To inform the community; CB + grapple

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Eleasias said:
Ok I'm gonna report everyone using mez feedback because they are bypassing my casted mez on them. I'm gonna report bladeturn users because they are bypassing my hit on them. I'm gonna report people with brittle guards because they are bypassing my melee hit. etc, list is endless.

CB stun feedback is in the game for an intended purpose. That purpose is to give you 1 stun immunity. It does not say which stun it is supposed to block, ie. all stuns. If they dont want it affecting some stuns, they code it that way. The game has actions with a purpose, and counteractions to block them, it is the way its supposed to be. If its not, then they change it.

edit; for example one big difference with the old "too many buffs to get grappled" thing was not an intended purpose of having many buffs, meaning its a bug. CB stun feedback is used for excactly what its description says, blocking a stun, its intended purpose in the first place, how can it be bug abuse?

(fyi I havent played a battlemaster char in ages so I dont have any personal feelings about this)

I tottaly agree with you.Just another stupid answer from GOA to bypass a problem they cant solve atm. So ill report to GOA about GOA bypassing the problem with a Correct-Answer imunity

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
so goa are saying battlemasters aren't allowed to use CB or aren't allowed to use grapple? yet again they fuck up and punish the community.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Slam 1st then Grapple eventually is my motto ;)

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
This must be joke...

If they are dumb they indeed are dumb.
Lets think it like this: I put CB stun on for those bloody hib casters. But then, there comes BM using Grapple. *SMACK* Banstick! ouuch!
Damn morons working at GoA.. :twak:

WAKE UP COWS! :m00: I punish GoA for abusing us players with their stupid "laws".

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
It's just Mythic's flaw in coding, they could have made a second "stun" type effect and use that for grapple but they are lazy and just copy+paste the same stun code they use for every other casted stun in the game thus letting it affect grapple stun.
Personally I will keep using it, like some posters above me I agree that it's stupid that you are not allowed to use grapple/tendrils with your stun feedback on, if Mythic thinks this is a big problem they should fix the stun effect from grapple/tendrils which shouldn't be too hard at all.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Ahtlehson said:
If they are dumb they indeed are dumb.
Lets think it like this: I put CB stun on for those bloody hib casters. But then, there comes BM using Grapple. *SMACK* Banstick! ouuch!
Damn morons working at GoA.. :twak:

WAKE UP COWS! :m00: I punish GoA for abusing us players with their stupid "laws".
lols, did you even read the thread before flaming you noob? thats not what its about jesus

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
lol if they dont try fix it, its going to be used and if they ban people for using something they havent been bothered to fix, then they deserve a big clap

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Bet all wardens will panic about this :-/

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Ok I'm gonna report everyone using mez feedback because they are bypassing my casted mez on them. I'm gonna report bladeturn users because they are bypassing my hit on them. I'm gonna report people with brittle guards because they are bypassing my melee hit. etc, list is endless.

CB stun feedback is in the game for an intended purpose. That purpose is to give you 1 stun immunity. It does not say which stun it is supposed to block, ie. all stuns. If they dont want it affecting some stuns, they code it that way. The game has actions with a purpose, and counteractions to block them, it is the way its supposed to be. If its not, then they change it.

CB stun feedback is intended to make you immune to a castable stun or a stun style, not the stun from an ML ability. Common sense would say that if that was the case, why did they remove normal stun immunitythingie with grapple stun?

And i was just informing about how GoA stands in the question. Dont shoot the messanger :p

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
using cermonial and geting a free tendril aint the end of the world. However thanes using cermonial+grapple is abit silly (you can almost compare that grapple with an fz).

Thane eg: slam nuke abit, grapple with cermonial stun up...nuke some more, then st and keep nuking and runing in the st 24/7.

I wouldn't mind having it fixed but geting banned for something like this would be extremly silly. After all, of course you should be allowed to use your ml stuff when you have cermonial up :)

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Bondoila said:
using cermonial and geting a free tendril aint the end of the world. However thanes using cermonial+grapple is abit silly (you can almost compare that grapple with an fz).

Thane eg: slam nuke abit, grapple with cermonial stun up...nuke some more, then st and keep nuking and runing in the st 24/7.

indeed. or a scout with that up.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
indeed. or a scout with that up.
More okay on scout, he could as well have picked soj and used fz and gotten the same effect without needing to have an arti up.
But sure the scout might pic that line so he can play gay and bg an inf or so and still get the ~fz (cer+grapp) :<

Puppet

Part of the furniture
GrivneKelmorian said:
CB stun feedback is intended to make you immune to a castable stun or a stun style, not the stun from an ML ability.

No, CB-stun feedback is intended to make you immune to stuns casted (or insta-shouted) upon you. Melee styles it will not block. Grapple casts (insta) a stun on yourselves. Why shouldn't it block that one ?

Stun feedback aint doing anything at all on Hib-classes in practice in solo-fights (where the 'abuse' is the biggest), because the only enemy who can stun you is the mincer. However, stun-feedback means his timer aint resetted, so he can stun immediatly again after it took away the stun-feedback.

CB Stun-feedback also makes you immune to rangers RR5-'desperate bowman' stun-component, is that working as intended aswell ? Oh and Desperate Bowman doesnt work on RR5'ed Bonedancers aswell. Which by the way are immune to melee-stuns aswell with that buff, where it says 'resisting nearsight and all crowd control spells'.

Anyhow, alot of words, but in practice its silly to call the CB+Grapple abuse, which is the only useable ability for Battlemasters in solo-fights for most BG-classes.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Puppet said:
No, CB-stun feedback is intended to make you immune to stuns casted (or insta-shouted) upon you. Melee styles it will not block. Grapple casts (insta) a stun on yourselves. Why shouldn't it block that one ?

Stun feedback aint doing anything at all on Hib-classes in practice in solo-fights (where the 'abuse' is the biggest), because the only enemy who can stun you is the mincer. However, stun-feedback means his timer aint resetted, so he can stun immediatly again after it took away the stun-feedback.

CB Stun-feedback also makes you immune to rangers RR5-'desperate bowman' stun-component, is that working as intended aswell ? Oh and Desperate Bowman doesnt work on RR5'ed Bonedancers aswell. Which by the way are immune to melee-stuns aswell with that buff, where it says 'resisting nearsight and all crowd control spells'.

Anyhow, alot of words, but in practice its silly to call the CB+Grapple abuse, which is the only useable ability for Battlemasters in solo-fights for most BG-classes.

Yah thought cb didnt block melee stun's. Anyways less trying to invent the whiel again. If this whas a bug abuse it would have bin reported 2 years ago.

And what Puppet said.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
so is hitting charge when grappled illegal as well then????? not that i give a shit........:kissit:

Arathan

Fledgling Freddie
So the next time I try to grapple someone who happens to be charging, I should make sure to fraps it and report him to Rightnow? Because that's exactly what they're saying in the reply.

Grapple is supposed to stun/incapacitate both sides. Any way to bypass this on either side is concidered as not working as intended and thus, as you say, can be reported for bug abusing.
(My emphasis)

This is a stupid reply and I for one will keep using CB to ignore the stun component of grapple when I have reason/possibility to on my warden.

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
Dwera got powned and are now trying to find some earthly bug like reason for WHY THIS COULD HAPPEN????

It may be a bug, but im quite sure it have been reported a million times and have not yet been fixed, hence it is working as intended for all i care.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Arathan said:
So the next time I try to grapple someone who happens to be charging, I should make sure to fraps it and report him to Rightnow? Because that's exactly what they're saying in the reply.

(My emphasis)

This is a stupid reply and I for one will keep using CB to ignore the stun component of grapple when I have reason/possibility to on my warden.
Yeah, I should be able to use SoS when I get grappled. It's a RA (cost 5rsp) on a 10min timer, while Grapple is a spammable ML. SoS/Charge is supposed to stop ALL Crowd Control, and working as intended then. SoS/Charge should ignore Speedwarp also then (wich it doesn't), but that's another issue.

Apparently the person from Goa who made that reply is just stupid and forgot to check up on things. CB+Grapple is not abuse, it's working as intended by Mythic. (I don't have any Battlemaster chars, but I really think it's all fair as it is now.)

Nuxtobatns said:
i talked with requiel a bit.. from what i understood... there is no point of discussion. its all ok as it is. cba to attach the pretty small dialogue screenie.
That's comforting.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

why? because normal stun immunity dosnt make you immune to grapple stun.

Tuthmes said:
Yah thought cb didnt block melee stun's. Anyways less trying to invent the whiel again. If this whas a bug abuse it would have bin reported 2 years ago.

And what Puppet said.

read the original post and look at the reply i got from GoA; avoiding getting stunned from the grapple componant is considerd and will be treated as bug abuse.

Hrymf said:
Dwera got powned and are now trying to find some earthly bug like reason for WHY THIS COULD HAPPEN????

actually i didnt, so cut your bullshit. killed one of the two scouts doing it to me ;p

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Yes lets ban whole community tbh, coz they find a way to "bypass" something that is their fault and they should fix. Imo, thats what "hackers" do, (tho i dont like the meaning of the word) but they help their admins making better networks, so we are here to fix their problems you know.

Just my 2 cents

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
what a load of bullsnaps, well im not going to grapple less with my warden after this, even IF i "happen" to have my CB stun immunity up :p

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Being a grapple bot most of my time in 8man rvr this doesnt bother me at all really....I use CB stun Immune a lot because stuns more of a problem to me than mez since ive got purge and 1 or 2 de mezzers in group also with purge.

Sometimes by the time charge is down on enemy tanks and i grapple i still have stun immune up and hence free to run off and do something else...its not deliberate, 75% of the time someone will have already tried to stun me and used up my feedback so its no big deal.

I dont ever use CB+Grapple in 1v1 but it was fun to use it on adding stealthers who jumped me during a fair fight....guess i might not use it in those situations anymore...but tbh it wa fun seeing the adding bastages stunned there whilst i finished off the first guy (hopefully) healed to full then beat them down.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
I tottaly agree with you.Just another stupid answer from GOA to bypass a problem they cant solve atm. So ill report to GOA about GOA bypassing the problem with a Correct-Answer imunity

haha, have a rep.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Seems noone likes the goa reply.

I think it is a fair judgement and a fair reply...

IF !!!

they get the bug fixed in 1, 2 patches max.

saying you can`t do this, but we don`t plan on fixing it anytime soon would be just stupid.

saying you can`t do that and we`ll have it fixed within 1 month would be fair.

seems like they need to change the self stun component from a spell to a mellee thing.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Dr_Evil said:
Yeah, I should be able to use SoS when I get grappled. It's a RA (cost 5rsp) on a 10min timer, while Grapple is a spammable ML. SoS/Charge is supposed to stop ALL Crowd Control, and working as intended then. SoS/Charge should ignore Speedwarp also then (wich it doesn't), but that's another issue.

SoS/Charge prevent you getting CC'd after youve hit them. With grapple you can be grappled and then charge out of it iirc.

Overall, it looks like someone got owned and felt so frustrated they decided to right now it though, not as a bug report, but as a report of abuse.

Oh, and they should make the stun immunity work with styles, though I do solo on a caster, rather than a melee class, so i'm biased. ;)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Calmin said:
Being a grapple bot most of my time in 8man rvr this doesnt bother me at all really....I use CB stun Immune a lot because stuns more of a problem to me than mez since ive got purge and 1 or 2 de mezzers in group also with purge.

Sometimes by the time charge is down on enemy tanks and i grapple i still have stun immune up and hence free to run off and do something else...its not deliberate, 75% of the time someone will have already tried to stun me and used up my feedback so its no big deal.

I dont ever use CB+Grapple in 1v1 but it was fun to use it on adding stealthers who jumped me during a fair fight....guess i might not use it in those situations anymore...but tbh it wa fun seeing the adding bastages stunned there whilst i finished off the first guy (hopefully) healed to full then beat them down.

Indeed, if it where bug abuse it would render the stun block of cb completly useless for battlemasters. Could always argue you put it up for the nasty stun assist nuke and forgot it whas up, or you pressed the wrong use for cb, etc.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Indeed, if it where bug abuse it would render the stun block of cb completly useless for battlemasters. Could always argue you put it up for the nasty stun assist nuke and forgot it whas up, or you pressed the wrong use for cb, etc.

Exactly, so from my point of view...if i grapple hax (as we call it) in 8v8 its an accident and i dont plan on not running with stun CB up just because of this GoA email.

I can already feel my usual grapple targets getting ready to fraps me!

Hi Shivae, Sept, and the rest of you lovely lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom