To inform the community; CB + grapple

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Caeli said:
The ones using it knows they can get free rps every 15 mins now, with no way to counter. Awesome. Lets all get bainshees and do some wallnuking while CB/Grapple abusing. Fun for the whole family.

indeed.

anyone up for rolling banshees and "use the game mechanics" in many creative ways?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Caeli said:
The ones using it knows they can get free rps every 15 mins now, with no way to counter. Awesome. Lets all get bainshees and do some wallnuking while CB/Grapple abusing. Fun for the whole family.

Pboa'ing through walls has bin there for years aswell. If my crystal ball is not mistaken, the baseline stun of hib's is our next whinge.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Caeli said:

Free RP's ? You mean like a Merc charging up to a runemaster? Or an assassin fighting a 45 bow specced scout who has FZ down, but assassin has Purge up ?

You can use a charge /use to interrupt the thane (or other grappler, VW for example) and then start to cast a reasonable fast CL-ability. Should be enough to 'waste' 6-7 seconds of the grapple with relative ease. And you dont have to worry about the BG'er using all 'overpowered' abilities from his ML-path afterwards, coz he simply has none to begin with :D

I had quite a few scouts grapple (+CB) my Nightshade, didnt matter much to me. With some practice (and a /use charge) a SB can get the same results. Or any other class. There are much bigger imbalances in the game for melee'ers (which are the only ones affected by CB+grapple) like Warlocks, Spiritmasters, Bonedancers, Mercs, Vamps etc.

Nate

FH is my second home
Puppet said:
like Warlocks, Spiritmasters, Bonedancers, Mercs, Vamps etc.

look who can name some classes from other realms! here, look i'll do it too:

Rangers, NS's, Bainshees, animists

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:

he named some from mid, alb, AND hib?

can i just say...huh?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Nate said:

Good to see you got the point Nate! :)

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Free RP's ? You mean like a Merc charging up to a runemaster? Or an assassin fighting a 45 bow specced scout who has FZ down, but assassin has Purge up ?

You can use a charge /use to interrupt the thane (or other grappler, VW for example) and then start to cast a reasonable fast CL-ability. Should be enough to 'waste' 6-7 seconds of the grapple with relative ease. And you dont have to worry about the BG'er using all 'overpowered' abilities from his ML-path afterwards, coz he simply has none to begin with :D
Even you must see the diffrence between a bug and working as intended. Maybe it's not bug abusing, but it's sure bug using. Not all has a charge on suit to use. And not all should need to have a charge on suit, just to counter Mythics poor coding.

And to compare CB abusing with someone using a Realm Ability or someone playing a poorly specced character is beyond crap. If you actually managed to grow up sometime you might actually make sense at times. Now stop sprouting random crap and get back in your corner.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:

Give yourself a cookie.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Neffneff said:
he named some from mid, alb, AND hib?

can i just say...huh?
And Nate just got the ones he missed. Understand now?

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
It's not a bug nor abuse, just go read at the Herald, in some grab bag(anything regarding Daoc: Mythic > Goa).
Also it's on a 10 min timer and is suicide to try to do on many classes.

Ofc if you have no clue nor will to try to counter it, I understand it must suck ;)

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
It's not a bug nor abuse, just go read at the Herald, in some grab bag(anything regarding Daoc: Mythic > Goa).
Also it's on a 10 min timer and is suicide to try to do on many classes.

Ofc if you have no clue nor will to try to counter it, I understand it must suck ;)

people shouldnt have to alter suits, get undesierd charges or procs or whatever just to counter poor coding. as caeli said.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
people shouldnt have to alter suits, get undesierd charges or procs or whatever just to counter poor coding. as caeli said.

why alter the suit? you can just equip an item and use the charge.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:

Well people don't deserve to win the fight then.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
You're right.
Good thing then that Mythic said that it works as it should ;)

Btw, anyone without instas must be crazy not to have any item with an insta spell. To interrupt the DPS monsters known as casters, or to avoid being mezzed or stunned... or to interrupt a archer or mby to interrupt someone using cb+grapple etc etc.

Or is it really so that there's alot of people not caring or lazy enough not to get that, that enjoy trying to charge into ranged dps without any means to interrupt?

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Even i use it on my rr10+ thane, having DoomHammer, useable each 10th sec and 3 ranged instas (if all is up that is, 20sec reuse insta and rr5 and ST), to get of an extra interrupt if i can manage...

Seems crazy not to have it really.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
*seeing communication problems here*

GrivneKelmorian plz read, it works as it should, or so Mythic said.
Your personal feeling don't really count here.

illu

Part of the furniture
I had grapple+CB in my 3rd vid :> It's a bit shitty, but we sb's and other classes have to be ready for it and adapt. It's pretty rare tbh. And it's pretty lame the people that use it, but then again it's one of many things that can be abused (killing through walls, DI Bots etc etc)

Oli - Illu

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
No plz think again Illu. For a solo (thane at least) Stormlord is shit (not like you can ask the enemy to wait while one cast some storms that takes all too long to cast).

And trying to use end/power drain styles with 2000-2200 hp (where say a assains pa+cd+debuffs plus 1th round of poison etc reomove 1200-1600 hp, or even kill a chainmail wearing tank-hybrid before stun is gone) is not a bright idea, must make stun/make dmg faster then the assasin or other tank classes, who got USEFULL ML solo abilities.

Grapple+cb is the only real useful ml ability for my class, and if lucky i can use it each 10 sec and unlike zephyr and some other things the grappled person can interrupt and either use own spells/CL spells to make dmg or to heal up.

Spymaster,Warguard, BaneLord,Soj etc etc, all of them have nice abilites that can be used very often (since not only one usefull ability).

Give me a usefull ML line and i'd swap in a sec, but most likely my class won't get that, should i stop using the only usefull thing in the line all together then(for as i said, solo, in grp vs grp we also can use BG... wee fun 2 abilities out of 10...)?

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
Give me a usefull ML line and i'd swap in a sec, but most likely my class won't get that, should i stop using the only usefull thing in the line all together then(for as i said, solo, in grp vs grp we also can use BG... wee fun 2 abilities out of 10...)?

give me one ml line where everything is very usefull.
perhaps conjurner but other then that.

spymaster got maybe 4 abilitys that i consider usefull (enduring poisons, poisonspike, sabotage and mezzvenom).

and on another note, thane aint meant to solo, your a group class.. you should consider that too.

And yes, i played my thane solo too, quit that when i found out how boring the visible classes solo life is. :p

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Eithor said:
No plz think again Illu. For a solo (thane at least) Stormlord is shit (not like you can ask the enemy to wait while one cast some storms that takes all too long to cast).

And trying to use end/power drain styles with 2000-2200 hp (where say a assains pa+cd+debuffs plus 1th round of poison etc reomove 1200-1600 hp, or even kill a chainmail wearing tank-hybrid before stun is gone) is not a bright idea, must make stun/make dmg faster then the assasin or other tank classes, who got USEFULL ML solo abilities.

Grapple+cb is the only real useful ml ability for my class, and if lucky i can use it each 10 sec and unlike zephyr and some other things the grappled person can interrupt and either use own spells/CL spells to make dmg or to heal up.

Spymaster,Warguard, BaneLord,Soj etc etc, all of them have nice abilites that can be used very often (since not only one usefull ability).

If it's so easy to interupt, why even bother using it? And for my warrior, how does CB+Grapple help me? ML's aren't the end of solo RvR. Keep using the game mechanics though, loads of skill needed to press 2 buttons and win, it's almost like you're an BD! :m00:

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
and on another note, thane aint meant to solo, your a group class.. you should consider that too.

kekekeke. :p

Still, you have atleast four usefull abilities (well, five really, I always use Decoy to get rid of traps) Thanes have one semi-usefull ability :p But I ain't really complaining since I'm stormlord.

Fcking stormlord.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Eithor said:

First of all you need some body resists =)) My bombers hitting you for 600+crit is never good for your health =)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
SoS/Charge prevent you getting CC'd after youve hit them. With grapple you can be grappled and then charge out of it iirc.

Overall, it looks like someone got owned and felt so frustrated they decided to right now it though, not as a bug report, but as a report of abuse.

Oh, and they should make the stun immunity work with styles, though I do solo on a caster, rather than a melee class, so i'm biased. ;)
*Well I can get grappled and then SoS away to hopefully move out of range of the caster assist train in time (unless speedwarped, then it doesn't work), while using SoS I'm still grappled so I can't use my weapons.

*I can also get rooted and then SoS away and after 10secs be stuck rooted somewhere else hopefully out of danger (if I hit someone during SoS, it breaks and I'm rooted again at the spot).

*I can also use PS while grappled to be immune to all damage for it's duration. Only when mezzed/stunned I can't use SoS/PS, and that's how it should be - cause then I can't cast any spell at all, while all spells work while grappled/rooted (I can also interrupt as much as I want then).

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Caeli said:
Even you must see the diffrence between a bug and working as intended. Maybe it's not bug abusing, but it's sure bug using. Not all has a charge on suit to use. And not all should need to have a charge on suit, just to counter Mythics poor coding.

Its not a bug, therefore the one using it, is not bug abusing or using. Just because you dont like it that it happens to you doesnt make it any more of bug(ab)use. And you dont need to alter your suit, you can just craft a weapon or so with it. Or some drop jewelry with a charge. People whine about it, because it requires adapting your own playstyle in some way. I remember Eithor using CB+grapple on my minstrel. Happens once, you die. Happens twice and you adapt and might or might not win.

I could see your point if you would call it lame. That's an opinion, and not stating it as a cold fact. I think its kinda lame too, depending on the class. Then again, so much stuff in DAOC is considered lame depending on the PoV (victim versus user). Viper 3 + LeftAxe Mechanics + Enduring Posion (ML3 Passive Spymaster) = 80% chance to get a free 100~ dmg-add in the first two, three swings. Lame from my PoV as a ranger, 'no care' from my PoV as a Nightshade with Remedy up, 'working as intended' if I would have a SB.

And to compare CB abusing with someone using a Realm Ability or someone playing a poorly specced character is beyond crap. If you actually managed to grow up sometime you might actually make sense at times. Now stop sprouting random crap and get back in your corner.

Drop the attitude. Not if you are any better. You play classes with get-out-of-jail cards aswell. Imagine a warrior with Testudo against MOC-loltappers, TWF, Malice /use2 on enemies etc etc. If you actually managed to grow up sometime you might actually use that ability when its useful instead of being the 'lol look at me Im the last kobold standing and Im staying alive for 30 secs longer against a FG!!111'. Now stop sprouting random crap and learn to see things from another perspective.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Caeli: on ur Warrior, quite easy to both put frigg as well as heal yourself, or use CL debuffs + dots on the enemy, quite lots of things you could do ;)

And yeah, popping CB stunfeedback each 10th min, then if no minst or any hib caster dont try to stun you (etc) i might be able to grapple and avoid stun, then that person need to lack a brain, or me to have luck with timers, or that the bastard don't nuke me down somehow lol...
... Almost comparable to a BD... Yeah close...Zzzz

liloe: Yeah i know hehe. But can't have it all, and no matter if 400 dmg or 650 dmg per nuke, with 2000-2200 hp i'll die before stun is gone anyway.
Focusing on spell(range, speed, pure dmg etc) and melee dmg, and melee defence. Usually either a caster nuke me dead in 3-7 seconds, or i do that to the caster - interrupts/nuking is my defence there, heh.

GrivneKelmorian:
"give me one ml line where everything is very usefull.
perhaps conjurner but other then that.

spymaster got maybe 4 abilitys that i consider usefull (enduring poisons, poisonspike, sabotage and mezzvenom).

And yes, i played my thane solo too, quit that when i found out how boring the visible classes solo life is. :p"

4 usefull, wow want to trade for my 1? :)
Actually give me ANY kind of usefull solo ML toy, can't consider 1 that might help me each 10th min (making my enemy untouchable to melee).

I don't find my solo play boring at all (well ofc getting ganked by grps visible or stealted ain't fun) ofc to have no solo usefull ML ability sucks.

I do play in groups, but got most of mt rr10l+ from solo and duoing so telling me I shouldn't solo on my thane is... a bad idea since i do ok with it and enjoy it. But you could be right mby not for all people :)

Nate

FH is my second home
Cromcruaich said:
Give yourself a cookie.

i did :D tasted great! specially with carebear gold

Tuthmes said:
Good to see you got the point Nate! :)
missed Necro's i think, there prettymuch unstoppable against a meleer..oh and wardens!

sure rangers and ns's might be a little easier to deal with now but seeing as puppet seems to be including previously unbalanced classes, such as warlocks i guess they can be included.

btw, are warlocks still pretty imbalanced? are they a lot worse then any other caster class you come across with a melee type? i hardly see them anymore, except a few lamer guilds running em

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Nate said:
i did :D tasted great! specially with carebear gold

missed Necro's i think, there prettymuch unstoppable against a meleer..oh and wardens!

sure rangers and ns's might be a little easier to deal with now but seeing as puppet seems to be including previously unbalanced classes, such as warlocks i guess they can be included.

btw, are warlocks still pretty imbalanced? are they a lot worse then any other caster class you come across with a melee type? i hardly see them anymore, except a few lamer guilds running em

In 1vs1 or small group rvr, yeh they still are (But nowaday's firewizz dmg might be even more annoying). Like Puppet said there are so many example's where the 1vs1 isnt "fair". My ranger vs a bd is just taking the piss. When i hade high sm/dem spec vs a mincer, its no joy for the mincer. Then again shield user's (especially thanes) made my vamp cry. Just because you cant beat someone, doesnt mean the class is OP and needs a nerf (or reporting them to RN for using its ability's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom