TV Top Gear, back tonight

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I'm shortsighted because you can't tell the difference between target audiences?

OK. Glad we're clear on that.

You're shortsighted because you (want to) divide the audience up into different (age) catagories.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Omg can you two bitches give it a rest pls.

I enjoyed that ep, even if Hammond is still a giant cock. May driving the California was great.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You're shortsighted because you (want to) divide the audience up into different (age) catagories.

So I'm shortsighted because I understand that media aim products at target audiences? Nothing you say makes sense. So stop now.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes I'm aware of that :D

Just some people don't seem to be aware that in order to even get a TV show greenlit, you need to prove there is a target audience for your product. :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't think Tom Cruise would have done the star in the reasonably priced car, even though he was promoting his film, without a guarantee that his time would have been right near the top of the board as it stood.

I.E.: A fix.

Following recent events I find it very unlikely the BBC would ever consider faking such a thing.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So wait, you're not ever allowed to criticise the Beeb at all? For any reason? Ever?

I'm not a serial Beeb complainer, the only issues I have with them are:
1) Output is geared notably towards the older generations;
2) The quality of their dramas is very poor, usually down to the writing;
3) License fee isn't the most ideal way of doing things if you're not a heavy user of their stuff.

That's all. It's pretty easy to see their generational focus: look at the TV programming, radio programming. Very little of it is aimed at under 30s.

1. Reflects their remit tbh, the population is ageing after all (20-30 year olds are less than 13% of the population, 40-50 year olds are more the 15%
2. Subjective. There are plenty of duds in the BBC lineup, but with the possible exception of HBO, you could say that for any broadcaster, anywhere.
3. I'd argue it is if you want the economies of scale to offer a credible service without advertising revenue.

There's plenty wrong with the BBC, particularly its cost-control, but there still isn't another broadcaster in the world that does what the BBC does, as well as it does, consistently.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Absolutely. But then I wasn't Beeb bashing, that was me stretching for things that I think is wrong with them.

Weather 1 or not you think is a bad thing depends on who you are, but it still remains fact, as you say.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Big of a boring season(series?) for me, but still top gear in it's entertainment value.

rynnor

Rockhound
There's plenty wrong with the BBC, particularly its cost-control, but there still isn't another broadcaster in the world that does what the BBC does, as well as it does, consistently.

You dont pay the license fee anymore though do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom