VW or animist?

N

Nonnier

lo all

i'm thinking of starting a new class in hibbie land.

i really want to do a new SI class, i just decide between which one, because i like tanks and casters.

so please put down pros and cons for each class, and good templates plz :)

thank you

N

Novamir

animist

pros: funky mass ownage pets with crazy DDing (highest value in game) bomber things and some wierd F5 gt turrets.

cons: pets in general a bit buggy, only one viable line (arboreal).

valewalker

pros: uber group RA when fixed, v nice end game positional styles. castable lifedrain. castable snare. although doesn't do great damage in melee, or with the DD. v nice absorb buffs making better armour than scale.

cons: much less hps than a hero, and no self buff to compensate. bad pve tanks until higher levels.

S

StormriderX

Vw's all the way specially with the loving they get in the next patch o_0

S

spankya

Originally posted by Dinfar
everything else but Animist and Valewalker ;)

I agree :)

Both classes suck in RvR tbh. Animists need to stop and setup pets and camp somewhere which u cant do much in rvr, and VWs can kick ass 1 on 1, but r pretty useless to groups compared to tanks with easy stun moves like slam.

P

Platinum

I definitely dont...

Take it from me, animists rock in rvr!
1) The shrooms leach rp from everywhere
2) The shrooms continue getting rp for your grp even if you die
3) If the shrooms cant be set up in time aborial/aboreal (daoc seem to have their spelling confused on this one) animists have an excellent DD and a pretty good aoe.

Havent you seen the death spam caused by animists in rvr??

Platinum lvl 50 Bard

T

Triskin

Originally posted by spankya
I agree :)

Both classes suck in RvR tbh. Animists need to stop and setup pets and camp somewhere which u cant do much in rvr, and VWs can kick ass 1 on 1, but r pretty useless to groups compared to tanks with easy stun moves like slam.

valewalkers got an easy stun move, , side position isnt hard to pull off , and i've seen Charewy rock in rvr so they cant be that gimped :)

D

Dinfar

Originally posted by Platinum

nope, but i have seen chanter spam ;)

N

Nonnier

hmmm, animists are sounding nice.

whats a good template for em?

S

spankya

I definitely dont...

Take it from me, animists rock in rvr!
1) The shrooms leach rp from everywhere
2) The shrooms continue getting rp for your grp even if you die
3) If the shrooms cant be set up in time aborial/aboreal (daoc seem to have their spelling confused on this one) animists have an excellent DD and a pretty good aoe.

Platinum lvl 50 Bard

As I said... Animists need to stop and setup pets and camp somewhere which u cant do much in rvr... Animist r good if u can camp but 90 of the time in rvr u r on the move. But for camping somewhere like AMG... they do kick ass and the pets dont die when the mage does which is nice.

As for VWs.. side postion stun move... when a few tanks r chasing your bard, druid, mage etc in rvr how easy is it to do a side stun move compared to slam or annihilation to get them off your bard, druid, mage? Its pretty hard, I've tried

So overall I think pbaoers r better mages and heroes/champs r better tanks in RvR groups.

But at the end of the day... who gives a crap, play what u most enjoy.

N

Novamir

actually spank they have a kickass DD now that int affects bombers =P

E

elerand

Next patch VW's get a rear 8 sec stun at 44 scythe, I've used it in it's current parry chain format on mobs and I can move to the side and AOE, which is nice :)

I haven't lvld an animist high enough to comment but they seem a lot of fun, the DD is pretty powerful and the AOE is nice, if and when the other specs are sorted out they will have some nice utility too.

N

Novamir

just be very careful if you choose animist.. it can drive you insane..

animist-flips-out-and-kills-whole-town.jpg

P

Platinum

As I said...

Animists dont need to set up camp- they have dd bombers and aoe bombers.

Do I need to keep repeating myself? ;P

Oh and btw Dinfar- you should open your eyes when you play then ;)

C

censi

all mages are a bit duff now tbh. Really most players will want to be able to do roaming RVR with there class. The animist isnt that gr8 at roaming rvr.

You will be using your dd bombers and root eles more than most things. However the slow casting times and resists will mean you will be running a lot and getting dropped in the customary mage fashion.

Oh and dont forget the good old fashioned bugs. Sometimes your bombers dont go off and just disapear but you get taxed for the mana. (happens a lot to my animist)

Only play an animist if you like the gameplay and role of the class. They arnt that deadly. But sure they have there uses.

L

LordjOX

Valewalkers :D
pros: lifedrain, insta dot (to interrupt casters etc.), will get insta snare in 1.62, 8 sec stun move at 44 scythe (works like annihilation, 1.62 tho), good sidestun with pbaoe proc at 3rd part of chain, absorb buff and get that cool looking grim reaper look. scythe, robe and hooded cloak :grin:

cons: high miss rates, not very group friendly, suck in RvR (pre 1.62), cloth armor for low AF.

suggested spec: 44 scythe, 38 arb, 10 parry (either go 50 scythe, 18 parry) or increase parry to 30

VW's are fun to play with tho :D

N

Nonnier

VW are sounding alot better now :)

god damn you all, your not making this easy for me!!

S

spankya

As I said...

Animists dont need to set up camp- they have dd bombers and aoe bombers.

Do I need to keep repeating myself? ;P

Oh and btw Dinfar- you should open your eyes when you play then ;)

pbaoe is greater than area bombers :p

And yes repeat yourself more :D

Users who are viewing this thread