Top Gear

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Never liked the E type, stupid spindly looking wheels that just look stupid and badly designed by today's standards.

It's nostalgia I suppose.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
delorean_1.jpg

Trumps all.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Worst Top Gear for a very long time last night.

Rehashed shit, another race down a bobsleigh run, for gods sake.

I adore TG but that was utter shat and no mistaking, not one thing in it interested me, they even had the most boring man in rock as the Star in a......Yes E-Types are sexy, yes they are an amazing car BUT THE WHOLE OF THE MOTORING WORLD ALREADY FUCKING KNOWS THAT!!!

Boring shit.

old.user4556

Fear not Trem, I will put on an online sex show for you at 8pm on Sunday night's ok?

You can go back to your DIY by 8:01pm ;).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Much better episode yesterday, some good stuff.

The foreign episodes are always the best. I'd never heard of Lucca, looks beautiful, definitely on my places to see list. Also showed the clout TG has these days; I can't imagine Bernie Ecclestone allowing anyone else to have a free blast around Monaco of all places; they must have done really early in the morning.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, just a shame Hammond and May used pretty shite cars. At least Clarkson's was silly and you'd want to know how fast it is.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
It goes to show the speeds of F1 Also. their laptimes were 2:15 (clarksons best)

a typical lap around monaco is around 1:15-1:20

and you can hardly use top speed as an issue here, the acceleration of these cars are immense :)

old.user4556

I'd never heard of Lucca, looks beautiful

It does indeed, looks like an Assassin's Creed level.

I'm with May on the Aston suspension, the ride quality of the DB9 is woeful.

DaGaffer

It does indeed, looks like an Assassin's Creed level.

I'm with May on the Aston suspension, the ride quality of the DB9 is woeful.

And if I won the Euromillions tomorrow I'd still buy a Virage. Its just a stunning looking thing. I couldn't ride and handle like a wheelbarrow and I'd still buy it just to look at it.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yeah me too, loved that 850i. V12 engine, stunning looks, pop-up headlights, what more do you need?

Except perhaps...

BMW : BMW 850CSI Press car

*dribble*

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The Merc was incredible value though, that is alot of car for £7k.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
They need to get Lewis Hamilton back on to do a lap in the dry

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Fifth Gear > Top Gear, real cars and real drivers over scripted shit with journalists any day of the week.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fifth Gear > Top Gear, real cars and real drivers over scripted shit with journalists any day of the week.

The voice of experience, well, experience if you count playing computer games that is. Fifth Gear has as much journalistic integrity as the NotW did.

I wouldn't touch the CL with a bargepole, it'll go rusty as fuck. Mercedes from that era = bad idea.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
This is the BMW with 46 litre engine they had:
YouTube - ‪Bmw BRUTUS 47000ccm 750hp v12 1908r‬‏
The stats are quite amazing:
It'll chew through 6.5 gallons of fuel over a 1.2-mile sprint - that's 0.18mpg - and kick out around 28,000g/km of C02. That's slightly more than 282 VW Polo Bluemotions.

As for power, there's lots of it. And it's really firey (click below to watch the world's most ludicrous barbeque). It produces 493bhp at just 1500rpm, and can pull 62mph at a paltry 800rpm.

DaGaffer

LOL. That would be Vicky Butler Henderson, ex-Max Power journalist (not a very good one to be sure, but that's a different issue), or maybe Tom Ford, ex-Car and Autocar journalist. All the people who work on Top Gear and Fifth Gear all come from the same group of nineties car-magazine journalists (ex-EMAP or Haymarket or both). Both shows are scripted, one just does a more entertaining job of it.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
LOL. That would be Vicky Butler Henderson, ex-Max Power journalist (not a very good one to be sure, but that's a different issue), or maybe Tom Ford, ex-Car and Autocar journalist. All the people who work on Top Gear and Fifth Gear all come from the same group of nineties car-magazine journalists (ex-EMAP or Haymarket or both). Both shows are scripted, one just does a more entertaining job of it.

Tom Ford still writes for Top Gear magazine and former TG and Fifth Gear presenter Jason Barlow works for them too

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
The voice of experience, well, experience if you count playing computer games that is. Fifth Gear has as much journalistic integrity as the NotW did.

I wouldn't touch the CL with a bargepole, it'll go rusty as fuck. Mercedes from that era = bad idea.
Pull your head out your arse, internet warrior.

Difference is, TG my gran likes to watch, she says its "funny" . Says it all, it's scripted ballocks and same old car review template and unfunny one liners. None of the trio can drive, they are purely journalists, a pro drives the car that Clarkson tests, that's why you never see him in an outside shot

FG is about cars, Tiff is ex F1 driver and a awesome driver, Plato is BTCC champ and Vicki is a racing instructor. They are all awesome drivers and are very good at reviewing cars. Car enthusiasts watch FG, people for scripted drama watch TG.

YouTube - ‪James Toseland Vs Tiff Needell‬‏

Proper reviews.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Pull your head out your arse, internet warrior.

Difference is, TG my gran likes to watch, she says its "funny" . Says it all, it's scripted ballocks and same old car review template and unfunny one liners. None of the trio can drive, they are purely journalists, a pro drives the car that Clarkson tests, that's why you never see him in an outside shot

FG is about cars, Tiff is ex F1 driver and a awesome driver, Plato is BTCC champ and Vicki is a racing instructor. They are all awesome drivers and are very good at reviewing cars. Car enthusiasts watch FG, people for scripted drama watch TG.

YouTube - ‪James Toseland Vs Tiff Needell‬‏

Proper reviews.

I think you are getting far too worked up over this. Both shows are massively scripted, infact every show on TV is massively scripted. Producers wouldnt dare put a show on TV without some sort of control, even live shows

Both shows aim at different audiences, why is that a bad thing?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So what if its Drama? - it's funny as fuck, and so what if it's scripted, the trio are hilarious in my view, if you wanted a car review, go on the internet, they don't see theirselves as being serious, like they said in last episode 'it was actually a programme full of car reviews!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom