animist and ???? duo

K

kloker

I'm thinking of making an animist with menta or bard duo. I don't know wich of them to pick pick tho.

The bard got confuse/power song/buffs
The mentalist can dot/stun/crack

Wanna know if someone else did this and what they think is the best duo.

L

Lessurl

Don't forget menta's also have hot (which generates no aggro) to heal up any of the shrooms that get aggro on them.

As to your main question, i haven't tried the duo but if i was doing it i'd probably opt for a mana ment. Mostly because you have some offensive power aswell to speed things up or to try and kill things off should it go wrong. Also you'd have a better mana regen at most levels helping to make levelling faster.

/edit oh, and you could use a buffbot for buffs, making your bard pro that they have buffs obsolete.

N

-Nuked-

nerf the word crack! its pot!

worse then saying drood!:rolleyes: :p

O

oblivion_6

you just dont like us saying crack coz it gets you itching for a batch ya cockney geeza :p

O

old.Kerosene

I'd say Animist (Arb) and Animst (Creep) would be a solid duo. bugger of a downtime but makes up for it in pure mob carnage.

J

justintime

Creeping anamist (for extra F&F pets, and the dd/snare pet)
Mana/Mind ment (for confuse, dot and pot)

Is a rather amazing duo. Confuse makes aggro go out of the window, and a creeping anamist can already chain solo reds, the ment makes it easy and efficent (confuse = no kiteing).

B

Bord

I have both a Mana Ment and a Bard, and IMO the best combo if farming in frontier (e.g. Leps) is Bard.

2 Reasons:

1] Buffs on controllable pet do help, and high level (low resist chance) confuse is better on bard.

2] In frontiers, lots of stealthers around killing mage farm grps. A scout can drop mages without them even working out where he is, however my bard sprints at him, shouts insta mez and keels him. (Oh and I can go rez my dead animist friend then loool)

As an aside, we tried an odd setup I read about on VN boards with Bard, Animist and Eldy. Set up a full rack of lowbie debuff pets, and pulling Crim Fins, bard confuses and eldy PBs in safety.

We cleared the entire camp in 10 mins, and was amusing if not as effective as a focus (yawn) grp.

Mana ments rock (I agree), but you still stuck with the paper doll syndrome, where a mob looks at you funny and you're face down. Also, no rez.

Just my twopenneth

Bord (50 Bard)
Mentaller (42 Ment)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom