Top Gear

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
New series of Top Gear about to start on bbc2 for those that give a shit

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Great stuff. I'm particularly moist about the BMW 1 M coupé.

Corran

Part of the furniture
thanks, think i missed last series. But it been no where as good as the old days so probably no loss. lol

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Bah only just seen that its on will have to watch it on i player :)

P.S
Top gear one of the best shows on the beeb :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
that thing Hammond drove @ the beginning was nuts :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Jimmy;3770772 P.S Top gear one of the best shows on the beeb :P[/QUOTE said:
oh bold statement there, beeb do the best docus in the world fact. oh and Dr who ;)

But yes i do love Top Gear

JingleBells

FH is my second home
This e-type he drove past is owned by Martin Brundle:
027vo.jpg

AbKqt.jpg

The E-type is such a gorgeous car

bainteor

Banned
Yea like the picture JingleBells posted, although I'd prefer a red one.

I just think it looks nicer. A '59 Ford is quite nice too.

With regards to Rock Hudson, he's a legend, who wouldn't like him? xD

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
the e type is such a thing of beauty.

If I had a time machine I'd go back and buy a few, so I could seal it away and come back to now and drive them around.

stick your electronic filled 21st century pieces of crap up your asses, not a patch on cars from the e-type's era.

bainteor

Banned
Straight men.

A joke I hope :). I appreciate his service to Hollywood - don't forget he was one of the actors of the Golden Age.

To the poster above, it was indeed a great era for the aesthetic side of car manufacturing. Nothing beats the 50s in that department though.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I got a Ford CMax last month, its got blacked out windows, its the nuts.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Another series of this shite?

ugh.

Agree. If they can freshen it up then it might go back to being good tv. The last two seasons have been gash, does not enthuse me to watch at all.

I think it may just be because Clarkson has turned into a boring, annoying, self righteous old twat IMO.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
the e type is such a thing of beauty.

If I had a time machine I'd go back and buy a few, so I could seal it away and come back to now and drive them around.

stick your electronic filled 21st century pieces of crap up your asses, not a patch on cars from the e-type's era.

I have one in Gran Turismo 5. Don't think much of it.
/expert

ECA

I am a FH squatter
On the other hand, the 240zg '71 is a fucking beast :d

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yea like the picture JingleBells posted, although I'd prefer a red one.

I just think it looks nicer. A '59 Ford is quite nice too.

With regards to Rock Hudson, he's a legend, who wouldn't like him? xD

No. Just. No. Funnily enough I'm not the biggest fan of the e-type (I think it goes a bit wrong around the wheel arches, although it gets better with the V12 version, and the fixedhead version doesn't work for me at all), but comparing it to that monument to chrome and excess is like comparing the venus de milo to Shrek.

A joke I hope :). I appreciate his service to Hollywood - don't forget he was one of the actors of the Golden Age.

To the poster above, it was indeed a great era for the aesthetic side of car manufacturing. Nothing beats the 50s in that department though.

Nonsense. Ask any car designer and they'll tell you there were two Golden Eras in car design, the thirties and the sixties. The 50s had a lot of experimentation, a lot of excess (in America) but not a lot of beauty; personally I think Harley Earl has a lot to answer for, and took American car design down a black hole its never really escaped from (not to say there aren't some great American cars, just nowhere near as many as there should be).

Now that's a beautiful car.

I got a Ford CMax last month, its got blacked out windows, its the nuts.

Oookaaay. You do know driving a people carrier means your life is over right? I know, because I keep looking at S-Max's :(

I think it may just be because Clarkson has turned into a boring, annoying, self righteous old twat IMO.

Well he was always annoying and self-righteous.

On the other hand, the 240zg '71 is a fucking beast :d

And pretty much designed to out e-type the e-type (although Jag had moved it up market by then). 240Z is a fine car, shame its successors were shite (until the 300ZX in the late eighties).

bainteor

Banned
It is just opinion I guess. I can assure you if you ever had the pleasure of driving these cars you'd understand :).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It is just opinion I guess. I can assure you if you ever had the pleasure of driving these cars you'd understand :).

I have. In the dim and distant I used to work for a classic car magazine (actually a few classic car magazines). I've driven a lot of "classics", including a couple of E-types and quite a few old American cars (mainly more sporty stuff like Mustangs and a Dodge Charger, but I've had a go in a 1959 Lincoln Continental, and a way cooler 1961 version, and a 1954 Chevy Bel Air). I tend to find driving American cars does not add to the experience...

European cars from the 50s and 60s are still crap by modern standards, but there's a few I still wouldn't mind owning, whereas there's no American car that I could put on my drive without camping up the place. Generally, European=Classic, American=Kitsch.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
We can all agree that the e-type speedster is a thing of beauty though right? :D

eagle-e-type-speedster-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom