Transformers!!! (Sorry)

Ono

Part of the furniture
I loved it. But then, I'm a sucker for Michael Bay films in general; the filtered sunsets, the slo-mo, the heart rendering speech by the president of the USA (although Prime did it this time) .... all part of the package.

Die Hard 4? I was watching it last night but fell asleep after Maggie Q left stage right.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Me + Die Hard 4 = Yippy-ki-yay Motherf***er :D

Talivar speaks the truth.

Tbh, everyone has points that I agree with :x *Prays for better sequel*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sequel has Soundwave in it.

And probably(oh i'm gonna kick bay's a** if not...:eek:) Galvatron.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Dreadful. Waste of £6.20 and countless minutes of my life.

Like everyone else, the trailer looked so promising. I thought "wow, they're gonna make this transformers, but with an adult spin... but how will they do that with a 12a".

The dialogue was woeful, the plot was guff and predictable (can't expect more tbh, so i'll wash over that), some of the scenes were cringe-worthy (the garden scene for example). To echo what has already been said, it was for kids, nothing more; had to have a simple minded, easy to follow plot for the kids. The film didn't echo any of the darkness from the trailer. It was disjointed, some of the scenes didn't link well; it was just all over the place.

It seemed to take half the film to get going, as if the first half was just padding things out?

Wasted opportunity for a film.

However, I did like that Camaro, only because i've got a hardon for V8's at the moment.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Saw it today.

Liked it, but it did have its bad points as have already been mentioned (the overly-long garden scene, the shaky cam, having all the robots look too similar so that it was difficult to tell them apart (particularly with the shaky cam), lips!), but overall I was happy paying my £5 to see it.

Harry Potter on Tuesday!

:p

Aada

Part of the furniture
I thought it wasn't bad but the 1980s movie owns it big time.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That was the wankiest film I have ever seen. I haven't wanted to leave a film so badly for a long time. Only that my mates appeared to be enjoying it stopped me.

Utter utter shite, and I will never be fooled into watching tripe like that again.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Sequel has Soundwave in it.

And probably(oh i'm gonna kick bay's a** if not...:eek:) Galvatron.

If so, that means it'll be a remake of the original movie, and so featuring Soundwave, Ultra Magnus, Unicron and Hotrod.. and I'll probably cream my pants ;)

Buuuut I've been told that they're actually planning to do three movies, and the third will in fact follow the storyline of the original.. makes sense because they need to flesh things out if they plan to follow that storyline.. and I think the kid in this movie is in fact the dad in the original movie.. but then again this is from a friend and I have no idea where he got this from :eek:

If they just follow the original to the letter and aim for similar visuals via CGI, it'll be absolutely, frigging awesome.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Am I the only person who liked the garden scene? :(

I feel like the guy who genuinely waved at the Nazi's when they invaded Paris

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If so, that means it'll be a remake of the original movie, and so featuring Soundwave, Ultra Magnus, Unicron and Hotrod.. and I'll probably cream my pants ;)

Buuuut I've been told that they're actually planning to do three movies, and the third will in fact follow the storyline of the original.. makes sense because they need to flesh things out if they plan to follow that storyline.. and I think the kid in this movie is in fact the dad in the original movie.. but then again this is from a friend and I have no idea where he got this from :eek:

If they just follow the original to the letter and aim for similar visuals via CGI, it'll be absolutely, frigging awesome.

Just in case...

Soundwave is definetly in the next one, as bay himself said he didn't want soundwave ruined in this movie because it's a "new thing". Which is an ironic statement considering what he DID do in this movie. Anyhoo, galvatron wasn't even in the original movie. He was, if i remember correctly, brought to life after that in a distant planet where his body landed.

After which the whole "scavenging for energy cubes" thing started. Galvatron was the bigger f*ck off version of megatron, changing into a cannon that shot planets basicly :D

His "resurrection" would fit this new line of movies. Since the bodies were dropped in the deepst part of the sea, with pressures basically squeezing them into one lump of metal, galvatron could be one to rise from there with some soft of "power of the cube" etc. And as all the metal would've been squeezed together, it could be an US enough explanation to the "dumb" crowd on why he's such a(even bigger) bad-ass.

But, galvatron was born way after optimus got snuffed, and was again resurrected, and flew the burial ship into the sun, destroying the threefaced mofo's etc etc :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Was OK but I was left with the feeling that it all went too quickly. Like the storyline was rushed through. Maybe there will be a directors cut DVD with an extra 30-40 mins in it.

I know Bay's films usually are quite pacy but this just felt too fast.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Am I the only person who liked the garden scene? :(

I feel like the guy who genuinely waved at the Nazi's when they invaded Paris

I did not mind the garden scene. But as I also said earlier I did not go into the cinema expecting a film which has robots who change in vehicles in it, to have a script worthy awards.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just in case...

Soundwave is definetly in the next one, as bay himself said he didn't want soundwave ruined in this movie because it's a "new thing". Which is an ironic statement considering what he DID do in this movie. Anyhoo, galvatron wasn't even in the original movie. He was, if i remember correctly, brought to life after that in a distant planet where his body landed.

After which the whole "scavenging for energy cubes" thing started. Galvatron was the bigger f*ck off version of megatron, changing into a cannon that shot planets basicly :D

His "resurrection" would fit this new line of movies. Since the bodies were dropped in the deepst part of the sea, with pressures basically squeezing them into one lump of metal, galvatron could be one to rise from there with some soft of "power of the cube" etc. And as all the metal would've been squeezed together, it could be an US enough explanation to the "dumb" crowd on why he's such a(even bigger) bad-ass.

But, galvatron was born way after optimus got snuffed, and was again resurrected, and flew the burial ship into the sun, destroying the threefaced mofo's etc etc :D

waaaaaaaaaaaa?????????????????

Totally wrong.

Megatron who was killed in the original movie was brought back to life by UNICRON you know the big ass mother fucker who eats planets.

UNICRON made Megatron into Galvatron.

Optimus got killed in the movie also.

Starscream also got killed in the movie by Galvatron.

Sheesh any Transformer fan knows this its basic stuff.

Calaen

For once I can agree with Aada.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Seriously if the guy just remade the original movie he won't go wrong.

Don't know about anyone else but was kinda annoyed that Devastator (probably one of the most famous/favourite Transformers in any TF fans mind) was a tank.

They could have gave Blitzwing that and the constructicons could have been in the movie and formed Devastator.

But personally i didn't think it was a crap movie at all sure it had its mistakes but i think Bay did well.

Least he actually had the balls to start the movie in the first place am sure alot of directors looked at it and chickened out.

Anyway have just ordered the entire G1 series off Amazon can't wait till that arrives.

Calaen

Seriously if the guy just remade the original movie he won't go wrong.

Don't know about anyone else but was kinda annoyed that Devastator (probably one of the most famous/favourite Transformers in any TF fans mind) was a tank.

They could have gave Blitzwing that and the constructicons could have been in the movie and formed Devastator.

But personally i didn't think it was a crap movie at all sure it had its mistakes but i think Bay did well.

Least he actually had the balls to start the movie in the first place am sure alot of directors looked at it and chickened out.

It can only get better, had he of put everything in that ever happened people would be complaining that it was on for to long, or that Optimus prime was in sea salt blue instead blue :p

He had a decent bash at it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It can only get better, had he of put everything in that ever happened people would be complaining that it was on for to long, or that Optimus prime was in sea salt blue instead blue :p

He had a decent bash at it.

Well lets face it he had to please the casual audience first because they are what is going to make the film money not the hardcore fans.

Anyway if Soundwave isn't his original Tapedeck with Ravage/Laserbeak etc then he shouldn't bother putting him into the movie.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Well lets face it he had to please the casual audience first because they are what is going to make the film money not the hardcore fans.

Anyway if Soundwave isn't his original Tapedeck with Ravage/Laserbeak etc then he shouldn't bother putting him into the movie.

QFT :D

And again on the original film plot with the Mega/Galvatron + Unicron thang.. fricking love that movie.

I don't think they can really avoid the constructobots in a future film.. they present far too awesome an opportunity to have some fricking uber fightage.. without shakeycam(!). It is a shame they used devastator already though - somehow I'd completely missed that, pretty stupid, but hopefully they'll just sidestep that in the future.. =/

If they are going to do the original, which would be amazing, I really think they need another movie to further things along a bit more in terms of story and wtfs going on.. and hopefully iron out the problems with the first.. so fingers crossed for a trilogy :)

And seeing as they were willing to include the somewhat annoying (but I liked..) infiltrator decepticon, I think they've got no reason to cut ravage and laserbeak :]

I also hope they love the lips and bring back the mouth-visor thangs :touch:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I wasn't disappointed personally because I got exactly what I expected from it, i.e. it was never gonna be the same as the original.

I did have some "oh shit!" moments while I watched it though
  • tearing jazz in half, god fucking damn bastard fuck shit wankers.
  • some of the dialogue, it was funny when Megatron said "you've failed me again Starscream".
I think it's unfortunate that they've basically glossed over a lot of the old school back story, but then they were always going to. You can't explain the hatred between Megatron and Starscream in the 60 seconds in between some action. They could have spent a lot more effort on the destruction of Cybertron though, maybe a few nice scenes with a number of the other characters engaged in battle (e.g. Wheeljack, etc).

I admit though, I did hate the "can't see nowt but a blur" special effects though. I was also less than impressed with the "can change what they transform into" parts

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the film was ok but 2 points annoyed me.

1) The transformers music/song isnt in the film

2) They tried to make the S7 group comical, and added humour where it wasn't needed and just ruined the whole experiance.

I cant really comment on story line as I dont remember much of it, I havent watched or played with anything transformer related in over 20 years :).

Aada

Part of the furniture
QFT :D

And again on the original film plot with the Mega/Galvatron + Unicron thang.. fricking love that movie.

I don't think they can really avoid the constructobots in a future film.. they present far too awesome an opportunity to have some fricking uber fightage.. without shakeycam(!). It is a shame they used devastator already though - somehow I'd completely missed that, pretty stupid, but hopefully they'll just sidestep that in the future.. =/

If they are going to do the original, which would be amazing, I really think they need another movie to further things along a bit more in terms of story and wtfs going on.. and hopefully iron out the problems with the first.. so fingers crossed for a trilogy :)

And seeing as they were willing to include the somewhat annoying (but I liked..) infiltrator decepticon, I think they've got no reason to cut ravage and laserbeak :]

I also hope they love the lips and bring back the mouth-visor thangs :touch:

The original will always be the best.

NOTHING I MEAN NOTHING will ever beat Prime transforming to The Touch by Stan Bush and proceeding to knock 7 seven bells of shit out of any Decepticon that got in his way and then taking on Megatron.

Best scene in any film ever and the music omg the music just takes it away.

Btw someone nuke Mutemaths home because his version of the Transformers theme SUCKS.

Anything other then G1 transformers sucks balls i don't care what anyone says.

Apprently they didn't add Soundwave to the movie because kids in this generation don't know what Tape Decks are, only IPODS hahaahaha sad just fucking completely SAD.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Apprently they didn't add Soundwave to the movie because kids in this generation don't know what Tape Decks are,

Actually the real reason is a more "normal" one, that is, Bay didn't want to ruin Soundwave by adding him to this "introduction" movie and wanted to save "the cooler ones to the sequel".

I'm guessing, we're gonna see a blaster/soundwave fight in the future :worthy:

leggy

Probably Scottish
Apprently they didn't add Soundwave to the movie because kids in this generation don't know what Tape Decks are, only IPODS hahaahaha sad just fucking completely SAD.

Do you remember owning an 8-Track? You probably haven't. Does that make you sad? No it doesn't.

Technology is a function of generation and availability.

Let's face it. If there was a transforming tape deck in the movie I would have asked for my money back.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And in this "storyline" transformers can take any shape or form(basically dependant on the amount of metal their "original" form had), so blaster/soundwave being a cd boombox wouldn't be a problem.

though if they bring blaster in, he better be riding shotgun in hotrod! :eek:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Do you remember owning an 8-Track? You probably haven't. Does that make you sad? No it doesn't.

Let's face it. If there was a transforming tape deck in the movie I would have asked for my money back.

My point exactly about the casual viewers thing.

I can't see Soundwave being anything other then another tank/chopper whatever i mean seriously anyone wanna see his dignity get blown away by being an Ipod?

I can actually just imagine what it will be like.

Apprently the Dinobots will be in the next one but i do not believe that at all.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i never watched the cartoons when i was little but i loved this film and now will probably watch a couple to see what all the fuss was about :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter

I remember having an 8-track :(

BTW - shittest and nerdiest thread ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom