Transformers!!! (Sorry)

leggy

Probably Scottish
All of you haters can fuck off and watch Nintendo robot play soggy biscuit with Johnny five.

I can see why you are struggling with the movie though, Its best watched with your heads out of your arse.

Or maybe it's personal preference.

Some of us don't like no-brainer, kids action movies. I should have known better than to watch it but I was hoping for a batman begins style remake.

Next time I'll leave Tranformers movies to the kids.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I have no doubt it is about personal preference. People that liked it said so, the people that disliked it said so.

However if you thought for one second you needed to have a brain to watch Transformers the movie.. Not much else to say is there :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
just to be a winging cvnt, but what it is with the idea stylists have that girlies showing a builder's crack is ok? did she purpously get her undies a size too small? did she suddenly go up two sizes before the photoshoot?

WTF. are you some kind of closet homo? stfu, look at the picture and get aroused like the rest of the male population :eek:

:fluffle:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I was hoping for a batman begins style remake.

Seriously? It's Transformers. Its robots that turn into cars. Its toys and a kids cartoon. Its Michael Bay! Why on Earth would you expect Dark and Angst-ridden? I think Battlestar Galactica is having a worrying effect; we seem to think the bright artefacts of our childhoods should be reinvented for us, completely ignoring the fact that these programs were originally designed for children. As it was, I think it got away with being a kids' film that still entertained the adults. I'm amazed anyone would even expect a serious plot. I switched off my brain, laughed where I was supposed to and enjoyed the ride. But then again, I never grew up with Transformers (I was down the pub by then) so it doesn't press many nostalgia buttons for me.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
stfu, look at the picture and get aroused like the rest of the male population :eek:

gah, next time you'll be claiming under-arm hair is ok :eek:

and back-hair :eek:

and wearing dungarees :eek:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Nowt wrong with dungarees!

So sez oor wullie!

wullie.jpg

leggy

Probably Scottish
Seriously? It's Transformers. Its robots that turn into cars. Its toys and a kids cartoon. Its Michael Bay! Why on Earth would you expect Dark and Angst-ridden? I think Battlestar Galactica is having a worrying effect; we seem to think the bright artefacts of our childhoods should be reinvented for us, completely ignoring the fact that these programs were originally designed for children. As it was, I think it got away with being a kids' film that still entertained the adults. I'm amazed anyone would even expect a serious plot. I switched off my brain, laughed where I was supposed to and enjoyed the ride. But then again, I never grew up with Transformers (I was down the pub by then) so it doesn't press many nostalgia buttons for me.

I never expected it. I was harbouring some inane fantasy obviously.

In any case. It's about moving with the times and the original audience. 20 years on, is it too much to hope for some hint of adult content? Harry potter is for kids but the recent films still manage to make it dark and adult enough in order to be enjoyed by the older generation (not including old people who think harry potter is cool).

Aada

Part of the furniture
Or maybe it's personal preference.

Some of us don't like no-brainer, kids action movies. I should have known better than to watch it but I was hoping for a batman begins style remake.

Next time I'll leave Tranformers movies to the kids.

Nah i think its just people like you who know that your not going to like the film from the start yet still go to see it anyway just so you can say you have seen it and slate it.

Seriously what was you actually expecting? it was an action movie nothing else action movies don't have amazing scripts and they never have but they are fun to go and watch.

Bay did what he does best which is action movies.

Aada

Part of the furniture
If the movie had all talk and no action you'd still slate it.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Nah i think its just people like you who know that your not going to like the film from the start yet still go to see it anyway just so you can say you have seen it and slate it.

Go away you trolling little child. What do you honestly get out of this continual baiting?

I was hoping it would be good. It wasn't.

Maybe if you got off your arse and lived in the real world for a couple of days you might develop more of a clue.

(And don't tell me that the army is the real world please)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Go away you trolling little child. What do you honestly get out of this continual baiting?

I was hoping it would be good. It wasn't.

Maybe if you got off your arse and lived in the real world for a couple of days you might develop more of a clue.

(And don't tell me that the army is the real world please)

I know what the real world is thanks and yes the army shows you some reality you fucking spoon fed tit.

It wasn't trolling just an observation, theres always people like you around who go to see every single fucking film that comes out knowing full well its too poor for their standards and still slate it.

Seriously your type is well known.

You'll probably go see Evan Almighty at the weekend and come back saying the whole thing was dire and how their was no script blah blah blah.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I see films because I happen to enjoy them. My type may well be known but I suspect the name for that type doesn't begin with a C.

You take everything said against any of your interests as a personal attack. It isn't.

Try engaging brain before shedding a tear over the next xbox360/tranformers insult.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I see films because I happen to enjoy them. My type may well be known but I suspect the name for that type doesn't begin with a C.

You take everything said against any of your interests as a personal attack. It isn't.

Try engaging brain before shedding a tear over the next xbox360/tranformers insult.

I know its not a personal attack but admit it you go to see films you know you will probably hate yet still see them and slate it.

You knew 1 week before the film came out probably that it was just a action popcorn movie yet you still went to see it and slated it.

Your the one who needs to get real not me.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Let me explain something:

There is a difference between a popcorn movie and a shit movie.

Transformers was shit.

Spiderman 2 was a popcorn movie (and not shit).

(and I apologise about my army comment. I realise there are actually good people who have been in the army that might take offence)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I have my cock out in anticipation for the schadenfreude's reply.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
(and I apologise about my army comment. I realise there are actually good people who have been in the army that might take offence)

You're forgiven, shut up Bazza and keep arguing, I am filming this for Youtube.

DaGaffer

I never expected it. I was harbouring some inane fantasy obviously.

In any case. It's about moving with the times and the original audience. 20 years on, is it too much to hope for some hint of adult content? Harry potter is for kids but the recent films still manage to make it dark and adult enough in order to be enjoyed by the older generation (not including old people who think harry potter is cool).

I don't think that's a relevant comparison; Harry Potter is supposed to get more 'mature' as he (and his original audience) grows up, just like in the books. I'd actually say the last book could hardly be considered a kids book at all! As for Transformers, there was a hint of adult content, it was just a hint you didn't like very much that's all. Its like I said earlier, there's a whole generation of people who feel they 'own' their childhood icons and think that films or remakes etc should be designed exclusively for them; which is pretty naive, Hasbro want a new generation to get into the toys after all...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
action movies don't have amazing scripts and they never have but they are fun to go and watch.

There is such a thing as a decent action movie that tickles more than just your "ooo pretty explosion" reflex. Michael Mann tbh.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I don't think that's a relevant comparison; Harry Potter is supposed to get more 'mature' as he (and his original audience) grows up, just like in the books. I'd actually say the last book could hardly be considered a kids book at all! As for Transformers, there was a hint of adult content, it was just a hint you didn't like very much that's all. Its like I said earlier, there's a whole generation of people who feel they 'own' their childhood icons and think that films or remakes etc should be designed exclusively for them; which is pretty naive, Hasbro want a new generation to get into the toys after all...

Sorry I forgot you were in marketing and that the whole world seems to revolve around it now. I do see your point though even if I find it offensive that big budget films should be used entirely as a sales medium.

I couldn't comment on the 'mature' harry potter as I haven't read any of the books. I'd be surprised though if any of them could be considered as adult or 'not for children'.

As for me 'not liking the adult content'; I'm not entirely sure what content you are referring to. When I say content I don't mean cheap gags (urinating on a man's head etc.). I mean the underlying theme or some way for an adult audience to relate to the overall film. Do I have to start naming other so called kids films that have managed this successfully?

I was obviously expecting too much and should know better.

DaGaffer

Sorry I forgot you were in marketing and that the whole world seems to revolve around it now. I do see your point though even if I find it offensive that big budget films should be used entirely as a sales medium.

The irony of this comment in relation to Transformers of all things makes me smile. You do know the toys came before the show, right?

leggy

Probably Scottish
The irony of this comment in relation to Transformers of all things makes me smile. You do know the toys came before the show, right?

You are almost a semi-intelligent version of Aada. Your self righteousness is borderline embarassing. By virtue of your statement, all movies based on a commercial product of some description are automatically classed as an over priced advert. This is, of course, complete bollocks. And that fact that you paid money to watch the film while believing this is nonsense.

You don't seem childish yet you continually revert to cheap insults when you disagree with someone. Grow up.

It doesn't really matter what I say, you'll both come up with an irrelevent argument in order to put me down. It doesn't make the movie any better.

Aada

Part of the furniture
You are almost a semi-intelligent version of Aada. Your self righteousness is borderline embarassing. By virtue of your statement, all movies based on a commercial product of some description are automatically classed as an over priced advert. This is, of course, complete bollocks. And that fact that you paid money to watch the film while knowing this is nonsense.

You don't seem childish yet you continually revert to cheap insults when you disagree with someone. Grow up.

It doesn't really matter what I say, you'll both come up with an irrelevent argument in order to put me down. It doesn't make the movie any better.

LOL your one to talk werent you the one taking pot shots at me in the old films forum about xbox?

Take some of your own advice for once.

You talk complete shit.

Not gonna bother with this thread anymore you ruined it.

DaGaffer

You are almost a semi-intelligent version of Aada. Your self righteousness is borderline embarassing. By virtue of your statement, all movies based on a commercial product of some description are automatically classed as an over priced advert. This is, of course, complete bollocks. And that fact that you paid money to watch the film while believing this is nonsense.

OK, first, where's the insult? I think your sneery "marketing" jibe was the first attempt at an insult in this conversation. Second, name some other movie based on a "commercial product of some sort". All I've said, repeatedly, is that you seem to have a very unrealistic set of standards for a toy-based action movie.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I dont mind people having different views to myself, however as DaGaffer has already covered.

Most of you slating the movie went into the cinema expecting something that just was not going to be. You then come out and rip the movie to shreds based on what you thought the movie should have been like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom