(rvr) Animist

E

Ekg

What are there role in rvr? I mean can they performe well in grps? Or are they only good at siegeing? It would be strange if they sucked in grp's cause they have a nice dd,petdd and ae dd... please give me som answears :)

O

old.Thanatlos

They take a lot of time to set up their capabilities which in rvr isn't time for because of insta's and interrupts. only way an animist could be very useful is when he's left unattended which will rarely happen since mages go down first usually.

P

Pempulla

Animists can rock in normal RvR too. One of the strongest caster classes actually.

Interrupts etc. are all caster classes problem and 3 sec. is a common casting timer for many spells. Animist can get MoC and MotA just as well as an enchanter or eldritch.
A verdant spec animist even has (insta cast?) DD pbaoe spell (to aid e.g. a normal pbaoe chanter/eld). In addition to this the animist has an absoption buff to aid the tanks and support classes in the grp (that can be cast beforehand and is of the 'standard' 10 min duration).

The animist 'spec RA' although on 30 min timer, is probably reasonably strong too...

But, yes: Verdant spec is the way to go imo.

A

adari

Originally posted by Pempulla
Animists can rock in normal RvR too. One of the strongest caster classes actually.

Interrupts etc. are all caster classes problem and 3 sec. is a common casting timer for many spells. Animist can get MoC and MotA just as well as an enchanter or eldritch.
A verdant spec animist even has (insta cast?) DD pbaoe spell (to aid e.g. a normal pbaoe chanter/eld). In addition to this the animist has an absoption buff to aid the tanks and support classes in the grp (that can be cast beforehand and is of the 'standard' 10 min duration).

The animist 'spec RA' although on 30 min timer, is probably reasonably strong too...

But, yes: Verdant spec is the way to go imo.

The verdant line is full of bugs. The pbaoe is not insta, and low lvl, so it will be resisted lots. Apart from that you have to cast it on a shroom, which makes it unusable in RvR unless you know where an enemy is going and you have ~11 spare seconds to set it all up.

Arboreal however does have the best delved castable dd and ae dd of the game, as well as rooting turrets, which are probably the most usefull turrets in the game.

The anismist spec RA is just a DD shroom, nothing special, it used to do nothing at all, not sure if they fixed it yet.

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by adari
The verdant line is full of bugs. The pbaoe is not insta, and low lvl, so it will be resisted lots. Apart from that you have to cast it on a shroom, which makes it unusable in RvR unless you know where an enemy is going and you have ~11 spare seconds to set it all up.

Arboreal however does have the best delved castable dd and ae dd of the game, as well as rooting turrets, which are probably the most usefull turrets in the game.

The anismist spec RA is just a DD shroom, nothing special, it used to do nothing at all, not sure if they fixed it yet.

Well, the verdant line can be full of bugs, but at least the best animist I've had the pleasure to grp with in RvR, was Verdant spec: and he was just great.

A

adari

Well, the verdant line can be full of bugs, but at least the best animist I've had the pleasure to grp with in RvR, was Verdant spec: and he was just great.

So what did he do? apart from spamming buffer turrets?

A

Amadon

:lol:

E

Ekg

why does animist have to have long casttime on the turrets? I mean why cant they have a 2 sek timer, its still hard to use them in rvr..

A

adari

Originally posted by Ekg
Can anyone ask me why animist have to have long casttime on the turrets?

Why do animists have to have a long cast time on turrets?

S

Spudgie

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Amadon
:lol:

lols I just got it too, the animist in question is truly great imo

S

sheph

Animists are good.

The problem is savages and bein a mage.

S

sweetleaf.

Good class but do struggle in 1fg v 1fg.
They are a fun class to play due to the fact u have a few tactics available.

Just have to be lucky enough to live more than 10 seconds, if you are that lucky then you can make a real impact.

But i find the root pet by far the best. Especially when the Bards mezz is purged, can really cripple a tank group with 3-4 rooter spamming a 1.13m root, even with determination get 20-30 seconds which is always nice.

The 225 spec arboreal dd is nice but against high rr you will only hit got 250-300 which kind of suck but with the con debuff you get a little extra which is nice.

One thing i have learnt always spam a few shrooms first. if you dd, you tend to get a tanks attention pretty quickly and with the current resist system a good tank will tank take 15 dds no problem with IP.

Like all caster classes ok in zergs and keep def and attack.

H

Hothnog

Animists are just a fun class to play, Verdant spec is good for a team player so can buff ya them that extra 9% absorb, aprt from that ya just turret spam, maybe to odd aoe root bomb, good thing about bombs tho, ya spam away at ya target they leg it back into a keep, then ya just wait for the DM coz the bombs chase them to where they sat :)

Users who are viewing this thread