To all the wankers on albion

K

K0nah

tbh its funny that the classes that are most likely to keep the other classes alive and unmezzed/nuked in RvR have the hardest time lvling. Sure infs take more dmg in a grp than just about anyone if they get aggro, which is why they should use a shield in the left hand a) to detune the heavy dmg they they do avoiding getting aggro and b) give them another 5% chance not to get hit if they do get aggro. Scouts actually have very good defence and decent dmg if specd correctly, however the "singlefigure" weapon spec scouts dont do the breed any favors. Nor the ones unwilling to use the bow. Christ buy some cheap arrows and u will still do ALOT more dmg than with the sword. Personally I cant be assed with begging for a grp and never have been. Those 8hrs spent looking for a grp coulda got u 4-5 bubbles soloing.

O

old.BJ|Bored

actually they dont ;)

soloing a rogue, well for me at least, i kill a lot .. but then die once solo by making a mistake, or a stupid spawn etc and you lose all the exp you made in the last 4 hours.

T

Trubble

Needed classes

I dont think we can avoid discussing needed classes for an encounter.

For tanglers needed classes is "AE crowd control" and "Healing" in some form. Tanking is not really needed since gobboes die so fast.

For other group needed classes could be "Some form of Mezzing BAF adds", "Healing" and "Tanking, taking the beating".

You may want to call a Minstrel needed for powersong to reduce downtime, but I have seen groups work fine without.

For both these group types, once the needed classes has been recruited the rest of the group can be filled out with Damagedealers.

Now the bad news for infils is that they can only fit the Damagedealer spot. But almost all classes can fit that category so its a natural conclusion that infils will have a hard time finding a group...

... but when you get to RvR you reap the reward by getting one of the most fun and powerful RvR classes, so dont come crying at me. And infs doesnt have to care wether they can find a group in RvR or not - which I can say is not so easy for others.

Let me say for the record I play an inf too and I love infs in my groups for the damage they deal, but thats it, its for the damage. Its not for the tanking/mezzing/healing/pbting/powersong/buffing/....

Make me some waffles,
Mr. Wafeljern.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.BJ|Bored
actually they dont ;)

soloing a rogue, well for me at least, i kill a lot .. but then die once solo by making a mistake, or a stupid spawn etc and you lose all the exp you made in the last 4 hours.

Thats easy... dont make mistakes. You learn early on as a scout if things are going bad, i.e. u missed crit or fumbled/missed twice, u just run. Its as simple as that. Live to fight another day ;)

W

-Wedge-

For tanglers needed classes is "AE crowd control" and "Healing" in some form. Tanking is not really needed since gobboes die so fast.

No you dont, 4 wizzies below 44, 2 or 3 wizzies above 44 does the trick very nicely... Dont need crowd control, but have to agree, its nice ;)

For other group needed classes could be "Some form of Mezzing BAF adds", "Healing" and "Tanking, taking the beating".
Not really needed, tanks arent 'that uber'... A group example: 2 Infiltrators, 1 Scout, 1 Theurgist, 1 Minstrel, 2 Wizzies, 1 Cleric...

Took down Greater Telamons at level 38-42 (that was the level range) in under 10s flat... We let Infiltrators do what they do best, thats PA + CD + SS... PA + CD made them stand still, wizzies started blasting right away... By the time stun wore off, the tela's where almost dead...

Problem is, people think they know what good groups are, but actually have no clue... A 6 tanks + 1 CC + 1 Cleric group is a slow way to do tanglers... And people are one track minded, tree's and tanglers...

If you have no CC, try Arawn Priests... They're nice... So are several other mobs close by lyoness...

P

Pin

Okay, so people realise that Infiltrators have very high damage output (at 48/49 I was able to do 1600 damage to red con worms inside 6 seconds when fully buffed), but there's something that's been missed. We also have about the best defense in the game once we hit ~40+.

Evade 6 is base 30% chance to evade. Dodger 2 is easy to get for a 40+ Inf to boost this. Given Dex and Qui buffs, an inf will barely be touched (just look at all the posts about evade being too powerful) add BT and someone with shield spec putting guard on him and you won't find a better defense in the game (this is actually the first thing most tanks do wrong - they stick guard on the other tank in the group :rolleyes: )

So, there you have it. Infiltrators have the highest damage output and the best defense (post 40) to handle the aggro they'll get, it's just not enough people know how to use it.

S

skile

I like infiltrators. My impression of them is that they are dmg-givers. I don't mind inviting anyone of them.

I know the problem myself. Im a scout currently exp:ing at tanglers.

To all players in albion! Lower the xp priority a bit and do a big favour for your albion-friend. So what if you are 6 ppl doing fine? Invite a 7 and make him VERY happy.

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Pin
We also have about the best defense in the game once we hit ~40+.

Evade 6 is base 30% chance to evade. Dodger 2 is easy to get for a 40+ Inf to boost this.

So, there you have it. Infiltrators have the highest damage output and the best defense (post 40) to handle the aggro they'll get, it's just not enough people know how to use it.

hate to break this to you but friars have evade 5 + dodger x + 25% absorb buffed armour + 2handed crush damage (with styles that snare/stunn/debuff) + endurance regen (can taunt nonstop)

but yeah yeah i know i am only lev 44 and i dont know anything

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.BJ|Bored
tbh i dont see anything wrong with what happened to art..

5/6 ppl in a group say their fine.. well tought tbh, why should they drop their xp to group a 7th person ?

your on a list and group breaks up you cant expect your name on the list to be carried over to another group some1 joins ..

every1 who groups outside guild has spent ages sat waiting in lyon.
Have to say I agree, the only bit I saw that was bad was people ignoring Art... That just pisses me right off, anyone ignores me they go straight off the RvR grouping list (and it's not like people don't like minstrels in their groups :p)

G

grebneklaf

I actually often prefer infs over real tanks(maby cause i have one and know what they can do).

Take my lille ice wizzie and a couple of infs to a nice little place with mobs that baf............ one word PBAE(ok not actually a word)

edit: okay might need a healer but then most groups do

O

old.FIN

Group making

Well i make groups a lot, 2-8, depends what we can take

and also if u add 2 much peeps in group u get mob saying weee they have have more now, lets guys group also and go say hio to them, well then u notice that weee, no mezzer, BOOM we all dead, or at least 1-2 guys dead.....

I make balanced groups, i make rules, u listen , i take suggestions of course, i wont go to suicide missions, i dont listen moaning, if u r in a hurry and pull your own its your time to solo, kick is invented..

depends what character im playing, im looking different types of characters, tryin got keep the downtime low

With Pally, i need Buffer ( cleric), Caster, Mezzer, puller, and protection to those , then in group can be f.ex 1 infil, because he needs to lvl, and he dont usually get group, so its okies to get 1, but group with 2 many hard hitters that cant take aggro will get group killed, no offence just a fact, because they need healing a lot, clerics heal, clerics get aggro, clerics cant heal, clerics die, mob goes to next 1 and kills that 1, etc etc ,u know the drill

Then we go and TEST the group to easier mobs, go then to harder mobs, and finally to the mobs what we supposed to kill, then group gets used to each others playing styles, etc etc, also the time what takes from start to final point is based on the players and they experiment, lvl 49, fully chained, pwr lvl:ed , not listening, not knowledge guy, not welcome to my group...he/she will get all group killed...

Then i play with cabby, i need Tanks, to prot me, and then again same drill , what add, do we have mezzer, do i use pet, not pet, whats needed more, what mobs can take, etc etc

Infil, i look for groups that r balanced allrdy, and join them, or make a balanced group and add my self there,

Same with mincer, look casters, that have allrdy fixed they tanks t prot them self, and also count the size, if mobs will baf if i join, okies, i can mezz them, we all survive

Every character in this game have good and bad points, learn them, and look what u need to kill mobs, and what pother characters u need in group to make the downtime smaller and XP better, then learn the mobs what u can kill, where r those mobs, how to sort prot, guard, engage, intercept. Prot and Guard is the main thing, and learn them how they act, f.ex every1 prot cleric= casters will die fast, etc etc, solving prots and guards takes time usuallt 15 secs to make it work, and if u wanna u can change also prot and guard in middle of fight , its easy when u learn it, those times when i did tanglers, i used to change prot 3-4 times inside 1 pull, made all easy and i took all aggro, peeps were safe, u have to prot the dmg makers or dmg fixers, otherwise rthey get aggro, and they die, based: the more dmg u do, the less aggro u can take, and same goes for healing also, tnaks r the guys who take the aggro, so the rest can make the dmg, simply aint it =)

And as pally its easy to take aggro, and when i play cabby, i make prots so that arms or pally takes aggro, simple, and also its easy to change the aggro inside fight to different peeps, specially with heal chant, and its always funny to c a pally that has aggro , he twist twist twist to heal him self, and making the aggro stroinger to him self, even he is almost dead, on that point move the aggro to different guy, who can take the aggro, to turn on Armor chant , so the guy who u r giving the aggro, has better armor t take aggro , etc etc

AND doont try to join to groups that will spoil the aggro control because u c the group is doing fine, doesnt mean u can join there and all goes fine again.....

The groups TOP needs to know who he can add to group, he also needs to be awake 100% time, he desides who is puller, who does what, he makes the rules of the group, he is the boss, and the rest listen, and usually also when some new guy joins to group, he is okies for 1-2 pulls, then starts the moan, this is 2 slow, crab XP, i wanna pull, pla pla plaa, if u r invieted to group, be happy about it, just listen the job what is pointed to u, and do it, simple as that, and when u r doing your job, and no1 dies, u can be happy, u CAN take credit for saving your group =) and also same time u get XP and cash and fun chit chat, etc etc

i HATE those peeps that i invite to group, 1st they ask inside, then they try to control the group, by moaning all different kind of things, i dont invite peeps to my group to start moan asap as they get in.

And i know most of u peeps here , and u all know i will take u to group if group will survive and i know u listen to me, its same if its XP or RVR, because i will do the same, when invited, i ask who is leader, and listen to his advice what to do, simple.....

So if u have hard time for looking a group, im rdy to make 1, but i dont take no shit from any1 that has joined the group, because i aint in a hurry no where =)

And i always say also the reason what it is , why u r not inveted to the group , if u dont undewrstand the reason, then its not my prob

and this is not been pointed to no1 personally, becuase i havent hard core XP:ed in long time =)

but i will start again soon =)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Jiggs

hate to break this to you but friars have evade 5 + dodger x + 25% absorb buffed armour + 2handed crush damage (with styles that snare/stunn/debuff) + endurance regen (can taunt nonstop)

but yeah yeah i know i am only lev 44 and i dont know anything

Ah yes, Friars are also underestimated.

One thing Infs have over Friars in the evade dept. is that Dex and Qui both raise as you level (aswell the higher base evade) where Friars get neither. And Friars also have parry.

Friars will outdamage Infs over time (a few rounds after the Inf ran out of end).

O

old.Kiarra

Its so strange, some of you contradict one another by saying what is best. You just dont get it do you !! :rolleyes:

Different grps need different tactics, ALL grps whatever their makeup will work well....

Be patient, try things, work as a team and the team will rock !
Problem is, people think they know what good groups are, but actually have no clue... A 6 tanks + 1 CC + 1 Cleric group is a slow way to do tanglers... And people are one track minded, tree's and tanglers...
How very sad but true...

B

Bridge Trent

Concerning normal pygmy and tangler groups I have found the majority of groups there dont run lists as this is something that tends to happen at the trees (due to the limited camp spots I assume) if you are playing an alt is is easy to get frustrated with a group for not adding you to a "list" that doesnt exist and they have no idea what you are on about. When I have led groups at the goblins and get PM'd for a space and there is no room they often ask for the next free space. I always have to tell them that it depends what class we need for the group. I have had people curse me for not adding them to a list that doesnt exist and them not getting the place when someone leaves even if we need a healer or CC and they are a tank.
It is upto group who they decide to let in and the group leader IMO to reply to people asking to join. I lose count of the number of times I have had to PM people to appologise for the leader being an idiot.
As for groups in Keltoi, dont get me started!

S

snailbomb

Im a wanker and I will group with anyone :)

(and reply to messages if my keboard isn't all gooed up)

P

[PS]Venom

Got a message from a guildmember he wished passed on -

Lo Arthwyr/Gawain,

I may have been playing the Sorc u mention in the 1 episode (6 pps group ).

I got a message from my guild leader(Hienrich) telling me u were pissed off, for not guetting an answer.

That part i can really understand, and it was an 'accident'. U asked as the same time as a wizz, and i was so focused on answering him, that i didn t even notice ur request to join the group.

I had to check my log to be sure, u weren't mistaking me with another person. For that, I apologise sincerely.

I think of myself as a nice guy, and I always answer request from pps, if I'm not in the middle of a pull. The point of not getting more pps in the group, was that :

1 - I was powerleveling my real life friends char, and we actually did really fine. No one died in this group, so we were not near the 'dangerous' exping zone.

2 - We had an infiltrator already (wafeljern, lvl 42). I almost always try to invite at least one scout/infiltrator, coz i know how damn hard time they have to lvl.

I hope that u are satisfied with my apology.

Talrasha, level 46 Sorcerer

There you have it.

A

Arthwyr

I don't understand why you can't just start your own group? There must be some clerics/minstrels who would be willing to help - in your guild or alliance surely.

Guild is a RvR guild, has 2 LvL 49s, 1 LvL 44 (infil) The rest is 50

Making groups as an infil:

You start out in lYo with the leftovers from anoter group so you invite another infil, a tank maybe a cleric and a wizard. Then you start looking for other ppl. Here is what is a common thing in the following Pms.

Infil- Hi we are making tangler group are you interested in joining
Theurgist- Do you have a sorc ?
Infil- Not yet
Theurgist- Hmmmmm
Infil- Comon, have a tank cleric you and 2 infiltrators with a sorc or minstrel and your root we can get going
Theurgist- ok but I won't wait long

10 minutes go by
Cleric -this gonna take much longer, been offered a spot in that other group
infil- just looking for minstrel or sorc
Theurgist- been here 10 minutes already ppl are asking for me at trees

5 minutes more go by (2 infils 1tank 1wizz 1 cleric and one theurgist sit there)
Tank- are we pulling yet
Wizard- NO dont pull without sorc
Theurgist- Sorry but i wasted enough time I'm gonna do trees
Cleric- I'm going too this group is going nowhere

So group splits, wizard joins a gobo group a little later, Theurgist goes out to trees, cleric joins tangler group next to you and the infils and tank stay behind.

Game starts over again.
infil- Hi looking for a tangler group do you want to join
Sorc- who is in the group so far
Infil- Me anoter infil and a tank
Sorc- Sorry mate, not interested.

Inflammable tell me the last time you sat on your ass for 8 hours without being able to get a group. Just strap a minstrel to you and you can solo oranges easy even if you don't find one. Try soloing as an infil when you got to be at point blank range to get a PA in. The time in wich you made 50 is an utter Joke and yes I doubt you have spent as much time online as me. Btw i Play every day for most of the day and I had this level for about a month because usualy I can't be arsed to spend the entire day ingame waiting for a group to happen. I play main then and go to emain.

You should try playing a wizard m8. We get agro faster than paladins and we get taken down in a few hits. If there was a stat for the amount of times you had died, mine would be 5 times greater than yours (remember xp deaths puts you back)
Then you have been playing with bad paladins or you nuke way to early on mobs. Ask any Wizard that frequently grouped with me in PvE. How many times they took AND kept agro for over 2 seconds. Soloing with infils gets you killed alot. Its 2 bubs up 1.5 bubs down most of the time.

O

old.Odysseus

I soloed 46-50 at angry bwcas just N of Excal.
Now i suddenly remember why.

BTW I spend a lot of time in Lyon with my alt theurg, very slow xp ..... and NO! Theurg pulls are not superior to scout pulls, get it into your stupid little freakish minds! ;)

A

Arthwyr

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lo Arthwyr/Gawain,

I may have been playing the Sorc u mention in the 1 episode (6 pps group ).

I got a message from my guild leader(Hienrich) telling me u were pissed off, for not guetting an answer.

That part i can really understand, and it was an 'accident'. U asked as the same time as a wizz, and i was so focused on answering him, that i didn t even notice ur request to join the group.

I had to check my log to be sure, u weren't mistaking me with another person. For that, I apologise sincerely.

I think of myself as a nice guy, and I always answer request from pps, if I'm not in the middle of a pull. The point of not getting more pps in the group, was that :

1 - I was powerleveling my real life friends char, and we actually did really fine. No one died in this group, so we were not near the 'dangerous' exping zone.

2 - We had an infiltrator already (wafeljern, lvl 42). I almost always try to invite at least one scout/infiltrator, coz i know how damn hard time they have to lvl.

I hope that u are satisfied with my apology.

Talrasha, level 46 Sorcerer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apology accepted, and rest assured it was not you what happened there is that you ignored me wich is a common attitude towards infils. The 1st case I spoke about was the group where the nice cleric spammed clap and laugh at me while i was waiting and his other guildmember kept on yelling:" OH this is good Xp "
Funny. Met the same cleric again today when i asked him why they would not fill out the group this time his anwser was: " Well maybe some of us want to get some Xp" (guess he really ment SOME of us)

P

pitspawn

Originally posted by Arthwyr

Inflammable tell me the last time you sat on your ass for 8 hours without being able to get a group. Just strap a minstrel to you and you can solo oranges easy even if you don't find one. Try soloing as an infil when you got to be at point blank range to get a PA in. The time in wich you made 50 is an utter Joke and yes I doubt you have spent as much time online as me. Btw i Play every day for most of the day and I had this level for about a month because usualy I can't be arsed to spend the entire day ingame waiting for a group to happen. I play main then and go to emain.

Then you have been playing with bad paladins or you nuke way to early on mobs. Ask any Wizard that frequently grouped with me in PvE. How many times they took AND kept agro for over 2 seconds. Soloing with infils gets you killed alot. Its 2 bubs up 1.5 bubs down most of the time.

> Ok since when has doing damage been about having mana regen ??? Yeah SURE i can solo an orange, but maybe 1 times out of 5 i get bolt miss and a few resists, then i die.

> Soloing sucks especially at high levels. I never bothered soloing for xp after L30.

> I dont think ive EVER heard of someone lfg for 8 hours, you must be doing something wrong because a full smite cleric with a bad connection wearing a bright pink robe can get a group faster than that.

> Wizards nuke hard, and often if i get a good critical it takes a lot more than 2 seconds to get agro off me. If no-one has protect on your xp groups wizard your in for some funky healing.

> I very much doubt you have as much time to play this game as I do unless your jobless and get less than 6 hours sleep a day m8 :D

Lastly going back to my main point YOU NEVER ACTUALLY READ WHAT I SAID, you merely have come here to flame. If your not willing to listen to what people have to say then you shouldnt be on discussion boards.

I think it is HARD for inf/scout to get a group, more so for scouts than infiltrators. I dont think enough groups understand the potential of scouts and infiltrators and thats why you will have problems getting into a group. You have picked a character to level that is probably one of the most enjoyable to play in RvR. I would happily trade my 50 wizard for an infiltrator/scout. Just look at the top 10 rp scorers between wizards and inf/scouts :)

But the thing is, as fin said group balance is number 1. Without balance your group will die, and you will loose even more exp. So if a tangler group is asking for some1 with CC dont be suprised if they invite a sorc/theurg instead of a scout/inf.

For the record i have no gruge of any kind against you m8. I was merely stating my thoughts on this matter. If you have taken any of it offensively, i am truely sorry. You are in the same realm as me and albs should be fighting scumbag hibs/mids not themselves ;)

K

kale

> I dont think ive EVER heard of someone lfg for 8 hours, you must be doing something wrong because a full smite cleric with a bad connection wearing a bright pink robe can get a group faster than that.
I wish you was right in saying, we do something wrong but the truth is this happens ALOT to infils and scouts! my personal best is 3days, averaging about 6-7 hrs a night trying to get someone to talk to me! let alone group :( people just seem to think infils and scouts are weak, the only thing weak about an infil is their leather armour and scouts do shit loads of damage with there bow.
and NO! Theurg pulls are not superior to scout pulls...
thats the truth! get a decent sorc and get a scout to crit shot a tangler, now that is a PULL! ;)

O

old.Odysseus

Even with my theurg i sometimes cant find groups for 1-2 hours in Lyon.
I go play my main and have some fun in emain ... no wait, 1.50 ruined that - well that belongs in another thread really, just wanted to whine.

Groups can be hard to get in Lyon.

O

old.Pepsay

" I would happily trade my 50 wizard for an infiltrator/scout. Just look at the top 10 rp scorers between wizards and inf/scouts"

Then lvl one :p

T

Tranquil-

"> Soloing sucks especially at high levels. I never bothered soloing for xp after L30."

Sigh..

"> I dont think ive EVER heard of someone lfg for 8 hours, you must be doing something wrong because a full smite cleric with a bad connection wearing a bright pink robe can get a group faster than that."

Rofl, then it's true, rogues are so stealthy the others can't even see them standing there asking for groups.

S

=Shazzy=

i've removed this post cos of the abusive content i put on it - Sorry

H

Hit ^_^

havent seen so many replies in such a short time before :p
and way to much replyes to even try geting into the descution.
nothing more to say.

O

old.FIN

Dum de daa daa

leave the insulting to your mama, not here

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
I soloed 46-50 at angry bwcas just N of Excal.
Now i suddenly remember why.

BTW I spend a lot of time in Lyon with my alt theurg, very slow xp ..... and NO! Theurg pulls are not superior to scout pulls, get it into your stupid little freakish minds! ;)

um... theurg pulls can be better coz...

1. All the mobs come in one big bunch and a single AoE mez/root does the job
2. Pet takes aggro while theurg has time to get back to group.. scout/inf can have mobs on their back before they get back
3. Cheaper.

Certainly true of tanglers and trees.

As for the rest of the thread... jesus, some people worry too much. I can't get a group for love nor money sometimes. Admittedly not as often for me but sometimes it's just the way it goes. Find something else to do.

A

Arthwyr

shazzy ...I did not beg for a group just asked once and called the guy who read this post a twat for finding it extremely funny as this is not a funny post at all.
Yes, i did just sit there and for a long time i sat and dit nothing but that and listen to you:
a) making personal remarks regarding my age / real life status (much similar to the ones in your post, time for a new approach maybe since it gets old fast.)
b) your group taking cheap shots at the rogue class in general.
it came to the point that kralen, the sorc in your group asked for YOU to cut it out. Btw welcome to my no rezz list plenty of phoenix guard members on it already.

Retard you need to watch your manner instead of telling us what to do - We are all HUMAN we are all not the same not all of us have manners. then you have to remind yourself if people know your an asshole who is going to invite you into groups when you post things like this... that was a big NO NO...

Yes your right, that comment made me realise I have no manners compared to yours. My humble apologies for sitting there and logging the rest of your equaly pollite morale lessons. I must say most of the people who made my non rezz list are in the phoenix guard, glad you found a home there among alot (not all) of ppl of your own intellectual level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom