To all the wankers on albion

A

Arthwyr

Decided today to lvl my alt a bit and ended up to be online for about 8 hours with 2.5 bubs gained thats 0.3125 an hour. ANd yes I know its hard to level rogues, they don't group easy etc etc but here is a rant anyhow about respect and manners.

1: I walk into lyo and ask a group for a spot, there were 6 of them pulling tanglers, all around my level. Me asking resulted in them acting as mutes till one of the kinder members pmed me saying there were only 6 but they were fine and did not want to group me. Personaly I never did not invite someone of my level if the group wasnt full. The sorc was even using his pet, guess its too hard to drop the pet for a player.

2: After running around Lyo lfgs for a little while longer I decided to get myself on a que, asked a sorc of one of the groups if they had a que and he replied: "yes one person on it" he agreed to add me to the list on the 2nd spot. 4 Hours later that sorc ran by me, when I asked him if he still had no room he said "this is another group, sorry" Very amusing.

3: Between 1 and 2 we kinda started our own group with a sorc we found (lucky us) after an hour or so the sorc decided he had to log mid pull for a Tfc match. Sweet anotehr albion hero.

4: I saw 3 ppl pulling gobos, a sorc a wiz and a cleric. I walked over and asked if they would happen to have a spot for me ...5 minutes later no reply. Asked again ... no reply (they were there cause one of em was running around a bit) So up walks this wizard and to my surprise his "Hi" was anwsered with a "Hi" Now this was a major breakthough for me since it proved those ppl spoke english. after saying "sorry, i think its rude to ignore ppl who ask you for a group, the least thing you can do is say yes or no (to wich i got no anwser again) I decided to leave those friendly ppl behind me as well.

Final result at the end of the day i managed to get in 4 groups wich averagely lasted 20 mins before either the sorc or the cleric left making it invaluable and i sat on my ass for the rest of the time, listening to lame excuses or getting completely ignored. Well i got news for all you inconsiderate wankers: WELCOME TO MY NO REZZ LIST when I'm in emain (and i'm there alot lately) You can wait a long long time before you get rezzed. Learn some manners before you play a game like this.

E

Edaudric

Word!

Though I haven't experienced this myself, I must agree that people should at least tell them no if the one looking for a group is present.

Though I've experienced highlevel Theurgists and Wizards are friendly enough to buff low players.

My Paladin rose incredibly fast when a nice Theurgist buffed him. It's even nicer when they protect you by following you and buff you as soon as the buff wears off.

A

Aussie-

now tell me again stealthers may not have an easy RvR life =)

L

-Lonewolf-

Aussie....the I am going inactive till camouflage comes on, for someone revising for exams u respond alot on these forums u know

Get back to revising, for exams which are....er.....not gonna happen till next year woohoo

P

[PS]Venom

I know who some of those people were, and they have apologised, and they have been told off. :) Sorry you had to get pissed off.

T

Tranquil-

Sorry that HE had to get pissed off? Heh.

O

old.krane

TOTALLY agree with arthwyr on this one...

I have a 40ish scout too...and have the same probs as him in lyo..

the current ppl in alb around 40 r mostly bigmouth noobs with NO manners..

I have an amusing story to tell about this..

I logged on around 12:30 AM and popped in lyo. Decided i get my scout another lvl today before RvR in the evening. So started to get a group together from the soloing ppl around me...we had 2 minstrels 1 wiz 2 tanks a cleric and me...
We pulled nice tangler groups...great xp..all went fine...xp flowed in like mad..

but than...

the horror..

14:00 arrived....

school over...

PPl start popping around the beach spot..and the "lvling down" begins..the 2-3 groups forming around us constantly leeched our pulls...pulled aggro on us...not rezzing altough we rezzed them, etc..we died at least 3 times cause of other groups noobishness!!!

But thats nothing....i was thinking...hell yeah, everyone was a noob once...

Suddenly one of our tanks decided to log, so we started looking for a new member..
U shoulda seen this...like 4 ppl popped happily in the group in the next five mins and popped out like 5 secs later after seeing we have no sorc or theurg!!!!

The really experienced, old timer lvl 40 guyz JUST DISBANDED THE GROUP, didnt wait for an explanation how we did tanglers for hours now...

In their world, the only group that can do tanglers is with 1 sorc..1 theurg...1 cleric and rest all tanks...LMAO

I was pretty much amused after the 4th NooB leaving our group...couldnt do anything else but type in "LMAO"...

2 minutes later i called some decent old timer guy with a 40ish alt and we kept doing tanglers with 2 minstrels..
And the noobs who just disbanded our group were constantly wiped with their l33t sorc group..

Conclusion:

No...i didnt want to say that i am uber or the best with this post..
I just want to say its NOT a shame to learn from more experienced ppl...
Its not a shame to have some manners even if you r 14 years old..
For the 324234th time...this game is NOT diablo or Doom or anything like that...

K

kale

I have had this time and time again! people just do not like infiltrators. I nearly quit the other week when i went 3 solid days where no-one would talk to me! infact i quit my guild (yes my guild was the same!) and was ready for the off when eventually i found some nice people to group with. It really does fustrated me in lyonesse to see small groups really struggling and living life on the edge just because they wanna keep the group small for 'uber' xp, when just 1 infiltrator, would take a little pressure off them. I know loads of other infiltrators who have exactly this same problem, they go to lyonesse to group and gain a bit of xp, but end up 6hrs later with nothing, just a feeling of utter discontent because no-one will even do you the common courtesy of talking to you. :( Me personally being at lvl43 this really is becoming tiresome, every night is the same, i have to set aside whole nights (6-7hrs) so i can expect just 1 group.
After running around Lyo lfgs for a little while longer I decided to get myself on a que, asked a sorc of one of the groups if they had a que and he replied: "yes one person on it" he agreed to add me to the list on the 2nd spot. 4 Hours later that sorc ran by me, when I asked him if he still had no room he said "this is another group, sorry" Very amusing.
I had exactly the same, after just over an hour of waiting, sitting by a group (i was first on the list) suddenly they all ran off! I thought they was just running from a bad pull, but no they had just disbanded. They didnt even say a word :(

O

old.chipper

see what years of counter strike conditioning can do to ppl i got a scout and an infil my god what was i thinking

P

pitspawn

Notice you guys are talking about your scout/infiltrator chars here. You know theyre basically RvR chars.

Infiltrators are not too bad, theyre great at melee even without their badass stealth moves. Scouts lets face it are pretty crap at melee (And they should be, the damage is best put into bow so you become rp whores in rvr).

They unlike other utility tanks/light tanks serve little group functionality, and so you have to expect difficulty getting into a group especially when there are already other infs/scouts in that group.

I dont think its fair that you have to ask about 20 groups for a spot before you get into one. But not everyone sees the PvE advantages of the two chars (scout for ranged pulls and inf for good melee damage and bleed/poisons/debuffs)

Just ask to be put on the group's list. If the group leader invites someone else instead of you, thats a reason to pound him with insults though.

A

Arthwyr

L50 Wizard - Inflammable Bloodlust RR3 <-------- excuse me
L42 Paladin - Pitspawn

Well I do notice that I grouped with you in Dartmoor doing ponies you being only 2 levels higher then me ... In the time that i got my scout to 43 and 11K rpoints (not much I know) You managed to get RR3+ AND lvl 50. I would love to compare my actual played time on the infil to that of yours on the wizzard and maybe then you can even start to realise what I am talking about. Its not bad enough that ppl NEVER pm you for a group unless you are asking for a personal favor, but if you ask them they simply act as if you weren't there. That is rude and the entire point of my post. Wonder how you would feel if you have to log in your character for 2 weeks in a row asking every group you see if they have spots and to be ignored and to be put on que lists without ever getting in the group. Some wankers even manage to make fun over you.

O

orm-

Arthwyr, know exactly what you are talking about. Hate all the wankers in Lyonesse. I've started to write down the assholes in Lyonesse on a list, these are people I won't be grouping with in RvR... I will not help them in any way in Emain or whatever, and when I see them dead on the ground I will walk up to them, unstealth /laugh at their sorry corpses and then stealth off again.

You're gonna burn in Hell.

P

Pouget

This is sad. I always try to invite new ppl, if the group isn't full. Sad thing is that usually at least one of the people already in my group is against it. I really don't care about the class of the person asking to join, I take the first one to ask, if the group agrees with me (don't want to piss off anyone). After all, the game is about having fun, not about trying to outlvl other same-realm fellows as fast as possible.

And besides, infis make nice damage, at least more than my pally....

D

Drclink

Dont narrow it down to just people in lyonesse it seems to be most people at lower levels or atleast them that are online most often.

Last night in a fit of I am annoyed with my scout decided to make a merc.....soon got upto lvl 5 with only the odd ask for buffs at pryd bridge :)

Anyway around 11 pm got in a group and there was one person saying this exp is crap 1 level higher than me and purple conn mobs decides to keep moaning and makes the group move on to kill "more suitable mobs" namely boulders at lvl 6 and 7.

Anyways game for a laugh as always went along got there and said moaning person decided to go play with there "Main" in darkness falls, i explained how it sucked to move a group then leave, the reply i got.........

Well my main is higher level you wouldnt understand so i asked the level of this higher alt and was firmly told Its a level 29 Paladin.

:clap:

This doesnt even begin to cover some of the sorts ive met in keltoi with my Minstrel.

I remember on the day of release the groups the people all were a laugh now it seems albions up and comings are a bit to big for there boots an think that they know the game inside out.

I firmly believe that the attitude of the people coming up levels still has a lot to do with conditions on our RvR experience and as such makes for a poor time for those of us that seem to make the effort towards others.

H

Hatjitjai

uhm

well i do agree on that u at least should get a reply on ur apply to join a group.

but 99% of the infils/scouts always had a hard time exping...its a known fact...i think u'd realised that when u started the char

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Aussie....the I am going inactive till camouflage comes on, for someone revising for exams u respond alot on these forums u know

nah just 10more days and what's wrong with replying on forums.. takes so much of my time :rolleyes:

H

Hatjitjai

heh

Aussie lvl 50 Scout
~~ Phoenix Knight ~~ of <Dragon Knights>
inactive

change it to :

Aussie lvl 50 Scout
~~ Phoenix Knight ~~ of <Dragon Knights>
inactive in game
active on forums

its kinda misleading ppl u know ;p

D

danskmacabre

I am sometimes in Lyonesse (if I'm not in DF or the Barrows).
Do a search for Cambrensis, a 36th lvl Cleric, that's me.
I'm almost always in a group.
I will always answer with a yes or no as soon as I can.

Sometimes even tho the group isn't full, it's nice to have less than 8 ppl in a group. So I wouldn't be offended if I was refused by such a group. But of course it's polite to actually aknowledge the person, (Which I would).

Please don't judge the entirety of Albion like this tho, as I have experienced what has happened to you, but it doesn't happen very often to me.
But I can understand it's frustrating.

O

old.Im pac man!!

I agree. When we 1st started doing tanglers there used to be the Royal Bavarian group and the others. I can remember them pulling the trees and we used to pull the beach. Then more ppl got to 40 and the camp started to get busy, but we always did tanglers with 8 guys and this also followed to witherwoodes and to DM.

Now my alt, an infiltrator, is 42 and im back at tanglers. I see this group is doing fine or no replies. I can understand the part about doing fine but the no answer really pisses me off. Sometimes we are lucky and those guys die a few minutes later and you fell a bit better. Atm what i do is either get a group with guild or go do some RvR.

A wizard shouldnt talk about lvls. I know a lot of wizzers that started doing tanglers and 1-2 weeks later are 50.

O

old.Elfslayer

Its not just rogues that have this problem, think the whole of the guild of shadows does. As a cabi I found it real hard getting grps outside of my guildies. In the end I just solod the gobos, then when people see you makeing exp then they ask you for an invite (lame).

O

orm-

Re: uhm

Originally posted by Hatjitjai

but 99% of the infils/scouts always had a hard time exping...its a known fact...i think u'd realised that when u started the char

Surely levling a rouge is hard... duh...
But the main reason for this is (my 2c) the lack of knowledge of the rouge classes many many peeps have. They've heard from when they started the game that Infils totally suck in groups, they can't do shit yadda yadda yadda... If you have the basic classes to do mob spot X allready, not helping the fellow rouges out is just stupid.
It IS hard to level rouges but it don't HAVE to be, it's all about the lack of knowledge and the lack of good manners....

R

rayzor_e_w

I'll tell u something that happened to me a few weeks ago....

Was hunting in Lyonesse with a group of ppl around my lvl 42-44 ish, when someone in their early 30's (i'm not gonna mention any names, but i am fairly sure that it was an alt of someone who should know better,) asked to join. Group leader said "no sry, u r too low" which I think is fair enough considering a 10 lvl difference.

According to the group leader he was then constantly spammed with abuse and requests to "boot the 44 pally and invite me"

wtf is up with ppl????

H

Hatjitjai

fairly said Laico

I know it doesnt have to be hard to level a rogue
but that doesnt change the facts doesnt it?
my point is dont feel surprised to get a hard time leveling thats all

K

katt!

Re: fairly said Laico

Originally posted by Hatjitjai
I know it doesnt have to be hard to level a rogue
but that doesnt change the facts doesnt it?
my point is dont feel surprised to get a hard time leveling thats all

i dont think his point was that its hard. i think his point was that people were promising him a space in the group when someone leaves and not keeping it etc.

H

Hatjitjai

i dont think his point was that its hard. i think his point was that people were promising him a space in the group when someone leaves and not keeping it etc.
was replying on Laico's remarks

O

old.Galieran

Imo the more experienced players, know that we need all classes in RvR, so they tend to invite classes in PvE that they could do without..Call it altruism! The more experienced players are also aware of the barrysworld and the lesser experienced are not..
I think you will see that all the replies here will give you a clap on the shoulder, because the lesser experienced players arent here.
I think its unfair to call ´em wankers, lets just call ém pepole who hasnt learned the DAoC culture yet. Such as manners!

O

old.Second

i have the same problem:p

Who would have guessed a theurg dont get grps?:p

but after 5 hours of no grouping... no wonder i play my ranger hehe.

I

Insurrextion

don't see why ppl don't like an infil or scout in their grp - they aren't that bad :p infil's dmg output is similar to a tank's dmg + they can debuff - just that they can't take much of a beating :) scout's with guard on your main tank is also great cause of their high shield spec & uber high dex ;)

W

-Wedge-

I dont think the 'problem' isnt limited to Scouts/Infiltrators... I do think you guys are 'hit the hardest'... (too many groups in lyoness these days)

Personally I love infiltrators and scouts, infiltrators can 'guard' a wizard better then a tank can... And Scouts almost act as Wizards with the damage output they have with their bow (for god sakes, do not go melee, unless its only for first hit agro when something gets through mezz and heads for a caster or cleric)....

Problem is, if you have a scout that goes melee, or an infiltrator gets agro when there's no reason for him to get agro... Then I can understand why people do not want them in groups... (and it happens all to often, inf gets agro when there are tanks around, cleric goes oop to try and keep the inf alive)

As for the not answering, I always give an answer (or make sure someone else answers), might not be the answer you want, but its at least an answer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom