To the person who gained access to my account

Z

Ziva

Gah Verata that sucks bigtime m8... do u have any idea at all how this could happen? You gave your password to someone or something? I really hope u won't quit the game after this m8. Just make sure your password is on a piece of paper instead of on your pc.

To Mageling: you're a pathetic piece of shit. Please do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and throw your pc and yourself from the highest building in your neighbourhood kthnxbye!!!

S

Spix

Very cruel! I feel for you and all others that has had their account ruined :(
Everytime I log in its with a raised heart frequency...

A little warning !

One thing that can happen is if you use peer to peer file sharing progs like kazaa, directconnect or something and you without knowing it share some folder with text file with your account information... people can access it very easy without hacking your comp. Be careful.
I have seen alot of people sharing private/confident information on such programs so check your shared folders.

G

granny

omg Verata that's horrible :(

How can it have happened though? I find it very worrying that it's possible for someone's account to get hacked, if you find out how it happened please let us know so we can all do whatever we can to safeguard our own accounts. Something seriously wrong with a system where this can happen :/

C

cougar-

ouch... that sucks sooooo bad :(

i had my username / password as txt file on desktop and had no firewall etc, so a guy got hold of password and used my runie a bit, was out rvr:ing etc, happy he didnt steal anything, just wanted some fun rvr hehe, a quick password change helped me tho.

A

Arnor

such a shame dude :(

I got a paranoid-fit the other day and installed NiS which allows me to auto-block any attempts to send out my passwords. Just hope its enough against the average hacker.

O

old.Tdaer

IT WAS ME AHAHAHHAHAH !! DIE EVUL FIRBY SCUM !!

THIS PM ROX0RZ YOU .. err wait... this IS a PM right ? .. oh crap ..

heh!

hmmz well, this happened to ME last year october .. really sux.

Can't imagine why anyone would wanna commit such a vicious act!!

Pretty lame imho ! i really hope GOA finds this person.

elf out !

A

Arnor

Re: Re: Re: Tsk

Originally posted by Eleasias
You do realize that what ever happens (except in a rare case of selling your char for a small-ish amount of money) your time spent playing this game has been a total waste and means nothing in lets say, 2 years? However hacking accs is totally gay and its even more gay to delete the chars, 2 months ago I would have been VERY pissed off if it happened to me ;/

it HASNT been a total waste, because ive been enjoying myself immensely most of the time.

T

Tranquil-

I'm glad Mageling is a rare species which I have never seen before and hope I'll never be confronted with again. Ever.

Common people, this is just a game!

Ditto, why bother post..

And to the reply Mageling will post I can just say; 'I couldn't care less'.

D

deadkid

According to EULA and stuff like that.. account still belong to GOA right?
if it is so GOA was robbed too and THEY should investigate this or at least inform the services that investigate hacking...
if they dont do it, they help the criminal to get away by failure to act which is crime...

N

Novamir

@ Lameling

How can I admit defeat when you are losing so admirably? I'm not even flaming you really, you're doing that well yourself. If it helps I can try to keep the words I use down to a maximum of three syllables. (Oh dear you won't know what they are...)

K

Karam_gruul

PMSL,

if i knew how, i'd do that to SO many peoples accounts..

maybe its just a general lesson in sadness, dont play so much and u wont get your chars wiped.

<looks up hacking readme's>

K

kinag

:mgwhore2:

ARGH! lock the man up, cut him into slices and PULL his intestines OUT and burn em and the fucker who did it!!!!!

(sorry get so fecking mad when i hear this stuff)

A

Aeiedil

Re: Winner of best speller 2003 is...

Originally posted by Mageling

And btw English...you're not in Sweden b0y, ask Aeiedil about capitalization.

Actually that was an advertisement for more laborers. And you need to check up on your American English
And it's not nice to start with ‘and’, (and) I guess I’m just not that nice then.

Btw, it is capitalization. And do look up labor and laborer, ah yeah 'Labor Day'.

why the hell would i spell in american English if i could avoid it. you said youself, "English....you're not in Sweden". Funnily enough English is the language of England, american English is the version ever so slightly twisted to fit americans who like to spell colour color, centre center, blahblahblah, i dont like american English because any time i have to write something with the word colour in i have to go spelling it colour or i get some bloody errors.

English is English, not bloody american :p (and just before it gets pointed out, you may note the lack of proper capitalisation at the beginning of sentences, and of course the non-capitalisation of america)

now im sure im likely to get comments on the lines of "stop being such a racist aeie", but when i get told to spell in american ENGLISH when i am blatantly NOT american, and in fact am English, its a tad annoying dontcha think :)

A

Aeiedil

oh, did i mention the annoying tendency to replace an as at the end of a word with a z?

O

old.Fangrim

To get back on topic... Verata any news on restoring the chars?

E

elerand

Originally posted by Novamir

Fascinating. Your obsession with my sexuality is highly bizarre. I feel you are a Novamir fan who is afraid to admit this. I'd go so far as to suggest that you are gay, and fantasise about me!

Furthermore Nova it may be worth pointing out that there is considerable evidence that many homophobes are aroused by watching two men together or are in fact repressed homosexuals themselves ;)

Do wonder why some peoples first port of call in some arguements is to make disparaging sexual comments :D

On topic...that sucks verata, hope you find the spirit to carry on and see that it's not all about itemz and cash (lost toon aside, grrrr that is pants), lots of fun to be had and I'm sure you'll feel tons better when your m8's rally round ya ;)

M

Mageling

Dinner

Originally posted by Novamir
How can I admit defeat when you are losing so admirably? I'm not even flaming you really, you're doing that well yourself. If it helps I can try to keep the words I use down to a maximum of three syllables. (Oh dear you won't know what they are...)

Take it like a man, aaah, in your case take it like a discontinued toy of Teletubbies throw down in a vacuum cleaner for the duration of a quite evening during Sunday. And I expect your next reply in pentameter no less. I proclaim this empty space to be my cubical (BW’s), whereas in this post I tear your ass with each syllable (FYI far from pentameter).

Originally posted by Aeiedil
why the hell would i spell in american English if i could avoid it...
Drink some tea (mate), gotta keep an open mind. And you simple can’t avoid it, more Americans than English you know, and Americans tend to speak without a silly accent.

Originally posted by elerand
Furthermore Nova it may be worth pointing out that there is considerable evidence that many homophobes are aroused by watching two men together or are in fact repressed homosexuals themselves ;)

Do wonder why some peoples first port of call in some arguements is to make disparaging sexual comments :D
That's sooo gaaaay!

E

elerand

Re: Dinner

Drink some tea (mate), gotta keep an open mind. And you simple can’t avoid it, more Americans than English you know, and Americans tend to speak without a silly accent.

That's sooo gaaaay!

More people speak the queens english worldwide (bearing in mind the 65mill+ UK citizens+expatriates).

Your last comment proves my point, have a nice dayyyyyy!

A

Aeiedil

Re: Dinner

1 : americans speak with excessivley silly accents

2 : so all English ppl drink tea eh? as it happens i do drink tea but thats just not the point :p im sure it aint a purely english phenomenonmonon *dosen't know where to stop on that word*

3 : I dont care if theres more bloody americans, ENGLISH came from ENGLAND (well if you wanna be picky it was nicked from most other languages in europe but only because they came and took over), and the English in america originated from English from England :p it is perfectly avoidable :p just because windows comes set to american english dont mean it aint perfectly easy to change to uk english afterall ;)

4 : at a wild guess your an american?

A

ab_fluid

velly sad to here :/ drop me a line in game if u need any help //aluvian

T

Tranquil-

I drink tea, I like tea. What's wrong with tea? You should get some tea, it will relax you. Tea is goood. Someone bring 'it' some tea.

And I'm from the barbaric, sealcubslaying, whalemolesting, learn-to-kill-seals-before-you-can-walk country called Norway. Not that it has anything to do with tea.

Did I mention I like tea?

<pours some tea>

A

Aeiedil

Originally posted by Tranquil-
I drink tea, I like tea. What's wrong with tea? You should get some tea, it will relax you. Tea is goood. Someone bring 'it' some tea.

And I'm from the barbaric, sealcubslaying, whalemolesting, learn-to-kill-seals-before-you-can-walk country called Norway. Not that it has anything to do with tea.

Did I mention I like tea?

<pours some tea>

Begone fiend, and leave thy precious bags of oriental goodness unsoiled!

:mgwhore2: :viking:

R

Repent Reloaded

dont always aim stuff at GOA when ppl get hacked, the person who got hacked may also be doing somthin wrong.
1. Dont use 3rd party programs what so ever!, DAOx etc... its a pain logging in and out when u wanna go on the net but is it worth the risk ?
2. Get a good firewall.
3. Scan your PC weekly for Trojans (viruses)
4. Keep windows updated.
5. Dont keep your password in an email or on your PC.
6. Dont use your account at a friends house or cyber cafe.
7. Change your password once a month or when ever you wish.

If the hackers didnt hack GOA to get that pass in a way its your own fault for not following these 7 simple steps. and yes if I ever get hacked I will flame GOA to make me feel better.

F

Flimgoblin

mmmm, tea.

And I'm a scot! who'd have thought.

H

HargloweHyfryd

Nah, Gray, he can't be.

I can think of numerous positive things to say about cunts.

About Mageling on the other hand......

A

Aeiedil

I dunno Harglowe, he seems to be a source of some limited joy *shrug*

M

Mageling

Invasion

Realy no need to flame everybody because they dont speak American english. Or drink tea for that matter.

Tilda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom