Top Gear

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I find them fairly boring and plasticy inside.

*ahem*. American cars have terrible interiors. Japanese do some really nice interiors (and really funky ones too).

Attachments

• corvetteint.jpg
    corvetteint.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 6
  • lexuslfa int.jpg
    lexuslfa int.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 88

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Noble - bonkers, but would you own one?

Yes, but given the choice i'd much rather take the Lexus LFA over any other car out there... :)

*ahem*. American cars have terrible interiors. Japanese do some really nice interiors (and really funky ones too).

Aye, but american cars are mostly built for the american market, at least when we are talking "super cars", or in their case, muscle cars.

So as long as their cars go really fast in a straight line they are happy, shoddy interiors or not...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looking at that, the Corvette ZR1 and the Viper ACR seem to have made it round the 'Ring faster than Japan's finest, and I've heard the 'Ring has a corner or two. The 'Vette C6 has been getting praise from journos and car fans all roun the world, and the Viper might handle like its drunk, but its just so damned special.

But then, I don;t really like Jap cars. I find them fairly boring and plasticy inside. I'd have an NSX Type-R, and a Lexus LF-A, but that's about it. The rest do nothing for me. Too much Too Fast, Too Furious imo.

I get your point, however this should be considered...

ZR1 = £120,000 U.K. price direct from Corvettes website.
Viper ACR £110,000 U.K. price for the 8.3 litre kitted out version that ran the Ring.

Both immense cars with stunning Ring times but both costing £40,000-£50,000 more, the GTR is incredible for the price it drives faster than an Enzo and handles better too. Pretty amazing for a 3.8 litre engine that develops under 500hp, it is beating 6 litre 650hp Ferrari monsters. The yank muscle cars are packing 6.2 litres and 8.3 litres respectively and have massive amounts of extra horsepower over the GTR and yet they only managed to beat it by 2 and 4 seconds?

The GTR is something very special, every motoring journalist worth their salt agrees. The price, the performance, the finish. It just works.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Why did no-one offer to buy me a new car then? You guys are so insensitive.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Himse, known for talking out of his arse.

I think what he means is that TVRs do need outlandish servicing costs to keep them their best, but so does every other 400 bhp V8 supercar.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
So....

Ferrari
Lamborghini
Maserati
Alfa Romeo
TVR
Corvettes
Vipers
Noble

All shit then are they? Really?

I feel about the GTR a similar way I do about the R8, technically impressive, but leaves me utterly cold, and its far too big imo. There have also been some deeply worrying stories of massive bills and terrible service from Nissan on them, so I woud personally steer clear.

And again, like the R8, I'd pocket the change and buy and M3, and get used to looking at the road ahead through the drivers window. Or maybe save up an extra 15k and get the M3 GTS. Or a Corvette ZR1. Or a Viper.

Argh too much choice...

Way to take shit out of context, they are all fine but they are supercar producers for the mostpart, i am referring to car manufacture in general in terms of reliability/quality and usable power.

That being said if i was buying a supercar i would be headed to Sweden

Himse

FH is my second home
Himse, known for talking out of his arse.

Yep, of course.

Viper is a lovely car don't get me wrong, but it's just known to have poo handling.

Also, TVR's are definitely known to break down, that's their little thing, as well as a middle age crisis car.

Then again, when you don't leave your desk, you only know what you read on the internet.

Himse

FH is my second home
I think what he means is that TVRs do need outlandish servicing costs to keep them their best, but so does every other 400 bhp V8 supercar.

Yes, pretty much. Alot of things tend to go wrong on a TVR, but they are apparently wicked fun and i'd still have one personally.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Way to take shit out of context, they are all fine but they are supercar producers for the mostpart, i am referring to car manufacture in general in terms of reliability/quality and usable power.

That being said if i was buying a supercar i would be headed to Sweden

Well we agree on one thing, if my Euromillions came up I would be straight on the hunt for a Koenigsegg. Utterly utterly bonkers, and so f'ing quick.

Himse

FH is my second home
Well we agree on one thing, if my Euromillions came up I would be straight on the hunt for a Koenigsegg. Utterly utterly bonkers, and so f'ing quick.

:clap: Beautiful car.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
well my little lad's just spent most of the last 30 minutes in tears watching those 3 idiots driving around on their trains. I dont think I've seen him laugh so much in a long time.

Lethul

FH is my second home
List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looking at that, the Corvette ZR1 and the Viper ACR seem to have made it round the 'Ring faster than Japan's finest, and I've heard the 'Ring has a corner or two. The 'Vette C6 has been getting praise from journos and car fans all roun the world, and the Viper might handle like its drunk, but its just so damned special.

But then, I don;t really like Jap cars. I find them fairly boring and plasticy inside. I'd have an NSX Type-R, and a Lexus LF-A, but that's about it. The rest do nothing for me. Too much Too Fast, Too Furious imo.

Vette's and Vipers are damn ugly tho.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
The scripting is approaching the point of farce......

AND I DON'T CARE!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What things?

Buying one, fucking loving it, realising life's too short for shit cars then divorcing your wife for a 25 year old who loves to fuck on fibre glass bonnets.

So yes, that's what can go wrong with a TVR.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Buying one, fucking loving it, realising life's too short for shit cars then divorcing your wife for a 25 year old who loves to fuck on fibre glass bonnets.

So yes, that's what can go wrong with a TVR.

If that's wrong, then I don't wanna live anymore.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I saw a few Kernigzegs (I ain't bothering spelling that) at Goodwood, to be honest I didn't find them all that attractive. The new Pagani though, my God that looks special. The photographs don't do it justice, in the flesh it looks beautiful.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Vette's and Vipers are damn ugly tho.

Wouldn't say that, the 1996 GT Viper is one of the best looking cars out there, the newer ones get too curvy look a bit naff. First episode of TG I have watched in a while, the train bit was good, fast forwarded through pretty much the rest of it.

1627-1996-Dodge-Viper.jpg

Lethul

FH is my second home
Wouldn't say that, the 1996 GT Viper is one of the best looking cars out there, the newer ones get too curvy look a bit naff. First episode of TG I have watched in a while, the train bit was good, fast forwarded through pretty much the rest of it.

1627-1996-Dodge-Viper.jpg

Guess we will just have to agree that we disagree.

It looks fat and to big, just like American cars tend to do :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You've heard things that are total bollocks then, haven't you? Because the common engine faults to be found in TVRs aren't anything like "pistons & rods going".

Do yourself a favour, stop listening to "mates in the pub" who've never even seen a TVR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom