Animist spec

S

shadybrack

got a lvl 40 arb animist and thinking about final spec, i could go

50 arb 20 verdant path

and get the final aoe dd in arb dmg 178

or 49 arb with 22 verdant path

this gives doesn't gimme the last aoe dd (gives the 151 dmg one)
but it does give the lvl 22 pet pbaoe of 102 dmg

not sure what way to go was thinking the dd aoe has its uses but if u can't see the target u can't cast it, but if for instance u are defending a keep and they r on gate 2 u can pop a few pets down and use the lvl 22 pet pbaoe and hit them through the door, any suggestions of a nice final spec? :/

S

Solarius

IMO speccing Verdant as a secondary for the pb is not a good idea. Bear in mind, the spell will be cast at the spell level, as if cast by the pet with 75% spec in that line. Not 100% certain which of the following applies, but it'll give you an idea:

1) Effective Spec = pet level *75% = 44*0.75 = 33 at 50th, meaning there is a 66% chance of the spell hitting (most likely, though it's difficult to judge as pet classes do not get feedback on pet damage)

2) Effective Spec = Spec *75% = 22*0.75 = 16.5 at 50th, meaning there is a mere 33% chance of the spell landing (some players have reported this observation)

Heres a handy forum Animist Class Forum

Edit: Forgot to add, if you're planning Verdant as a secondary spec to Arb, since the damage potential of Verd is limited to say the least, the best spells to spec Verd for are the Abs buff bombers (9% abs for 15s at 20th) and the ablative turrets. Bear in mind though, the long and short duration abs buffs do not stack!

O

old.Reno

I could be wrong here, but I think this spell is also not affected by your acuity. There are also reports that this spell does not interrupt.
If both of these claims are right, you're left with a very poor spell, only good for very minor damage on a doorhitter.
So test this with an animist that has some verdant spec, then decide whether you want to spec for this spell.

Danita

M

Mirhen Morkir

The most common RvR specced Shroomer is specced :

Arb 50 / Creep 19 / Verd 7

This is my spec, and I love the flexibility it provides both in PvE and RvR. As for the Verd spec, don't bother with it above the first Bubble.

The Pet PBAoE is cast without any caster bonuses as at the level of the pet (44 at 50) and therefore is reknowned for doing less damage than it's delve value, some report that the value is near half the delve value.

Also for keep attacks you can target the gate and use your Arb AoE bombers, in defenses you can get FnF shrooms planted outside the keep walls with little risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom