News US School massacre

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have now decided that when people start on about a ban on guns in America I am just going to campaign for America to hurry up and invent the technology to bring gun death victims back to life. That is more likely to happen than the 250+ million legal guns and the xxx illegal guns being taken off the streets in America.

I was speaking to my uncle at the party last week and he knows a few yanks that work on Mildenhall air base. And one of them Roy is the nicest guy, he has told us before about how his son is a crack shot with a handgun at 8 years old. It seemed wrong but Roy decided that if there was going to be a gun in the house he did not want his son thinking it was a toy. So until his son had learned to respect and use the hand gun he took it out of his house.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Did anyone see the. .at goddam last...intervieww with the government troops in Syria..they actually listened to...gasp...their opinion of the civil war.
It was quite chilling..an ordinary soldier said...these people are not freedom fighters...they are part of a workd wide jihad movement..and they will be coming for your country next in any way they can.
I just do not understand why we are suporting these frickon looney.religous nutballs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't understand how you can agree with Thumes Exioce - I "facepalmed" him because his post actually doesn't make any logical sense (and aside from that carries the usual spelling mistakes that I used to put down to laziness or comedy writing but now think it's because he lacks a grasp of English - "bin" for "been" is a regular in his posts).

Just look at this:
So how come one side is armed to a far higher degree then the other?

Which "sides" are they, exactly, Tuthmes?

It's a public-on-public shooting. The public are just as well armed as themselves - so the public can't be armed to a far higher degreee than themselves.

Hate to say it old chap - but after reading your recent posts I worry you'd have difficulty finding your ass with both your hands...

rynnor

Rockhound
Scouse said:
Hate to say it old chap - but after reading your recent posts I worry you'd have difficulty finding your ass with both your hands...

Be nice - its nearly santamas :p

Goodwill to all men etc.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You've got a point though, hence my rabid anti comments. However it may just be down to not 100% english, I dunno.

I'll think of you antis on boxing day when I go to the Gatwick shooting school christmas shoot, when we all eat mince pies and with each other a happy christmas. I'm sure one of these very conservative check shirt clad middle aged types is going to go on a rampage any minute now :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
You've got a point though, hence my rabid anti comments. However it may just be down to not 100% english, I dunno.

I'll think of you antis on boxing day when I go to the Gatwick shooting school christmas shoot, when we all eat mince pies and with each other a happy christmas. I'm sure one of these very conservative check shirt clad middle aged types is going to go on a rampage any minute now :)
Probably will. Been working on a soul destroying office for years, house about to get repossessed and wife fucked off. I'd go on a rampage.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Probably will. Been working on a soul destroying office for years, house about to get repossessed and wife fucked off. I'd go on a rampage.

That's quite socially astute. But cliche'd. (pissed, can't figure out how to spell that).

Fact is - the checked-shirte-d loser would most likey go home and cry or blow his own head off before hurting anyone else.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I don't understand how you can agree with Thumes Exioce - I "facepalmed" him because his post actually doesn't make any logical sense (and aside from that carries the usual spelling mistakes that I used to put down to laziness or comedy writing but now think it's because he lacks a grasp of English - "bin" for "been" is a regular in his posts).

Just look at this:

Which "sides" are they, exactly, Tuthmes?

It's a public-on-public shooting. The public are just as well armed as themselves - so the public can't be armed to a far higher degreee than themselves.

I'm not English, nor does my Firefox have an English spelling checker. So when in doubt I need to lookup words. So yes, you might call it laziness. I could be drunk aswell, who knows. It gets very tiresome to look everything up though. But good to see you've added the typo's, spelling and grammar to the gun arguments now.

Anyways, I quoted rynnor:

Massacres occur when one side is armed to a far higher degree than the other.

Unless you can somehow remove weapons from all criminals (which is impossible even here in the UK) then you need to arm the other side.

Ask him about the "sides".

I dont understand your; "the public are just as wel armed as themselves" argument though. And it's not my English.

NB. Ill try to write bin as been, but some habbits are hard kick.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Seems reasonable enough.
that's the thing: everything D-FENS wants is perfectly reasonable. At least to him (and to a lot of other people too I guess).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
500 people have died in the US since the shooting from bullet wounds...300 of them suicides..theres no denying that having a gun to hand increases the chance of extreme emotions ending up in a death.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The people of the free republic of the USA need more rocket launchers to defend themselfs from harm. Moar!

soze

I am a FH squatter
That video helps prove making guns illegal makes fuck all difference most of the guns in the buy back are illegal street weapons and some of them there looked very massacre friendly.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's a cultural difference and it's not going to change soon (unfortunately IMO).

A comparison would be drink-driving in the UK. There was a time 30-40 years ago when it was seen as something that was the cause of some road deaths but put up with. After a couple of decades of public information films and police enforcement, drink-driving is seen as an unsociable activity and is generally frowned upon by most people.
The same thing is trying to be done with smoking at the moment with less success. Drink-driving leads to visible consequences (crashes, injury/death, jailtime). Smoking leads to consequences as well but the outcomes aren't as visible and are stretched out over a longer timescale (decades to develop lung cancer).

Trying the same approach in the US simply won't work because public opinion is already biased in favour of weapon ownership (it's in the Constitution).
Even if owning assault weaponry was somehow made unsociable and frowned upon, it wouldn't change the fundamental right to "bear arms as part of a militia". That would take rewriting the US Constitution and not a single politician would *dare* try that.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Trying the same approach in the US simply won't work because public opinion is already biased in favour of weapon ownership (it's in the Constitution).
Even if owning assault weaponry was somehow made unsociable and frowned upon, it wouldn't change the fundamental right to "bear arms as part of a militia". That would take rewriting the US Constitution and not a single politician would *dare* try that.

Except, as I pointed out in a earlier post, it very nearly did work. Gun ownership went into a huge decline in the US between the thirties and the sixties, and ownership of a handgun was seen as something that only dodgy people did by the fifties. The explosion in personal gun ownership is a function of marketing and fear politics (also ultimately a function of marketing).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Quite the "michael bay" style video there, with lots of propaganda for sure, BUT...that being said, if i lived in america i'd prefer armed professionals around.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sounds like he wants everything to be investigated which makes sense....he may not think that video games cause violence but for the sake of completeness it needs looking into.

Only once you have ruled things out can you then focus on the real issues.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It would be good to have a final answer on it so we can bury that particular dead horse already. Or sell it to tesco.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Only once you have ruled things out can you then focus on the real issues.

This is a distraction from the real issue.

The real issue is that the US government wants to take the guns off the people - and the constitution of the US gives them the absolute right to own them.

This is going to be very hard for them - so what the US Government is going to do is chip away at their rights of firearms ownership, slowly, over the decades. In 100 years the people will wake up and their gun ownership will be practically nonexistent and effectively useless for it's constitutional use...

Chilly

Balls of steel
It would be good to have a final answer on it so we can bury that particular dead horse already. Or sell it to tesco.
What if it's true? I'm desensitized to violence because of movies, games and the internet. I don't know if that makes me more likely to actually BE violent but I suspect it probably does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom