To inform the community; CB + grapple

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Ive recently sent in a question to RightNow, about if it was working as intended/allowed to use the Ceremonial bracers stun immunity and then grapple to avoid the stun.

Well, here is the result:

To conclude the result, you are NOT allowed to use the CB stun immunity then grapple, this is considerd bug abuse and should be reported acordingly.

Attachments

• goagrapplestunimmunity.JPG
    goagrapplestunimmunity.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 495

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I only had that happen to my ns, it's fun nuking down the other party concerned ;)

Dont find it unballancing in any way really, almost everyone has some way to range interrupt (crossbow, throwing knives etc), so can't see what's the big deal.

But then again I don't make the rules.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
I only had that happen to my ns, it's fun nuking down the other party concerned ;)

Dont find it unballancing in any way really, almost everyone has some way to range interrupt (crossbow, throwing knives etc), so can't see what's the big deal.

indeed, its not a big deal..

but we are all hoping for a bugfree game some day, dont we? :)

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:

Well you cant use a bow if your being grapple but not sure if you can use crossbow, throwing weapons, and other use it just to run away or heal.

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
Think you could sweet-talk them into stopping ppl from coning/pbaeing through walls, too? I'll give you a cookie if you do ;)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Dunno, is that really a catagorical, specific 'no' to CB abuse, or just some stock reply? As usual with the RightNow responses, it goes just a little short of directly answering the question.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
So what are you supposed to do? Not grapple someone if you have CB stun up or not have CB stun up if you intend to grapple someone?

I don't use CB anymore but it seems a joke to class it as bug abuse when you are using abilities entirely legitimately. Makes me laugh with all the cone/pbaoe abuse that goes on at bridges. Not to mention GOA stating that it's entirely legitimate for someone to stand one side of the villa wall in HW and pbaoe through it to the otherside - their response when I queried that was that the wall there is a feature (as opposed to a definitive wall) and so it's not bug abuse. Seems the definition of bug abuse is very random.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Standard reply people have gotten for both tendril and grapple stun thing etc, doesnt even mention cere bracer in the reply etc etc. Also, if the effect of some item in game is to block something from happening, and using that item for excactly that reason, how is it bug abuse? Especially since if you use the charge, are you not allowed to grapple, or what? Shit reply from GOA.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Let them fix CB charge so that it doenst activate on Grapple or lay off our backs. Charge duration is 10-12,5 mins...oh w8..i feel a vibration on the air.. its a chanter inc ... oh..no... its a .....

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
no, it dosnt say that its for ceremonial bracer.. BUT it does say " Any way to bypass this on either side is concidered as not working as intended and thus, as you say, can be reported for bug abusing".

meaning that if you do use something to bypass the stun componant, then its bug abuse.

and yes bracken, i do think that is what they mean. Dont use CB stun immunity if you intend on grappling people.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The way I see it it's ok for someone to use it, to be fair it says that it will block a stun spell which is the feedback from grapple anyway.

If they want to fix it, it shouldn't be hard to do, they fixxed tendrils and charge in the past, just change the code of the stun to not get blocked by CB. Shouldn't take that long.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
The way I see it it's ok for someone to use it, to be fair it says that it will block a stun spell which is the feedback from grapple anyway.

If they want to fix it, it shouldn't be hard to do, they fixxed tendrils and charge in the past, just change the code of the stun to not get blocked by CB. Shouldn't take that long.

yeah.. but if it was meant to be able to get around the grapple stun, wouldnt normal stun immunity take care of that?
that, wich they actually did fix.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Ok I'm gonna report everyone using mez feedback because they are bypassing my casted mez on them. I'm gonna report bladeturn users because they are bypassing my hit on them. I'm gonna report people with brittle guards because they are bypassing my melee hit. etc, list is endless.

CB stun feedback is in the game for an intended purpose. That purpose is to give you 1 stun immunity. It does not say which stun it is supposed to block, ie. all stuns. If they dont want it affecting some stuns, they code it that way. The game has actions with a purpose, and counteractions to block them, it is the way its supposed to be. If its not, then they change it.

edit; for example one big difference with the old "too many buffs to get grappled" thing was not an intended purpose of having many buffs, meaning its a bug. CB stun feedback is used for excactly what its description says, blocking a stun, its intended purpose in the first place, how can it be bug abuse?

(fyi I havent played a battlemaster char in ages so I dont have any personal feelings about this)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
yeah.. but if it was meant to be able to get around the grapple stun, wouldnt normal stun immunity take care of that?
that, wich they actually did fix.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, it was good that you asked goa about how they feel on the issue and that you've made this post, I'm just saying that (as you've also said) they can fix some of the issues concerning grapple, they should easily fix the CB "abuse" as well without any problems.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian, I'm curious how you think now. No really?

Sure it is a cheezy thing that might work (takes timing and pretty easy for any class to use a charge or some insta ability to interrupt), so once every 10 minute it might work.

Sure as said, it is cheezy, on the other side, the remaining BM styles/spells/whatever have is of incredible little use for a solo thane ( with 2000-2200 hp it's bad idea to try to use end/power drain styles when what you really need to do, is to do more dmg on the opponent).

So in effect BM ml line offer ONE real useful toy for a solo thane (compare to soj, warguard, banelord etc etc with several usefull toys in each line, on shorter timers) and you'll understand that only to have one usefull toy thats possible to take advantage of each 10th min is beyond crap.

Luckily i must say i read a grabbag 1-2 months back where i belive Sanya (at Camelot Herald) replied that it won't be any change to that and that it's not considered a bug.

AND since we all know (from the stackable pots-barrel story thingy) that Goa heed what Mythic want/say/decide, you have been missinformed.

The day thanes get a usefull (beyond grouping, then you have the "fun" BodyGuard as well.. weeee 2 usefull things out of 10) ML line that suits the class, that day i'll change ML line, hence i'll stop CB+grapple.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
CB stun feedback is in the game for an intended purpose. That purpose is to give you 1 stun immunity. It does not say which stun it is supposed to block, ie. all stuns.

Thing is, Grapple isnt really a "stun" is it? you can still cast when grappled can you not?

dont get me wrong, i really dont give a shit, BUT CB is there to block a stun, not a grapple.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Neffneff said:
Thing is, Grapple isnt really a "stun" is it? you can still cast when grappled can you not?

dont get me wrong, i really dont give a shit, BUT CB is there to block a stun, not a grapple.
You dont even know what we're talking about :)

CB does not block grapple. It blocks the stun casted on the grappler when he grapples someone. Its a 2 effect spell, grapple on target, stun on yourself. CB removes the stun, leaving your target grappled and yourself completely free.

I'm a 10-star expert on grappling afterall. ;)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
You dont even know what we're talking about :)

my apologies, i have only ever been grappled not the other way around, i was under the impression they could cast as well, or use charges, swap weapon slots etc (if they had the ability to) unlike an out and out stun.

EDIT: still begs the question though..."who's grappling the Grappled person?"

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Neffneff said:
my apologies, i have only ever been grappled not the other way around, i was under the impression they could cast as well, or use charges, swap weapon slots etc (if they had the ability to) unlike an out and out stun.
soz if i sounded rude btw!:D

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
i talked with requiel a bit.. from what i understood... there is no point of discussion. its all ok as it is. cba to attach the pretty small dialogue screenie.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
lovely, i'll be sure to keep fraps running next time im fighting the usual CB/Grapple abuse classes.
:flame:

Doubt they will get banned but never know your luck.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Neffneff said:
EDIT: still begs the question though..."who's grappling the Grappled person?"
Good question, I got one too, where does the fire from enchanters light baseline dd come from?

point is, discussing game mechanics with real life examples is quite useless ;)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
"EDIT: still begs the question though..."who's grappling the Grappled person?" "

The answer to that (if i got the question right, hehe) is that it's the grappler him/her-self. Imagine you irl grapple a friend (like hug someone then don't let go for 10 seconds) :) .

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
to Kagato:

Ye, one toy for a solo thane (for example, hehe) in a ml line (in a solo situation), thats possible to use each 10 min - Compared to say all the toys of WarGuard... Thats abuse?

Nope, from mythic's point of view "today" (as in, NOT 1-2 years back), it's not a abuse nor bug.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
"EDIT: still begs the question though..."who's grappling the Grappled person?" "

The answer to that (if i got the question right, hehe) is that it's the grappler him/her-self. Imagine you irl grapple a friend (like hug someone then don't let go for 10 seconds) :) .

ah but taking that example, lets say "I" the grappler, use some baby lotion of stun immunity....does that mean i just left my "friend" hugging themselves on the floor?

i can see this conversation going allll wrong.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Good question, I got one too, where does the fire from enchanters light baseline dd come from?

point is, discussing game mechanics with real life examples is quite useless ;)

light is generally given off as a side effect of extreme heat, a thousand or 2 degrees inside yer average light bulb, so OBVIOUSLY there would be fire ;P duh!
okay enough sillyness tbh, i can see why someone at GoA would say its abuse, as in reality, and in their game design, people cannot be grappled without someone to grapple them...BUT this game has developed past their origianl idea ten times over, and grapple, regardless of its name, is an ability that causes a stun to the user, its not over powered, and its not THAT lame to use CB to avoid the stun, its just clever. at least that's my opnion on it. lame in stealth duos/trios, but again my opinion, and more to do with the fact they aint solo than the grapple.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Ye, about as real/likely to happen/work as most ranged stuns done by the mental force of a person, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom