To all the wankers on albion

P

Pouget

Originally posted by =Shazzy=
Arthwyr/Gawain

DO YOU KNOW THIS IS A FUCKING GAME - ITS NOT REAL - ITS A GAME DID THIS INTO YOUR THICK AND SMALL SKULL..

You need to go outside more and i don't mean school i mean go outside and get some friends have some fun - get a girlfriend.

well i'm going back to my group in Lyonesse where we are having fun cos we have lives and friends - cya later

Exactly. Since it is a game, I see no reason for not having fun with every possible way. I just don't see much fun dissing other people in the game, especially yelling personal insults. I find it just plain naive and childish.

And besides, I believe you can have fun with the game even though you wouldn't have any friends or a girlfriend.

Like Arthwyr, I have also had unfortunate experiences with members of Phoenix Guard. Please, try to be more open and less immature. After all, you said it yourself, it is just a game and everyone should have fun with it. No reason to get angry or mad over a game.

Over and out.

O

old.Second

just want to say my opinion:p

I HAAAAAAAATE TANGLERS

So i usualy says no to a tangler grp=) why? Because it takes 5 hours to get a buble and 2 kills to loose that xp.

The funny thing is tho:

some infil: Hey can you root?
me: nope
same infil: ok soz dont need you.
me: well if its tanglers then i'm not interested anyway.

10 mins later
Infil was killed by pygmy goblin
rest of grp killed by goblins

infil: hey you wanna join? we need pbt
me: naaah still no tanglers for me =)
infil: come ooooon we wont die
me: ok i'll come and try

we start pulling. Getting about 1 mill/kill (the same as you get if you do a low green with someone else)

after 3 pulls i die because 1 pyg attacks me and noone else comes to take its agro=)

so i leave and gets flamed from the grp=)

FFS i get more xp soloing moonliches (28mill/kill) and with mcl and serenity the mana gets back pretty fast:p

O

old.krane

Originally posted by =Shazzy=
Arthwyr/Gawain

LOL this guys was at Lyonesse again about an hour ago and he wanted to join are group, since people have seen this post who in there right mind wants this wanker "as he called us" in are groups, so he sat down for a while moaning like a little girl and then he came out with a sentence "You do know i've logged this chat" well i was scared out of my boots - please sir don't tell on me, you stupid twat what will Mythic do ban us? warn us? NO so whats the point in logged the chat.....

DO YOU KNOW THIS IS A FUCKING GAME - ITS NOT REAL - ITS A GAME DID THIS INTO YOUR THICK AND SMALL SKULL..

You need to go outside more and i don't mean school i mean go outside and get some friends have some fun - get a girlfriend.

Retard you need to watch your manner instead of telling us what to do - We are all HUMAN we are all not the same not all of us have manners. then you have to remind yourself if people know your an asshole who is going to invite you into groups when you post things like this... that was a big NO NO...

well i'm going back to my group in Lyonesse where we are having fun cos we have lives and friends - cya later

ok..enough..

Who the F*ck do u think u r man? Just because u finally managed to get to 40 u think u have the right to speak like this to ppl?

U r one hella good example of those new albs who HAVE NO MANNERS and kinda RUIN THE FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE IN LYONESSE..

Arthwyr was playing this game when the Royal Bavarians and some other good old beta chaps invented the tangler pulling WHAT U ACTUALLY DO atm...

SO STFU U GODDAMN NOOB..

Btw...this is NOT the first time we have problems with Phoenix guard ppl...they r usually like this..

E

elbeek

OMFG, Shazzy it is you who needs to get out more. Arth and others will still be playing this game when you have been booted, take a chill pill chap.

J

Jiggs

imo rogue class are VERY important at tangler, after all there is soo much loot to pick up on those Big tang pulls :)
remember kids:

1. tanks hold aggro/protect caster
2. caster cc/nuke
3. healer buff/heal
4. rogues pick up loot

Seriously tho can't your guild help you?? get a 50 sorcerer and a 50 wizzard and you be 50 in no time :)

Shazzy pretty nasty words there BUT art did start this threads by calling a load of people wankers. when u insult peeps you just lower yourself to their level i think. instead to be positive and DO SOMETHING about it!!

tang have a general problem where groups get bad habits cos there are so many people milling around.

and finthevasata probably covered group thing best but fact is pbaoe groups own anything. period.

F

Flimgoblin

pbaoe is ace :) especially with a cleric tanking ;)

(well only if he's buffed by your neighborhood friendly earth wizards!)

<subliminal message>Earth wizards rock, group with earth wizards</subliminal message>

R

razorboy

Agreed with arthwyr.

Best way to lvl at 42ish now is make regular groups (find good players you know at ur lvl and make a group with them every time), like I did once with 4 men doing tanglers, exp rocked :)

Just try to avoid the noobs..

R

razorboy

Originally posted by old.krane

U r one hella good example of those new albs who HAVE NO MANNERS and kinda RUIN THE FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE IN LYONESSE..

<snip>

SO STFU U GODDAMN NOOB..

Righton! :clap:

A

Arthwyr

Shazzy pretty nasty words there BUT art did start this threads by calling a load of people wankers. when u insult peeps you just lower yourself to their level i think. instead to be positive and DO SOMETHING about it!!

The thread title is "To all the wankers in albion" I gues if you recognise yourself in the points I discribe in it, it does mean i called you a wanker. Plenty of ppl read it and don't seem to be offended by it at all. In dutch there is a saying in the line of : "if the shoe fits, you put it on "

J

Javai

Originally posted by Arthwyr

In dutch there is a saying in the line of : "if the shoe fits, you put it on "

The English equivalent is 'If the cap fits, wear it'

/end public service announcement

J

Jiggs

the current ppl in alb around 40 r mostly bigmouth noobs with NO manners..

Originally posted by Arthwyr

The thread title is "To all the wankers in albion" I gues if you recognise yourself in the points I discribe in it, it does mean i called you a wanker. Plenty of ppl read it and don't seem to be offended by it at all. In dutch there is a saying in the line of : "if the shoe fits, you put it on "

hmm well Krane's comment was the bit i found offensive. No I don't think it refers to me but its still downright rude.

I don't know how bad your understanding of english is (you're dutch i guess?) but i was being critical of your tone. I just dont think calling people wankers is a good thing. If you insult people you demean yourself: this is the crux of what i am saying. Do you understand this concept?

better to be slow to judge and quick to learn then the other way around. Far to often these forums are home to knee jerk reactions (which are fun sometimes ;))

and the saying should be: 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone' not that nonsense about shoes which is a cheap shot :)

S

=Shazzy=

to be honest stealther do have a hard time grouping, but i do think you should have made the name of the topic different as you can see what abuse can start from it - i'm sorry for the thing i said it was early in the morning and i was sleepy

O

old.Kiarra

Originally posted by razorboy
Agreed with arthwyr.

Best way to lvl at 42ish now is make regular groups (find good players you know at ur lvl and make a group with them every time), like I did once with 4 men doing tanglers, exp rocked :)

Arthwyr ..... Anytime :D

G

Girigu Shadaar

What is this dirt throwing contest?

Greetings People,

I am Phoenix Guard GM and this thread has gotten me both sad and amused.

Ok, lets first talk about Phoenix Guard reputation. We have good reputation and we are friendly people. If you want to verify this ask any high officers in our alliance (as they know us best). What comes to Krane's comments: He is Red Devils GM. Red Devils left the alliance as no one in the alliance could take their attitude and inability to cooperate. Phoenix Guard too got tired of them in the end and requested their removal from alliance. Due to this fact Krane seems to have some bad blood against us. If you want to check these facts you can talk to Methos or any other high Fellowship alliance officer. I find it sad and low to use things like this thread to attack a guild.

I would also like you to name the phoenix guard members you claim you have in your norez list. It would be interesting to see how many you can name and if they in fact are respected citizens of Albion.

What comes to Shazzys message it was abusive and he has removed it now. We have not yet found out what exactly happened in lyonesse but this will be done and the details will be posted here. Personally I dont value high an author who starts his post like this thread has been started but I dont value any higher shazzy who responded in the same manner.

If you want to discuss this online please pm me for cg invite.

best regards,
Girigu Shadaar
Phoenix Guard GM

A

Arthwyr

Be happy to sort this ingame.

Personally I dont value high an author who starts his post like this thread has been started but I dont value any higher shazzy who responded in the same manner.

Well its the shazzys in the game that have driven me to do a post like this cause some things just need to be said. If you check the albion excali board on bw you will find an entire series of post all concerning the poor attitude of alot of the newer players. If your gonna Ignore that and value me less over it for saying what should have been said a long time ago then thats your fullest right. I prefer to be valued by the ppl I group with and the ones I get or got to know during my 6+ months of doac anyhow. I can be a persons best friend or worst enemy, everybody gets the bennefit of the doubt so its really all out of my hands.

E

Eldren

Just me or are the BW DAoC Forums more fun than the game recently?

Ok Arth's gotta point - manners in lyonesse seem to be at an all time low. And no, its not just infils/scouts that are getting the silence treatment when asking for groups; I have a polearm tank in the mid 30's, and i'd say 30% of the time (in lyonesse) when i ask for a group i get no reply whatsoever, its RUDE. The trick is to just move on, try another group, or just take a break for an hour or so.

However theres no need to start a thread entitled

*To all the wankers on albion*

The fact is that plenty of people get treated unfairly/rudely/mutely(!) in Lyonesse every day, while it is sad, a post like this is not going to have any positive effect (more likely to have a negative effect?).

So chin up, LFG on, and hope like hell that you get a group ;)

As for the Phoenix Guard, well i don't know Shazzy, but his original post, which was childish, pathetic and amusing all at the same time is not representative of their members in general, who are mature and nice people.

Finally -

Btw...this is NOT the first time we have problems with Phoenix guard ppl...they r usually like this..

Sorry Krane, but thats just too funny now its been put in context ;)

V

Vireb

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Even with my theurg i sometimes cant find groups for 1-2 hours in Lyon.
I go play my main and have some fun in emain ... no wait, 1.50 ruined that - well that belongs in another thread really, just wanted to whine.

Groups can be hard to get in Lyon.

always barrows/df man serious ppl get so stuck on tanglers its pathetic
as for arthwer moaning about grping tough shit it happens wyou chose a class that you KNEW was hard to grp live with it. you think all the other infils havent been through this before? what makes you special that you shouldnt have to go through it?
personally yep i help guild infils scouts etc in a grp if were ok but arthwer mate unless you pay everyones prescription ppl will play how they want to play they want to lvl there char not yours if you have about as much to offer them as a dead cat and a rotton sandwich there thinking wtf am i helping him for. YOU chose to make a 'RVR' guild being L33T from everyone else (hey you even tried it before but failed) if your having probs xping your alt then dont be in a rvr guild simple you find most infiltrators once they hit 50 its.
"hey thanx guild for helping me lvl this bitch of a char to 50"

you wanna make your so called elitism guild live with it , you wanna make a char in the guild thats a bitch to lvl live with it just dont expect other ppl to lvl a char that offers fuck all to them especially when you will lvl you'll get to emain go solo and farm rps all for yourself.

............. end of rant LOL

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Re: What is this dirt throwing contest?

Originally posted by Girigu Shadaar
Greetings People,

I am Phoenix Guard GM and this thread has gotten me both sad and amused.

Ok, lets first talk about Phoenix Guard reputation. We have good reputation and we are friendly people. If you want to verify this ask any high officers in our alliance (as they know us best).

Absolutely! PG has a good reputation.

I tried to carefully steer clear of this thread, but im now involved anyway. :) (no worries Girigu :) ) so...

Grouping, being an infil or scout, is hard... but what i don't understand is why it needs to be such a big deal... I personally got my armsman to lvl50 with all the different types of groups and people you can possibly imagine... ive had really bad groups and excellent groups that level you in no-time. I soon realised that infils and scouts have more trouble leveling than most other classes. (im not using the term Rogue, because a minstrel is a rogue too and doesn't have the same trouble a infil/scout has)

So, when my armsman was lvl50 and got nuked, stunned, beaten on and generally pummeled in RvR i decided to make a Infil alt..

At this time i fully realised how hard it is to level an infil

but did it anyway...

He is now lvl36 and i think i've been in a total of 10 groups till now.

When i go to lyonesse i come packed with poison and bolts and i go happily soloing... i put my lfg flag on and will see what happens... if i get asked for group im happy...if i don't im getting xp soloing and having fun chatting with my guildmates or my friends.... this is the way i've decided to level my infil.

Now when i hit 40 with my infil xp will be a lot slower... so then i will pull out my charm, good looks and the experience i've attained leveling my main to 50 and i will start groups. If that doesnt work, i will turn to my guild for help/groups... and if that doesnt work either i will turn back to the style im accustomed to and play solo again, only slower.

And don't tell me Infils can't solo... infils who say that are infils with bad gear.

If all else fails... make a group with 7 infils and 1 cleric..

May sound mad to you, but you will be surprised what 7xPA does to a mob :)

And as for scouts... i think times will get better now the chains are gone... more pulling means a good job for a scout. If i were in a treegroup, i would like to have at least 1 scout in the group able to pull the mobs.

What comes to Krane's comments: He is Red Devils GM. Red Devils left the alliance as no one in the alliance could take their attitude and inability to cooperate. Phoenix Guard too got tired of them in the end and requested their removal from alliance. Due to this fact Krane seems to have some bad blood against us. If you want to check these facts you can talk to Methos or any other high Fellowship alliance officer. I find it sad and low to use things like this thread to attack a guild.

I feel the need for a political nuance right now... :)

Red Devils and Fellowship seemed to have different short-term goals and that brought some differences in opinion. In the last few days of Red Devils in the alliance there were struggles from both sides. RD wanted to get into Albion United and some guilds didn't want RD in the alliance anymore. There were some ugly things said on alliance chat but that was swiftly dealt with. That's when i had a talk with Krane and we decided it was best to let RD leave the alliance. This was done peacefully.

On a personal note: Both Krane and Girigu are experienced players who have my respect. Krane values his experience a lot and that shows in the way he writes on the forum. However, blaming Phoenix Guard continuously and saying 'they are usually like this' isn't really constructive and will get you nowhere. The bigger a guild gets, the more you will see different kinds of people. Girigu, being PG GM, had to respond to this flame cos it went out of hand, and has done this adequatly and eloquently :)
I can imagine it's not easy being a GM of a big guild.

As for Arthwyr: i can guess what mood he was in when he wrote this... there have been times i was fuming with anger over something... and i can only guess Arthwyr outed his anger in a posting here.

Now we can either continue the flamefestival and get everyone to dislike eachother or we can finally start working together.

A

Arthwyr

you wanna make your so called elitism guild live with it , you wanna make a char in the guild thats a bitch to lvl live with it just dont expect other ppl to lvl a char that offers fuck all to them especially when you will lvl you'll get to emain go solo and farm rps all for yourself.

uhm where did that come from, read initial post again, reread and then post again, thank you. As for infils not offering anything to a group thats amusing coming from someone who plays a friar.

N

Northstarr

well i find it amusing u complaining no one will let u in their grp where as u are the gm of a guild that wont let any1 in who doesnt have a lvl 50 char. also saying "phoenix guard are usually like this" u must have met about 1% of the guild then. and friars offer a lot to grps (healing, buffs, tanking, resist chants)

D

Danya

What's the issue with only letting levels 50s into a guild? If the guild focus is RvR or high level mob raiding then anyone below 45 isn't going to be able to contribute at all, and will end up feeling left out and shunned by the guild. Capping it off at 50 means everyone has all their time spare for the task at hand rather than having to take time to XP their main continuously.

V

Vireb

Originally posted by Northstarr
well i find it amusing u complaining no one will let u in their grp where as u are the gm of a guild that wont let any1 in who doesnt have a lvl 50 char. also saying "phoenix guard are usually like this" u must have met about 1% of the guild then. and friars offer a lot to grps (healing, buffs, tanking, resist chants)
my point when i see lvl 30s who havent got a lvl 50 running about with 'first cohort' under there name i think ill faint, yes its your guild yes you choose who to recruit BUT chars like infils scouts need guild support to lvl.you dont have that so i personally dont see your moaning valid at all , and so what if someone ignored you? shall i post everytime someone is in the game and rude? did you ever think the ignorance might not of been intentional did you ever think they might of been spammed for ages before with ppl asking for grps it gets old

as for playing a friar with evade 5 dodger 3 and master of parry 2 i tank as good as you paladin :p have pretty much same hp and i deal more dmg.oooo and hey gues what cleric pulls aggro the grp dont die you know why ? couse i can heal the cleric wow. hey also you see friar joins grp and hey look everyone is buffed to the nutz couse the cleric can drop his base buffs and concentrate on the special ones. pls dont take about something you know VERY little on okies so what can infiltrator do okies he can deal some dmg , hell so can wa wizz , infil deals dmg close in melee therefore pulling aggro and being a bitch of a mana drain to the cleric , wiz deals dmg from range and deals more dmg and hey wiz has limited cc too ooo and then there ebs. lemeee think infil deals dmg and creates mana drain and big downtime due to it woot i want a infil in all my grps now pls

O

old.Kiarra

Originally posted by Vireb

as for playing a friar with evade 5 dodger 3 and master of parry 2 i tank as good as you paladin :p have pretty much same hp and i deal more dmg.oooo and hey gues what cleric pulls aggro the grp dont die you know why ? couse i can heal the cleric wow. hey also you see friar joins grp and hey look everyone is buffed to the nutz couse the cleric can drop his base buffs and concentrate on the special ones. pls dont take about something you know VERY little on okies so what can infiltrator do okies he can deal some dmg , hell so can wa wizz , infil deals dmg close in melee therefore pulling aggro and being a bitch of a mana drain to the cleric , wiz deals dmg from range and deals more dmg and hey wiz has limited cc too ooo and then there ebs. lemeee think infil deals dmg and creates mana drain and big downtime due to it woot i want a infil in all my grps now pls

I agree on the friars, they team well with a cleric and damm useful when a pull goes all wrong :) I know from experience... But at the end of a day, each class is useful. ALL classes work well in grps. Why cant anyone see that ?

An Infilitrator is NOT a huge mana drain to a full rej cleric ! You should grp with one and see for yourself ;)

B

Brynn

friars

i know how good friars can be. I had a competition with vireb to see which one of us could keep the aggro off an orange telamon. I was a paladin using full twist chants and a 2hander. He managed to pull the aggro off me even when he gave me 3 hits head start. he pulled the aggro and kept it and didn't die.

A

Arthwyr

Sure vireb, whatever.

Lets go to barfog, your friar plays main tank on afanc then I play main tank on afanc and see who lasts longer. A good friar is a non rejuv specced friar so to be honest you only take up the space of a cleric in leveling groups or the place of a tank that can hold agro and not take too much damage. (my lvl 10 cleric prob heals better then you) You'r good in RvR cause you can do a bit of both and have perma sprint but in an XP group you are the definition of a gimp. As for your dodger and evade ... well guess what any 40+ infil has enough Realmpoints for at least dodger 2 to go along with his evade 6. With decent buffs (not the ones of a friar but of a real cleric) mobs hardly touch me. This thread is now off toppic for wich I thank you and you're right i'm an utter noob to Daoc and probably have much to learn from you.
Plz stick to the toppic at hand or start a new one. Oh and no offense to the friar class here, they are absolutely wonderful support or solo class in RvR.

A

Arthwyr

Guild is a RvR guild, we don't level, players who level don't RvR and therefore have no spot in the guild. Players who RVR ALOT are usualy lvl 50 hence the large number of lvl 50's in the guild. Gawain being in the guild is purely for administrative reasons so I don't have to switch between arth and gawain all the time. Btw we have a lvl 44 Infiltrator in the guild as main, elajt. And whats your obsession with the guild anyhow ? Jealous of its initial success in RvR ? Oo a guild with all lvl 50s lets take cheap shots at em for wanting to be with other players who concentrate on RvR alot. Oh and btw northstar you are one of the players on that no rezz list, actualy you're the 3rd name i took down if your GM wants he can contact me ingame and I'll give him the other names as well as well as why they are on it. If you have a problem with First Cohort start a toppic of your own.
Another off topic post for wich I apologise.

O

old.Second

Originally posted by old.Kiarra

An Infilitrator is NOT a huge mana drain to a full rej cleric ! You should grp with one and see for yourself ;)

Its usualy smite clerics that complains:p

O

old.Ramas

An Infilitrator is NOT a huge mana drain to a full rej cleric ! You should grp with one and see for yourself

hmmm, well I'd say this depends a lot on the specific infil.

A bad infil (normally one who can't find his or her detaunt style) can be a real problem for my cleric; but in most cases, the extra damage being done to the mob outweighs the healing concern easily.

What really makes a rejuv cleric run out of mana is taking too damn long to kill stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread