To inform the community; CB + grapple

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Guys... Requiel said its not even a matter under discussion ...end of story... stays as it is.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Nuxtobatns said:
Guys... Requiel said its not even a matter under discussion ...end of story... stays as it is.

Well ill guess ill bypass requiel and ask directly to Mythic then, sorry but it just isnt logic to blame a player of an unitentional use of a ability that leads to a bug.

Corran

Part of the furniture
If mythic dont see it as an issue then GoA cant punish this as they cant prove intential use of this. If I use CB stun feedback and 8 minutes later in a fight and grapple to stop them hitting me for a moment (ie they doing a certain chain attack i want to stop) then they cant ban you simply because a previous ability is still up.

If this WAS an issue they could fix it easily. It is a simple fix as shown by charge/tendril fix.

Finally, if they do deem this as a bug then they can not punish people until they PUBLICLY state that it is a bug and not a feature. It has been left as a feature for so long that to change the story and start banning without telling people would end up in alot of trouble. Especially if people push along the lines of a court (could equate to this being unlawful/theft in some places) as they left it unpunished this long and so it becomes feature not bug. But hey, who would actually take it that far?

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
Seems noone likes the goa reply.

I think it is a fair judgement and a fair reply...

IF !!!

they get the bug fixed in 1, 2 patches max.

saying you can`t do this, but we don`t plan on fixing it anytime soon would be just stupid.

saying you can`t do that and we`ll have it fixed within 1 month would be fair.

seems like they need to change the self stun component from a spell to a mellee thing.

aye, it does seem like the community dosnt like the reply from GoA, but RightNow has said as they have and I know that I am one who will report this kind of ability use, knowing how RightNow is looking at it.

and I agree, its very easily fixed so that CB stun immunity dosnt affect the selfstun componant, wich i think was the way it was intended.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
But hey, who would actually take it that far?

There are lots of ppl crazy in the head that dont have anything else to do...some of them post here :D
So yes i do believe it could go that far ;p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
aye, it does seem like the community dosnt like the reply from GoA, but RightNow has said as they have and I know that I am one who will report this kind of ability use, knowing how RightNow is looking at it.

I usually mince words, but thats a really lame attitude.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Its not just CB were dealing here, theres also the point that if your stuned and you snap out of hit and you have 1min imunity timer you cant grapple also?!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Here's the problem.

Random Thane casts 1 or 2 DD's on you, enemy runs over to attack and gets slammed, now lets say the enemy purges and IP's. The thane pops grapple+cb, runs back a bit and DD's+RR5's+Doomhammer (This is the abuse part, after doomhammer he is supposed to be disarmed but he gets his weapon back whilst your stunned)!

So yes, if you see anyone doing it i say raise a right now cause there's far too many wankers abusing these type of thing.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Cromcruaich said:
I usually mince words, but thats a really lame attitude.

Totally agree with you, its players like these that screw this game tbh. Why the hell would some1 report a player for that? How can you tell the difference from a intentional use or not?
And its not a bug no matter what requiel says, its so stupid and ilogic that i cant understant how ppl think any different.
Imho the only reason Requiel said what he said that was because he needs to defend the company he is in, wouldnt be to wise to post or reply "yes we made a mistake we will deal with it"

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
Here's the problem.

Random Thane casts 1 or 2 DD's on you, enemy runs over to attack and gets slammed, now lets say the enemy purges and IP's. The thane pops grapple+cb, runs back a bit and DD's+RR5's+Doomhammer (This is the abuse part, after doomhammer he is supposed to be disarmed but he gets his weapon back whilst your stunned)!

So yes, if you see anyone doing it i say raise a right now cause there's far too many wankers abusing these type of thing.

Why do some mls cant be used at same time that other mls? Because it was coded that way. So following the same racional thinking it should be the coding that should disable the CB+Grapple issue.
A player is allowed to use every ability that the game allows, so if CB stun imunity is not illegal and if Grapple is not illegal why should it be both combined?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Kinetix said:
Why do some mls cant be used at same time that other mls? Because it was coded that way. So following the same racional thinking it should be the coding that should disable the CB+Grapple issue.
A player is allowed to use every ability that the game allows, so if CB stun imunity is not illegal and if Grapple is not illegal why should it be both?
Mythic+GOA probably missed this, they never INTENDED it to work like this so byu using it your abusing the game.

Just cause they never saw this in testing, does not mean you can use it.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
peeps have only been using this for 2 years :)

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
Mythic+GOA probably missed this, they never INTENDED it to work like this so byu using it your abusing the game.

Yes, and i am sure in those 2 years this so called bug have been around, GOA or Mythic knew nothing about it! Noone have ever asked them about it or reported it!!! Because i tell ya, us grapplers have a secret cummunity where we share such wild abusing stories and help each other lame more in the bestest way! And now you have discovered one of our dreadfull secrets, OH MY GOD!

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:

Well if they didnt intend to work like that ill repeat what muylatrix said FIX IT, not suspend/ban players ( like population isnt short enough :\ )

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:

well it wasnt the best post but he is right about something, been happening for 2 years and now that some1 got a mental shitstorm everyone will threat with banstick at anyone that does something like that

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ok, time to do a little reality checking here.
Firstly this whole issue stems from a misunderstanding. We do not consider using grapple while CB stun immunity is up to be bug abuse. To the best of our knowledge the CB ability is working correctly in this instance. It is possible that the Grapple ability is not working correctly but unless Mythic state that this is a bug, then we will not assume that it is.

I had a chat with my team to determine why this answer was given and it appears that the individual who answered it checked with a different team lead who may have misunderstood the question. In any case we discussed it today and we are all in agreement that it is not abuse and not punishable.

You can all put the popcorn away now.

Nate

FH is my second home
Requiel said:
Firstly this whole issue stems from a misunderstanding. We do not consider using grapple while CB stun immunity is up to be bug abuse. To the best of our knowledge the CB ability is working correctly in this instance. It is possible that the Grapple ability is not working correctly but unless Mythic state that this is a bug, then we will not assume that it is.

I had a chat with my team to determine why this answer was given and it appears that the individual who answered it checked with a different team lead who may have misunderstood the question. In any case we discussed it today and we are all in agreement that it is not abuse and not punishable.

was wondering when you'd get around here! thanks for ending this discussion, i suggest more training to the staff+less coffee/croissant breaks! and do i have to put my popcorn away? :( it'll go cold

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
The man has spoken!

cheers for the clarification :)

noob play again ur the only gimp that owne my ass :p common leave freeshards now that i play on live xd

/edit while we saw a gm posting in this damn forum we would like to see gm's more active ingame a event or anything? i posted on rightnow before and im posting here now where the old time classic events gone? (along with the population me thinks)

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
The ones using it knows they can get free rps every 15 mins now, with no way to counter. Awesome. Lets all get bainshees and do some wallnuking while CB/Grapple abusing. Fun for the whole family.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
Here's the problem.

2 nukes and the target has to IP for the 400-500dmg ?
U cant use Doomhammer while target is grappled cause its coded as a melee attack. Also ... the disarm takes effect everytime the DD proc fires... even if resisted.

Caeli said:
The ones using it knows they can get free rps every 15 mins now, with no way to counter. Awesome. Lets all get bainshees and do some wallnuking while CB/Grapple abusing. Fun for the whole family.
Not really...many times it ends with this tactic being countered via ranged interrupting or even BL ability

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:
noob play again ur the only gimp that owne my ass :p common leave freeshards now that i play on live xd

Didn't you notice me emoting you recently? :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

Thank you for the enlightment Requiel, afterall seems there are still ppl at GOA with comon sense :drink:

Please close this thread then :p

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Nuxtobatns said:
Not really...many times it ends with this tactic being countered via ranged interrupting or even BL ability
Not sure if you have noticed, but not everyone has an insta to interupt with. And even if you use an charge to interupt with grapple is 9 secs. Interupting once during that time wont make much of a difference. I'm guessing you have both CB and BM on your thane. Happy farming every 15 mins.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:
on a gimp sorc? u never know how to use the /send command dontcha ? :p

Can't do when I'm on hib and you're on alb, you twit. :fluffle:

On-topic:

CB + grapple doesn't really give such a terrible huge advantage as many may think tho, I do not say this quite alot, but I agree with Nuxto for once :D

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Caeli said:
Not sure if you have noticed, but not everyone has an insta to interupt with. And even if you use an charge to interupt with grapple is 9 secs. Interupting once during that time wont make much of a difference. I'm guessing you have both CB and BM on your thane. Happy farming every 15 mins.

There r many ways...at least the classes i feel i have to use it against. And y.. i have it and use it when needed., especially 2vs1.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

Ta, common sense wins the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom