DAOC Uthgard

What Realm would you like to see the FH guild roll on.

• Will be playing with others.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Old faces... would be fun but don't care much. If it only brings self-centered bitter people back that cry about the most stupid of things. Was enough of that type back on Excal/Pryd/Dyvet.
Although I guess most have mellowed out after being angsty teens 15 years back.

What I like about Uthgard atm is that there is lots of new faces that are really enthusiastic about playing the game and playing together! Even though everything is getting wiped in some months.
Have even seen a few total newbs try out which is refreshing and sometime hilarious. Getting lost in Snowdonia and such

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
It has been refreshing seeing all the life around Fort Atla. Random people just stop, heal and buff (what they can) you and then move on. Lots of people looking for groups for Nisses Lair. There have been some obvious buffbots, even though that is against the rules, but I honestly don't see a problem (might be because I used to have two.. cough..).

All in all, a good experience so far. I'm level 8 now! :D I just have to remind myself that there will be a wipe, so I'm not investing too much right now. I will also greatly miss SI until they get that ready.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
How can they work out if you use a buffbot or not? I certainly wont be but how could they tell?

I mean, i have 2 computers and ive got my gf to try play it aswel as myself. Lets take the worst case scenario that she goes afk for 10-15 maybe 30 mins to do food or what ever and I had to take control of her character aswel as my own.

Would that be classed as botting? What if somebody complained assuming that it is botting when in fact that person just went afk for a short while?

All im saying is that how will they know you are being buffbotted if you use 2 or more computers.

I just hope somebody dont abuse or find away to use bots in game

Anyway just thoughts

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Different computers, hard to tell without bringing many false positives.

Mostly it will be players reporting players for botting, kinda hard to hide. Only effective in PVE anyways, buffs have a 5000 range.

Besides, noone wants unfair competition and it is against the server rules. So bet on it not being prevalent.

Afran

Part of the furniture
How can they work out if you use a buffbot or not? I certainly wont be but how could they tell?

I mean, i have 2 computers and ive got my gf to try play it aswel as myself. Lets take the worst case scenario that she goes afk for 10-15 maybe 30 mins to do food or what ever and I had to take control of her character aswel as my own.

Would that be classed as botting? What if somebody complained assuming that it is botting when in fact that person just went afk for a short while?

All im saying is that how will they know you are being buffbotted if you use 2 or more computers.

Anyway just thoughts

Your almost exact example situation was given on the Uthgard forums. You using her character whilst she was afk would be considered botting; and to tell you are different players people reported things like being dragged to a square room and having the characters perform actions at the same time such as mirrored running in a figure eight.

From what I heard, these people were only ever tested once and played for years afterwards on the same IP etc.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Anyway just thoughts

They can work it out sadly, tried it before by using the girlfriend excuse as well. Basically their logic is; if it's not 100% active at the same time as you are = banned. So you can't leave it standing around or stuck to you etc. Also, you have to tell them if 2 people on your IP want to play on the server iirc so they can check that one isn't a bot.

It's the sole reason I don't play on Uthgard, I leveled on old Uthgard on hib, the no buffbot thing is good and I can see why they want to enforce it because it makes it super social.. BUT for people who aren't interested in groups and enjoy soloing, its just pap.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Same, would make something Hib though.

Are buffbots allowed?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Gonna level with 3 friends, we're gonna do Druid -> Ment -> Chanter -> Bard, focus pull level, once we're 50 gonna farm for a bit then level some RvR characters.. prob gonna make a Nightshade or Melee Ranger. I did want to go Alb though but they don't want to :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Tempting @BloodOmen, but all I have at the moment is a macbook pro, one kid and one on the way, a wife, a thesis to defend in a month and then a full time job to take care of

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tempting @BloodOmen, but all I have at the moment is a macbook pro, one kid and one on the way, a wife, a thesis to defend in a month and then a full time job to take care of

Wish I could have a full time job, sadly agoraphobia has seen to that. Can't say I miss my old job though, listening to people from Liverpool sing pop songs while you fit massive doors in factories is the worse form of torture i've ever had to endure.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Daoc on a Macbook Pro works just fine with Fusion. If you have a decent macbook with a separate graphics chip that is ;)

CorNokZ

Daoc on a Macbook Pro works just fine with Fusion. If you have a decent macbook with a separate graphics chip that is ;)
I have a five year old standard model, lol. How are you doing mate? Still playing?

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
I have a five year old standard model, lol. How are you doing mate? Still playing?
Im good. Still playing ofc. Right now on Uthgard beta. But being very casual player I'm still low level. Think highest char is 19.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Playing on Alb, mighty lvl8 Theu called Mirixd. My GOD it feels slow to level. Also I'm naked aside from a staff, that doesn't seem right. Somehow still enjoying myself though. You old whore, DAoC.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Playing on Alb, mighty lvl8 Theu called Mirixd. My GOD it feels slow to level. Also I'm naked aside from a staff, that doesn't seem right. Somehow still enjoying myself though. You old whore, DAoC.

Don't need anything except for a focus staff to level theurg though really ;D same with necro lol

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
The lower levels on alb lacks a lot of itemization

Item loot especially at lower levels seems unbalanced. My hib character had more gear dropped at level 6 than my lvl 15 mid has ever come across, starter levels in mid are very empty when it comes to loot. Not sure if this is intended or just that the proper loot tables and content has yet to be added in full.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It was always shit for loot in the early days, at all levels. Not ideal but that's vanilla :) DF fixed it pretty much, coupled with crafted stuff.

CorNokZ

Killing shit in DF to get at least some armour at level 32.. Those were the days!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Item loot especially at lower levels seems unbalanced. My hib character had more gear dropped at level 6 than my lvl 15 mid has ever come across, starter levels in mid are very empty when it comes to loot. Not sure if this is intended or just that the proper loot tables and content has yet to be added in full.

Yeah a lot of lower level mobs don't drop the loot tables they should. Some examples are Grove Nymphs, Tomb Raiders in Salisbury Plains. These are for the level 15 ish range. On my sorcerer I got the first dropped item at level 25. Still have not gotten a focus staff either. Need DF for that, which albs haven't seen much of as of late.

Also on another note, group xp is quite a bit off. Especially noticeable 40+. Almost painfully so

eksdee

FH is my second home
Rerolled to a Cabalist because @Afran is a bitch, is there anywhere online with a guide to classic focus pull spots 18-40? Somehow I feel like that kind of info might be a bit niche in 2016 but worth an ask.

CorNokZ

Rerolled to a Cabalist because @Afran is a bitch, is there anywhere online with a guide to classic focus pull spots 18-40? Somehow I feel like that kind of info might be a bit niche in 2016 but worth an ask.
http://daoc-maps.info/index.php/frontiers-of-nf/old-frontier/albion-of

I just found this and I think it is absolutely brilliant! Put on the farmspot and you'll have an incredible xp guide to the frontiers. The Legionnaires south of Renaris is golden from 30-38 with a matter cabalist. You simply send the pet in on passive, without focus shield, using 'go to target' and get as many legionnaires to agro it as possible. When the pet dies, all the mobs will be stacked nicely together, so you spam ae dot and start kiting. When you get yellow dot this spot actually feels like you're powerleveling yourself. Mids and hibs are well aware of this though and you might experience a lot of visitors. But the spot is golden, nevertheless.

Found this on Uthgard forums:

17/18: Ghoul camps in the NW of Avalon Marsh are good camps. Later levels you can tackle the 3-4 spawn camps with focus damage shield and AOE DOT. –note Caer Witrin has a cabalist trainer

18-22: Skeletal Centurions on the path to the Roman House in Cornwall, move on to Bears and Muryans.

18-22: Tepok’s Mine, but pickings are slim and agro is a bit hairy here.

19-25: Keltoi Fogue, a very good dungeon for these levels. You can solo much of the opening room and such then work your way down. Loot here is for all classes, so look out for the caster loot and snatch it up!

20-21: *FRONTIER ZONE*AForest Sauvage. Mostly Hill giants, but some trees as well.

20-22: Boulders in Snowdonia Border Keep

21-24: Cornwall Hunters behind Cornwall station

22-24: Elder Beeches in Cornwall

23: Legionnaire Patrols on the way to the Roman House in Cornwall. Weak to body Nukes and drop good loot.

24-30: Darkness Falls, various forms of necyomancers, and the spindly ghost creatures of each type are good. Plated fiends have a lot of HP and hit rather hard for their level. Demoniac familiars are also good they drop seals as well. –note: Darkness Falls is notorious for its agro. You will want to WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING! Look to the ceilings as well, demons fly about up there.

26: The Bwga in Llyn Barfog, don't agro and good camp bonus

26-29: Cornish hens, bucca (drops a cab robe), and giant skeletons. Then move to moor boogies and legionarius.

28-50: Stonehenge Barrows. In the beginning group up around the entrance, then down to barbarian room. From there you can go to echoes groups, vigilant souls group, and various high level mobs deep in barrows. –note: Aggro is nasty here and can turn bad quickly so learn your way around.

29-32: Dartmoor Ponies, don't agro and are good exp.

29- 33: Faerie Frogs in Salisbury Plains during the day, at night skeletons come out. They aren’t very hard. –note: AOE DOT is a must here, and skeletons drop loot for cabalists here.

29-32: Dunters in Lyonesse

30-42: Undead monks in Llyn Barfog

31: *FRONTIER ZONE* boogie men behind the Albion Portal Keep in Emain. Good exp, good loot, aggressive however so be careful.

33-25: Pygmie Goblin Groups in Lyonesse

32-35: Farmers and Shepards in Lyonesse, or Hamadryads in Cornwall.

34: *FRONTIER ZONE* Arawnites in Snowdonia

40: Pygmie Goblin Groups except smaller than before in Lyonesse

40: Darkness Falls Tempter room. They pull solo plus good cash and emerald seals.

43: *FRONTIER ZONE* Fellwoods in Pennine Mountains, they have a damage shield, but it hits for only 20-30 damage.

44: *FRONTIER ZONE* Grannies in Emain, find a spot up the hill to avoid getting killed by RvR.

44: Danoin Clerks and Pealeadhs in Lyonesse

44/45: *FRONTIER ZONE* Cliff Crawlers in Forest Sauvage and Pennine Mountains. Stay on the east side of the hill. Pull far away from camp as they do call for help.

45-50: Diamond Groups in Darkness Falls, however cabalists have a hard time getting groups.

45-50: *FRONTIER ZONE* Angry Bwca Camps in Pennine Mountains

46: Tree groups in Lyonesse

46: Pygmie goblins, you will want to get a fire wizard partner now because Mythic has added a buncha HP to these buggers. They don't die in one AOE DOT now.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
The inner frontier zones are quite active - at least in beta. Mids/hibs come check the forest giant / hunter / tree areas quite often, because there are more likely people there than not.

Oh and if anyone here needs free stuff on alb, /send Uncron if I am on. I have collected various bits for at least 30+, slashers, cloth, chain, all sorts. Ask me and I can check

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom