Top Gear

Lethul

FH is my second home
Pull your head out your arse, internet warrior.

Difference is, TG my gran likes to watch, she says its "funny" . Says it all, it's scripted ballocks and same old car review template and unfunny one liners. None of the trio can drive, they are purely journalists, a pro drives the car that Clarkson tests, that's why you never see him in an outside shot

FG is about cars, Tiff is ex F1 driver and a awesome driver, Plato is BTCC champ and Vicki is a racing instructor. They are all awesome drivers and are very good at reviewing cars. Car enthusiasts watch FG, people for scripted drama watch TG.

YouTube - ‪James Toseland Vs Tiff Needell‬‏

Proper reviews.

Then again you just listed why i prefer Top Gear. I don't really care about cars, I think the Top Gear cast is fun to watch tho. :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
FG is about cars, Tiff is ex F1 driver and a awesome driver, Plato is BTCC champ and Vicki is a racing instructor. They are all awesome drivers and are very good at reviewing cars. Car enthusiasts watch FG, people for scripted drama watch TG.

Riiight. Clarkson can't drive. Riiight. You do know that he (and May) were car journos long before they were on TG don't you? I've seen Clarkson drive, more than once, (I've actually been in a race with him back when the original TG website was launched) he can drive, end of story.

I don't really give a toss about which show you prefer, but as I've known a lot of these car journos down the years (at EMAP and at the BBC), I do know you're talking out of your arse about their abilities or otherwise.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
So what if its Drama? - it's funny as fuck, and so what if it's scripted, the trio are hilarious in my view, if you wanted a car review, go on the internet, they don't see theirselves as being serious, like they said in last episode 'it was actually a programme full of car reviews!'
For a grown man to find that funny every week, is rather odd? What season now? I bet its the same ole template.

Jimmy Carr is funny, Clarkson isn't.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Pull your head out your arse, internet warrior.

The point you miss is that I know what I'm talking about. When it comes to talking about bamboo houses full of hookers, then I'll ask your advice.

it's scripted ballocks

Just about everything on television is scripted.

None of the trio can drive, they are purely journalists, a pro drives the car that Clarkson tests, that's why you never see him in an outside shot

Incorrect on every point.

FG is about cars,

No, it's North One trying to compete with the massive success that Top Gear is, on a fraction of the budget. Where TG leads, FG follows.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
The point you miss is that I know what I'm talking about. When it comes to talking about bamboo houses full of hookers, then I'll ask your advice.

Just about everything on television is scripted.

Incorrect on every point.

No, it's North One trying to compete with the massive success that Top Gear is, on a fraction of the budget. Where TG leads, FG follows.
You know what your talking about? Never seen any evidence from the so called experts? your full of shit and wrong on every point, nothing but a internet warrior.

Yawn, I should not punish I should help educate what natural selection missed. Won't insult back it's the internet, can be warrior irl.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You know what your talking about? Never seen any evidence from the so called experts? your full of shit and wrong on every point, nothing but a internet warrior.

I've worked in television as a freelance cameraman for nearly twenty years. So yes, I know what I'm talking about.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
For a grown man to find that funny every week, is rather odd? What season now? I bet its the same ole template.

Jimmy Carr is funny, Clarkson isn't.

Do you even watch it?

It's different things, every week, there's always completely different things every week, its hilarious, as someone said before, idc about the cars, I watch it for the humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8q

Tell me you didn't laugh at this; I dare you.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Do you even watch it?

It's different things, every week, there's always completely different things every week, its hilarious, as someone said before, idc about the cars, I watch it for the humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8q

Tell me you didn't laugh at this; I dare you.
I'd find it funny if it wasn't staged on a big budget.

I've worked in television as a freelance cameraman for nearly twenty years. So yes, I know what I'm talking about.
Wtf does that have to do with cars? And the comparison of race drivers and TG/FG. I'm not interested on a industry lenses, your camera labour and not a director or writer / producer / editer for a reason.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH

Wtf does that have to do with cars? And the comparison of race drivers and TG/FG. I'm not interested on a industry lenses, your camera labour and not a director or writer / producer / editer for a reason.

Some1 has to say this.

Jesus Christ Gimmly you're a tool.

Enough said.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

You made several claims about the production of FG and TG that are demonstrably incorrect, and then proceeded to tell everyone that I don't know what I'm taking about.

I think you should go back to eating Farley's Rusks, you're clearly not fit to hold an intelligent debate.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What I liked about last night's show was it had a little bit of everything and little bit less silly:

- the Evoque review that actually told me everything I needed to know about it
- the McLaren review that made me sit up and go "wooow, want!"
- Vettel ffs, still getting big names into the show
- a reasonable section on "look what you could spend £7k on" which I found very interesting to watch given my "something for the weekend?" comment in the Audi R8 thread

Top Gear has one important thing over Fifth Gear; it's cool. Fifth Gear will never be cool and it'll never get big names on it. I do know that's got nothing to do with cars and the BBC clearly have more clout than Channel 5, but still.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
You made several claims about the production of FG and TG that are demonstrably incorrect, and then proceeded to tell everyone that I don't know what I'm taking about.

I think you should go back to eating Farley's Rusks, you're clearly not fit to hold an intelligent debate.
Demonstrably incorrect? Whats incorrect, Clarkson is not doing the stunts in the cars? show me footage that shows hes inside the super car in the reviews doing the side ways slides and what not.

You can't because it's a pro, and the other statement I made about TG being scripted drama comedy bollocks on a bid budget, rather then a car is also correct. If I watched to a comedy drama, I would watch one, rather then a "originally car show"

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Clarkson is not doing the stunts in the cars? show me footage that shows hes inside the super car in the reviews doing the side ways slides and what not.

You can't because it's a pro

You can't possibly be serious?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I have just watched the Macca MP4-12C review again and you can clearly see Clarkson peddling it from the outside, going impressively sideways. iirc JC had instruction on how to do such things at the start of New Top Gear, since then he seems to be fairly well respected amonsgst those who have worked with him.

Whether he is as good as a keyboard warrior from the far east somewhere, who's driving experience comes courtesy of Polyphony Digital is another matter however.

Does anyone else find Fifth Gear utterly painful to watch with their rather poor attempts to be "cool"?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Top Gear is a scripted comedy show, that happens to have developed in a unique way.

Like any other comedy program, if you don't like it your taste in comedy is wank and I hate you and wish you would die you Johnny Vegas, Peter Kay loving motherfuckers and I sentence you to 10 years of watching Lee Evans on loop.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Top Gear is a scripted comedy show, that happens to have developed in a unique way.

Like any other comedy program, if you don't like it your taste in comedy is wank and I hate you and wish you would die you Johnny Vegas, Peter Kay loving motherfuckers and I sentence you to 10 years of watching Lee Evans on loop.

I like Peter Kay and Top Gear, what does that make me in your books? :(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It means you probably live somewhere in the midlands, and you're slightly inbred.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I ain't even mad, seriously, just stay on the farm and be quiet for once'

This is a serious discussion, not pig shit handling.

you do realise I live in a city centre don't you.

which is basically you proving the point that you're a tool that will believe anything any1 tells you.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gimmley stop dragging threads into shit with your internet flaming bollocks. You are just trolling Tom on every car thread, and you ignored all the points DaGaffer made. Either discuss or let everyone else get on with it. You are just coming across as a fucking tool.

I'd say some of that extreme modding a lot of the OT lot were calling for is needed on you.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Demonstrably incorrect? Whats incorrect, Clarkson is not doing the stunts in the cars? show me footage that shows hes inside the super car in the reviews doing the side ways slides and what not.

Here you go. This was the first video I looked at, and guess what? Look at about 4 minutes 38 seconds onward.

YouTube - ‪TVR Sagaris car review - Top Gear - BBC autos‬‏

Here's another video, randomly selected:

YouTube - ‪Top Gear 2010 Pagani Zonda R‬‏

I think that demonstrates that you're completely and utterly wrong, in every sense imaginable.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, it's pretty well known that Clarkson is good at going sideways but not good at setting quick lap times.

Remember the GT4 inspired Laguna Seca challenge? I suppose someone else was driving for him then as well....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And if I won the Euromillions tomorrow I'd still buy a Virage. Its just a stunning looking thing. I couldn't ride and handle like a wheelbarrow and I'd still buy it just to look at it.

Part from a bit of the arse i couldn't really tell the difference between that and all the other Aston's they have made in the last 20:ish years...

It looks nice sure, but it's getting to the point where if you have seen one you have seen them all.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Considering Clarkson's doctor told him to stop sliding cars around due to the damage he done to his neck and spine doing so goes to show that he does it himself. Infact he ignored the doctors orders because he finds it to much fun to stop.

Now, I watch top gear but dont always enjoy it. But fifth gear just never grabbed my fancy because it just dull

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I thought Sunday's episode was one of the most entertaining in a long time. I think they've taken to heart the criticism that there wasn't enough reviewing of cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom