Say no to add-on gayness. It helped to destroy Warcraft, and real men play vanilla anyway.

TS and Vent don't count, thats comms and sod all else.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
With that reasoning TS and ventrillo is also unfair?

All you cheaters stop using vent and TS, name and shame now!!! :twak:

You are being ridiculous. In a public fps game voicecomms can be considered cheating -if the server is not set up correctly and dead players "spot" for live players.

However voicecomms in mmo's as cheating? There is no unfair advantage.

You are deliberately avoiding the points being made, no matter how simple a mod is it will lead on to more elaborate mods. I would consider the heal grid thing as a cheat, it gives the player with it a faster reaction time than the player without it.

If people want to use mods then fine, but GOA should create a server that allows them, and not allow them on the core servers. I have no wish to start having to install mods etc just to keep up with the l33t script kiddies.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
You are being ridiculous. In a public fps game voicecomms can be considered cheating -if the server is not set up correctly and dead players "spot" for live players.

However voicecomms in mmo's as cheating? There is no unfair advantage.

You are deliberately avoiding the points being made, no matter how simple a mod is it will lead on to more elaborate mods. I would consider the heal grid thing as a cheat, it gives the player with it a faster reaction time than the player without it.

If people want to use mods then fine, but GOA should create a server that allows them, and not allow them on the core servers. I have no wish to start having to install mods etc just to keep up with the l33t script kiddies.

if the game though was meant to be played with Voice comms then surely goa would of added it, as you said

People need to learn to play games as they are.

so your saying that TS or vent does not give an advantage to a player who has to type out chat? if thats not the case why do people use it for target and comms during play.

if you cant see that vent TS gives an edge over in game chat then you being a bit biased in what is a unfair advantage to you.

Unless of course i am wrong and everybody on this forum agrees that TS and Vent give no advantage.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
I would consider the heal grid thing as a cheat, it gives the player with it a faster reaction time than the player without it.
No it doesn't. It's just a compact way of displaying the warband groups.

rynnor

Rockhound
No it doesn't. It's just a compact way of displaying the warband groups.

Which speeds up their job - silly to argue that people dont gain an advantage from it - Chets said a lot of sense frankly.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Before I get quite angry, I will say again, I have no problem with people that want to play with mods, just let them do it on their own server. I do not want to have to be facing people that may or may not have an advantage over me which is not offered by the game as is.

If you have ever played a game that has been crippled by hacks and mods, macros in mmos you will understand where I am coming from.

York

Fledgling Freddie
I dont care about addons that auto loot or keep health bars visible etc, but today i grouped with a player who was using an addon from curse, it automatically flagged him as permenant RvR and apprently got him through scenario queues quicker than everyone else. The part that pissed me off was as soon as i joined his public group, i was automatically flagged for RvR aswell as other group members and well not to mention I play the game legitmatly but people who use addon have priority in scenario queues? fucking exploitation if i ever heard it.

Im shocked to actually see this thread being posted on a forum thats officially used by GOA.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
its also cheating to be better then another person

all I want is a ala daoc group window, where you see everyones HP (including your own)

hate the fact when you as a healer run around keeping an eye out for everyones hp in the group, its easy to forget about your own as its not with the others, never understood why they make party groups like that, why can't we have warband1 och scenario1 enabled when in normal groups?

and also for scenario healing, fucking some in range mode on the bars, you see HP bars going up and down all the time and you have 0 qlue who is and who aren't in range to be heald, and no, its really not an option to go through everyone that takes damage to see if they happen to be in range

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Before I get quite angry, I will say again, I have no problem with people that want to play with mods, just let them do it on their own server. I do not want to have to be facing people that may or may not have an advantage over me which is not offered by the game as is.

If you have ever played a game that has been crippled by hacks and mods, macros in mmos you will understand where I am coming from.

Yes, people hacking the client to gain advantages (speedhacks in DAoC for instance) is cheating, obviously. But this is not the case of the mods in question, since they are programmed through the games API and thus is completely legitimate.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I don't understand that people complain about Grid, Does it speed up your targetting? maybe, but if your a whack-a-mole healer with your group bars you need all the help you can get really.
Ventrillo and TS do the same thing they speed up your communication so you can act faster as a group, then everyone using vent or TS should be banned also for having an unfair advantage against people with no vent or TS.

Also I played WoW for quite a bit (2200+ S3, 2200 S4, up to M'uru in PvE) and I never ever saw an addon that played the game for you like some people said and I played a healer with over 100 addons all of which were tweaks to make for instance the group window show debuffs only I could remove so all the debuffs I couldnt remove wouldnt show and I could heal through them instead of trying to remove them and wasting time.

These mods save you time (sometimes as little as 0.5 sec) same as vent saves you a couple of seconds of typing stuff like: "Inc damage on me" it also saves you time at not having to look at your chatbox so imo Vent and other voice communication save you alot more time than some addons.
I am also against mods that play the game for you but like I said I never ever encountered any addon that did that you still need to do the same things as you would do normally it just makes your life a bit easier as you can remove alot of stuff that doesn't concern you thereby having a more clear view of the battle at hand.
If thats cheating they should remove all custom UI's and be done with it forcing everyone to play the vanilla client and as far as I know custom UI's where part of DAoC and nobody ever complained about them and they did the exact same thing as some addons.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Like Andrilyn, I'd like some kind of GRID type add-on, but the one posted above is just too ugly for me :p A range check would be nice too, especially in scenarios, not really as important elsewhere - And debuff icons are just retarded. Showing only debuffs that I can cure myself would be logical.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Also I played WoW for quite a bit (2200+ S3, 2200 S4, up to M'uru in PvE) and I never ever saw an addon that played the game for you like some people said

depends how you define "addon", but i presume you know of <insert name of illegal botting program here>?

so end of the day, where do you draw the line ?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
depends how you define "addon", but i presume you know of <insert name of illegal botting program here>?

You draw the line where the game developers draw the line. If they say its a legitimate mod then it is.

Also programs such as <insert name of illegal botting program here> are the product of the game itself. In WoW the more you grind/farm the better your character becomes. <insert name of illegal botting program here> has been created because people find those parts of the game boring but necessary.

WAR has been designed so that you should hopefully be able to enjoy the vast majority of your play time. I guess you could make a very clever bot to RvR for you and although it might give you a higher RR character the whole point of the game is to RvR because its fun and not because you have too.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie

As long as the add-on uses only the available War-API it's fine (Ie. what the developers allow us to do). Everything else is memory/client cracking and tampering and should never be tolerated.

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
Like Andrilyn, I'd like some kind of GRID type add-on, but the one posted above is just too ugly for me :p A range check would be nice too, especially in scenarios, not really as important elsewhere - And debuff icons are just retarded. Showing only debuffs that I can cure myself would be logical.

I've tried CleanUnitFrames and this reminds me alot of xperl frames from wow.... very nice and simple but gives you a nice green bar for all party members HP with a % also.... plus ActionBarColor which turns the whole spell button red when out of range......

now do these give me an unfair advantage? do these go against the war api?
i dont think so but they certainly improve my gaming experience which is what matters to me!.... i WILL draw the line at script kiddie macros that heal/buff/spam then repeat.... to me that is getting the game to play for you..... the 2 above mentioned addons just improve the visual aspect of the UI, nothing more..... imo....

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
depends how you define "addon", but i presume you know of XXX so end of the day, where do you draw the line ?

No I didn't know of that <insert name of illegal botting program here> thing, but personally like you said I wouldn't define it as an addon I would define it as a bot (as far as I read the site) and I would be against any use of bot's and I believe that people can get banned for using those bot's but you can't get banned for modifying your group window and such.

It's also where I personally draw the line, if GOA/Mythic ever allowed bot's I simply would stop playing this game, same with radar and speedhacks and the likes.
However, I see no problem to have complete control over your UI and have certain addons that for instance warn you when you get low health/mana/AP, these don't play the game for you but help you out within the rules of the game as you still have to play the game in the same way as someone with no addons does and you have no real advantage over them just another personal preference in the way of looks and notifications.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I dont care about addons that auto loot or keep health bars visible etc, but today i grouped with a player who was using an addon from curse, it automatically flagged him as permenant RvR and apprently got him through scenario queues quicker than everyone else. The part that pissed me off was as soon as i joined his public group, i was automatically flagged for RvR aswell as other group members and well not to mention I play the game legitmatly but people who use addon have priority in scenario queues? fucking exploitation if i ever heard it.

Im shocked to actually see this thread being posted on a forum thats officially used by GOA.

this sounds like BS - the add-on isn't going to get him through queue's any quicker.

The only thing that might get him through queues quicker would be if flagging yourself for RvR did that - and you can do that anyway without an add-on. I've not heard anything about flagging yourself getting you into scenarios any faster though.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
On the <insert name of illegal botting program here> thing - firstly, please don't link it here, thanks :)

Secondly, it's a bot rather than an addon using the in-game LUA programming stuff.

Something like that in WAR would get your account nuked afaik.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
As long as the add-on uses only the available War-API it's fine (Ie. what the developers allow us to do). Everything else is memory/client cracking and tampering and should never be tolerated.

wot 'e said.

Personally I'd rather play the vanilla game but as long as the API doesn't allow things such as:

Press button to target lowest hp member, work out most efficient heal, cast heal.

(that someone said you can do in WoW - bleh)

I'm happy.

If the API does allow it then it's fair game unfortunately, but I'd be sending in a fair bit of Feedback ;)

So far the mods seem to be of the "magnifying glass" type - i.e. they put a big highlight over something important to that player.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I've tried CleanUnitFrames and this reminds me alot of xperl frames from wow.... very nice and simple but gives you a nice green bar for all party members HP with a % also.

I'm also using this and much prefer it over the default frames but unfortunatley it only works on your own party in scenarios and is useless in a warband

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
The only mod I'm interested in and am waiting for is a threat meter, but that's because I intend to PvE a lot and it's an invaluable tool.

In terms of the aforementioned "healbot macro" from WoW, which targeted the most hurt player and cast the most mana/heal-efficient spell on them.. that was broken a long time ago by Blizzard. It has been impossible to do that for a -long- time and was recognised as a flaw in the game/coding/whatever, so it was resolved. I think it's an out of date arguement on this topic as a result, tbh, especially since it was a macro and not an addon, as far as I'm aware, that did it.

I get people giving me grief about using addons in WoW even now anyway, so it's not just a WAR taboo these days. Only some of the highly threat-technical fights in PvE WoW finally convinced some people to install Omen (such as Skeletal Ushers in Karazhan, Gruul (and as a result any other boss with a Hurtful Strike mechanic) and Gurtogg Bloodboil). I think at the end of the day, it's a very situational thing; if you intend to RvR mostly in WAR, then wtf kind of use is a threat meter to you? You might, however, desire a more advance unit frame display or different combat text to make RvR combat more seamless. All down to the player.

You really don't want to see my WoW UI though if you're anti-addons.. I swear there is nothing remaining of the default UI anymore..

Nate

FH is my second home
Anyone seen a round compass addon? Would really like one of those. Gifv back mxn's daoc ui!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom