TV Top Gear, back tonight

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
The symptoms of AIDS can be lessened with medication. Last nights TopGear cannot. Therefore it was worse G.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The symptoms of AIDS can be lessened with medication. Last nights TopGear cannot. Therefore it was worse G.

did you try and watch it while under the influence of medical marijuana? Do you have the facts to base that assumption on? :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
I though the Star in a Car bit was good tbh. But the main segment was a load of crap even the normally reliable Ray Winstone came off a bit shit there. Plus it was just painfully obvious.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Winstone's face during take off and landing was brilliant.

And yes, the Hammond stuff was a bit shit.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
DaGaffer said:
Ryan Reynolds in surprisingly-likeable shock.

Yes, he did seem really nice, down to earth and able to laugh at himself.

My misses was buried in her book, then he appeared. The book was down and she was gushing at the thighs.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I agree with G, that episode was rubbish. Although May's review was pretty good, I agree with him about skinny tyres and the like.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yep, agree. Hammond is such an unfunny bastard, the whole "trying to be funny and playing dumb" thing is just so fucking irritating.

old.user4556

I'm going to start tweeting about it and hash tagging.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm going to start tweeting about it and hash tagging.

2FEiP.png

old.user4556

Bitch please, any better suggestions?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
If you wanted a seriouse carshow, Go watch Fith gear already!

The air cannon was brilliant!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
If I hear one more comment about Top Gear being scripted, I 'm gonna puke.
Of course it's scripted, how much of a moron are you to think otherwise, the show is a mash of 3 men in a boat, last of the summer wine and every panto you've seen.
The humour is timeless and no other show on the planet has ever come close to it's 'boys own' adventure, simply because it has the wallet of the BBC to back it up.
We should celebrate it as shining island in the sea of dross, nothing like it will ever happen again.

Tell me this aint funney.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That wasn't funny.

Top Gear has only been intermittently funny (or any good) for a number of years now...

Maybe the French'd find it funny. They've got a very old-fashioned sense of humour. One of the weirdest things I ever experienced was on a ferry in Greece which had almost exclusively French passengers finding a drag act the funniest thing they've ever seen.

Aaanyway... Top Gear. Mostly shit. (But I still watch 'em all).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
While it's true that the French think that the unfunniest shit you could possibly imagine is rofl-hilarious, I think even they would struggle with Top Gear recently.

Your "drag act" reminds me of something I saw here last year - a guy and a gal doing some sort of sketch show full of 40's/50's slapstick (for want of a better word). The audience were literally in stitches for the entire thing. If they had all been preteens it would've been ok, but they so weren't. :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You saw it.

Audience in stiches.

You seeing it = audience member.

You = in stitches.

I'm a detective.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So you didn't see the act then? How can you tell it was so unfunny?

I'm a pedant troll.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Just because I was in the vicinity does not mean I was watching the stage-show.

You're not even a very good pedant troll. :(

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Bunch of miserable sods, you continue to watch every week so they must be doing something right. If you dont like it dont watch it. If you analyze everything so much, you become depressed FACT

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
How do you know it wasn't funny then? :D
Because your mum was in it.

But also because it was in the covered market bit in the middle of the town, so even passers-by (who I'm sure would not consider themselves part of the audience but were also not deaf or blind) could "enjoy" the show.

But mostly because of your mum.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
This episode was absolutely great, I will accept no argument about it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I like TG. I watch it if I remember its on. The show's been running for 20+ years. Gotta expect a few shite episodes now & again. The ppl who hate it: don't watch it. Simple. TBH if it was unscriped, they'd have to put it out at 11pm, and it would probably not be as appealing. Clarkson's no spring chicken. You can imagine him off camera as a moody bastard.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It was a decent ep, skipped the slash crap as I just don't give a fuck.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Great ep, Kimi is great to have and the scar from his "minor injury" (as told by Lotus) is impressive. I'd love to have a try at Rally Cross too!

Someone on another forum pointed out this though:
3xl54.jpg

Note the number plate:
QfRTc.jpg

I can understand having multiple cars, but it'd be nice to see the footage all from the one lap when showing his best lap :(

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Number plate (GX52 HF N) looks the same to me, seat belts (interior) don't though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not seen the last episode yet (iplayer this evening methinks). Nice seat-change spot tho.

I will say that the entire show is scripted bullshit from beginning to end. It's just (generally) very entertaining scripted bullshit. That's why it's OK to have a pop when it's wank - it's like saying you don't like a particular episode of Battlestar Galactica because the writing was retarded.

And do you honestly think Tom Cruise and whatsherjizzface? would come on without having a guaranteed slot on the star-in-the-car board? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom