DAOC Uthgard

What Realm would you like to see the FH guild roll on.

• Will be playing with others.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Are we going to have an announcement re. the guild?

Gonna delay it slightly so the actual release date is closer and then discuss setting up a guild and how much interest we'd genuinely get.

I could imagine organising everything and then people running of and doing things in their own groups, so I want to try and avoid that.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Shame a lot of old players don't visist these boards anymore though, since there'd be a lot more interest in it then. oO

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
From the video I didn't see any animists? But bds and necros are working?

Gwadien

From the video I didn't see any animists? But bds and necros are working?
We have noticed a few players making inquiries about Shrouded Isles - please remember that the SI expansion will not be available during BETA or the relaunch. We will be releasing Shrouded Isles as an expansion in the future and at this moment in time are not putting our focus on it until we see it being suitable. The Shrouded Isles classes and races will be available.

from ze forumz.

CorNokZ

Ah great. Shame the SI zones aren't available. Almost each and everyone of them are so epic

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Would enjoy joining up for some old-school nostalgia. I do wonder, after such a long break, if the old DaoC feeling will be instilled or not.

CorNokZ

Would enjoy joining up for some old-school nostalgia. I do wonder, after such a long break, if the old DaoC feeling will be instilled or not.
Last I played was a classic freeshard server. You get more attached to your characters as you put way more effort into them than on the regular servers. Also, it is fun reexploring the old zones, you almost forgot existed. Getting ROGs or rare drops are also much more thrilling

Gwadien

Last I played was a classic freeshard server. You get more attached to your characters as you put way more effort into them than on the regular servers. Also, it is fun reexploring the old zones, you almost forgot existed. Getting ROGs or rare drops are also much more thrilling

'omg omg omg, got a bracer that gives me dex and not cons/str as a caster, yay!'

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Mucked about in the beta this weekend. /who showed around 1300 with ~450 on mid where I played a runemaster. Lots of people checking out the nostalgia.

Gwadien

I noticed the 1500 population too, pretty incredible for a beta that'll be wiped.

I'll do an informal poll through this post - rate it (However you want) if you would join us - I'll make another thread at a later date too.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Was going to try it myself but thought nah, 2 swedish friends invited me to their Bard + Warden group, they wanted a blademaster, really couldn't be arsed to level on Uthgard again though :p

Ambulance

One of Freddy's beloved
Spent some time in Hib this weekend aswell. Crazy amount of people on! had around 400 in Hib most days.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Hi all, think I might try this if anyone needs another player

Carnalito

One of Freddy's beloved
Come join the fun on Uthgard guys, currently in Beta but it will go live soon enough!

:D

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Wish I had time to fully put into this, but I'll give it a go nonetheless! Midgard or Hibernia, can't decide :eek: (first post here in almost exactly 2 years, oh the times)

Carnalito

One of Freddy's beloved
Wish I had time to fully put into this, but I'll give it a go nonetheless! Midgard or Hibernia, can't decide :eek: (first post here in almost exactly 2 years, oh the times)

Yeah, i feel you man.. I have 2 kids theese days no chance i will/can go all in on this one.
It's been quite some time for me since i last prowled theese forums too, lol

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Not sure about alb or hib. I tried mid, but it just seems alien to me.
Leveling is just as I remember it, though. Takes a lot of time ;)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
currently playing alb i played hib to death and frankly mid never appealed to me im not going mega all out lvl a char quick as poss like some on the server seem to be doing but im plodding along trying classes main in is a pally called chipper tho

Ambulance

One of Freddy's beloved
Yep, xp rate is about as classic as it gets! coming from live you would notice it more than from Genesis. hour or so to get to lvl 5 with kill tasks for me as i keep getting lost! had no problems with getting groups though as pop is still high in Hib between lvl 5-20. Gonna give Mid a go next and then maybe Alb, theres nothing on Alb i havnt seen before though. Server is ok. Buggy on mob spawn and item drops in some areas, but its Beta and they have a long way to go. The attraction for me is the population at the moment, easy enough to login and grab a few levels when i feel like it.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Pretty fun when you pass level 5 as well, lots of people LFG. Doing slavers in salisbury plains, good times

CorNokZ

Pretty fun when you pass level 5 as well, lots of people LFG. Doing slavers in salisbury plains, good times
Ahh those were they days. Bring a couple of catapults to Salisbury Plains, set one up at each fairy camp and then just hurl massive rocks into them. Was sick. After a few levels you'd move onto the bridge and then final mercenaries. Golden days that

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
It's pretty nice actually and it should be really fun with so many playing! I'm gonna wait after the BETA ends before I put more time into it because it's really oldschool when it comes to time you need to invest, the levels are a real grind.

Himse

FH is my second home
It's pretty nice actually and it should be really fun with so many playing! I'm gonna wait after the BETA ends before I put more time into it because it's really oldschool when it comes to time you need to invest, the levels are a real grind.

Doing exactly the same. I'll play when the Beta is done.

CorNokZ

Beta - 6 months
Development - 3 months
Further tests - 1 month
Release - August 2017
SI release - October 2019

This would not surprise me

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
1252 ingame now 1 week after beta start. Currently level 25 on sorcerer and having a lot of fun. Even reported some bugs.
Trying out armsman now for a change.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I also have been playing over the weekend trying various things and I must say... enjoyed it very much just like the old days.

What I find refreshing is the amount of people grouping up unlike live servers where the social aspect is non existant.

You get the feel of pride knowing nobody can hop realms.

Met some new and old faces in game already and I am sure with the word spread I am sure many more old faces will appear.

Ive already got a fair few people interested again.

Looking forward to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom