thx mythic for wizard changes

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
when runemaster bolts reach same dmg what wizard doing atm in 1.83?

Eyres

Banned
does kinda suck that every rm spec was a watered down version of a hib caster..... noweven wizzies have nearsight and spec nukes and better bolts.... thats 2 diff rm specs to get all that.... wizzies get it in one.... somthing needs to be changed anyway.... not just carbon copy another caster but just give it somthing that says im NOT just an eld/chanter/wiz but shitter

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Eyres said:
does kinda suck that every rm spec was a watered down version of a hib caster..... noweven wizzies have nearsight and spec nukes and better bolts.... thats 2 diff rm specs to get all that.... wizzies get it in one.... somthing needs to be changed anyway.... not just carbon copy another caster but just give it somthing that says im NOT just an eld/chanter/wiz but shitter
I haven't gone too deep into the wizard specs, but as far as I know having proper nearsight aswell as the matter debuff and nuke wouldn't allow you to go for the better fire spec bolts.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
ns is earth line on wiz.... so to get full ns u have to cripple ur dmg output.... but guess the 25% or whatever lowest ns is, still would do some... not that wiz bolts have poor range anyway :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
wizzies were teh suck

They're now ok... still not worth taking over a sorc or a cabalist if you have the choice :p

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Eyres said:

as sum1 above said ns for wizzy is in earth line hence he has to gimp his fire nuke dmge to get high ns..

as for whining about how rm's are look at a wizzys utility and u whine because they got gave a lil boost (not enough utilitywise imo). giv wizzys PBT in ice or earth spec :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Tbh, wizard changes rocks :D

Damn fun being able to nearsight on a wiz then bolt away ;p

I went 50 earth/20 ice (aoe root interupt) and nuke cap seemed to be 784.

Matter bolt and matter spec snare nuke rocks ;p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Kinag said:
Tbh, wizard changes rocks :D

Damn fun being able to nearsight on a wiz then bolt away ;p

Matter bolt and matter spec snare nuke rocks ;p

Is it actually true that ns on wizzies has a matter debuff component too?

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
I haven't gone too deep into the wizard specs, but as far as I know having proper nearsight aswell as the matter debuff and nuke wouldn't allow you to go for the better fire spec bolts.
Yeah cuz' so many RM's have a proper nearsight aswell as debuff and nuke with the best bolts :p

RM is either best bolts and debuff or best nuke and low nearsight.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
Yeah cuz' so many RM's have a proper nearsight aswell as debuff and nuke with the best bolts :p

RM is either best bolts and debuff or best nuke and low nearsight.
I never denied that, and I rarely get bothered by mids nearsighting me. I'm more bothered by Eldritches having purple nearsight aswell as proper dmg, and mainly the nearsight as they tend to nearsight me (or try to do so) several times each fight x<

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
bolts are mainly what get me piipped, theres way too many stuff whats against them, atleast mids view of point.
af, shield, resists.
now hibs got bainshee for nice 300pt magic ablative, albs have spec af.
rc using bolts never reach same dmg against hib/albs what hibs/albs can do against us.
whit shammyresist buffs got bolted over 800dmg, 2nd was 600dmg, same time self hit little over 400dmg and 2nd bolt ~300dmg, whit ~10% resist to energy (thx to af etc).

probably wizzie needed smallish work but cmoon, what we see now is way over top.
even warlock start look very gimp class prenerf whit this :)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
bolts are mainly what get me piipped, theres way too many stuff whats against them, atleast mids view of point.
af, shield, resists.
now hibs got bainshee for nice 300pt magic ablative, albs have spec af.
rc using bolts never reach same dmg against hib/albs what hibs/albs can do against us.
whit shammyresist buffs got bolted over 800dmg, 2nd was 600dmg, same time self hit little over 400dmg and 2nd bolt ~300dmg, whit ~10% resist to energy (thx to af etc).

probably wizzie needed smallish work but cmoon, what we see now is way over top.
even warlock start look very gimp class prenerf whit this :)
hib bolts suck aswell and that specline sux bigtime for fg rvr

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
whit shammyresist buffs got bolted over 800dmg, 2nd was 600dmg

Those are definately critical hits if you had your shields and resists up.
WP5 = 49% total chance to crit = 1/4 chance you crit 2 in a row.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Nearsight with a piggyback 15% matter debuff and snare nuke away, teh fun. Oh, and that snare nuke is 2.8 casting time, not 3.0 like other snare nukes. And the matter debuff lasts 1 minute iirc. Balanced.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Cry more imo! A class that has been gimpy and lacking for years is finally brought up a peg... just a shame they weren't made even better ;d

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
~Latency~ said:
Cry more imo! A class that has been gimpy and lacking for years is finally brought up a peg... just a shame they weren't made even better ;d
wizzi allways been a shitty class whitout any utility... more dmg wount make up for it tbh. maby give them some more stuff but not a ton of dmg would help.i played wizzi for a wile and was the most boring class ever to play.. even the dmg was nice on bolts..

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:

The facts:

A templated Earth wizard nukes for around 500 on a neutral target before resists. A low passives wiz will nuke for 480; mom and acuity can bring it up to 550+

A templated Fire wizard nukes for about 650 on a neutral target before resists. 600 for a wiz with low passives, up to 700+ with high mom and acuity.

Ofc a crit can bring you up to let's say 550+30% = 700+ in earth and 700+30% = 900+ in fire.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
The facts:

A templated Earth wizard nukes for around 500 on a neutral target before resists. A low passives wiz will nuke for 480; mom and acuity can bring it up to 550+

A templated Fire wizard nukes for about 650 on a neutral target before resists. 600 for a wiz with low passives, up to 700+ with high mom and acuity.

Ofc a crit can bring you up to let's say 550+30% = 700+ in earth and 700+30% = 900+ in fire.
The snare effect is nice tho :> I'm not quite sure about how heavy the snare is, but just getting one or two extra nukes off would make up for the loss of damage, not to mention the nearsight.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's time to bring Ms. Gasoline back from retirement soon. Never thought I'd see the day when earth wizards got their own whine thread.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
I absolutely love the new Earth line... Ask the dudes i was playin with on TS yesterday :) OMG its gr8t

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I am loving my Fire spec in this patch. My char has always been Fire (apart from a brief period as Ice) so I saw no reason to change especially with the debuffs but the Earth line is a tempting line to spec in.

The one great feeling I have is that finally I feel like my character is actually doing the sort of damage that the class was originally designed to do.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Same reason I think manaeldies are quite nice atm; nuking vs furbarred resists snare nuke hits for harder than regular spec nukes with added bonus of snare. ofc a bit different for wizzies now fire line has that debuff component...

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
i think the fire and earth lines are quite nice now
the class is still not first choice for a group spot but it is now an option that can be considered
the pbaoe line is still lacking compared to other classes

and to the thread starter: it's not the few points more delve that makes the difference in bolt damage but the stuff that can be used to negate the damage. It's impossible to kill someone with bolts if he uses spec AF or AF charges; it's also (almost) impossible to kill anyone covered by the 300 pts bainshee ablative (not only is the damage reduced by 300 pts but it also calculates the crit damage based on the reduced damage).

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
As I saw it, the main thing about this change is that Hibs and Mids (I believe) spec nukes are in the resists that Friars have the resist spells for, so they are usually nuking against low resists, whereas fire resists are common in Hibernia and Midgard.

That's why it's a debuff, rather than doing extra base damage.

Darzil

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
As I saw it, the main thing about this change is that Hibs and Mids (I believe) spec nukes are in the resists that Friars have the resist spells for, so they are usually nuking against low resists, whereas fire resists are common in Hibernia and Midgard.

That's why it's a debuff, rather than doing extra base damage.

Darzil

matter debuff and matter bolt in sameline.
shammy have last matter resist buff in 48.
atleast own bott have aug 47.

respecced own rm yesterday to dork, and immediatly notice alott higher average dmg comparing rc line bolts.
thou still miss that range what bolts had.

snare is that way nasty cc its in same immunity time what root, snare and forget root same time.
notice this when exp full supp rm up in US servers and tryed use root as escape tool :)

good to see someone was suprised there was suddenly "whine" thread against wizard, personally was alott more suprised valkyrie whine thread few month ago :D
personally dont whine wizzies, class was dmg wise ok, just debuff change rise it over limit, utility is ok.
now just give rm more dmg, or utility? and i am fine, aeroot? aestunn? whit 1830 range ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom