Tilda has a Girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brynn

I firmly believe that God does NOT make people sick; and God does NOT want people to suffer. We can see this by looking at the life of Jesus. He healed the sick. He CURED people. He did not make them sick!

Why, then, are so many in pain?

There is no good or easy answer when tragedies occur. But to try and understand, we must step back and look at the big picture. God made everything perfect. When man sinned, that perfection was spoiled and all of our environment was tainted. The fact is, we live in a world where evil abounds. It is rampant throughout every aspect of creation. We are subject to the evil actions of sinful people around us.God can and does intervene in some events, but why not others? Only He knows that answer, but the Bible teaches that there will be a time when He will end this world as we know it.

V

VodkaFairy

Uh and I also have to agree with Asha. If god could hold the towers up, and everything, if god is allmighty and is everywhere around us, why isn't this world a perfect place? Why did that accident happen at all? If he can hold two towers up, surely he can stop a plane from flying into them -_-

If god's allmighty, can he create a stone he can't lift? :p

God's always responsible for the things we can't understand. In the past years/centuries we explained many many things with science. Hence people started doubting the bible and there aren't as many christians left now. I havn't read the bible, I don't know all the facts, but science can actually show proof. Christians always show things we can't explain, so there is no way of saying they are "wrong" saying god is responsible.

Endless discussion, but as long as it's making your life nice, who am I to care ? ;p

R

--Random--

Originally posted by Brynn
I firmly believe that God does NOT make people sick; and God does NOT want people to suffer. We can see this by looking at the life of Jesus. He healed the sick. He CURED people. He did not make them sick!

Why, then, are so many in pain?

There is no good or easy answer when tragedies occur. But to try and understand, we must step back and look at the big picture. God made everything perfect. When man sinned, that perfection was spoiled and all of our environment was tainted. The fact is, we live in a world where evil abounds. It is rampant throughout every aspect of creation. We are subject to the evil actions of sinful people around us.God can and does intervene in some events, but why not others? Only He knows that answer, but the Bible teaches that there will be a time when He will end this world as we know it.

so your basic answer to my question is, you havnt a clue? your certainly making me start to beleive in god now!!

O

old.Dillinja

All this speculation about heaven, hell, God, the devil etc. is just wishful thinking for people who want to believe in some kind of life after death. Religion was also used as a method of control to try to stop people from causing trouble, stealing etc. back in the old days.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
All this speculation about heaven, hell, God, the devil etc. is just wishful thinking for people who want to believe in some kind of life after death. Religion was also used as a method of control to try to stop people from causing trouble, stealing etc. back in the old days.

yup, which is exactly what i've been trying to say.

humans are naturally curious creatures, and we cant physically beleive there is nothing after we die, therefore we make up crap like heaven, to take the worry of dying away a bit.

O

old.Dillinja

Btw cant wait when your burning in hell Mate.

Sorry, had to say something about this quote too though.

God really is a nice guy if he lets people 'burn in hell' because they do not believe in his religion when he has gave them no signs or proof or reasons why they should believe in it.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by --Random--
yup, which is exactly what i've been trying to say.

humans are naturally curious creatures, and we cant physically beleive there is nothing after we die, therefore we make up crap like heaven, to take the worry of dying away a bit.

Which is really not a problem, but when people are on purpose kept stupid (no access to books) so they wouldn't find out alot of things in the bible aren't true, the story turns ugly.

<shrug> That's the past :p

Not going to post here anymore, its pointless :x

B

Brynn

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Sorry, had to say something about this quote too though.

God really is a nice guy if he lets people 'burn in hell' because they do not believe in his religion when he has gave them no signs or proof or reasons why they should believe in it.

It was their descion not to follow him. Therefor they get to go to an all expenses paid trip to hell.

R

--Random--

It was their descion not to follow him. Therefor they get to go to an all expenses paid trip to hell.

why should we beleive in him when, as dill said, theres no evidence what so ever that he exists? i've never seen him perform a miracle, i've never seen him help me or anyone.. why should i beleive? surely if he's such a nice bloke he'd drop the odd miracle on us every hundred years or so to keep people interested.

why doenst he? because he doesnt exist :p

V

VodkaFairy

That's not answering his question :)

You're hoping for tolerance while God is intolerant himself. Believe in me or burn!1!1

/edit - couldn't resist posting ;(

B

Brynn

Just what i was thinking about u posting VF (thought u said u were going away :p)

Like you said earlier - im not injuring anyone with my beliefs. Why are people not allowed to have their own beliefs?

God + Miracles = Google search of 758,000
God + Failures = Google search of 270,000

O

old.Dillinja

I didn't say you couldn't. It just annoys me a bit when you start telling people that they will burn in hell because they do not believe in God...

B

Brynn

Sure God will let u into heaven having shunned him all your life.

God "ok i know u killed 100 people, stole billions. Comeon in your all welcome"

I really dont think so.

But if i annoyed you im sorry Dill

O

old.Dillinja

Yes, of course I understand that... Murderers etc. deserve to burn in hell. But, what I do not understand is would God let an innocent person who has done no big wrongs in their life go to hell just because they do not believe in him?

B

Brynn

Murder = sin, not believing in God = sin.

Each sin is viewed in God's eyes as the same value (not the word i mean - but cant remember the word i need)

A

Arnor

Sure God will let u into heaven having shunned him all your life.

God "ok i know u killed 100 people, stole billions. Comeon in your all welcome"

I really dont think so.

But if i annoyed you im sorry Dill

how about the part of the bible where Jesus died for our sins and all that?

and as far as I know, coming from a semi-religous family EVERYONE can come into heaven, doesnt matter if you've worshipped god every minute of your life, technically you can come into heaven as long as you regret your sins and ask for forgivness in the end.

Also, your a christian right? and like you said in the other thread you follow the commandments. Let me ask you this: Have you NEVER lied? im talking white lies (ye i like your new jacket, no I couldnt come to your party because I had to study), deceit, fraud, lying and all the works.
Can you with your hand on your heart/bible say that you have NEVER lied?

B

Brynn

I admit i have lied, i also said sorry to God each time.

I know that i cant keep asking for forgivness but i have been stopping the amount i have been lying.

And yea Arnor Everyone can come into heaven. They can confess their sins, ask God into their lives and yes they can come into heaven.

V

VodkaFairy

Like you said earlier - im not injuring anyone with my beliefs. Why are people not allowed to have their own beliefs?

You're telling me I will burn in hell because I don't share your belief. So infact you're injuring me now, and blaming god for it.

:rolleyes:

God is intolerant, give me a reason (a fact) why I should believe in him and his intolerant beliefs?

I really don't give a shit if anyone is black or white, smart or dumb, christian or muslim, but telling me I will burn just because I don't believe in a myth is.. well..

You're being a hypocrit brynn, you really are. Acting all innocent while telling everyone else they will burn in hell. This time I really am going to stop posting here because I'm getting a bit frustrated :>

B

Brynn

If im injuring you by my beliefs why dont you accept them and not be injured ;)

well was worth a try

A

Arnor

I admit i have lied, i also said sorry to God each time.

I know that i cant keep asking for forgivness but i have been stopping the amount i have been lying.

And yea Arnor Everyone can come into heaven. They can confess their sins, ask God into their lives and yes they can come into heaven.

so, why the fuck are you saying that everyone arguing against you will go to hell?

Your actually lying, did you say sorry?

O

old.Dillinja

Yeah, but they are still his beliefs. If a guy believes that every person on Earth will be dead tomorrow it is still his belief. Whether other people believe it or not is up to them. If he started preaching it and trying to force it onto other people then that would be a different matter. I am comfortable with other people's beliefs as long as they don't knock on my door and start trying to recruit me, like Arnor said.

D

Driwen

Each sin is viewed in God's eyes as the same value (not the word i mean - but cant remember the word i need)

so if I live a life without any major sins (imo a white lie isnt the same as murdering someone), except for the part of me believing in god and worshipping him. I go to hell?

I doubt he will do that, might not let me in heaven, but I doubt he will send me to hell while having had a good life except for the part of not thinking much about him.

B

Brynn

Driwen = You have to believe in him to get into Heaven.

Dill = Im not a Jehova's witness - i try not to ram my beliefs down other peoples throat. (if i have in the course of this thread im sorry)

Arnor = Im not saying everyone arguing against me will burn in hell. I said it abotu Random because he blatantly said he was against it all. You may all argue against me. I dont know what you will do in the rest of your lifes. Some of you may convert (which i hope you do). However some of you may stay sitting on the fence. Their is no sitting on the fence here, you either believe or you dont.

O

old.Dillinja

Dill = Im not a Jehova's witness - i try not to ram my beliefs down other peoples throat. (if i have in the course of this thread im sorry)

I didn't say you was. I was defending you because you are only telling us your beliefs and not telling us to believe your beliefs. And that is cool with me. :)

B

Brynn

Thanks mate, sofar the only person kinda standing up for me :p

lol im having this argument while being one of three bard healers in a fins group

D

Driwen

Driwen = You have to believe in him to get into Heaven.

not into heaven isnt the same as going to hell ;). Also it kinda makes sense that you have to believe in God to get into Heaven, as otherwise you dont believe Heaven exists. As soon as you acknowledge that Heaven exists you also acknowledge that God exists. If you dont acknowledge that Heaven exist, how can you enter a place you dont believe exists? It might even make Heaven into a hell for you.

Anyway one thing has puzzled me about a place after life, if every human ever lived has a chance of getting into heaven/hell. Wouldnt those place than have over a trillion souls walking around there? Off course this cant be explained, but it is something that puzzles me and I doubt I will ever find an answer to it untill Im dead.

R

--Random--

so.. your saying im basically as evil as a murderer, or rapist in gods eyes and in every christians eyes? because i dont beleive something im basically as evil as someone that has.. say killed a child, or raped a woman?

interesting beleifs you christians have lol.

as i said before, rethink your life.

B

Brynn

Yea Driwen heaven has all the christians who have ever lived in the world. Yea there will be alot of people there - but heaven doesn't have a size, if it was coming to full then God would just increase the size as he made all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread